Demons Souls should be game of the year! No doubt about it!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timberwolf5578
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

Demons Souls is the best action RPG I have played in years, maybe the best ever. The game is unbelievably awesome!!

Here is a video of the game: http://www.giantbomb.com/demons-souls/61-24057/demons-souls-hands-on-preview-g4tvcom/35-250147/

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

When is it out.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
And all the haters were doubting this game when gameplay was first shown. I guess that video made them all think twice now. Looks superb.
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

yeah i agree IMO its the best game this year for sure,, played and got hooked and spent 100+ hrs in it..

Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Timberwolf5578

It's already out. Here's a website that explains more: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
GOTY should be Borderlands but this looks great aswell
Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Timberwolf5578

bump.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

It is my favorite game of the year thus far....with ease. I just beat it for the second time last night with a new profile and it was MUCH easier than my first run through with the first profile I created. I think the first time through this game is more like a trial run and the second run through wih a new profile is where you see the fruits of laboring through the first time. Because you notice how much you have improved and you have a better sense of what areas to focus on leveling up according to your particular style of play. Not to mention you have a layout for levels, enemies and a better sense of how to manipulate black/white, world/character tendencies.

I have yet to complete a new game +, but that is going to be my focus now with my second profile I have started. As my character is much more rounded, I have better weapons, ect and I cleared the game in half the time of my first run through. That being said, I have to agree, the game simply never gets old. It is without question my game of the year thus far. Not sure if Dragon Age will usurp that slot or not, but it very well may. I will just have to wait and see.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I am worried about the difficulty. I have a low threashold for frustration. As much as i like the look of the game, i probably wont play it, if it is too hard.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Is it getting a European release?

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#11 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="Timberwolf5578"]

Demons Souls is the best action RPG I have played in years, maybe the best ever. The game is unbelievably awesome!!

Here is a video of the game: http://www.giantbomb.com/demons-souls/61-24057/demons-souls-hands-on-preview-g4tvcom/35-250147/

Here's hoping for a port later down the line :D
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

dommeus
No, right now it's not confirmed for an EU release.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Floppy_Jim

Pity. Probably would've picked it up once I get a PS3. First Blazblue and now this. Europeans get shafted once again!
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="dommeus"]

dommeus

Pity. Probably would've picked it up once I get a PS3. First Blazblue and now this. Europeans get shafted once again!

You could always import it.
Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Agree TC ............ The first time I see Demon souls gameplay video via youtube I thought It`s just another boring RPG by Japan dev ............ Now I have spend 120 hours on this game. Truely addictive yet frustrating. Those WRPG fan without PS3 really missing on this one ............
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I cant stop laughing whenever I remember that few months ago people were putting this game in the same category as Nnja blade and saying it will flop anyway DS is asily the best RPG released in 2009 I spent over 180 hours playing it at level 240 now but I stopped playing the game after beating it 5 times.

Cookigaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cookigaki
Member since 2009 • 690 Posts
Goty? nah...Cookigaki agree it's a great game though..Cookigaki will be floor if this game do not get an AAA from gamespot. The gameplay is deeper than most rpg thats out right now..Only thing Demons souls lack is a story.And to Cookgaki, story is the most important thing in an rpg...
Cookigaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cookigaki
Member since 2009 • 690 Posts

I cant stop laughing whenever I remember that few months ago people were putting this game in the same category as Nnja blade and saying it will flop anyway DS is asily the best RPG released in 2009 I spent over 180 hours playing it at level 240 now but I stopped playing the game after beating it 5 times.

Kashiwaba
From software games sucks, but in Cookigaki unbiased opinion Demons Souls is possible their best game. Cookigaki hopes to see more of Demons Souls in the near future.
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

I am really looking forward to this game but no way will it get game of the year. I don't even expect it to review that well. It will be like Folklore and Mirror's Edge in that they both have metacritic averages of less then 80 and yet have a strong group of supporters.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Atlus Games get no respect so it won't win game of the year. Sorry :(

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

i'm wary...it looks cool, but pretty difficult.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
wow, the game actually looks pretty good. I thought this game was getting panned from critics months ago......was it because it had a western RPG look?
Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

The game's difficulty is not cheap at all. You will only die from your own mistakes, which makes beating a boss that much more rewarding.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Not gonna be GOTY. Not gonna get AAA either on GS. I'm not basing the game, because I'm getting it ASAP once it hits NA, and the 2 people I know with import versions still talk up this game months after they got it. It just isn't the kind of game that scores well here, so stop setting yourselves up for a fall. It's almost funny that a niche title that is only coming to the U.S. because of fantastic word of mouth reviews and high import rates is gonna end up being considered a flop because it doesn't score AAA or outsell Dragon Age.

I expect a 7 from GS, and about 300 hours of pure fun from the game! :D

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

This game won't score AAA n GS but if you're able to transcend the state of rage this game will force you into, it just might be you're personal GOTY.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
No European release? Aw :( Oh, well. Probably going to import it then. *waits for Bioshockownz post*
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
Goty? nah...Cookigaki agree it's a great game though..Cookigaki will be floor if this game do not get an AAA from gamespot. The gameplay is deeper than most rpg thats out right now..Only thing Demons souls lack is a story.And to Cookgaki, story is the most important thing in an rpg...Cookigaki
probably right on the story front but in a way i think it suits the game. in DS your toon is nothing special your just another soul trying to make a difference in a grim world i think it adds to the atmosphere of the game.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

the game looks great. Still its annoying the fact every time theres a thread about graphics king or GOTY it has to be a PS3 exclusive :?

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

No European release? Aw :( Oh, well. Probably going to import it then. *waits for Bioshockownz post*aaronmullan

I got it for the equivalent of 67 USD from Yesasia. Shipping was free so while I had to wait a month for it to get to Denmark it was still cheaper than the 80-100 USD equivalent all new games cost here :)

Get the Asian version, it's worth it.

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AGMing

I am really looking forward to this game but no way will it get game of the year. I don't even expect it to review that well. It will be like Folklore and Mirror's Edge in that they both have metacritic averages of less then 80 and yet have a strong group of supporters.

AppleBlade
i disagree i think the fact that the game is available fully translated and voiced in english has helped hype the game to a point that its a game people want to try just to see how difficult and good it actually is.
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AGMing

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]No European release? Aw :( Oh, well. Probably going to import it then. *waits for Bioshockownz post*Filthybastrd

I got it for the equivalent of 67 USD from Yesasia. Shipping was free so while I had to wait a month for it to get to Denmark it was still cheaper than the 80-100 USD equivalent all new games cost here :)

another good option is ebay i got my copy for £37 with free shipping to the UK there are quite a few good stores on there for importing.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]No European release? Aw :( Oh, well. Probably going to import it then. *waits for Bioshockownz post*AGMing

another good option is ebay i got my copy for £37 with free shipping to the UK there are quite a few good stores on there for importing.

I'll wait a little while first :) It may get a European release, especially if it does good in the US.
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="dommeus"]

dommeus

Im aussie and in same boat, I happily imported blazblue and will import the US demons souls if we dont get a local release, no excuse though we shouldnt have to :(

roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

best thing is online. you can do 3 players coop, you can force yourself into another player's world and steal their souls, and every actino you make changes your world tendency. and the best thing is, you can play online as a Demon boss. and beat the crap out of 3 players hahahaa. :D

it's soo fun. you guys should import it now or just buy the game this fall. XD

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

I personally think it should get game of the year as well. Best action-rpg since Diablo 2 that's for sure. Do I think it will get GOTY? nope. but it does deserve it IMO.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

Not gonna be GOTY. Not gonna get AAA either on GS. I'm not basing the game, because I'm getting it ASAP once it hits NA, and the 2 people I know with import versions still talk up this game months after they got it. It just isn't the kind of game that scores well here, so stop setting yourselves up for a fall. It's almost funny that a niche title that is only coming to the U.S. because of fantastic word of mouth reviews and high import rates is gonna end up being considered a flop because it doesn't score AAA or outsell Dragon Age.

I expect a 7 from GS, and about 300 hours of pure fun from the game! :D

santoron

a 7?...lol. rite now critic score is 8.9. and thers a website that gave it a 10. from GS its going to get 8.5-9

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
This has easily been one of my favorite games this year. I'm really glad I imported it. I've beaten it two times now and am going to start building a third character soon.
Timberwolf5578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Timberwolf5578

Diablo 2 was my favorite game of all time until I played Demons Souls. Demons Souls is even better!!

Yes, the game is THAT good. Only thing is that it took me about 3 hours to get the hang of the game (because of the difficulty), but after that, the game became awesome!!

This game deserves a 10, nothing less. IMO, it's a AAAA game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Its such a great game i have beaten it 5 times and still play it

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
The games a solid 8 maybe 8.5 at best
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

The games a solid 8 maybe 8.5 at bestTheOwnerOner

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/954345-demons-souls/index.html
It's currently at 8.9 and it already has 9s and 10s

d2/WoW pvp doesn't even compare to how intense demon's souls pvp is.