Dead Rising 3 should be re-reviewed

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FerdMertz (1034 posts) -

Because I have at least a dozen hours under my belt and I have yet to see any of these frame rate issues. I've seen a tiny bit of texture pop but not a single second of of slowdown. These reviewers should be ashamed of themselves if they reviewed DR3 without the day one patch. It doesn't make for a very accurate review.

#2 Edited by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -

Why do you care? You honestly think that every single person just made it up? How is your stupid opinion worth more than anyone else's? Maybe stop crying about the score a game gets in order to feel better about how you spend your money and just enjoy the types of games you like to play.

#3 Posted by BilkeLegenda (1929 posts) -

Agreed, I just finished it myself and did not have any hick ups or frame rate drops.

#4 Posted by shawn30 (4305 posts) -

Why do you care? You honestly think that every single person just made it up? How is your stupid opinion worth more than anyone else's? Maybe stop crying about the score a game gets in order to feel better about how you spend your money and just enjoy the types of games you like to play.

This. Reviews are just opinions, no better than yours or mine. Play what you like and let the reviewers say whatever they want.

#5 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21279 posts) -

Reviewers played it a week before the patch release, the dev is to blame not reviewers.

Anyways i'm watching a playthrough and the game is fantastic, much better than the previous games, this is the first DR game that i like and i hated the ones before it.

#6 Posted by always_explicit (2630 posts) -

I care. If his opinion is so stupid why come to a forum of discussion and belittle him for sharing it.

I agree people should enjoy the games they play but as someone who hasnt bought dead rising yet its reassuring to see 2 posters so far that have not experienced issues that the reviewers have written about.

#7 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2576 posts) -

Maybe you don't know what dropping frames looks like then. Whenever I blow up a gas station or even a car it drops frames. Its not a huge deal but I notice it. Play any game on the PS4 or Xbox One and you will notice frame rate dips. There were times in Killzone Shadow Fall where I swear it was in the single digits. (Chapter 6)

#8 Posted by StormyJoe (4584 posts) -

Because I have at least a dozen hours under my belt and I have yet to see any of these frame rate issues. I've seen a tiny bit of texture pop but not a single second of of slowdown. These reviewers should be ashamed of themselves if they reviewed DR3 without the day one patch. It doesn't make for a very accurate review.

Wasn't there a Day 1 patch to fix the frame rate issues?

#9 Posted by stereointegrity (10679 posts) -

anyone who says that they didnt have any frame rate drops needs their eyes checked

#10 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

you guys put too much emphasis on reviews.

almost everyone knows reviews are mostly bullshyt opinions and useful only for giving you a general idea about the game.

they give games i love bad reviews and games i hate good reviews all the time.

the simple fact is a professional reviewer of any media does not live in the same world you live in and his tastes are almost never going to match up with some average joe.

also reviewing at it's very core is crap.

give a professional wine taster mad dog 20/20 out of a fancy bottle with a good label and he will score it high.

perception is everything and these guys have their "palate" spoiled by early news and exposure to beta gameplay and vids.

#11 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

1. it was glitched.
  2. patch came
  3. review came before release
  4. ms gave them the game early
  5. either way game as a 78 on meta. SOLID score

#12 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12187 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@nightshade869 said:

This. Reviews are just opinions, no better than yours or mine. Play what you like and let the reviewers say whatever they want.

Pretty much this. If you enjoy the game and have experienced no issues, why would it bother you? Just enjoy it and take the reviews for what they are: Opinions.

#13 Posted by Gue1 (9165 posts) -

anyone who says that they didnt have any frame rate drops needs their eyes checked

more than just their eyes....

#14 Edited by FerdMertz (1034 posts) -

Why do I care about reviews? Because I want more Dead Rising games. Bad reviews can lead to bad sales. Bad sales means no more Dead Rising.

It's not a matter of opinion, but false information. If a reviewer gave DR3 a 6/10 because they thought it was boring, then whatever, that's just an opinion. But to dock points from a game because of technical issues that were fixed by launch then that's a problem.

I'm pretty sensitive to frame dips, tearing and pop in. I'm not blind to this stuff. The best I can tell you if you've seen frame dips is maybe its your TV. I have my TV set to game mode which unlocks the framerate so you don't get visual issues between a 120 hrtz TV and a 30 fps video signal.

#15 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2621 posts) -

I have not had any major issues with this game whatsoever, looking back a few weeks ago when I was worried about the framerate, it was all for nothing......always good to wait until day to make an opinion. Game is an easy 8-9/10 for me, great b movie atmosphere.

#16 Posted by Heil68 (42691 posts) -

1. it was glitched.
  2. patch came
  3. review came before release
  4. ms gave them the game early
  5. either way game as a 78 on meta. SOLID score

77 on MC, but GS scores are what matters, :)

#17 Edited by lostrib (31771 posts) -

Perhaps they could do a 2nd opinion review. But they generally don't pull primary reviews unless the seriously fucked up, like the Natural Selection 2 review

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9426 posts) -

I'm just glad people are enjoying the game....I will play it soon.

I ignored the reviews of Ryse and I am glad I did, it's a pretty good game.

#19 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3017 posts) -

In that case, they might as well rereview all launch games.

#20 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3934 posts) -

if any game needs to be re reviewed is forza 5, that unfinished game deserves no more than 6.5

what did it bring to the table over Forza 4? that's right, NOTHING!

#21 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2500 posts) -

While I understand your point about knocking a game for an issue that is fixed by launch, I'm sure the staff at GS doesn't have the time to revisit every game reviewed prior to launch, look for fixes, and adjust their reviews accordingly.

It falls on the developers to make sure their games are ready.

#22 Edited by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

1. either way game as a 78 on meta. SOLID score

xbone, lowering dem' standards

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

perhaps because they got frame drops?

#24 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1067 posts) -

@ZoomZoom2490:

especially since it has less cars and tracks almost every previous forza game lol

#25 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Maybe you don't know what dropping frames looks like then.

Only huge nerds complain about framerates 30 frames-per-second or above.

30 frames-per-second or above is perfectly acceptable for normal people.

#26 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3819 posts) -

Re-reviewed so you can see the game you like has a higher score? Why? Why does that matter to you? Have fun with the game, that's all you should care about.

#27 Edited by sirk1264 (5514 posts) -

You guys need to stop putting stock in reviews and just enjoy the damn games. I'm currently enjoying a game that scored a 4/10 so I can careless about what the reviewer thinks. I only use reviews as a basis for a purchase and look at more than one site for an opinion before deciding to buy the game.

#28 Posted by kitty (114328 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Perhaps they could do a 2nd opinion review. But they generally don't pull primary reviews unless the seriously fucked up, like the Natural Selection 2 review

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened, I do re-call them saying that there could be multiple reviews for games.

#29 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@FerdMertz said:

Please keep in mind that some game reviewers (possibly a lot of them) are Cows. Therefore, it is not in their best interest (i.e. agenda) to wait for an XBOX ONE game to be patched before reviewing it. Having an unfinished XBOX ONE game gives them more things to criticize, which Cow reviewers would obviously prefer.

#30 Edited by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

@Thunder7151:

are these the same cows that gave forza 5 a glowing 9?

fuck off, If they were being dishonest about dead rising 3,

they must have been lying about forza 5 too right?

#31 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@FerdMertz said:

Please keep in mind that some game reviewers (possibly a lot of them) are Cows. Therefore, it is not in their best interest (i.e. agenda) to wait for an XBOX ONE game to be patched before reviewing it. Having an unfinished XBOX ONE game gives them more things to criticize, which Cow reviewers would obviously prefer.

Cow reviewers...hitting a new low

#32 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@anybodykilla15 said:

@Thunder7151:

are these the same cows that gave forza 5 a glowing 9?

fuck off, If they were being dishonest about dead rising 3,

they must have been lying about forza 5 too right?

Every once in a while Cow reviewers will give an XBOX ONE exclusive game a high score to hide their bias.

The obvious is obvious.

#33 Posted by Phazevariance (10906 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:
  1. either way game as a 78 on meta. SOLID score

xbone, lowering dem' standards

Uh, 78 is close to an 8/10 which actually IS a 'solid score'. He didn't say amazing score or the best score. Cows butthurt so bad over x1 being a good console.

#34 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

@FerdMertz said:

Yup.

#35 Edited by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

@Thunder7151:

I seriously think you are psychotic,

maybe dead rising 3 just sucks,

and maybe forza 5,

dead rising 3 was just a way of letting out the truth,

so they have a some what clear conscience,

while they count cow...I mean Microsoft money

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FerdMertz said:

Yup.

Do lem reviewers exist?

#37 Posted by ccagracing (749 posts) -

I have almost finished the game and for the most part have experienced no real issues. I've thoroughly enjoyed playing it and can confirm that it did have one or two frame hiccups but to be fair there was a serious amount of zombies on screen, hundreds easily.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (45796 posts) -

Another reason reviews are stupid. Most sites are more worried with shoving a review out as fast as possible instead of putting out a review that reflects the quality of the game at launch.

#39 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FerdMertz said:

Yup.

Do lem reviewers exist?

There must be some Lem reviewers out there, but they are probably much more balanced and fair in their reviews of other systems' games. Cows are not balanced and fair at all.

Lems, in general, are much more mature than Cows.

#40 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FerdMertz said:

Yup.

Do lem reviewers exist?

There must be some Lem reviewers out there, but they are probably much more balanced and fair in their reviews of other systems' games. Cows are not balanced and fair at all.

Lems, in general, are much more mature than Cows.

Your posts say otherwise.

#41 Edited by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@lostrib said:

Wouldn't surprise me if that happened, I do re-call them saying that there could be multiple reviews for games.

there are (McShea gave Bioshock Infinite a 4), but one still stays as the primary review and is the review score that shows up on the game profile page

#42 Posted by PsychoLemons (1919 posts) -

Give it a month or two then judge it.

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (38252 posts) -

Nah. Just play and be happy that they patched it.

#44 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1849 posts) -

dead rising bad framerate dealwithit.

#45 Posted by kitty (114328 posts) -

dead rising bad framerate dealwithit.

You would know all about it, so please tell me, hows the story on dead rising?

#46 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1849 posts) -
#47 Posted by Puckhog04 (22587 posts) -

Not really...

#48 Edited by clone01 (24178 posts) -

Okay. Sounds good.

#49 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 runs at a constant 15 fps on my Xbox One.

#50 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

These reviewers should be ashamed of themselves if they reviewed DR3 without the day one patch. It doesn't make for a very accurate review.

Those developers should be ashamed of themselves if they put out a game that needed a day one patch to get above 15 fps. Game reviews should be done EXCLUSIVELY based on the first-released version of a game, without a single patch or tweak. Because THAT's the game the developers made, and THAT's the game they sold.