Design your dream next-gen console!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

melante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 melante
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts

I guess by now we'd all have a pretty good idea of what are the strong and weak points of each system.

If you could choose how an ideally perfect next-gen system should be designed, which characteristics would you like to include to make everyone happy?

Personally, I would love to have a system with PS3's power, Wii's ease of use and controls (plus price!) and XBOX360's XBLA capabilities and offers (including a very easy to use and inexpensive development solution like XNA to make my own little games). Wouldn't this be great? What do you think?

bye!

Melante

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I think this game'd be more fun if we tried to stay realistic. You can't have all of those and the Wii's price at thesame time :\
Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts

I made this awhile back.  Just an idea.
danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
i want it to have an ANY KEY....seriously
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

basicly the opposite of the wii

good graphics

no dumb controller

olnline

good games

and so on

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts

good graphics

no dumb controller

olnline

good games

and so on

tree-branch

I agree olnline would rock.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eponique
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

good graphics

no dumb controller

olnline

good games

and so on

Svarthek

I agree olnline would rock.

Agreed.

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts

how about the power of the 360 relative to its release (making it the most powerful machine for a solid year, and still the most powerful console of the generation), 360s online, and comes with a 360 style controller with a wii-style controller as well. then a library of 360 style games and nintendo style games.

Darklayk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darklayk
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
how about this?
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

-Dual Cell Processors

-Adequate ventilation

-1080p

-XBox 360 style controller

-NO motion sensing whatsoever

-Removable 120GB hard drive standard

-Fairly compact and sleek

- $100 :D

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

MY console would be better than all of yours. No exceptions.

I would have Jesus Christ make it for me.

I can'teven describe what it would look like because it's in 5 dimensions, which will be so advanced that you cannot comprehend it. I can't even comprehend viewing something in the 5th dimension. So the console will be invisible and/or intangible. The only way to turn it on and off is through voice command, and it would have to be spoken in Ancient Greek or Latin. lawl.

The graphics would be so realistic, you'd feel like a murderer if you killed a human-like character in game. You would even be able to see the light go out in their eyes.

In fact, if you are playing a videogame involving war, you'd be sent to trial for the murder of a virtual civilian. And the failure of a mission would result in dire punishment from the Government.

Also, any damage your character sustains will remain on your body in real life, as a message not to make the same mistake again.

My console would make the X360 seem like an NES, a PS3 seem like a Sega Genesis, and the Wii seem like the original gameboy (Yes, the one with FOUR BATTERIES! MUAHAHAHAHA!).

Also, it could also do any task for you, which includes, but is not limited to: Doing your homework, paying bills, any sort of paperwork at all, defend your house against intruders, make you meals, walk the dog, take out the trash, watch over the kids, etc.

[Just a bunch of humorous, unrealistic crap that I thought of just as I was typing. Making stuff up as I go along, original or not.]

XD

Release date = 1 year before the Apocolypse.

Title of console is pending, but it's code name is "Revelation"

XD

EDIT: Yeah, my "idea" really isn't next gen at all, it's gonna be WAAAY beyond "Next Gen".

So with that in mind, you can skip my entire post. :D

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

It already exists:

Antec 900 8)

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

good graphics

no dumb controller

olnline

good games

and so on

tree-branch

Wii has most of those things anyway.

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funnymario

I can'teven describe what it would look like because it's in 5 dimensions, which will be so advanced that you cannot comprehend it. I can't even comprehend viewing something in the 5th dimension. So the console will be invisible and/or intangible. The only way to turn it on and off is through voice command, and it would have to be spoken in Ancient Greek or Latin. lawl.

The graphics would be so realistic, you'd feel like a murderer if you killed a human-like character in game. You would even be able to see the light go out in their eyes.

In fact, if you are playing a videogame involving war, you'd be sent to trial for the murder of a virtual civilian. And the failure of a mission would result in dire punishment from the Government.

Also, any damage your character sustains will remain on your body in real life, as a message not to make the same mistake again.

My console would make the X360 seem like an NES, a PS3 seem like a Sega Genesis, and the Wii seem like the original gameboy (Yes, the one with FOUR BATTERIES! MUAHAHAHAHA!).

Also, it could also do any task for you, which includes, but is not limited to: Doing your homework, paying bills, any sort of paperwork at all, defend your house against intruders, make you meals, walk the dog, take out the trash, watch over the kids, etc.

[Just a bunch of humorous, unrealistic crap that I thought of just as I was typing. Making stuff up as I go along, original or not.]

XD

XD

Shad0ki11

So the name would naturally be Quii.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

XD

XD

funnymario

Why Quii?

And why must it rhyme with Wii?

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

My dream console is compatable with everylast gen andcurrent gen game,is compatable with every controller avaliable, is silent when runs, and has the most varied and quality library of games. I call it the 'manticore'.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

My dream console? Well then...

Quad Core Processor with 8 MB of L2 cache.

2 GB's of RAM. (4 GB would be nice... But doubt it will happen)

Top of the line GPU (like they always have at first).

Support for all games to use a Keyboard and Mouse.

Stream lined OS that isn't bloated like PS3's. (wishfully thinking)

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

I'm just going to list a few things: XFX 8800 Ultra...or if an 8900 version is made, Intel Q6800 Quad Core, Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066, XBL, free internet, Bluray and HD-DVD player, Wireless+Rumble+motion sensing controllers...stuff like that. Basically, a computer on steroids in console form.

Edit: Can play every game on a disk that has ever been made. PS, Xbox, PC, you name it.

Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts
A console that can play Halo 3 in vitural reality!! + many other games
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funnymario
[QUOTE="funnymario"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

XD

XD

Shad0ki11

Why Quii?

Codename Revelation. Codename Revolution. Both cool codenames. So naturally, the real name must be a total let down and make no sense :)

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shad0ki11

Here's another design!

I'll have this console that's just a little more powerful than a standard gamecube. And then, let's see....Oh yeah! It could have "motion sensing" controls. Oh man! My idea is going to kick ass! The controller will be in the shape of a tv remote and will have this seperate attachment for the analog control stick, along with the C and Z triggers. You'd have to put some sort of motion detector on the TV, and--and--and then you could, like, wave the remote around and you could control what goes on screen! And just for fun, the remote could have a "built-in speaker" and rumble. You would be able to stand the console upright or on it's side. Here's a cool thought: Maybe we could add in full Backwards compatibility with the gamecube. In turn though, you won't be able to play and sort of DVDs. The console will also be able to connect to the internet for downloads, but not for multiplayer. And just for fun, we'll add these "avatars" that you can customize to make them look like yourself.

ZOMG!

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="funnymario"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

XD

XD

funnymario

Why Quii?

Codename Revelation. Codename Revolution. Both cool codenames. So naturally, the real name must be a total let down and make no sense :)

In that case, how about "Vici"? The word is foreign and odd, but it's quite awesome.

Mil-m5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mil-m5
Member since 2005 • 3354 Posts

My dream next-gen console would be virtual. For hardware, you'd only need a unit for display output and controller hub. All the proccesing would be done at a central location and the game would be streamed to you.User interface like Home but completely photoreal. Massive MMOs and lots of freedom for user created content. You can buy or rent any game ever made on the company's system with a few clicks.

I think the tech to do that will be there in a few years and most of it is already here.

edit:massive MMOs lol

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

basically an Xbox360

with:

the old style D-pad from the S-controller (it worked perfect so Y has the new 1 not v gud)

a silent DVD drive

a silent fan

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Codename "Manticore" ;):P:

-as/more powerful as the most powerful PC at the time

-Wii-mote like controller/standard controller packed in box...this gives the developer a choice

-X-Box Live quality online, it's free

-Blu-Ray

-the ability to mod games

-500GB HD standard (it's next gen, so I really made this one high)

-sleek design with adequate cooling, no overheating if possible

-extremely reliable

-easy to develop for

-cheap as can be, between $299-$399, comes packed with a Wii Sports like game that supports motion sensing and standard

-awesome first party/second party titles and great third party support

serpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 serpx
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
SEGA Genesis II. Dual blast-speed processing.
kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts

Let's see

PC's graphics

PS3 blu ray and multimedia functions

360 online but free

Wii controller/Sixaxis(to give developers choices)

only $299.99-$399.99

that about covers it.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eponique
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

good graphics

no dumb controller

olnline

good games

and so on

Optusnet

Wii has most of those things anyway.

It has all of them really. Except this "olnline" he speaks of.

elmoXPXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elmoXPXP
Member since 2003 • 1493 Posts
It would be a 1080p machine entirely for 2-d graphics. With Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix and SNK involved. It would have wood-grain effect on the case, and have some kind of new cartridge-based format. It would not do anyting but play games, and would be controlled with 8 button arcade style joysticks. Online too.