Dead Space 3 is a bad game.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8921 posts) -
We can all agree on this right?
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31586 posts) -
Blog it
#3 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

Blog itMonsieurX

#4 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

You seem to be making threads like this a trend.

Unfortunately for all concerned, it's not very funny.Next.

#5 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

No. Perhaps you might wanna play it (The game, not the demo) instead of reading reviews or dissing it because it is an EA game. I plan on grabbing it next time I am out and about because I enjoyed the first 2 games and liked the demo.

#6 Posted by Jebus213 (8921 posts) -

No. Perhaps you might wanna play it (The game, not the demo) instead of reading reviews or dissing it because it is an EA game. I plan on grabbing it next time I am out and about because I enjoyed the first 2 games and liked the demo.

timbers_WSU
I have played it.
#7 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Jebus213
I have played it.

Oh. I guess you are just stupid then. My fault.
#8 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Yeah, it's pretty bad. The franchise was once great.

This shows you that Visceral should realise that they've ran out of ideas and give the franchise a rest, and set up a new IP instead. What they did is continuing the franchise when they shouldn't. They need to wake up and smell the coffee.

#9 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -

timbers_WSU
Same
#10 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17352 posts) -

Looks like an okay game to me. People saying it's "bad" don't understand what a bad game is.

#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26254 posts) -

looks better than Resident Evil 6 that's for sure.

#12 Posted by Jebus213 (8921 posts) -

looks better than Resident Evil 6 that's for sure.

LegatoSkyheart
Now that is true.
#13 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Why do people on SW hate every game? Because they are haters? As for myself I will soon play this beast and decide for myself how good or bad it is. Can't wait either way.

#14 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
I've only played the first one and I appreciated the atmosphere and the minimal use of cinematic sequences. I've seen videos of DS2 and 3 and I'm totally disinterested in their attempt to expand the story.
#15 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Looks like an okay game to me. People saying it's "bad" don't understand what a bad game is.

JangoWuzHere

I totally agree with you.

#16 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

No. Just because people percieve it to be different doesn't make it bad, or even all that different. 

Naughty Dog could have made the same game and people would be praising it for the scripted sequences and great visuals. 

There is some awful PR and internet negativity swirling around, kinda like with ME 3 last year, and like ME 3 last year, the game itself is pretty good. 

And yes I have played the full version for a couple of hours. 

#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16063 posts) -

We can all agree on this right?Jebus213

not at all.

#18 Posted by Lief_Ericson (7082 posts) -

Didnt score a 9, it is ****

#19 Posted by Liquid_ (2957 posts) -

Your brain is a bad game

#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (44211 posts) -

Haven't played it, but it's doing alright on Metacritic. I'll see when I play it.

#21 Posted by McStrongfast (4279 posts) -
Dead Space 3 is a good game.
#22 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

It's not bad, but it's a different type of game than what it originally started as.

It's just another mindless action game.  

#23 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
no... have u played it? doubt it.
#24 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

timbers_WSU

I have played it.

Oh. I guess you are just stupid then. My fault.

He's got really bad taste if he's played it and says it's a bad game. Bad means like a score of 5 or less. It scored 8, so if he thinks it's a bad game it's his opinion only. I've played it about 2 hours and I don't think it's bad at all. 

#25 Posted by Silverbond (16120 posts) -

Everything's bad to you people.

#26 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]We can all agree on this right?ReadingRainbow4

not at all.

Sorry TC you are the only one that thinks it's a bad game so far. 

#27 Posted by clr84651 (5545 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]We can all agree on this right?clr84651

not at all.

Sorry TC you are the only one that thinks it's a bad game so far. 

Oh wait, do you mean BAD like bad A** or as Michael Jackson put it I'm BAD! 

#28 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

It's not bad, but it's a different type of game than what it originally started as.

Fizzman

not really. Its no more mindless than the first two. Also significantly less mindless than your posts about the game. 

#29 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16063 posts) -

also this game looks really good, easily the best looking dead space.

#30 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

with_teeth26

not really. Its no more mindless than the first two. Also significantly less mindless than your posts about the game. 

Arstechnica does a great job of explaining what went wrong with DS3.  

DS3 isn't 1/10th as good as the original DS.  

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/dead-space-3-review-what-have-i-become-my-sweetest-friend/

#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Not even 1 reason in the OP? Come on dude, that's weak. Even for you

#32 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/dead-space-3-review-what-have-i-become-my-sweetest-friend/

9.5 from Polygon and Joystiq and 8.0 from Destructoid and Gamespot. Who is this obscure source you are citing? Some mouthbreather upset that his "survival horror" has been trimmed down?

#33 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

StrongBlackVine

9.5 from Polygon and Joystiq and 8.0 from Destructoid and Gamespot. Who is this obscure source you are citing? Some mouthbreather upset that his "survival horror" has been trimmed down?

wahhh wahhhh, stop saying a game i like is bad.

GTFO you dumb***.  

Arstechnica is obscure?  

#34 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

yet, all these review sites are giving it good scores?
#35 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

campzor

All of "those review sites" arent giving it a good score.  

It is sitting at a 79 on Metacrtic and will keep dropping.  

#36 Posted by McStrongfast (4279 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

StrongBlackVine

You sure told that obscure mouthbreather.
#37 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

Sitting at 80 on both PS3 and 360. Don't get pathetic and starting lying.

#38 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="campzor"] yet, all these review sites are giving it good scores?StrongBlackVine

It must have changed five minutes ago.  

Either way, the Ars Technica review (lol at some obscure website) perfectly explains why DS3 is the worst in the series.  

#39 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Nope we can't agree on it, I haven't played it yet but just the demo. As someone who liked DS 1+2 I bet the full game is good.

#40 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

errr...19 out of 31 (so more than half) have given it a score of 8 or higher... 8 is bad now? oh my... Someone post that rating system pic where anything below 9 is sh!t
#41 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

It must have changed five minutes ago.

Either way, the Ars Technica review (lol at some obscure website) perfectly explains why DS3 is the worst in the series.

Why so jelly though? Did you lose a bet?

#42 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

Fizzman

All i'm seeing is a bunch of subjective complaining. Dead Space was never survival horror. It was always sci-fi horror action. The first one was for sure the most tense, mostly due to that necromorph that regenerated limbs and the outdated save system, but tension wasn't the only thing that made the series what it was. The detailed environments, deliberate pace of the action and atmosphere (which I disagree with the review about, the atmosphere is still great) are all as important to making Dead Space feel like Dead Space as the tension. 

Don't you find it funny how the reviewer said there was no tension and then said he had to turn the difficulty down to easy to finish the game? That seems a bit contradictory to me. The fights with the necromorphs are still very tense as you try and deal with multiple threats coming from multiple directions. 

I'm not saying 3 is better than the first two games, but saying its not 1/10th as good as the orginal very hyperbolic. If you go into the game expecting an action game, that is what you will look for and you will focus on the action-game elements that have literally been in the series from the start - they have been improved is all - but if you go with a more open mind and disregard the bad PR and internet negativity, you will find a game that feels very much like the first two. 

#43 Posted by Minishdriveby (10387 posts) -
I wouldn't call it bad. I just have no interest in it after playing the first two.
#44 Posted by Speedzilla (1732 posts) -

It's not on Wii U if that's what you're asking.

#45 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -
We can all agree on this right?Jebus213
Looks like nobody agreed with you.. Except your ALT-Accounts, of course :lol:
#46 Posted by Jebus213 (8921 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]We can all agree on this right?jessejay420

I don't have ALT-Accounts. :lol:
#47 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]We can all agree on this right?Jebus213

I don't have ALT-Accounts. :lol:

i know..im just messing with you :P
#48 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I haven't played it, so I can neither agree nor disagree.
#49 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

with_teeth26

All i'm seeing is a bunch of subjective complaining. Dead Space was never survival horror. It was always sci-fi horror action. The first one was for sure the most tense, mostly due to that necromorph that regenerated limbs and the outdated save system, but tension wasn't the only thing that made the series what it was. The detailed environments, deliberate pace of the action and atmosphere (which I disagree with the review about, the atmosphere is still great) are all as important to making Dead Space feel like Dead Space as the tension. 

Don't you find it funny how the reviewer said there was no tension and then said he had to turn the difficulty down to easy to finish the game? That seems a bit contradictory to me. The fights with the necromorphs are still very tense as you try and deal with multiple threats coming from multiple directions. 

I'm not saying 3 is better than the first two games, but saying its not 1/10th as good as the orginal very hyperbolic. If you go into the game expecting an action game, that is what you will look for and you will focus on the action-game elements that have literally been in the series from the start - they have been improved is all - but if you go with a more open mind and disregard the bad PR and internet negativity, you will find a game that feels very much like the first two. 

I dont find it odd that he turned down the difficulty.  He explained that he thoguht the area was designed for coop so it makes sense why it would be so difficult with one person.  

I own the first two games, and i was not thrilled with DS2.  I cant justify spending 60 bucks on DS3 if it's even more like DS2 than DS1.  

#50 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (10030 posts) -
I wouldn't call it bad. I just have no interest in it after playing the first two.Minishdriveby
Pretty much this. I tried to play DS2 and got bored of it real quick.