Destiny 1080P on X1 confirmed by Bungie

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Whats with the 2007 gfx

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5857 Posts

The said in the video we can end the fanboy comparisons now as they are the same.

Guess that wont happen in these forums.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This game is not a good looking game and is a terrible tech showcase for graphics for any current gen system.

It's primarily a PS360 game spruced up for modern consoles and Bungie's stated goal is graphic parity. That's their goal. Again, this game is the absolute worse game to use as some sort of graphic showcase for either the Xbone or PS4.

----

As I said in the fourth post on the first page in the other Destiny thread that this Destiny thread is merely responding to:

"I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo."

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Not sure if it's the Youtube video but that frame rate appears to be choppy as shit.... Also needs texture filtering

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@SolidTy said:

This game is not a good looking game and is a terrible tech showcase for graphics for any current gen system.

It's primarily a PS360 game spruced up for modern consoles and Bungie's stated goal is graphic parity. That's their goal. Again, this game is the absolute worse game to use as some sort of graphic showcase for either the Xbone or PS4.

No doubt...I am not touting the graphics. I am however pointing out how a certain group of fanboys claimed the X1 version will not be 1080P because of the beta.....a BETA!

But I do find it amusing that now that the X1 will be in 1080P....it's an ugly game. Even though there is a thread on the front page claiming how beautiful it looks.

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Loading Video...

Since the original was locked due to lack of posts....here it is again.

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Thanks man. I keep forgetting about this posting limit!

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 chikenfriedrice

@ttboy: No problem...its a weird rule since people with 500+ posts make horrible threads all the time.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:
his game is not a good looking game and is a terrible tech showcase for graphics for any current gen system.

----

As I said in the fourth post on the first page in the other Destiny thread that this Destiny thread is merely responding to:

"I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo."

No doubt...I am not touting the graphics. I am however pointing out how a certain group of fanboys claimed the X1 version will not be 1080P because of the beta.....a BETA!

But I do find it amusing that now that the X1 will be in 1080P....it's an ugly game. Even though there is a thread on the front page claiming how beautiful it looks.

People shouldn't judge Betas as a final product, that's for sure...but I've repeated that we shouldn't judge Betas and Demos for games since the Xbox/PS2/GC days of SW.

I am currently playing the Destiny Beta and nothing has changed with regards to the looks of the game. The art is fine, but the game just will never be a looker while Bungie clings onto the PS360 install bases (I don't blame them, $$$). Plus, Bungie is going far out of their way to keep the games looking identical considering their goal is graphic parity between consoles. That hurts the Xbone/PS4 even more as they are measuring their game to PS360. I can also say that I've been repeatedly consistent in my Destiny views since I first played the Alpha. Destiny was always destined for lower end graphics once the revealed it was primarily a PS360 game. My page one post (4th post in the thread) in that other Destiny thread you referenced I called that thread out:

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chikenfriedrice

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:
his game is not a good looking game and is a terrible tech showcase for graphics for any current gen system.

----

As I said in the other Destiny thread that this thread is merely responding too:

People shouldn't judge Betas as a final product, that's for sure...but I've repeated that we shouldn't judge Betas and Demos for games since the Xbox/PS2/GC days of SW. I am currently playing the Destiny Beta and nothing has changed with regards to the looks of the game. The art is fine, but the game just will never be a looker while Bungie clings onto the PS360 install bases (I don't blame them, $$$). I can also say that I've been repeatedly consistent in my Destiny views since I first played the Alpha. Destiny was always destined for lower end graphics once the revealed it was a PS360 game. My post in that other Destiny thread on page one:

Yeah that was my point...and its sad because now we are in a period where DF will do beta & demo comparisons between the X1/PS4. I don't know what purpose that serves other than to entice fanboyism.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

The judder on the bike was pretty awful as a side note. You could like see the segregated frames. Hopefully that gets ironed out.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

The said in the video we can end the fanboy comparisons now as they are the same.

Lmao... maybe when hell freezes over!

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Art style wise its a very good looking game. But its not pushing either the X1 or the PS4, and thats understandable since its just a lastgen game. I'm still very much looking forward to the game on the PS4.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

Played the beta on PS4. it looked really good. the 1080p really makes a difference. i can see it's a last gen game in 1080p though.

still for a cross gen game i thought it looked really good. i guss i'm easily impressed? good for me actually

also it's crazy how it's not 60 fps on both consles when not much is going on outside battles and even in battles there aren't many enemies on screen so i don't get why it isn't 60 fps.

actually there's at least one place in the beta that gets hairy as **** once per 1 or 2 hours (not sure on the time and if it happens everywhere or just that one spot). If you go where the downed helicopters are there's some kind of invasion event that puts probably over 50 enemies all over the zone and they're all high level with yellow bars+shield plus there's multiple enemies i've never seen in the alpha or anywhere else in the beta (like the blueish zombies that look like husks in mass effect that blow up when you get close to them).

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

looks nice! cant wait to crank this on my X1!!

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#67  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

You should take a gander at GAF.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The Xbox One beta will not be in 1080p, they even say so in the video. I always thought the argument was about the beta, but apparently I was wrong.

I've played the Alpha and the beta and this game does not look current gen. Many people will be disappointed if they're expecting to be blown away by the graphics on any current gen console.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Looks like a last gen Halo game. Maybe a bit more detail and tessellation or whatever it's called. And this is 30fps lol, current gen hardware = raw power confirmed.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So has it come to the point where X1 gamers are so excited to have a game that is multi-generational (on 360 and PS3) in 1080p?

I mean...it looks great...but it's not like Ryse or Infamous. It should reach 1080p.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I love how cows get all depressed when a xbox game runs in 1080p. The common answer is "some things must have been sacrificed".

If you stop and take the time to look, most PS4 games have sacrifices to reach 1080p too.

KZ low enemy count, dumb A.I. and pop in covered by thick fog.

Infamous SS dead open world game with no cars or people. The most linear open world game ever created.

Destiny is just pissing on cows parade because they thought a multiplat was their exclusive baby.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#72 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Looks exactly the same as the PS4 version.

RepetitiousV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RepetitiousV2
Member since 2014 • 74 Posts

More people here that need their console to do well in order to keep their self esteem..pitiful people pick consoles for reasons other than games.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

DF saying that the PS3 and PS4 versions are very similar. No wonder it's 1080p on the Bone.

Can't wait to see the frame rate plunge like a stone when action kicks in.

@tdkmillsy said:

Ryan McCaffrey can keep begging.

@Antwan3K said:

Unless you hadn't noticed, Destiny is cross-gen. We've already established that ESRAM won't do anything and DX12's impact will be minimal too.

Nice avatar, lemming.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@repetitiousv2 said:

More people here that need their console to do well in order to keep their self esteem..

Dumbest part is that, besides the rare case like Destiny, PC is always on top anyway. Console "Digital Foundry" Wars are a waste since they're fighting for second place. But then again, there's the sales wars. Oh boy.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8009 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher:

Yes, I have definitely noticed that Destiny is cross-gen.. which, like I said, is the current excuse that Sony fanboys are using to explain why the Xbox One can do this game in 1080p.. that's cool, again like I said: keep moving the goal posts.. Once cross-gen games are no longer being released and Xbox One multiplats are still outputting at the same resolution and framerate as the PS4 versions, i'm sure your next excuse will be that developers are intentionally gimping PS4 versions to achieve parity.. which is fine, keep the excuses coming sir..

And who is "we"?.. even in the most recent hardware breakdowns of the Xbox One in comparison to the PS4, people are still admitting that they don't fully understand eSRAM yet.. and I'm not saying that this is inherently a good thing.. it's not a good thing because until developers fully understand the Xbox One architecture, they won't be able to make games to the console's full potential.. what I am saying is that since developer's obviously don't have a full grasp of a key component of the Xbox One hardware, there's definitely room to grow and improve.. will it be earth shattering?.. probably not.. but it will help.. just like DirectX12.. Phil Spencer said it will help.. he didn't say "minimal", he said it will help.. we won't know how much it will help until it is properly implemented and he just cautioned that it won't provide a massive difference.. FYI, "not massive" doesn't equal "minimal", genius.. like I said, we'll have to wait and see.. heck, fanboys like yourself claimed that the 10% extra GPU access from the June SDK wouldn't do anything, yet developers like Bungie and the devs for The Crew are saying otherwise.. that being said, I think i'll take a "wait and see" stance rather than your biased assessment..

And thanks, I'm glad you like my avatar.. doesn't make me a lemming though.. i'm an Xbox fan, but i'm definitely not a fanboy.. I used to be a Sony fanboy, potentially like you, until I woke up and saw how retarded fanboyism is.. i've owned a Atari, NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, 360, Xbox One, and eventually I may get a PS4 when more of the Sony first party titles drop.. i'm a gamer not a lemming.. but judging by your posts, you're a cow?.. or maybe based on your avatar (according to your logic), I guess you're a sheep?.. doesn't matter, i'll still enjoy reading your fanboy excuses regardless.. carry on..

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GrenadeLauncher

@Antwan3K said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Yes, I have definitely noticed that Destiny is cross-gen.. which, like I said, is the current excuse that Sony fanboys are using to explain why the Xbox One can do this game in 1080p.. that's cool, again like I said: keep moving the goal posts.. Once cross-gen games are no longer being released and Xbox One multiplats are still outputting at the same resolution and framerate as the PS4 versions, i'm sure your next excuse will be that developers are intentionally gimping PS4 versions to achieve parity.. which is fine, keep the excuses coming sir..

And who is "we"?.. even in the most recent hardware breakdowns of the Xbox One in comparison to the PS4, people are still admitting that they don't fully understand eSRAM yet.. and I'm not saying that this is inherently a good thing.. it's not a good thing because until developers fully understand the Xbox One architecture, they won't be able to make games to the console's full potential.. what I am saying is that since developer's obviously don't have a full grasp of a key component of the Xbox One hardware, there's definitely room to grow and improve.. will it be earth shattering?.. probably not.. but it will help.. just like DirectX12.. Phil Spencer said it will help.. he didn't say "minimal", he said it will help.. we won't know how much it will help until it is properly implemented and he just cautioned that it won't provide a massive difference.. FYI, "not massive" doesn't equal "minimal", genius.. like I said, we'll have to wait and see.. heck, fanboys like yourself claimed that the 10% extra GPU access from the June SDK wouldn't do anything, yet developers like Bungie and the devs for The Crew are saying otherwise.. that being said, I think i'll take a "wait and see" stance rather than your biased assessment..

And thanks, I'm glad you like my avatar.. doesn't make me a lemming though.. i'm an Xbox fan, but i'm definitely not a fanboy.. I used to be a Sony fanboy, potentially like you, until I woke up and saw how retarded fanboyism is.. i've owned a Atari, NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, PS3, 360, Xbox One, and eventually I may get a PS4 when more of the Sony first party titles drop.. i'm a gamer not a lemming.. but judging by your posts, you're a cow?.. or maybe based on your avatar (according to your logic), I guess you're a sheep?.. doesn't matter, i'll still enjoy reading your fanboy excuses regardless.. carry on..

Might want to read up, son. Destiny performed similarly on the PS3 to the PS4. No wonder it's 1080p on the Bone. Outlast was too. "Once," I'm sure. And if they still have weaker framerates and less graphical effects than the PS4? What then?

We already know the ESRAM won't do much. Considering the recent string of releases, bringing the Xbone to paper specs didn't do much either. Again, it's just lemmings clinging to their rapidly depleting straws.

No need to try and excuse your lemming behaviour, friend. I've owned multiple consoles too, and the Xbone is still a turd. :)

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Infamous SS dead open world game with no cars or people. The most linear open world game ever created.

Thats a straight up lie....and you should consider yourself the child.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Well if you browsed the "beta is not in 1080P" thread you would see many cows claiming that the final version will not be 1080P.

They shoot for parity which doesn't say much,holding back the PS4 isn't the same as parity,which they have stated time and time again,the goal was an equal experience.

By the way i wasn't part of those cows.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GrenadeLauncher

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Thats a straight up lie....and you should consider yourself the child.

It's Justin. Ignore him.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 chikenfriedrice

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Well if you browsed the "beta is not in 1080P" thread you would see many cows claiming that the final version will not be 1080P.

They shoot for parity which doesn't say much,holding back the PS4 isn't the same as parity,which they have stated time and time again,the goal was an equal experience.

By the way i wasn't part of those cows.

I'm glad you weren't....but seems like cows will come up with an excuse no matter what. When it wasn't 1080P the X1 was weak....when the beta was released at 900P after Bungie said the final product will be 1080P, cows claimed Bungie is lying and the final game will be 900P....now that its 1080P and confirmed by Bungie themselves, cows claim the game is ugly and or they held back the PS4 version for parity.

Must be exhausting for them.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GrenadeLauncher

Chikenfriedrice's spin in here is nearly as good as his spin in the NPD thread.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

This means nothing unless it's confirmed that all other settings are equal.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dropping facts is spinning?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Antwan3K

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Antwan3K said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Might want to read up, son. Destiny performed similarly on the PS3 to the PS4. No wonder it's 1080p on the Bone. Outlast was too. "Once," I'm sure. And if they still have weaker framerates and less graphical effects than the PS4? What then?

We already know the ESRAM won't do much. Considering the recent string of releases, bringing the Xbone to paper specs didn't do much either. Again, it's just lemmings clinging to their rapidly depleting straws.

No need to try and excuse your lemming behaviour, friend. I've owned multiple consoles too, and the Xbone is still a turd. :)

So again you're essentially saying:

"b bu but, teh only reason the xbone can do 1080p is because the game is cross-gen!!1!"

gotcha.. just like previously it was:

"all xbone games will be 720p this gen!! lolz".. after which, no more 720p games were announced for the Xbox One.. which lead us to:

"all xbone games will be 900p this gen lolz!!".. after which, more and more 1080p games are being announced for the Xbox One.. which leads back to your current excuse of cross-gen PS3 to PS4 performance being the only reason for 1080p..

Don't hurt your back moving those goal posts my friend.. we still have 6~ more years with these consoles.. and ironically, as more and more future Xbox One titles are being announced at the same resolution and framerate as the PS4 versions, fanboys like you are the ones clinging to rapidly depleting straws..

And fyi, call me anything you want.. doesn't change the fact that you're the fanboy and I'm the fan.. :)

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GrenadeLauncher

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dropped more turds than facts, to be honest.

@Antwan3K said:

"b bu but, teh only reason the xbone can do 1080p is because the game is cross-gen!!1!"

"all xbone games will be 720p this gen!! lolz".. after which, no more 720p games were announced for the Xbox One.. which lead us to:

"all xbone games will be 900p this gen lolz!!".. after which, more and more 1080p games are being announced for the Xbox One.. which leads back to your current excuse of cross-gen PS3 to PS4 performance being the only reason for 1080p..

Don't hurt your back moving those goal posts my friend.. we still have 6~ more years with these consoles.. and ironically, as more and more future Xbox One titles are being announced at the same resolution and framerate as the PS4 versions, fanboys like you are the ones clinging to rapidly depleting straws..

And fyi, call me anything you want.. doesn't change the fact that you're the fanboy and I'm the fan.. :)

lmao wind your neck in. I always knew the Xbone could do 1080p. It requires deeper graphical cutbacks on the Xbone though, unless you're talking about cross-gen games, especially ones looking at near-parity on all consoles...like Destiny. Whoops! Same resolution and framerate and yet still manages to perform worse on the Bone, even on a newer SDK, like Sniper Elite 3. Whoops!

Six? Less than that, I hope. Last gen was too bloody long. Who knows, by then da powwa of da clowd might actually be relevant. Xbox Done.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 chikenfriedrice

@GrenadeLauncher: That's why you can't refute anything I have said because some cows have a hard time discerning between turds and facts

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GrenadeLauncher

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher: That's why you can't refute anything I have said because some cows have a hard time discerning between turds and facts

Seems like it's your whining over what some other dudes said in some other thread.

Enjoy your cross-gen, won't be long before you'll be taking those Ls again.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 chikenfriedrice

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Seems like it's your whining over what some other dudes said in some other thread.

Enjoy your cross-gen, won't be long before you'll be taking those Ls again.

Glad you admitted defeat...better luck next time

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GrenadeLauncher

@chikenfriedrice said:

Glad you admitted defeat...better luck next time

More of that classic lem delusion.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Antwan3K

@GrenadeLauncher: and thanks for posting that link about eSRAM.. quoted from the link:

"How exactly do we accommodate for Microsoftā€™s eSRAM? The problem is we donā€™t know a lot about eSRAM http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-ultimate-gpu-benchmark/#ixzz38DncmHlv"

Which is exactly what I was saying.. there's still a lot to be figured out about eSRAM from both analysts and developers.. is it some sort of earth shattering secret sauce?.. of course not.. but it is a key piece of the Xbox One architecture that developers are still not comfortable with.. and obviously as they become more comfortable with a console's hardware (the PS3's Cell processor comes to mind), the more they will get out of it.. which simply means: the Xbox One still has room to improve.. room to improve from developer's mastering eSRAM.. room to improve from the future implementation of DirectX12.. and room to improve from cloud processing as Phil Spencer alluded to and what was demonstrated at BUILD with the cloud processing demo that was revealed to be early Crackdown code..

Will the Xbox One ever be as powerful as the PS4?.. no.. but the differences won't be as massive as Sony fanboys want to believe..

The Xbox One has a number of 1080p multiplats coming out (Destiny, The Crew, Alien: Isolation, and more) that will also be 1080p on PS4 and running at the same framerate as the PS4 version.. and this is before these potential improvements discussed above.. like I said, don't hurt your back on those goal posts.. we still have a long way to go..

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

That's great.. but I think all the "resolution" talk was quailed after the beta releases.

..when gamers found out the game wasn't exactly a Graphical juggernaut.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@Antwan3K said:

there's still a lot to be figured out about eSRAM from both analysts and developers.. is it some sort of earth shattering secret sauce?.. of course not.. but it is a key piece of the Xbox One architecture that developers are still not comfortable with..

Keep at it. The ESRAM isn't going to do much of anything, and by the time it does the ICE Team improvements on the PS4 will make it irrelevant. But yeah, keep clinging to that straw and repeating that marketing mantra. Da clawd!

Will the Xbox One ever be as powerful as the PS4?.. no.. but the differences won't be as massive as Sony fanboys want to believe..

That 50% difference has and will continue to make lemmings cry.

The Xbox One has a number of 1080p multiplats coming out (Destiny, The Crew, Alien: Isolation, and more) that will also be 1080p on PS4 and running at the same framerate as the PS4 version..

Yes, like I've already stated. They'll also be cross-gen in some cases and in all perform worse on the Xbone despite your paper parity. As usual.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Antwan3K

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dropped more turds than facts, to be honest.

@Antwan3K said:

lmao wind your neck in. I always knew the Xbone could do 1080p. It requires deeper graphical cutbacks on the Xbone though, unless you're talking about cross-gen games, especially ones looking at near-parity on all consoles...like Destiny. Whoops! Same resolution and framerate and yet still manages to perform worse on the Bone, even on a newer SDK, like Sniper Elite 3. Whoops!

Six? Less than that, I hope. Last gen was too bloody long. Who knows, by then da powwa of da clowd might actually be relevant. Xbox Done.

Destiny performs worse on Xbox One?.. do you mind posting a link?.. and lol, Sniper Elite 3?.. how about using Wolfenstein instead? It performed virtually the same on both the PS4 and Xbox One at 1080p/60fps.. no "deeper graphical cutbacks" required.. oh, I forgot, that's your next excuse.. that's the next goal line.. gotcha.. good luck with that..

As far as 6~ years, I agree.. I personally hope for maybe 4-5 years and then we get new consoles with full backwards compatibility.. backwards compatibility needs to come back as a standard feature in my opinion..

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@Antwan3K said:

Destiny performs worse on Xbox One?.. do you mind posting a link?.. and lol, Sniper Elite 3?.. how about using Wolfenstein instead? It performed virtually the same on both the PS4 and Xbox One at 1080p/60fps.. no "deeper graphical cutbacks" required.. oh, I forgot, that's your next excuse.. that's the next goal line.. gotcha.. good luck with that..

As far as 6~ years, I agree.. I personally hope for maybe 4-5 years and then we get new consoles with full backwards compatibility.. backwards compatibility needs to come back as a standard feature in my opinion..

Learn to read, what do you think the word "unless" means? I could use Wolfenstein but then you'd find out that it has dynamic resolution and that resolution drops more on the Xbone than the PS4 and that would make you very displeased. And yes, it was also cross-gen and had to work near-flawlessly on last-gen consoles too.

Hahahaha backwards compat is dead. They learned they can resell them instead. Enjoy Halo again. :)

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Antwan3K

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Antwan3K said:

there's still a lot to be figured out about eSRAM from both analysts and developers.. is it some sort of earth shattering secret sauce?.. of course not.. but it is a key piece of the Xbox One architecture that developers are still not comfortable with..

Keep at it. The ESRAM isn't going to do much of anything, and by the time it does the ICE Team improvements on the PS4 will make it irrelevant. But yeah, keep clinging to that straw and repeating that marketing mantra. Da clawd!

That 50% difference has and will continue to make lemmings cry.

The Xbox One has a number of 1080p multiplats coming out (Destiny, The Crew, Alien: Isolation, and more) that will also be 1080p on PS4 and running at the same framerate as the PS4 version..

Yes, like I've already stated. They'll also be cross-gen in some cases and in all perform worse on the Xbone despite your paper parity. As usual.

I'll refrain from addressing your previously regurgitated fanboy statements.. but I will address the "50% power difference".. the PS3 was said to be "50% more powerful" than the Xbox 360.. as an owner of both those console, that 50% difference ended up meaning:

* Multiplatform games that looked and performed virtually the same

* a few PS3 exclusives that looked moderately better than 360 exclusives

all indications point to this trend repeating itself for this generation as well.. but yea, keep clinging to that "50%" sir.. keep clinging..

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Meanwhile whomever bought it on PS4 is not stressing about whether or not it'll make it to 1080p at launch.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GrenadeLauncher

@Antwan3K said:

I'll refrain from addressing your previously regurgitated fanboy statements.. but I will address the "50% power difference".. the PS3 was said to be "50% more powerful" than the Xbox 360.. as an owner of both those console, that 50% difference ended up meaning:

* Multiplatform games that looked and performed virtually the same

* a few PS3 exclusives that looked moderately better than 360 exclusives

all indications point to this trend repeating itself for this generation as well.. but yea, keep clinging to that "50%" sir.. keep clinging..

Not really. It had a more powerful CPU but the GPU was jank, which meant needing to hive off SPUs from the CPU to compensate, which weakened the CPU. What's more, the CPU was a nightmare to program for. That's why multiplatforms were worse on the PS3 until around last year, something else you're wrong about.

No indications point to this trend happening again unless MS releases an attachment you can slot into something.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Congratulations on getting a cross-gen cross-plat up to 1080p. Cookies shall be handed out.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Since the original was locked due to lack of posts....here it is again.

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Edit: New article with statement from Bungie

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

What do you mean excuse , i dont get you .... Lems are the ones chasing PS4 on sales and performance . What do you mean excuse ?

X1 getting Destiny on 1080p , you really think Frames per Second or Graphical settings will be on par if that happens ? You really an 7790 can achieve what an 7850 can ? No it cant , period. And if they pushed Destiny to 1080p for X1 then it will lack something else ( either frames lag or graphical settings ) EXCEPT if they downgraded game in such degree to look and play the same on both consoles in purpose ( something that 95% of developers seems not be interested in ) which i dont want to believe.