DayZ sells 1 Million copies

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/422872564088573953

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

Nice. I need to grab it still.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5081 posts) -

do you play this game? if yes, is it good?

#4 Posted by TheFadeForever (1852 posts) -

They must have made a lot of money lol

#5 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7886 posts) -

Awesome game! Still playing even thought I think I have pretty much everything I need. Need more content now!!!

#6 Posted by Maroxad (8433 posts) -

Not bad for a game that hasnt even launched yet. Here is a hoping that their success wont make them lazy. And have their early success destroy any motivation to deliver a good product since they already made a lot of money.

#7 Edited by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

do you play this game? if yes, is it good?

Yeah I do,it´s still missing a ton of features but it´s only natural because it´s still in alpha,but it´s pretty great.

#8 Edited by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

LMFAO @ pc gamers needlessly reminding everyone that their favorite platform is still alive.

"SEE GAIS!! WE'RE NOT DEAD! A MILLION COPIEZ!!!!!!!"

the fact that they keep bringing it up really tells you something.

#9 Posted by with_teeth26 (6227 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

Not bad for a game that hasnt even launched yet. Here is a hoping that their success wont make them lazy. And have their early success destroy any motivation to deliver a good product since they already made a lot of money.

I think with Dean it will do the opposite, I expect they will hire more people to try and finish the game faster.

Bohemia Interactive's CEO must think he's the luckiest guy alive, take note big publishers, this is why you integrate mod support into your games.

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

LMFAO @ pc gamers needlessly reminding everyone that their favorite platform is still alive.

Seems like more of a running joke now.

#11 Edited by billing (633 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

Looks like sarcasm just flew right over you head.

#13 Edited by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

#14 Edited by IgGy621985 (4843 posts) -

I never understood why is DayZ so much loved, but I'm happy for the devs. Immense success for an indie team.

#15 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@lazerface216 said:

Seems like more of a running joke now.

you know what lundy? lol i hope you're right.

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

you know what lundy? lol i hope you're right.

Okay...

#17 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5081 posts) -

i don't know much about the game either. i'm watching it now and i quite like the look of it.

it seems that zombie enemy NPCs are your enemy, and other human players have autonomy regarding whether they are your friend or foe. you can even choose to kill other humans, or to hold them up to take their shit. or help them, although they can turn on you at any second being flakey gamers :P

so far i think it looks pretty baws.

#18 Posted by Jankarcop (9935 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

PC has the highest gaming revenue, most devs, most games (80%+) , most concurrent online gamers, and the total most gamers.

I don't think lying about it on a gaming forum will change that.

#19 Edited by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

@Rage010101 said:

@lazerface216 said:

^ I sense massive butthurt

your schtick is old. it's all you got. no one likes you.

i win.

#22 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5081 posts) -

@Rage010101: its ok bro - i like you.

#23 Posted by foxhound_fox (89427 posts) -

Those aren't copies sold, that is 1 million pre-orders (or what is essentially a pre-order, for PC gaming at least).

#30 Edited by Jankarcop (9935 posts) -

meanwhile consoles announce yet another 4 hour long corridor shooter, lmao i'm lovin it

#35 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Rage010101: its ok bro - i like you.

#36 Edited by wis3boi (31592 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

this thread has become increasingly pathetic...

we should put it out of its misery like a bleeding DayZ survivor ;)

#42 Edited by TheFadeForever (1852 posts) -

They made around 30 million dollars worth of revenue

#45 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@with_teeth26 said:

this thread has become increasingly pathetic...

we should put it out of its misery like a bleeding DayZ survivor ;)

lol goddamn right!

....and all this over a mere observation on my part.

#46 Posted by adamosmaki (9689 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

Same. Glad they are doing great but i'm a bit against the whole early access especially if you are paying more than the final release to just play the game early and basically you are a beta tester ( at least they should offer the game to early access buyers for less than the final release )

#47 Edited by narutosup (1572 posts) -

Does this game plays like state of decay?

#48 Posted by MonsieurX (30857 posts) -

RIP PC Gaming

#49 Edited by KHAndAnime (14071 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@Maroxad said:

Same. Glad they are doing great but i'm a bit against the whole early access especially if you are paying more than the final release to just play the game early and basically you are a beta tester ( at least they should offer the game to early access buyers for less than the final release )

Well, thankfully you're saving $20 or $30 by getting the early access, so everybody wins (except the people who don't preorder and want the game). :)

Whoever told you it's $30 for only the alpha is spreading misinformation (and plenty of people keep doing it). You're paying $30 for a $50+ game.

#50 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3124 posts) -

@millerlight89: @Rage010101: @lazerface216: Enough. Stay on topic. This is your warning.