Dead Rising 3 will be better than any ps4 exclusive at launch

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

The size of this game is enormous.   Interesting nre article I just read about dr3.  In co op you can both be at completely ass ends of the maps fighting off 430 zombies.  This in fact is going to be bette4 than any ps4 at launch.  Just one of the four heavy hitters for the worlds best videogame console XBO.  More at the link

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16295-TGS-2013--Dead-Rising-3-Preview---Undead-Co-Op-Craziness.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
looks like it. that game looks like a ton of fun if they can finally nail the controls.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Its reasons like this that Xbox will remain the social console for people who have friends.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Do you think DR3 will be the best Xbox One exclusive?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

I could see Knack getting a higher score than it. No joke.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

lolno.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XBOunity

psymon100

Gonna be close.  Forza 5 will get aaae.   Dr3 might be the most fun.  Killer instinct is my most anticipated.  And ryse shows off next gen fidelity 

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Pie is better than any cake exclusive at launch...

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XBOunity

lx_theo
Wow don't bet on that
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Yep, but then after a year, maybe 2, of decent exclusives they'll go back to the same crap they did with the 360, where they focus on 3 or 4 exclusive series, and look to 3rd partys multi-plats to fill up the rest. XBO looks good when you focus exclusively at the short term, but if you are looking to invest in a system that'll see a large amount of constant support from it's 1st party throughout it's entire life, PS4 is clearly the way forward. Microsofts lack of support for the 360 over the last 4-5 years is the reason I don't have plans to buy an XBO.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

XBOunity

Gonna be close.  Forza 5 will get aaae.   Dr3 might be the most fun.  Killer instinct is my most anticipated.  And ryse shows off next gen fidelity 

900p :lol:

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XBOunity
Yep, but then after a year, maybe 2, of decent exclusives they'll go back to the same crap they did with the 360, where they focus on 3 or 4 exclusive series, and look to 3rd partys multi-plats to fill up the rest. XBO looks good when you focus exclusively at the short term, but if you are looking to invest in a system that'll see a large amount of constant support from it's 1st party throughout it's entire life, PS4 is clearly the way forward. Microsofts lack of support for the 360 over the last 4-5 years is the reason I don't have plans to buy an XBO.spike6958
I disagree. The games beyond launch also squash ps4 exclusives. Msft spending a lot of cash on games
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

XBOunity
Wow don't bet on that

It'd be a safer bet than the opposite of it.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Maybe so but it is all about multiplats day1:P

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

XBOunity

Mmmm. Have you got a pre order in yourself? I think Ryse might actually score the best of those games. Then again, it depends partly on Forza's campaign. I've heard Dan say it's a car-centric campaign - his description of this sounded cool. 

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XBOunity
[QUOTE="XBOunity"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]

lx_theo
Wow don't bet on that

Care to wager your acct? I am
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

psymon100

Mmmm. Have you got a pre order in yourself? I think Ryse might actually score the best of those games. Then again, it depends partly on Forza's campaign. I've heard Dan say it's a car-centric campaign - his description of this sounded cool. 

Going all digital day 1. First game dl will be ki. The next will be this
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

DR3 will be the best game of the 2 consoles launching this holiday.... launch line-ups are really a let down for both systems.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
[QUOTE="spike6958"]Yep, but then after a year, maybe 2, of decent exclusives they'll go back to the same crap they did with the 360, where they focus on 3 or 4 exclusive series, and look to 3rd partys multi-plats to fill up the rest. XBO looks good when you focus exclusively at the short term, but if you are looking to invest in a system that'll see a large amount of constant support from it's 1st party throughout it's entire life, PS4 is clearly the way forward. Microsofts lack of support for the 360 over the last 4-5 years is the reason I don't have plans to buy an XBO.XBOunity
I disagree. The games beyond launch also squash ps4 exclusives. Msft spending a lot of cash on games

They said that last gen though, and to begin with they did. That's why I jumped on the 360 train last gen, well that and Gears of War 1, but later on it just stopped. There is part of me that would like to believe they have learnt from that mistake, but it still makes me hesitate buying there system when so much of my time with the 360, even these last few years, was spent playing games from the first few years of its life.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lx_theo
[QUOTE="XBOunity"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="XBOunity"] Wow don't bet on that

Care to wager your acct? I am

My account? lol. No. All you'd do is make ANOTHER account. You wouldn't be losing anything. Not worth it for anyone.
Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yo-SUP
Member since 2013 • 357 Posts

Yep, but then after a year, maybe 2, of decent exclusives they'll go back to the same crap they did with the 360, where they focus on 3 or 4 exclusive series, and look to 3rd partys multi-plats to fill up the rest. XBO looks good when you focus exclusively at the short term, but if you are looking to invest in a system that'll see a large amount of constant support from it's 1st party throughout it's entire life, PS4 is clearly the way forward. Microsofts lack of support for the 360 over the last 4-5 years is the reason I don't have plans to buy an XBO.spike6958
Xbox has only had less support for just at 3 Yeats out of 8.

also, how we forget the abysmal ps2 and ps1 first party support in later years.

Also the ps3s screwed up first 3 years and the anonymous thing.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBOunity
[QUOTE="XBOunity"][QUOTE="spike6958"]Yep, but then after a year, maybe 2, of decent exclusives they'll go back to the same crap they did with the 360, where they focus on 3 or 4 exclusive series, and look to 3rd partys multi-plats to fill up the rest. XBO looks good when you focus exclusively at the short term, but if you are looking to invest in a system that'll see a large amount of constant support from it's 1st party throughout it's entire life, PS4 is clearly the way forward. Microsofts lack of support for the 360 over the last 4-5 years is the reason I don't have plans to buy an XBO.spike6958

They said that last gen though, and to begin with they did. That's why I jumped on the 360 train last gen, well that and Gears of War 1, but later on it just stopped. There is part of me that would like to believe they have learnt from that mistake, but it still makes me hesitate buying there system when so much of my time with the 360, even these last few years, was spent playing games from the first few years of its life.

I think they learned a few lessons. They will deliver on the games part. They already are
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psymon100

Going all digital day 1. First game dl will be ki. The next will be thisXBOunity

That's cool man. I watched a lot of KI at this expo I attended. Looked awesome. New D-Pad so essential for fighters. 

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

You know the launch lineups suck when you consider DR3 to be the best exclusive at launch. The series has always been AA at best. I doubt it's going to outscore KZ:SF though.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]Going all digital day 1. First game dl will be ki. The next will be thispsymon100

That's cool man. I watched a lot of KI at this expo I attended. Looked awesome. New D-Pad so essential for fighters. 

Next gen please come fast
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Wow that lem circle jerk first few posts.

It will be a good game, no doubt, no idea how it would compare to others though.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XBOunity

You know the launch lineups suck when you consider DR3 to be the best exclusive at launch. The series has always been AA at best. I doubt it's going to outscore KZ:SF though.

ImBatman-
Forza will get AAAE. Thanks for making my point
ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Dead Rising might be very likely better than any PS4 exclusive at launch, but this is a long term investment when buying a console and I know PS4 will have great 1st party games from Naughty Dogs and such. That is why I'm sticking with the Playstation brand. MS need to show me more this gen after all these craps they pull and a disappointed few years with the 360 exclusives department before I'll buy the XB1

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XBOunity

It will be a good game, no doubt, no idea how it would compare to others though.

_Matt_
Better than the ps4 circles that are bout 4 pages long lol
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ImBatman-

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

XBOunity

Forza will get AAAE. Thanks for making my point

Then why not put Forza instead of DR3?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Killzone Shadow Fall will outscore Dead Rising 3. I'll say Forza 5(just based on history) gets the best score and Killzone Shadow Fall sells the most copies.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RR360DD

ImBatman-
KZ is AA at best LOL Guerilla getting lucky with Jokezone 2 doesn't make it an AAA series. Same with Infamous, yet cows cream themselves over that.
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ImBatman-

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

RR360DD

KZ is AA at best LOL Guerilla getting lucky with Jokezone 2 doesn't make it an AAA series. Same with Infamous, yet cows cream themselves over that.

AA at best yet it has scored AAA before. DR3 is the defintion of AA at best.

Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Yo-SUP
Member since 2013 • 357 Posts

Dead Rising might be very likely better than any PS4 exclusive at launch, but this is a long term investment when buying a console and I know PS4 will have great 1st party games from Naughty Dogs and such. That is why I'm sticking with the Playstation brand. Where MS need to show me more this gen after all these craps they pull and a disappointed few years with the 360 exclusives department!

ni6htmare01
360 has more exclusives in total. second, the irony. This would be the first gen with ps3, ever finished a console with a decent fp.
LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
Very very likely.
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

RR360DD

apparently Killzone 3 being AA doesn't count, man, Sony Drones are delusional if they think KZ SF is gonna score AAA.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

XBOunity

Better than the ps4 circles that are bout 4 pages long lol

Very true. 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

ImBatman-

Yeah ONE killzone game out of FIVE :lol:

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ImBatman-

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] KZ is AA at best LOL Guerilla getting lucky with Jokezone 2 doesn't make it an AAA series. Same with Infamous, yet cows cream themselves over that. RR360DD

Still makes it AAA at best. DR3 still at AA at best.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XBOunity
Fav part of article There's no form of tethering to all of this madness, meaning the two nut-jobs out zombie hunting can be as far from one another as they want to be. However, Jones warned that the difficulty scales up in multiplayer to take into account both the players' experience and how far through the story you are. So while it's nice to not be connected by an invisible rope, it's possible to find yourself in a situation a solo adventurer simply shouldn't be caught up in.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
I think Forza is the only game that has a chance at a 9 or better. I also think Killzone will score 7.0 - 8.0. From the gameplay I have seen it looks very pretty but very boring. And going up against more refined shooters like COD and BF won't help it sell. Dead Rising 3 is still up in the air to me prediction wise. The technical issues that DR was having early on made me a little worried, but the latest accounts state that those issues were fixed. So who knows. But the Zombie genre is getting kinda stale.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XBOunity

[QUOTE="ImBatman-"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] KZ is AA at best LOL Guerilla getting lucky with Jokezone 2 doesn't make it an AAA series. Same with Infamous, yet cows cream themselves over that. RR360DD

And the last infamous was AE lol
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

maybe.

i'm not a fan of the franchise but it looks like they got rid of the clock riding your ass every second so that has to be a huge improvement.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts
Ok, I hope you enjoy it
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XBOunity
Ok, I hope you enjoy itChutebox
Thanks wish I could say the same to you but I know your exclusives
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
lol Dead Rising, mediocre series is mediocre
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
Looks like a very silly and pointless game.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Would much rather play Killzone Shadowfall than any One exclusives.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I have Dead Rising 3 pre ordered first day for Xbox One but I doubt it will be a better overall game than Killzone: Shadow Fall..

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 psymon100

Would much rather play Killzone Shadowfall than any One exclusives.

Michael0134567

Wow really bro?