Demon Souls PC version will happen

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Not going to happen, but that doesn't mean I can't hope... :P

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

This is not going to happen. I've explained this about 100 times to posters, yet here I see the same posters that I educated posting the same things! :(

I hope everyone reads this thread to stop the Demon's Souls questions! I will dig up some of my other posts to make this a bit easier, and to avoid a bunch of questions.

From Software is a 2nd Party Developer in the case of Demon's Souls, working for Sony. Sony Planned, Co-created, and owns the Demon's Souls IP and Game. :)

Sony doesn't From Software, however Sony worked with them to create Demon's Souls as a 1st Party Sony Game.

How can I explain this...Think EPIC (The Game company that made Unreal and GeoW.).

Epic is a Known 3rd Party, can make games, do whatever they want. M$ approached them and had them create GeoW 1&2 for the Xbox 360 Platform. M$ will own GeoW 1&2 when it's all said and done. M$ does NOT own EPIC.

In this case, EPIC, who are usually a 3rd Party, will now be a second Party developer, hired to create these two games for M$.

Whatever is created, M$ has conplete control over, and owns outright. Epic is payed and deals are made.

From Software is a known 3rd Party.

However, both SONY and M$ hired FS to make 1st Party games for both companies.

Sony even pitched in devs to help make their game.

The end result was that M$ received and owns Ninja Blade developed by FS. Sony received and owns Demon's Souls developed by FS and Sony.

Sony decided that DS wouldn't sell to western audiences, and ATLUS approached Sony to release the game to the Western side, which is what ATLUS does A LOT. Many of ATLUS' games aren't ATLUS made at all.

No, don't get confused.

No, all exclusive games are NOT 1st Party!

HOWEVER, Sony games are 1st party (Just like Nintendo's Games and M$ games are 1st Party).Sony owns Demon's Souls, that's it.

Let's look at M$ for a second. GeoW is a 1st Party game, despite EPIC being a free 3rd Party. GeoW IS a M$ property (Well, GeoW and GeoW2 is, after that ownership transfers to EPIC).

Bulletwitch (an exclusive 360 game) is a 3rd Party game, but it is exclusive to the 360...like Valkeria Chronicles on PS3, which is made by Sega.

Here's another EXAMPLE.

M$ owns an IP called PHANTOM DUST. It's all M$'s. Fun game, especially online. Now, M$ did not feel the Japanese sty.le of the game would sell well in the WEST. So, M$ opted to NOT BOTHER PUBLISHING their very own game, PDust, because it didn't seem it would sell well.

Although PHANTOM DUST was a M$ property, M$ licensed PDUST for release in the U.S. by a 3rd party,Majesco, and let them take the risk in the west. Sony has allowed ATLUS to do the same thing. In fact, MANY GAMES FROM ATLUS are not ATLUS Properties at all! :o

Did you ever play a PS2 game called SKYGUNNER? Like Demons Souls, that was a SONY OWNED game, but again, SONY had no faith in the game sales in the WEST...so SONY allowed good ol' ATLUS to Publish Skygunner in the States.
Skygunner is STILL a SONY 1st Party Game.

Demons Souls is a SONY Game, made by SONY and From Software. Sony hired FS to make a game for SONY, and SONY owns the IP.SONY may or may not use FS to make a sequel, that's up to SONY. Just like Dark Cloud. It's a SONY PROPERTY, But, it was made by Level 5.

If you had a PS3, you could IMPORT Demon's SOULS right now, and see it's a SONY game.

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the box...

Considering it's a Sony1stParty game that being brought over courtesy of ATLUS, I hope this makes sense.

Sony doesn't believe their 1stPartySony game, Demon'sSouls, will sell well in the west due to the difficulty, amongst other things.

Same thing about PHANTOM DUST last gen on Xbox. It's a M$ 1stParty game that M$ didn't think would sell well, so they let Majesco Port it over to the West.

Are you just being more General? Do you mean 1stParty games like Uncharted, Halo, Mario, Ratchet, Resistance, Zelda, Banjo, Fable, Jak, InFamous, Killzone, Metroid, Demon'sSouls, should just be on all consoles?

I agree, that would be cool.

Actually Sony hired FS to make them this game. DS was Jointly Developed by Sony and they had FS develop the game that Sony planned and produced, making FS a Second Party in this case.

Sony planned the DEMON's SOULS, and did a partnership with From Software to have FS co create it. SONY then Produced this product as it is SONY's game after all. That's why DS is a ps3 exclusive game.

What you have to ask yourself, is when this game is finished, who owns the IP. You see, there is no such thing as a 2nd Party game, per se. There is Second Party Developers, but ultimately it's either a 3rd Party game or a 1stparty game.

Like Level 5 who made Rogue Galaxy for Sony, Insomniac who made Ratchet and Resistance for Sony. There is other companies that do this all the time, Ninja Blade, Phantom Dust, Metroid M, ATV offroad fury, etc.

You don't have to own the studio to OWN the game, just ask ACTIVISION, EA, Capcom (who hired GRIN to make Bionic Commando), etc.

Demon's Souls is a 1st Party Sony owned game, but Sony decided that this game is too hard for the West, and therefore fears LOW Sales.

I've had to explain this a few times, but this is the shortest version I can come up with, does that make sense?

This should help explain why it's exclusive.Look at this Japanese Box as a final entry.

ATLUS publishing DS in the West, and FS being involved with DS confuses a lot of posters, I guess.

SolidTy

If someone on here still doesn't understand after this explanation, then they are truly " special " and I don't mean that in a good way.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

This nonsense of a thread is still alive?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

This is not going to happen. I've explained this about 100 times to posters, yet here I see the same posters that I educated posting the same things! :(

I hope everyone reads this thread to stop the Demon's Souls questions! I will dig up some of my other posts to make this a bit easier, and to avoid a bunch of questions.

From Software is a 2nd Party Developer in the case of Demon's Souls, working for Sony. Sony Planned, Co-created, and owns the Demon's Souls IP and Game. :)

Sony doesn't From Software, however Sony worked with them to create Demon's Souls as a 1st Party Sony Game.

How can I explain this...Think EPIC (The Game company that made Unreal and GeoW.).

Epic is a Known 3rd Party, can make games, do whatever they want. M$ approached them and had them create GeoW 1&2 for the Xbox 360 Platform. M$ will own GeoW 1&2 when it's all said and done. M$ does NOT own EPIC.

In this case, EPIC, who are usually a 3rd Party, will now be a second Party developer, hired to create these two games for M$.

Whatever is created, M$ has conplete control over, and owns outright. Epic is payed and deals are made.

From Software is a known 3rd Party.

However, both SONY and M$ hired FS to make 1st Party games for both companies.

Sony even pitched in devs to help make their game.

The end result was that M$ received and owns Ninja Blade developed by FS. Sony received and owns Demon's Souls developed by FS and Sony.

Sony decided that DS wouldn't sell to western audiences, and ATLUS approached Sony to release the game to the Western side, which is what ATLUS does A LOT. Many of ATLUS' games aren't ATLUS made at all.

No, don't get confused.

No, all exclusive games are NOT 1st Party!

HOWEVER, Sony games are 1st party (Just like Nintendo's Games and M$ games are 1st Party).Sony owns Demon's Souls, that's it.

Let's look at M$ for a second. GeoW is a 1st Party game, despite EPIC being a free 3rd Party. GeoW IS a M$ property (Well, GeoW and GeoW2 is, after that ownership transfers to EPIC).

Bulletwitch (an exclusive 360 game) is a 3rd Party game, but it is exclusive to the 360...like Valkeria Chronicles on PS3, which is made by Sega.

Here's another EXAMPLE.

M$ owns an IP called PHANTOM DUST. It's all M$'s. Fun game, especially online. Now, M$ did not feel the Japanese sty.le of the game would sell well in the WEST. So, M$ opted to NOT BOTHER PUBLISHING their very own game, PDust, because it didn't seem it would sell well.

Although PHANTOM DUST was a M$ property, M$ licensed PDUST for release in the U.S. by a 3rd party,Majesco, and let them take the risk in the west. Sony has allowed ATLUS to do the same thing. In fact, MANY GAMES FROM ATLUS are not ATLUS Properties at all! :o

Did you ever play a PS2 game called SKYGUNNER? Like Demons Souls, that was a SONY OWNED game, but again, SONY had no faith in the game sales in the WEST...so SONY allowed good ol' ATLUS to Publish Skygunner in the States.
Skygunner is STILL a SONY 1st Party Game.

Demons Souls is a SONY Game, made by SONY and From Software. Sony hired FS to make a game for SONY, and SONY owns the IP.SONY may or may not use FS to make a sequel, that's up to SONY. Just like Dark Cloud. It's a SONY PROPERTY, But, it was made by Level 5.

If you had a PS3, you could IMPORT Demon's SOULS right now, and see it's a SONY game.

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the box...

Considering it's a Sony1stParty game that being brought over courtesy of ATLUS, I hope this makes sense.

Sony doesn't believe their 1stPartySony game, Demon'sSouls, will sell well in the west due to the difficulty, amongst other things.

Same thing about PHANTOM DUST last gen on Xbox. It's a M$ 1stParty game that M$ didn't think would sell well, so they let Majesco Port it over to the West.

Are you just being more General? Do you mean 1stParty games like Uncharted, Halo, Mario, Ratchet, Resistance, Zelda, Banjo, Fable, Jak, InFamous, Killzone, Metroid, Demon'sSouls, should just be on all consoles?

I agree, that would be cool.

Actually Sony hired FS to make them this game. DS was Jointly Developed by Sony and they had FS develop the game that Sony planned and produced, making FS a Second Party in this case.

Sony planned the DEMON's SOULS, and did a partnership with From Software to have FS co create it. SONY then Produced this product as it is SONY's game after all. That's why DS is a ps3 exclusive game.

What you have to ask yourself, is when this game is finished, who owns the IP. You see, there is no such thing as a 2nd Party game, per se. There is Second Party Developers, but ultimately it's either a 3rd Party game or a 1stparty game.

Like Level 5 who made Rogue Galaxy for Sony, Insomniac who made Ratchet and Resistance for Sony. There is other companies that do this all the time, Ninja Blade, Phantom Dust, Metroid M, ATV offroad fury, etc.

You don't have to own the studio to OWN the game, just ask ACTIVISION, EA, Capcom (who hired GRIN to make Bionic Commando), etc.

Demon's Souls is a 1st Party Sony owned game, but Sony decided that this game is too hard for the West, and therefore fears LOW Sales.

I've had to explain this a few times, but this is the shortest version I can come up with, does that make sense?

This should help explain why it's exclusive.Look at this Japanese Box as a final entry.

ATLUS publishing DS in the West, and FS being involved with DS confuses a lot of posters, I guess.

sakura_Ex

If someone on here still doesn't understand after this explanation, then they are truly " special " and I don't mean that in a good way.

Well, my mommy says that I have a special purpose. :lol:

I had to be redundant, since this has come up a lot in SW, and since GS chose Demon's Souls as Game of the Year, I have a feeling this topic will appear again in the future.:)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Sony owns the IP, will they port it? Doubtful.siLVURcross

Why did MS put Gears of War on the PC? It's not like the PC is a Microsoft-owned platform... Sony could very easily put Demon's Souls on the PC... they could even make it free to new Vaio buyers.

I personally would love to see it come to 360... seeing as how I won't be able to afford a PS3 any time soon. Though, I do have King's Field IV on PS2, so that will have to suffice for now.

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheDuffman26
Member since 2006 • 1346 Posts
So Demon Souls won't end up on PC because it is a first party game? Halo and GeoW ended up on PC...
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

You don't know much about the word exclusive, do you TC? Sony owns Demon's Souls, and would not (ESPECIALLY after it winning GoTY) release on any platform but their own.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

I think so. Action RPGs are quite comon on the PC, and they do well (Witcher sales) so I think Sony will port this game to the PC. PErhaps they want to keep the IP exclusive to the PS3 but the PS3 and the PC dont really compete so I think they will port it. Thoughts?

MotherRussia
I've never heard of such logic. Is it supposed to make sence?
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

No, that would be like Microsoft taking Halo and porting it to the PS3.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Sony owns the IP, will they port it? Doubtful.foxhound_fox

Why did MS put Gears of War on the PC? It's not like the PC is a Microsoft-owned platform... Sony could very easily put Demon's Souls on the PC... they could even make it free to new Vaio buyers.

I personally would love to see it come to 360... seeing as how I won't be able to afford a PS3 any time soon. Though, I do have King's Field IV on PS2, so that will have to suffice for now.

That'd be true, if it wasn't for the "Games for Windows" logo on the top of the case...

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I'm skeptical, but then again, I would want that to happen.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] What do you mean they "own" it?

From what I understand, Sony is the first-tier publisher of the game, and the game was released in Japan under the Sony label. It was then licensed to Atlus, who localized the games for an American release. But since Sony is the original publisher who contracted From to develop the game, Sony gets the final call.

Being the original publisher doesn't mean squat. Unless they helped fund the game, they would only own the rights in Japan. And even then, anything could happen. Of course I doubt we'll see a port of any kind, but you never know. No third party exclusive is safe this gen. :P

The game was co developed with Sony and From Software. I doubt we will even see a sequal let alone a PC version.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That'd be true, if it wasn't for the "Games for Windows" logo on the top of the case...

xYamatox

:lol:

Games For Windows is a way of Microsoft trying to suck publishing fees out of naive developers. They don't need to go through MS to make games for PC... nor do they have to be Windows-based games. Blizzard makes games for both MAC and Windows platforms. And Linux Wine supports a very large portion of the available PC library (not all, but most).

Microsoft wishes they controlled the PC platform.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#64 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Hermits would be thrilled, I'm sure.
evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="HuusAsking"]From what I understand, Sony is the first-tier publisher of the game, and the game was released in Japan under the Sony label. It was then licensed to Atlus, who localized the games for an American release. But since Sony is the original publisher who contracted From to develop the game, Sony gets the final call.jakarai
Being the original publisher doesn't mean squat. Unless they helped fund the game, they would only own the rights in Japan. And even then, anything could happen. Of course I doubt we'll see a port of any kind, but you never know. No third party exclusive is safe this gen. :P

The game was co developed with Sony and From Software. I doubt we will even see a sequal let alone a PC version.

I doubt there will be a sequal to Demon's Souls. To this day, none of the King's Field spin-offs have ever had sequals.

I am seriously hoping though, with the huge success of Demon's Souls, we see a Kings's Field V, running in first person maybe using SCEJ and From Software's engine coding for Demon's Souls.

King's Field For those of you who may be in the dark about this amazing and darkly beautiful series.

****EDIT**** i take that back, there was a Shadowtower 2, released only in Japan.

Still, I don't see a Demon's Souls 2. The game is to self contained. Lets just hope for King's Field V.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I highly doubt that will happen.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
I don't get it.... are people really this reluctant to buy a PS3? If you have interest in a game on another platform then why not just buy it to play that game?
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
I don't get it.... are people really this reluctant to buy a PS3? If you have interest in a game on another platform then why not just buy it to play that game?sakura_Ex
A 400$ game seems pretty expensive. Through in another 4 games that interest you and then I'd agree with what you said.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Misleading topic title and not a system wars topic