Deep Down delayed, Pushed back beyond next summer

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5146 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/07/deep-down-delayed-after-the-summer-will-use-the-ps4s-full-power-wont-be-a-game-that-could-be-on-ps3/

When the PS4 exclusive free to play game Deep Down was fully unveiled at Tokyo Game Show, Capcom promised it would start its beta testing around the Japanese launch of Sony’s new console on February 22nd, but looks like development will take a little longer, as revealed by Producer Kazunori Sugiura in a group interview on Dengeki Online.

About Deep Down, I think we’ll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer, so you may have to wait for a little while beyond the launch [of PS4] on February 22nd.

Since we don’t want to risk to be told “This could have been done on PS3!” we want to finish a game that fully uses the PS4 hardware specs.

Producer Yoshinori Ono also echoed the sentment, mentioning that the development team is doing its very best and putting the maximum effort into making steady progress in developing the game, in order to create a truly new experience.

Personally, I never find any issue with developers taking more time to deliver the best experience. You get only one shot at releasing a game, and it’s definitely better for it to be late than underwhelming.

Holy shit is anything coming to the system this year, before fall/christmas?

All I can think of is Infamous, and thats it.

#2 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10313 posts) -

Personally, I never find any issue with developers taking more time to deliver the best experience. You get only one shot at releasing a game, and it’s definitely better for it to be late than underwhelming.

Absolutely 100% agree with that

#3 Posted by getyeryayasout (7163 posts) -

That's a shame.

#4 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

Maybe it wont suck

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4361 posts) -

whoa

#6 Posted by Ghost120x (3737 posts) -

DelayStation 4.

#7 Edited by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

Thats why i wont bother with getting my ps4 until Jan 2015

#8 Posted by tymeservesfate (1564 posts) -

running out of names for the ps4....Pauperstation, Indiestation, ps30fps, Delaystation etc. and they're all true depictions of the system it seems. oh Sony...get your shit together smh. you're making it too easy for every lem/faction on here to rip ur poor little cows apart :(

WAIT!! WAIT!! PS4!! SONY!! WAIT!! WAIT!! DEEP DOWN!! DEEP DOWN!! WAIT!! WAIT!!

#9 Posted by treedoor (7635 posts) -

Cows don't care for exclusives anyways.

#10 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

Could be done on the Ps3!

TCHBO

#11 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13981 posts) -

It's going to be a wallet sucking game anyway.

Whoever buys the most microtransactions wins.

#12 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

ps4 has no games lol

#13 Posted by Nike_Air (18312 posts) -

At least it's not cancelled like that spy-thriller from Black Tusk.

This would be good balance -

• Early - inFAMOUS - MLB The Show
  • Midish - Driveclub - Planetside 2
  • Late - The Order 1886 - Deep Down - something else from Sony

Hopeful;ly long droughts can be avoided this way. The Xbone may face a big one between TitanFall and a Microsoft holiday game , unless you really want to play a Kinect game (lol). You can only kill bots for so long , lmao.

What is that something else going to be from Sony? Who knows.

• a Sony Bend game ? It's been over 2 years since Golden Abyss wrapped up.
  • The Last Guardian ? Apparently the team got some people when Puppeteer finished , and then some more from Knack.

#14 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

oh my oh my oh my

#15 Edited by tymeservesfate (1564 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

Hopeful;ly long droughts can be avoided this way. The Xbone may face a big one between TitanFall and a Microsoft holiday game , unless you really want to play a Kinect game (lol). You can only kill bots for so long , lmao.

• The Last Guardian ? Apparently the team got some people when Puppeteer finished , and then some more from Knack.

#16 Posted by bezza2011 (2360 posts) -

Hmmmm lol funny how alot of you are ripping and yet still no word on anything coming for xbox one except titanfall.

#17 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5146 posts) -

Hmmmm lol funny how alot of you are ripping and yet still no word on anything coming for xbox one except titanfall.

I have a PS4 and NOT an Xbox One. Why do you feel it is my responsibility to be the spokesperson on behalf of what's coming for Xbox One? :?

#18 Posted by sailor232 (4431 posts) -

This year is a great time for Microsoft and Nintendo to bring out games and take market share. Pity it wont happen.

#19 Posted by nyzma23 (916 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

are you still waiting planetside 2 omg i already bored with it just play it on pc

#20 Edited by MonsieurX (29474 posts) -

Delay Station 4 strikes again

#21 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6133 posts) -

Delay station confirmed again. Bu by the ps quad is sooooooooo easy to develop for.

#22 Edited by _Matt_ (8863 posts) -

Did anyone care about Deep Down?

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6133 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Matthew watch your mouth!!! There are several quality cow out there that would have hyped this game to the ends of time. Fortunately, they are going to need all that time to finish it.

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Game was gonna be shit and still will be shit whenever it does come out

#25 Edited by Desmonic (13382 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Matthew watch your mouth!!! There are several quality cow out there that would have hyped this game to the ends of time. Fortunately, they are going to need all that time to finish it.

Oh, just like you hype Titanfall? Careful now, you might just make it so that anything below a 10 will make it a flop. Kinda like what lemmings tried to pull with UC3 when it met hype and thy tried to call it a flop. Good times.

#26 Posted by Heil68 (43397 posts) -

Oh well, more games than I can possibly play on the PS4 this year, all thanks to SONY and their by gamers for gamers mantra.

#27 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Next Summer?

You mean later this year lol Where did you get next summer from?

TC title fail to ignite console warriors.

#28 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6133 posts) -

@Desmonic: I will give my score prediction on Titanfall after the closed beta. Right now it is a 9/10 but maybe changed.

I also am very careful all the time on SW, that is why I am always right. :)

#29 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Also this haha. So far they have Titanfall and a Project Spark beta. That's pretty much it that's confirmed.

#31 Posted by jsmoke03 (12729 posts) -

i didnt even know it was scheduled this year

#32 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

I have a PS4 and NOT an Xbox One. Why do you feel it is my responsibility to be the spokesperson on behalf of what's coming for Xbox One? :?

Well you're certainly taking it as a responsibility to be an idiotic liar, you dumbass.

#33 Edited by _Matt_ (8863 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@_Matt_ said:

Sowi Mister Foxbat sir :( .

#34 Posted by Desmonic (13382 posts) -
#35 Posted by gago-gago (9335 posts) -

Greatmess Awaits...

#36 Posted by kuu2 (6958 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/07/deep-down-delayed-after-the-summer-will-use-the-ps4s-full-power-wont-be-a-game-that-could-be-on-ps3/

Holy shit is anything coming to the system this year, before fall/christmas?

All I can think of is Infamous, and thats it.

Too funny!!!!!

Typical fricking Sony. 'Launch a system, show some super sweet tech demos, then delay the shit out of games that were never real.' -Sony Executive during the PSOne, PS2, PS3, and PS4 launches

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW

#37 Posted by kuu2 (6958 posts) -

Thats why i wont bother with getting my ps4 until Jan 2015

Everyone should, unfortunately some goobers never learn not to buy a Sony console in the first year.

Seriously, they will have Infamous and...........................DelayClub, maybe, possibly, ok probably not for all of 2014.

#38 Posted by Bigboi500 (29286 posts) -

Who cares? It's just a lame assed Souls clone.

#39 Posted by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

Okay, i don't get something. Back when PS4 was announced they showed an amazing looking trailer and told everyone THIS IS HOW THE GAME WILL LOOK in real time (i always told everyone its impossible because nothing on pc look that good and have such fluid animations). Time passes. We see gameplay which looked very impressive visually but boring/dull as fuck gameplay wise. The F2P was announced. More gameplay was shown and you could clearly see a Deep Downgrade. Now they're delaying this game so people don't think its a ps3 title? Are you fucking serious? You made a brand new engine and told everyone THIS is how it'll look and now the game is so fugly that you're scared of everyone saying this a last gen title released on ps4? This may be the Forza 5 of Sony (show amazing looking title *back when it was running on a SLI'd 670's* then release us a piece of turd that looks on par with last gen titles) just such wow these day -/-

#40 Posted by NFJSupreme (5149 posts) -

When will the PS4 have games so I can buy it. I'm just here waiting. Granted I have a PC so I'm not missing out on much but I'd like to get a new console. My TV needs a new console friend to play with.

#41 Posted by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

When will the PS4 have games so I can buy it. I'm just here waiting. Granted I have a PC so I'm not missing out on much but I'd like to get a new console. My TV needs a new console friend to play with.

I heard rumors that 2017 is the year or years. Only rumors though.

#42 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5146 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@bezza2011 said:

Well you're certainly taking it as a responsibility to be an idiotic liar, you dumbass.

Please enlighten me on what im lying about, lol.

#43 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Lol next summer? TC can't read.

#44 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

@justw8_n_c said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@bezza2011 said:

READ YOUR OWN THREAD

#45 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5146 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@justw8_n_c said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@bezza2011 said:

READ YOUR OWN THREAD

So....nothing, and you were full of shit. Gotcha. I figured as much. :)

#46 Posted by tymeservesfate (1564 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@justw8_n_c said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@bezza2011 said:

READ YOUR OWN THREAD

take it down a notch, damn. the guy was a avid supporter of the XB360 last gen but even announced how he was disappointed in the game output towards the end of the gen. he then made a thread about how he was switching to the ps4 this gen. he's not fakeboy'n it...he only has a ps4. if anything i'd take his opinion on things more so than you constantly angry damage controlling cows.

as for the thread are you guys really having problems with him saying "next summer" in comparison to, "upcoming summer"?? the thread isnt misleading at all.

by Producer Kazunori Sugiura

"About Deep Down, I think we’ll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer"

its winter right now...when summer hits it will be the "next summer"...or "upcoming summer", for you nitwits. what exactly are you accusing the guy of lying about? because i sure don't see how he misrepresented himself or the information in this thread smh lol.

#47 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

heheueheuheuheue delaystation 4444444

Idgaf about this game when we have The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2 arriving soon.

#48 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

@justw8_n_c said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@justw8_n_c said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@bezza2011 said:

READ YOUR OWN THREAD

So....nothing, and you were full of shit. Gotcha. I figured as much. :)

Hey, dumb fuck, the OP says nothing about over next summer. You blew things way out of proportion

#49 Posted by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -

Delaystation 4 is actually feeling like a reality, only games the system is getting are indie games that PC has had for some time.

#50 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

No.

Lol next summer? TC can't read.

Next summer is actually this one coming up.

It would imply next year if we were already in summer.