Dead Rising 3 coming to PC this summer confirmed!

#1 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

There it is

It was to be expected tbh,apparently some capcom guys slipped and called it "holyday exclusive" before so yeah...

It´s now confirmed by Capcom!

#2 Edited by Heil68 (47265 posts) -

Be funny if true. :D

#3 Posted by lostrib (42876 posts) -

A lot of things show up on the steam database, it's not always true. Pretty sure Halo 3 has shown up a number of times

#4 Posted by remiks00 (2527 posts) -

Aww man I hope this is true, I'm a huge Dead Rising fan! Didn't want to buy an Xbox One at launch for 1 game....

#5 Posted by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

I'd be interested in a PC port. What other games have shown up on the Steam database but never came out besides Halo 3?

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18625 posts) -

AWKARWD !

#7 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

@speak_low said:

I'd be interested in a PC port. What other games have shown up on the Steam database but never came out besides Halo 3?

Not sure,but apparently according to the neogaf thread Halo 3 never even had a picture on the steamDB,this one not only has it but also it seems that a few people were in-game as well,so it must exist.

#8 Posted by lawlessx (47202 posts) -
@MrYaotubo said:

@speak_low said:

Not sure,but apparently according to the neogaf thread Halo 3 never even had a picture on the steamDB,this one not only has it but also it seems that a few people were in-game as well,so it must exist.

If true i'll buy it IF the framerate is improved.

#9 Posted by getyeryayasout (8526 posts) -

I've tried, but I just don't have any fun with the series.

#10 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

well hopefully master race does the right thing and petitions to STOP dead rising 3 from releasing on steam, garbage game from garbage publisher. #keeptrashaway

#11 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@speak_low said:

You're right. It does show two people "in-game" now. This is interesting, and I think it's very likely now (I still could be totally wrong but I could see a DR3 being ported whereas a Halo 3 PC port would've been a long shot anyways)

#12 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10076 posts) -

CONFIRMATION OF HALO 3

#13 Posted by RR360DD (13049 posts) -

Makes sense, MS have been saying they want to support PC gaming more.

#14 Posted by Liquid_ (2996 posts) -

so much for Xbox 1 exclusive

#15 Edited by silversix_ (16238 posts) -

Who cares the game is as good as Knack

#16 Posted by wiifan001 (18492 posts) -

How reliable is this source?

#17 Posted by CroidX (1355 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

The site is pretty accurate

#18 Posted by darkangel115 (2246 posts) -

@lawlessx said:
@MrYaotubo said:

@speak_low said:

If true i'll buy it IF the framerate is improved.

They fixed it with a day 1 patch. I never had any framerate issue and i got it release day. MS did say they need to do more for PC gaming so its possible. Its a great game, if it does come out on steam its well worth buying for PC players

#19 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

Now the game might actually hit a steady 30FPS.

#20 Edited by chikenfriedrice (11060 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Bullshit....DR3 is dope and received better reviews than Knack!

Cows love to grab screens from the internetz

#21 Posted by darkangel115 (2246 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

already does. anyone that played it knows that. a day 1 patch fixed the framrate issues that DF posted about

#22 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@ladyblue said:

already does. anyone that played it knows that. a day 1 patch fixed the framrate issues that DF posted about

Actually it didn't. DF said so in a follow up. Dat placebo can be pretty strong.

#23 Posted by Vatusus (5221 posts) -

Expected. Xbox dont know how to exclusive

#24 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Xbone got no games.

#25 Posted by silversix_ (16238 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Bullshit....DR3 is dope and received better reviews than Knack!

Cows love to grab screens from the internetz

Abysmal looking game with gameplay worst than the one seen in Ass Creed 4. This is the kind of games you'd wish was never released.

#26 Posted by misterpmedia (4509 posts) -

Will the 'bone eventually lose most exclusives to PC? Dat strategy. Looks like things are looking up for people who don't want to fork out for a 'bone and will most likely get a superior version too. Ouch.

#27 Edited by darkangel115 (2246 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@darkangel115 said:

@ladyblue said:

Actually it didn't. DF said so in a follow up. Dat placebo can be pretty strong.

Yup that awesome effect where people who don't have an xbox one and never played a game can tell me that i had framerate issues in a game i beat 4 times when I didn't. I guess you took the "blue" pill ;)

also just checked the article

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3

There was no update. the build they tested didn't have the patch at all. I tried to check your facts, but I couldn't quite get into the place of which you pulled them out of ;)

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12811-dead-rising-3-day-one-patch-confirmed-fixes-framerate-issues.html

This new piece of information regarding Dead Rising 3 Day One patch comes from EdgeOnline Review of the game: "Such compromises mean the game maintains a steady 30fps (once you’ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you’re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey."

I'll never understand why cows have to make things up to bash things?

#28 Posted by lostrib (42876 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@ladyblue said:

@darkangel115 said:

@ladyblue said:

Yup that awesome effect where people who don't have an xbox one and never played a game can tell me that i had framerate issues in a game i beat 4 times when I didn't. I guess you took the "blue" pill ;)

also just checked the article

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3

There was no update. the build they tested didn't have the patch at all. I tried to check your facts, but I couldn't quite get into the place of which you pulled them out of ;)

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12811-dead-rising-3-day-one-patch-confirmed-fixes-framerate-issues.html

This new piece of information regarding Dead Rising 3 Day One patch comes from EdgeOnline Review of the game: "Such compromises mean the game maintains a steady 30fps (once you’ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you’re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey."

I'll never understand why cows have to make things up to bash things?

From Eurogamer Digital Foundry:

Our pre- and post-patch analysis video shows low frame-rates of around 22fps when alpha effects and a large number of enemies come into play both before and after we updated the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-dead-rising-3-patch

#29 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29757 posts) -

Announce Quantum Break for PC and then I'll actually care

#30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

That'd be cool. I liked the look of the game but didn't wanna get an X1 for it

#31 Posted by xhawk27 (7536 posts) -

This is good because Deep Down might be going to the PC too. lol

#32 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Makes sense, MS have been saying they want to support PC gaming more.

You do realize this isn't MS if it is? Unless they publish it to PC capcom can easily do so.

#33 Edited by lamprey263 (25619 posts) -

I think it's possible. MS is the publisher, they've put Spartan Assault on Steam so I can see it as possible, especially after that recent comment the other day about them saying they should support PC gaming.

Plus, the game has pretty much gotten all the mileage it's gonna get being an Xbox One exclusive in luring people to get the system, now they stand to make some money if they release it for PC gamers.

Plus who knows, maybe PC gamers being enamored with it might cause console gamers to reconsider picking it up, or factoring it into their console purchasing decisions.

#35 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@CroidX said:

@wiifan001 said:

The site is pretty accurate

reminds me of the simpsons.

"Extra extra! Todd smells!"

Todd - "Is your source on this reliable?"

anyway on topic, i couldn't be more apathetic if i tried.

#36 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

DarkAngel severely owned.

#37 Posted by santoron (8058 posts) -

Might get on sale if true. Only played the first and it was OK, but just OK.

#38 Posted by coasterguy65 (6277 posts) -

Wasn't Halo 3 "confirmed" on the Steam database like a year and a half ago also?

#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6383 posts) -

Steam registry never lies (except Halo 3) but ... meh . Waiting for Quantum Break .

#40 Posted by Puckhog04 (22766 posts) -

Interesting considering most bashed it here. Kinda sad their mind can be changed just by putting it on their platform of choice. Fanboys.../sigh

#41 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

@Puckhog04 said:

Interesting considering most bashed it here. Kinda sad their mind can be changed just by putting it on their platform of choice. Fanboys.../sigh

Pretty sure the vast majority of people bashing the game were cows,and DR3 isn´t coming to their platform of choice.

#42 Posted by Puckhog04 (22766 posts) -

@MrYaotubo: Good portion of them were hermits as well. I don't really care. Was just an observation. I already own the game.

#43 Edited by SolidTy (45945 posts) -

Another timed exclusive wearing off, it seems. I own the Xbone, but I'm not a fan of this particular series. What I want from Capcom is other franchises...

It's Capcom so it figures as I said last year when it was revealed. Just have to wait it out. The thing about Capcom that most don't know is that they are losing money farming out games to western devs. They are hurting and god knows why they even bothered to make it timed exclusive in the first place. Ubisoft is banking on PS360Xbone/PS4 (180 million-ish install base) with their games and most likely are making a lot more than the suitcase of money M$ paid for the timed exclusive to sell DR to the 4-5 million install base on Xbone. It's risky business and I'm not sure it paid off.

I loved Capcom once upon a time, it's a shame they shed so many talented people and could very well go bankrupt before this generation ends.

#44 Posted by cainetao11 (19565 posts) -

And only some here will care about it no longer being exclusive. Because you know, its important at this point in the game's existence.

#45 Edited by lostrib (42876 posts) -

@Puckhog04 said:

@MrYaotubo: Good portion of them were hermits as well. I don't really care. Was just an observation. I already own the game.

...got any facts to back those claims up with?

Though I think in general this game was bashed for not having the "next-gen" graphics (i.e. 1080p) and performance issues, both of which should be fixed by putting it on PC

#46 Posted by MonsieurX (31715 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Puckhog04 said:

Though I think in general this game was bashed for not having the "next-gen" graphics (i.e. 1080p) and performance issues, both of which should be fixed by putting it on PC

...got any links for that?

#47 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

See this is how smart companies make money. Maximize revenue.

You can see why Sony is in the shitter. Every Sony game should go to PC / tablet after a stay on their console.

The only company that financially should be porting anything is Sony. They're in need of every bit of revenue they can muster.

This is Sony we are talking about though. You don't go broke by being smart?

#48 Posted by lostrib (42876 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

@Puckhog04 said:

well in this thread alone there are people arguing about performance. And i mean is it that far a stretch to think cows would bash DR3 for not being 1080p and having drops below 30fps when shit goes is on the screen?

#49 Posted by Ballroompirate (23745 posts) -

Oh god the tears from Lems if Dead Rising 3 came out on PC...mmmm I can taste them now

#50 Posted by MonsieurX (31715 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

@Puckhog04 said:

well in this thread alone there are people arguing about performance. And i mean is it that far a stretch to think cows would bash DR3 for not being 1080p and having drops below 30fps when shit goes is on the screen?

lol no links to back your claims

lollostrib post