Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls vs Dark Souls II - which is your favorite?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

Poll Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls vs Dark Souls II - which is your favorite? (165 votes)

Demon's Souls 45%
Dark Souls 36%
Dark Souls II 18%

Souls, the greatest and most consistent RPG franchise of all time, but which entry is the super star? The Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls, so to speak.

I still say Demon's Souls is the best. In terms of atmosphere, in terms of feeling alone, doomed, helpless, and hopeless, Demon's Souls nailed this stuff far better than the Dark Souls entries. It will also always have the benefit of being the very first game of it's kind. Playing through Demon's Souls for the first time was truly an experience unlike any other.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Demon's has far more atmosphere though but I liked the interconnected areas of DS1 more. Probably because I played it before Demon's

That feel when you open up a shortcut and end up back at the shrine.. That world was really impressive... Pretty sure the nexus from Demon's Souls was just laziness as well. It's not a game breaker at all but it's definitely better to connect them

Loading Video...

Yep, extremely impressive. There's also areas where you can peer down holes into the demon ruins. That's why the game runs like ass most times, cos you were basically rendering in massive chunks of map. It was totally wasteful but cool anyway :P

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

The limited enemy respawn in DS2 is an issue for me, i think they should at least release a patch to give players the option to turn it off.

Yeah, it makes item/soul farming unfeasible.

I'd like to see an option at the bonfires that can restore all of the enemies at that particular location. Because I sure as hell don't want the damn exploding guys around straid's cell coming back.

Also, an option to respawn bosses (with lowered rewards to prevent mass soul farming) would be cool