Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (PS4/Xbone) announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Source
My bias is making me a bit okay towards this compared to the rest of the remasters (mostly because Momiji), but hell, the DLC better be transferable.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

How many fighters are on next gens btw?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Dead or Alive is rubbish. They probably spend more time on the boob physics than anything else.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@DocSanchez

Boobs win everytime !

Besides its about time 8th Gen consoles finally got a real fighting game...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Im good. I still have ultimate and that will do me just fine. Ill pick up the actual new DOA for ps4 when it comes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Wii U should be getting this instead of Hyrule Warriors !

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonicNextGen2

@Blabadon: Five: Killer Instinct, Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat X, This, Guilty Gear Xrd

@Lulu_Lulu: No, I played Hyrule Warriors, it's probably the best Warriors game ever with it focusing more on action rather than button mashing.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Spring 2015 in Japan? Why not just make the real sequel Dead or Alive 6 if its going to take that long just to revise a last gen game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@SonicNextGen2

I've been noticing that pattern alot lately, people will always say things like Button Masher regardless of which game it is.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Transferable dlcs? No, they better include all of the dlcs.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Dead or Alive is such a shit fighting franchise, I think I'll stick to trying Blue Blaze Xrd

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

@SonicNextGen2: Do you even play warriors games? I'm gonna assume no.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#13 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I still haven't gotten Ultimate. It's so hard to find.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Do not want. Give me DOA 6

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@kinectthedots

Maybe... Maybe not... As Long as DoA is better than Tekken then all is well... :)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Yes! glad I skipped doa5 ultimate.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonicNextGen2

@kinectthedots: I like it, not because "BEWBS," but because it actually has a really nice counter/punch-kick system that differs from other 3D fighters. That and the fact it seems as though VF will live on through this series since SEGA is stupid as hell now.

@Legend002: With $500 worth of DLC, that's probably not going to happen.

@SonySoldier-_-: From what I gathered in recent interviews of nearly every company doing a remaster is that these games allow for a prototype engine to be placed on next gen easily or something along those lines so when it comes to developing the next game they have more of an idea what to do, also TK has done remasters/ports of basically all Warriors games post DW8XL so this isn't surprising considering DOA5 was actually successful for Team Ninja while NG3 wasn't, so it's best they'd port that.

@OneSanitarium: I do as a matter of fact, I played DW3 to 5 (took a break at 6 because the spin offs that followed and itself were mediocre in my opinion) and got back in at 7.

@Lulu_Lulu: The thing is, Dynasty Warriors 4 to 6 were literally button mashing, the AI suck, the frame rate was even worse than now, and you had one or two combos. Now they've added a lot of new mechanisms and weapons which allow the game's combat system to be more expansive.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@SonicNextGen2

Oh... Didn't know that.... But I heard it would be like a co-op beat'em up than a fighting game.... Plus I heard there would be RPG Elements and you know How I feel about those.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Another game i played on last gen with some minor improvements. I love my Portstation 4 and PortBox One.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This franchise haven't improved since the original Xbox

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SonicNextGen2

@Lulu_Lulu: Oh it is a beat em up, those elements were just applied to them dear ^_^

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

no thanks, it gets more generic each release.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@SonicNextGen2 said:

@Blabadon: Five: Killer Instinct, Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat X, This, Guilty Gear Xrd

Capcom confirmed a port of Ultra SFIV too. Now I just wish they ported Marvel vs Capcom 3 too but since their Marvel license expired the chances are slim to none.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@silversix_ said:

This franchise haven't improved since the original Xbox

it's not like it needs to either. DoA is easily the best 3D fighting game. It's very advanced and ahead of the curve while still being kind of casual friendly compared to all the others, is just that most people in the west ignore it for Tekken because too many boobs. Meanwhile Virtua Fighter started on Saturn and stayed the same since then. The last game has some of the most stiff animation in the last generation of games and atrocious production values too. lol

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Guys, should I get into DoA or Tekken? Or both?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@SonicNextGen2

Well theres CO-OP So I'm down ! :)

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Lol I haven't bought a single of the many variations of Dead of Alive 5. When this drops in price, I'll finally get it

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalfantasy94

@SonySoldier-_- said:

Spring 2015 in Japan? Why not just make the real sequel Dead or Alive 6 if its going to take that long just to revise a last gen game.

Im guessing this is easier and cheaper. I guess they wanna put out a DOA game fast on the new consoles.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OneSanitarium

@SonicNextGen2: Oh, the response I thought I made hours ago before I left didn't post. Well ****. I don't want to type it all again. :(

Uhm...summarize... Koei sucks at warriors games, especially their recent licensed attempts. The dodge button cancel things can look cool at times, but it ultimately reduces options that having jumps and jump attacks can give you. Or dashes and jump cancels. Something about HW looking nice, and having decent polish, but gameplay wise not doing anything really new outside of unique movesets that their main series don't entirely have anymore, but their licensed games tend to do that. Game also tends to have a better appeal of 1v1 boss interactions, where as other koei warriors, bosses just feel like a slightly strong grunt in some cases if they don't go out of their way to do something stupid. Like add a shit ton of super armor because they couldn't find a way to make a meaningful interaction.

Uhh... general posting about Sengoku Basara being almost objectively better than DW in the gameplay department. Literally nothing DW does that SB doesn't do better that isn't character count. Which winds up being irrelevant, since in DW games you play weapons now, not 100% characters. edit: Oh, and Koei actually puts online into their games. SB is behind on that and it makes me sad.

And I think some general posting about how mash unfriendly warriors games actually end up being, at least on harder difficulties. You don't have to reply if you don't want to. GS eating my post made me lose the argument passion I had going on about this topic.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalfantasy94

@bbkkristian said:

Lol I haven't bought a single of the many variations of Dead of Alive 5. When this drops in price, I'll finally get it

But by the time that happens ultra megamix dead or alive 5 will be announced.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SonicNextGen2

@OneSanitarium: I agree with you on those points but I feel like they're at least trying to make it evolve with new mechanisms in DW8 and I still like it despite it's simplification and control limitation and I played Hyrule Warriors and it is a lot more solid than the other licensed and even normal Warriors games. I agree also on SB, it's basically a more awesome version of DW. But knowing Capcom, SB4 didn't sell to expectations (despite being freaking amazing) and they're not going to localize and basically drop the series for a few more years (at this rate by the time they become bankrupt). And yeah, they aren't as button mashy on harder difficulties, but then some technical issues sometimes occur but when they don't, it's a nice change of pace! And I respond to most people on Gamespot, it's nice to see other people's opinions outside of "I'll buy anything Sony related" and a fellow GG fan is no exception :)

@Gue1: Link please, can't find anything. And I agree on DoA, it has a lot of depth but people can't get past boobs because personal reasons.

@93BlackHawk93: Both are amazing franchises, if you want to get into Tekken start at Tekken 5 and if you want to get into DoA this is as good as an entry for beginners.

@finalfantasy94: I feel like they'll stop after this, because let's be honest, they're running out of characters, that's why they're adding Virtua Fighter ones.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OneSanitarium

@SonicNextGen2: SB sells well in Japan, for the most part. And solid copy sales for SB4 I think were in the few hundred thousand. All of gaming over there is taking a hit though. SB has a very budget team to begin with. Maybe they're suing DW8XL so they can finance the SB4 expansion that brings the character count up to 45 or something. :P

SB will never come out in the west again. SB3 sold terribly, which is too bad because they localized the **** out of that game. ~300 hours put into it and I'll still occasionally hear new things. I think someone posted an image from Capcoms release period, and SB is a once every other year sort of series, not counting spinoffs/expansions. So if we do get SB4H or whatever, it'll be sometime during next year, and we MAY get SB5 in 2016. Hopefully the development team, if they ever notice there in a state of decay where they don't believe they'll be able to make another game, do a big final hurrah. Ton's of characters, costumes, and stages all on one disc. Ah well. I wonder what a PC release for SB would be like.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SonicNextGen2

@OneSanitarium: I just hope Capcom gets their crap together because SB3 could have sold well if they advertised it more and like you said, this isn't NIS/IF localization, this was a full blown localization with voice acting and everything. Still, the Warriors series keeps on coming and I'd love to see other people put their take on Musou as well.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@WallofTruth

I know right ! Theres no other fighting game that deserves to be on PC more than DoA...... Just think of the Mods ! ! !

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@walloftruth said:

No PC? Too damn bad.

I'd be more surprised if there isn't an arcade edition.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

@Legend002 said:

@walloftruth said:

No PC? Too damn bad.

I'd be more surprised if there isn't an arcade edition.

hmm dude there is a arcade version of UDOA5

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu

@Junsei

Really ? :o and ?