Dean talks with MS about bringing DayZ to Xbox*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://www.play.tm/news/90559003/dean-hall-talked-extensively-with-microsoft-about-dayz-on-next-gen-consoles/

Could Day Z come to, Xbox One? (or the equally popular the War Z?)

*One

Dean 'Rocket' Hall, the man behind the phenomenally successful zombie survival game DayZ has been talking a little bit about the possibility of bringing the full game to next-gen consoles.

Hall revealed that he has had extensive discussions about bringing the game to the Xbox One although he has not had the chance to find out more about the possibilities for a PS4 version as yet.

"We'd certainly consider release on any feasible platform with a realistic publishing model,” he began. “It seems like currently both of the next-gen consoles should provide an environment we can develop inside. I personally feel the new consoles have yet to prove themselves able to rival the PC experience, however I feel there is the potential from both."

"I've not personally had the opportunity to view the full details of the PS4 whereas I have had the opportunity to talk extensively with Microsoft,” Hall continued. “The next-gen consoles show very exciting promise. I'm hopeful that they can deliver on that. Am important part of that, from my perspective, is encouraging and supporting third-party creative development to bring the 'edginess' of PC creative development into the console. I think if the role of Kinect/voice expands to where it is desired it could do some awesome things. I just think it's too early to say at this point."

A next-gen console version of DayZ would certainly be an exciting prospect and Kinect functionality could open up some interesting features that aren't necessarily available to all on the PC. Which platform would you most like to see DayZ arrive on?

This could be good if they make some of the features built from the ground up. Day Z is a popular title and it's ex-named rival the War Z is also popular. It would be interesting to see both, or more primarily, the Day Z, on consoles and how well they would work.

Dean did say he talked "extensively" with Microsoft. Take that as you will.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Jeez, 5 threads today.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

It would have to be way more polished. It would cost him a fortune to keep updating it on the xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

It would have to be way more polished. It would cost him a fortune to keep updating it on the xbox.

You practically said exactly what I was going to. Maybe you're not so bad after all :P

But yeah the game has a seriously long way to go on PC yet let alone other platforms as it's still in early access alpha. Unless MS have changed their pricing on patches ($10,000 was it per patch?) then I can't see it happening any time soon, or at least in any sort of polished format.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

You practically said exactly what I was going to. Maybe you're not so bad after all :P

But yeah the game has a seriously long way to go on PC yet let alone other platforms as it's still in early access alpha. Unless MS have changed their pricing on patches ($10,000 was it per patch?) then I can't see it happening any time soon, or at least in any sort of polished format.

I don't remember the pricing, but it was expensive. Though, they did stop charging IIRC. This could be different for the X1.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I've watched people play this and literally nothing happens in it lol.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jakandsigz

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

I don't think it applies to the Xbox*

*one.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I dont think that many people would care enough to get it.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Isn;t the game still in alpha? And knowing MS they'll probably charge 60 bucks for it even though it's like 35 on Steam.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The War Z is equally popular? XD ...so popular that people dont know it isnt even called The WarZ any more. The WarZ (Infestation ...something or another) is a farce attempt at cashing in on DayZ success, It would likely be very successful on consoles.

DayZ on the other hand will probably be too complicated for the majority of console gamers to consider it fun, especially with what the creator has planned for it. Growing your own crops, pet dogs, crafting weapons such as bow and arrows and spears, (clan) tatoos/logos because their will never be a group system to tell your friends from foes, tamable and rideable horses and even alchemy labs for manufacturing your own viruses or cures are all ideas that the creator of DayZ wants in the finished game. The closest youll get to this idea of DayZ on consoles is Minecraft.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i hate these survival games where there is literally zero content other than people griefing each other.

rust suffers from the exact same problem.

maybe one day these titles will get some substance and i will finally be interested in them.

maybe some objectives or a quest hub or something... anything other than scavenging for shyt and other people stealing it as 100% of the game.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

i hate these survival games where there is literally zero content other than people griefing each other.

maybe one day these titles will get some substance and i will finally be interested in them.

maybe some objectives or a quest hub or something... anything other than scavenging for shyt and other people stealing it as 100% of the game.

I agree. Some people falsely believe that adding useless shit makes the game more "complex" instead of having proper missions or story or game design. These mods are role playing for people for bored people who obsess with shows like walking dead. The makers spend more time promising more shit that probably won't be added for years than they do fixing the countless bugs.

I don't think they fit well on console because of higher standards from console makers and players.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsigz

@mr-powers said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

I agree. Some people falsely believe that adding useless shit makes the game more "complex" instead of having proper missions or story or game design. These mods are role playing for people for bored people who obsess with shows like walking dead. The makers spend more time promising more shit that probably won't be added for years than they do fixing the countless bugs.

I don't think they fit well on console because of higher standards from console makers and players.

Higher standards?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Another theoretical game that won't be out for a long time. Xbone is on a roll.

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By billing
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Prob because your friend sucks.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 misterpmedia

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

nope, seriously you can play the game all day and nothing happens. Maybe you find something in a house. "Gameplay".

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

If the console can't even handle an ugly ass game such as titanflop how is it going to handle dayz? lol

microsoft pls...

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

Nothing running on a Bohemia Interactive engine (RV3 or RV4) is going to run on those laptop APUs without some serious compromise.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

DayZ: 720p Edition.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts
@silversix_ said:

DayZ: 720p Edition.

Even that would be an upscale.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

nice misinformation spreading when the both of you know the answer to it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This would be a major win as the survival genre could be as big as the FPS.

Updates wouldn't affect the game as much as you think. Look at Minecraft. Its updates always ran behind the PC version.

I'm all for it.

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By billing

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

nope, seriously you can play the game all day and nothing happens. Maybe you find something in a house. "Gameplay".

No,

You B-line to the nearest Military base. There you will find everything you need to survive including weapons.

so yeah, your friends just sucks...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 misterpmedia

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

No,

You B-line to the nearest Military base. There you will find everything you need to survive including weapons.

Great, you b-line tothe nearest military base to get weapons to shoot....what? Nothing happens, face it.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Day Z is a turd right now. Let PC beta test it for another year or two.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

Dean you're making a mistake! you should have talked to Sony first.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#27 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

I agree whole-heartingly. I felt that way with rust too. 7 days to die is a little better, but its not finished yet. Project Zombioid the same, again not finished. I don't know what keeps these people from hiring a team after raking in the dough from early adopters.

Dead Island was perfect for me because it had goals and an rpg system. I felt good exploring and finding better equipment and gear that i could combine to make even more interesting stuff. I would take that over day z anyday. I don't play games to greif people. I play to have fun or escape the real world for a little bit..

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#28  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

Lol, at him talking about kinect and voice control... I see he did talk to M$ as why else would he talk about this, unless they were pushing for it. That crap has no place in a game like this (or any hardcore game for that matter).

billing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By billing

@misterpmedia: @misterpmedia:

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

No,

Great, you b-line tothe nearest military base to get weapons to shoot....what? Nothing happens, face it.

Shoot the hordes of players that are also there? You prob get kill very fast since you show very little knowledge of this game.

Suck more noob!

I actually go into a server with zero players or just a very few, but still some how run into them.

PvP is not the problem of this game, its actually the people who avoid it by server hopping/logging and gearing up. That is the current issue.

You my friend, know jack shit.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 misterpmedia

@billing said:

@misterpmedia: @misterpmedia:

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

@billing said:

@misterpmedia said:

No,

Shoot the hordes of players that are also there? You prob get kill very fast since you show very little knowledge of this game.

Suck more noob!

I actually go into a server with zero players or just a very few, but still some how run into them.

PvP is not the problem of this game, its actually the people who avoid it by server hopping/logging and gearing up. That is the current issue.

You my friend, know jack shit.

you can type what ever smack you want, son. Does not change the fact the majority of the game nothing happens. Sorry mate.