Describe your ideal new Nintendo IP

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

So even though Nintendo is working on multiple new IPs, I'm sure there's someone who wants them to produce something in house with all the financial and marketing backing that a Mario or Zelda game gets.

That's a fair request! The only question then would be, what would your ideal new Nintendo IP be?

As for me, my answer's a bit of a cheat, but meh, I'll live (I was also convinced of it after seeing this hypothetical new IP discussed on GAF): Nintendo Kart.

Essentially, it's a kart racer, but it's no longer limited to Mario. It stretches across all Nintendo universes. All franchises. Over thirty years of Nintendo history and some of the most well known brands in gaming, all squaring off against each other in a no holds barred kart racer.

The sheer imagination and freshness this would bring to the racing, mechanics, items, and course designs would be breathtaking. And I would buy it day one.

What about you? What's your ideal new Nintendo IP?

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

They already got it for me: Xenoblade

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46000 Posts

That's a hard question.

When I think of new nintendo IP, that they've made in the past, like SSB or Pikmin it's something very creative and something they haven't done before.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats easy... 2-4 player co-dependent local co-op.

Thats it.... Thats all.

Crap like Genre, franchise, story, characters, graphics, etc really doesn't matter. Note the I don't think there actually is a Nintendo game thats Co-op is Co-dependent. Infact theres very few co-dependent co-op games out there on any platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Thats easy... 2-4 player co-dependent local co-op.

Thats it.... Thats all.

Crap like Genre, franchise, story, characters, graphics, etc really doesn't matter. Note the I don't think there actually is a Nintendo game thats Co-op is Co-dependent. Infact theres very few co-dependent co-op games out there on any platform.

But those already exist. New Super Mario Bros., specifically, is exactly what you want.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@ charizard1605

Really ? Can't you play those by yourself ?

I want like Portal 2 levels of co-dependency. A game that literaly can't be finished without a partner. But when I do get a Wii U I was gona get that anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ charizard1605

Really ? Can't you play those by yourself ?

I want like Portal 2 levels of co-dependency. A game that literaly can't be finished without a partner. But when I do get a Wii U I was gona get that anyway.

Portal 2 also has a single player mode, you know ;)

New Super Mario Bros. can in fact be finished all by yourself. At the same time, it is heavily built around 2-4 player local co-op, and is a blast with friends.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I want a really deep story driven fps or tps with a unique and interesting setting. I would love that as a new Nintendo IP.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Third person beat-em-up starring Captain Falcon, in the style of God Hand

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ charizard1605

I pretty much knew that already and can't wait to give it try. For me one of the hilights of Portal 2 was the little things like handing a weight storage cube to my partner. To the more trust building task of guiding my partner through a maze loaded with traps and hazards using only an Excursion Funnel. This damn game is more therapeutic than a lovers' retreat.

This is something that really ticks me off about The Last Of Us and the upcoming The Order. The game clearly revolves around team work and theres many things you just can't do on your own. And yet its totally single player with unhelpfull AI. Not cool. Hence why My 8th Gen console will be The Wii U, unless Xbox One can really make more adventuress strides with the Xbox One's Kinect this time. If not, its Plumber Time !

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#12 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

How about a fighting game? I mean a normal fighting game, akin to games like Tekken and Mortal Kombat. I would recommend creating original characters and not using already existing characters for it as well, as to not distract from their other fighting franchise, Super Smash Brothers. If you do use Nintendo characters, then doing a Nintendo vs. whatever (I think Capcom would be most people's first choice, but I feel like Mortal Kombat would be cooler because of how odd it would be. I mean, can you imagine Mario doing a fatality?). I think Nintendo could make a really good (normal) fighting game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Demonjoe93 said:

How about a fighting game? I mean a normal fighting game, akin to games like Tekken and Mortal Kombat. I would recommend creating original characters and not using already existing characters for it as well, as to not distract from their other fighting franchise, Super Smash Brothers. If you do use Nintendo characters, then doing a Nintendo vs. whatever (I think Capcom would be most people's first choice, but I feel like Mortal Kombat would be cooler because of how odd it would be. I mean, can you imagine Mario doing a fatality?). I think Nintendo could make a really good (normal) fighting game.

... why?

Especially since I would assume Nintendo would create a new IP to fill some sort of gaping hole in the lineup on its systemsm and Nintendo systems have never wanted for fighters outside of the N64.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

New IP?... I have no clue but I hope they make a new Metroid Prime game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@ Demonjoe93

I think Nintendo vs. Tecmo would be miles better. Just picture all your favourite Nintendo Characters getting their asses handed to them by the gravity defying boobed femme fatals of Dead or Alive. :D

just picture our life long childhood memories of our heroes getting violated by the boob simulator. I'd pay top dollar just to See Tina beat the living crap out of Luigi or Vice versa.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#16 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

... why?

Especially since I would assume Nintendo would create a new IP to fill some sort of gaping hole in the lineup on its systemsm and Nintendo systems have never wanted for fighters outside of the N64.

Why a standard one-on-one fighting game? I just like fighting games and am curious to see how good of one they could make. My second choice would be a story-driven TPS like what @_Matt_ said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

HNNNGH

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 44946 Posts

probably a new platformer just to annoy you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

probably a new platformer just to annoy you

Super Yarn Bros. DX

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Dark Souls X Smash Bros.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@charizard1605 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

HNNNGH

Erm... What does the trilogy pack have to do with a new metroid prime game for the Wii U?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Mario Paintball FPS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

HNNNGH

Erm... What does the trilogy pack have to do with a new metroid prime game for the Wii U?

Nothing, I'm just pointing out how great the Prime games are.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@charizard1605 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Loading Video...

HNNNGH

Nothing, I'm just pointing out how great the Prime games are.

That better be all you were saying...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Retro-made, 2.5D Metroidvania/Castleroid action-adventure.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@charizard1605:

a third person shooter featuring mario would be pretty epic, give it the noir treatment like max payne and then have mario narrative the whole depressing story. princess dies at the start and luigi claims to know who killed her so him and mario team up to hunt down...samus. turns out princess was a double agent working for bowser who would set traps to try and kill mario but the annoying little fucker just wouldnt die. princess started to fall in love with mario and was going to tell him the truth so bowser hired samus to have her killed before she could. through out the game mario and luigi fight their way to the galaxy bowser is located in and then at last they finally reach the castle.

mario and luigi enter the castle expecting lots of enemies but to their surprise they only find bowser. mario approaches bowser with a ak-47 in his hand when...he is stabbed in the back by... luigi. bowser knew off luigis love for princess so told him the princess loves mario and not him. bowser and luigi plot mario death, their plan had worked and they had finally killed mario. as he lay their dying he catches a glimpse of princess....turns out she is alive and has seen the whole thing dun dun dun

the sequel would be epic!! ps. u better read the whole damn thing took me 10min to write it!!!!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Something involving Metroid. Probably their best IP and the one they neglect the most.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

game that feels and plays like one of those classic Rare titles.

You know what I'm talking about, Conker, Banjo, Donkey Kong 64.

We haven't had a good sandbox Collectathon in a long time, It's high time someone brings back those games and it doesn't have the name Lego on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605:

a third person shooter featuring mario would be pretty epic, give it the noir treatment like max payne and then have mario narrative the whole depressing story. princess dies at the start and luigi claims to know who killed her so him and mario team up to hunt down...samus. turns out princess was a double agent working for bowser who would set traps to try and kill mario but the annoying little fucker just wouldnt die. princess started to fall in love with mario and was going to tell him the truth so bowser hired samus to have her killed before she could. through out the game mario and luigi fight their way to the galaxy bowser is located in and then at last they finally reach the castle.

mario and luigi enter the castle expecting lots of enemies but to their surprise they only find bowser. mario approaches bowser with a ak-47 in his hand when...he is stabbed in the back by... luigi. bowser knew off luigis love for princess so told him the princess loves mario and not him. bowser and luigi plot mario death, their plan had worked and they had finally killed mario. as he lay their dying he catches a glimpse of princess....turns out she is alive and has seen the whole thing dun dun dun

the sequel would be epic!! ps. u better read the whole damn thing took me 10min to write it!!!!

So... a Metroid/Mario crossover?

P.S: I did read the full thing o_O

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Kirby's Dream Course 2 with 4 player online multiplayer and voice chat.

That would be the best nintendo sequel since Metroid Prime.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

I want a really dark, gritty, mature shooter with a bald space marine protagonist and a story of revenge. The environments could look massive, but just keep the gameplay locked to a hallway full of repetitive encounters and scripted sequences. Ya know, something original.

@foxhound_fox said:

Retro-made, 2.5D Metroidvania/Castleroid action-adventure.

But honestly, I'd be happy with that.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LegatoSkyheart

@nini200 said:

That's not a new IP.

A New IP would be Kirby's Dream Course, except replace Kirby and Kirby Enemies and Stages with Cats. Lots of a Cats, and Flower people and moles, Carrots as power ups and giant Armadillo as the main badguy except this is a party game so he's not exactly a bad guy.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605:

So... a Metroid/Mario crossover?

P.S: I did read the full thing o_O

basically..yes haha the sequel would be a tale luigis redemption

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nini200 said:

That's not a new IP.

A New IP would be Kirby's Dream Course, except replace Kirby and Kirby Enemies and Stages with Cats. Lots of a Cats, and Flower people and moles, Carrots as power ups and giant Armadillo as the main badguy except this is a party game so he's not exactly a bad guy.

Well looks like your Armadillo idea was already somewhat made by Nintendo there ;)

Oh and here's the cat

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

a new IP? nothing comes to mind but Nintendo has tons of franchise they haven't done anything with in eons. I would LOVE a new Wave Race game. The original was so much fun, pulling off tricks and stuff.

Keep the same format as before maybe add a trick/style type mode unlock new tricks and a decent online = Win

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@nini200 said:

Well looks like your Armadillo idea was already somewhat made by Nintendo there ;)

Oh and here's the cat

but Dillion's not a bad guy man. Cat vs Armadillo dude come on.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

A city builder would be nice. Maybe an RTS. Nintendo really should do something that utilizes their controller to its full extent.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nini200

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nini200 said:

Oh and here's the cat

but Dillion's not a bad guy man. Cat vs Armadillo dude come on.

Ok I'll give you the Cat vs Armadillo battle. That would be pretty awesome but Dillon is an Armadillo nontheless, do you deny this? O.o

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not shit

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

A pokemon MMORPG on console. Don't know why they haven't yet made it. Guaranteed to sell.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

lol nintendo? New Ip? What dimension is this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

Just counting big console IPs they have funded in the last ten years, they did have Eternal Darkness, Geist, Wii, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Endless Ocean, Nintendo Land, The Wonderful 101, and X. Nintendo does a lot of new IPs, they need to give them more of a push though =)

@DocSanchez said:

A pokemon MMORPG on console. Don't know why they haven't yet made it. Guaranteed to sell.

Not exactly a new IP, and because that would

a) Mean the end of the non MMORPG Pokemon games on handhelds, and as a result

b) Sabotage their handheld business entirely

@PurpleMan5000 said:

A city builder would be nice. Maybe an RTS. Nintendo really should do something that utilizes their controller to its full extent.

Something like Pikmin?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Super Mario Noir, a game where Mario and Luigi play detective in an classic 40s/50s urban setting, let the game have characters that span multiple multiple Nintendo universes. The ladies like Peach and Zelda and others stuff can play the femme fatales. Make it a mystery story adventure.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Just counting big console IPs they have funded in the last ten years, they did have Eternal Darkness, Geist, Wii, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Endless Ocean, Nintendo Land, The Wonderful 101, and X. Nintendo does a lot of new IPs, they need to give them more of a push though =)

@DocSanchez said:

Not exactly a new IP, and because that would

a) Mean the end of the non MMORPG Pokemon games on handhelds, and as a result

b) Sabotage their handheld business entirely

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Something like Pikmin?

Fair enough, they have created a decent IP in their time. X will be a pretty solid new IP

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

One word: Ambition.

They need to stop with the endless 2D platformers, half baked spinoffs, last gen ports and mini games as full price games, or at least cut them down.

They need to make more big vibrant worlds to explore. Isn't it criminal that Ocarina of Time on N64 is a bigger and more fully featured world than the vast majority of what they've created since? That 3D Mario is now as linear and on rails as 2D Mario? That arguably their best studio, Retro, since their incredible Metroid Prime Trilogy have been stuck making yet more cuddly mascot platformers that half a dozen or more Ninty studios already do?

Please understand ( :P ) that I am generally not complaining about the quality of these games, for the most part they are good, great or even amazing. But in terms of design there's just too many of them that feel like SNES sidescrollers or Wii wagglers, and not enough ambitious "next gen" awe inspiring freedom, exploration, or detailed worlds.

I would want a new Nintendo 3D platformer, action adventure or RPG game on par with Bioware/Bethesda/CD Projects Red/From Software's RPGs, or Ubisoft/Rockstars open world games. I want to be wowed and blown away like the first time I set foot in the huge (for the time) Hyrule Field. I want to feel a sense of scale and freedom and awe as I explore a huge, detailed 3D gane world. Games like Skryim, Dark Souls, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed IV, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto 5, and (I'm hoping) the upcoming Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, etc do that for me. I would want a new Nintendo IP to do the same.

Is X that game? I sure hope so. Ditto for Zelda U.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Something like Pikmin?

Well, if it's going to be like Pikmin, then they should just make it another Pikmin game. I would like to see something unlike anything else they have ever done. What I would really like is a game where I can build cities, sort of like in Dawn of Discovery or Anno 2070, only more of a focus would be placed on defense. It would be really cool to be able to start with a city, grow it into a region, and eventually create a kingdom/empire. They could make it revolve around online play. Basically, to grow you would have to invade other players' games and take their holdings, and your game could be invaded at any time, so you would need to build fast and always keep your forts garrisoned, etc. If you win a defensive battle, you could convert the captured soldiers into slave labor to build your city faster, maybe. I don't know. I just play games, I don't make them.

It just seems like the Wii U tablet is made for a game like that because you would be able to switch between city views and region views on the tablet, quickly move forces between cities with the stylus controls, and you would have the television to watch the massive battles/admire your cities. It's very frustrating to me that Nintendo has basically created a perfect controller for finally getting some really cool, complex games on consoles, yet they haven't made anything that couldn't be done without it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

The only thing i can think of is a full HD open world pokemon game that not only has story mode but ALSO an online section of it that work similar to an MMO where you go around battling people from all over the world ( exactly like White Knight Chronicles a game that has a full story mode and a full MMO style online mode on the same disk ).

but knowing the idiotic Nintendo something like that will never happen, just hearing the name Nintendo pisses me off big time they are all lazy as f**k and dont invest the money on anything worthwhile except bs like "oh hey we innovate so we make something different in our controllers!" gtfo.. they know pokemon is famous and yet they keep them on their stupid looking/weak handhelds.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

3 words:

Cranky Kong Country

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

At this point, anything that isn't 2D

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I don't know really. Something as big as Xenoblade.

@StrongBlackVine said:

Something involving Metroid. Probably their best IP and the one they neglect the most.

The one they neglect the most?! lol