DayZ no longer PC exclusive

• 81 results
#1 Edited by Ballroompirate (23582 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/day-z-coming-to-playstation-4

Ouch

#2 Posted by lostrib (41138 posts) -

Wonder how that will go in terms of updates. And it will end up competing with Sony's F2P H1Z1 depending when that comes out

#3 Posted by wis3boi (31824 posts) -

cant wait to see the slide show

#4 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1105 posts) -

Great, we'll get to play the game without all the bugs, glitches, and cheaters.

I have zero faith in this.

#5 Posted by wis3boi (31824 posts) -

ugh, why did i scroll to the ign comments....all the peasantry

#6 Posted by Ben-Buja (2746 posts) -

This is good for PC players as well, it means they're going to switch to DX11 and proper multithreading (If they give a damn about the console version)

There's still a ton of fixing needed before this game is done though. It's just a broken mess in its current form

#7 Posted by Wasdie (50485 posts) -

It's not really good on the PC. Apparently Dean has been talking that the PS4 version has forced them to update their tech on the PC and the PC version should be getting better soon because of a result of it. I'm skeptical.

That said the whole DayZ like games are a fad and they don't have much longevity.

#8 Posted by clyde46 (47250 posts) -

I would imagine console players would get bored of it very fast.

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8641 posts) -

Multiplat will come to Xbox too.

#10 Posted by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

Enjoy the buggy mess.

#11 Edited by Shielder7 (5171 posts) -

Damn it hermits can't you keep your crappy exclusives on your own failure of a system or systems? Stop muddying our great system with your stench, the PS isn't used to such lack luster games like you find on the PC. Seriously is your shovelware Box that full?:

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (23582 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I would imagine console players would get bored of it very fast.

Well it's not CoD or Mario so of course they'll get bored :P

#13 Edited by lawlessx (47071 posts) -

does this mean they will speed up on the updates? game is still very bare bones

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (11876 posts) -

Pretty much the end for pc gaming. All it had left was indie games, now PS4 is taking.

#15 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

cant wait to see the slide show

Dayz recommended reqs for pc are similar to the PS 4.

#16 Posted by Sollet (7470 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Wonder how that will go in terms of updates. And it will end up competing with Sony's F2P H1Z1 depending when that comes out

Well, competition is always good.

#17 Posted by NFJSupreme (5386 posts) -

Yawwwwwn

#18 Posted by donalbane (16370 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

It's not really good on the PC. Apparently Dean has been talking that the PS4 version has forced them to update their tech on the PC and the PC version should be getting better soon because of a result of it. I'm skeptical.

That said the whole DayZ like games are a fad and they don't have much longevity.

I think Day Z is the most compelling multiplayer game I have ever played, personally. It's got problems, but I think - like it or not - we've got a new genre on our hands.

#19 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4436 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Damn it hermits can't you keep your crappy exclusives on your own failure of a system or systems? Stop muddying our great system with your stench, the PS isn't used to such lack luster games like you find on the PC. Seriously is your shovelware Box that full?:

Sarcasm isn't easy to detect on the net Shielder. Just saying.

#20 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

The pc community just went Hulk Smash, collectively.

Not that we wanted this junk game. I remember watching my brother in law play this, and hed get glitched by someone that would toss him up in the air, hed die, then start all over again.

I laughed.

Yeah, quit bringing Steams steamy pile over to consoles. Let is fester on pc where it belongs.

#21 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Day Z died a couple of years ago, Unturned is better & free, enjoy beta testing our scraps

#22 Edited by naz99 (1708 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Day Z died a couple of years ago, Unturned is better & free, enjoy beta testing our scraps

Survive the nights for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQTAXzZ59U playable Alpha version should be out by the end of the year

H1z1 is looking pretty good aswell.

I am ignoring DayZ until it actually gets somewhere the standalone progress has been way too slow.

#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

I'm not going to lose sleep over this.

#24 Edited by Snugenz (12634 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Great, we'll get to play the game without all the bugs, glitches, and cheaters.

I have zero faith in this.

Was gonna say the same, the game runs like shit on my PC fuck knows how bad they'll have to make the console version look to make it run as shitty as it does on my PC.

#25 Posted by uninspiredcup (11876 posts) -

Wait, wait, wait wait wait Wait, wait, wait wait wait Wait, wait, wait wait wait Wait, wait, wait wait wait.

Crossplay?

Either this game is being dumbed down to the point it has a cross-hair that takes up 1/4 of the screen with auto-aim, or the game will have people console people running around helplessly with a target on there head.

#26 Posted by Motokid6 (6138 posts) -

Crossplay would be cool.

#27 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

he's a guy from new zealand, what do you expect?

#28 Edited by KHAndAnime (14387 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Ouch

Ouch? Are you clueless mate? More like: fucking great. Any true hermit would be happy that console gamers get to partake in one of the greatest games of all time. Also - because of their decision to expand to the PS4, they are upping the game's budget and scope. It's a good thing all around.

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Wrong. DayZ has made most of its money in the last 6-8 months. Unturned makes no money and it's an ugly crap Minecraft-inspired clone. DayZ's playerbase is much more massive than Unturned and it's not even free.

#30 Edited by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Ouch

Ouch? Are you clueless mate? More like: fucking great. Any true hermit would be happy that console gamers get to partake in one of the greatest games of all time. Also - because of their decision to expand to the PS4, they are upping the game's budget and scope. It's a good thing all around.

This whole "exclusive" is a good thing is a joke. More consoles = more funding = more development. But, this is SW's.

#31 Edited by KHAndAnime (14387 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Fad my ass. DayZ has been around and popular for years now...do you know what a fad is?

You're evidently just mad that it sits atop Steam's top seller list instead of your favorite games ;)

#32 Edited by hummer700 (10236 posts) -

Wasn't this announced a while ago? hmmm i might be going crazy.

EDIT:

Good news! I'm not going crazy!
"Almost Certain" April 2013, but i guess that's technically not confirmed.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-console-port-almost-certain/1100-6406272/

#33 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -

720p 30fps crappy controls who gives a shit?

#34 Posted by Puckhog04 (22689 posts) -

Can't wait to get the final version of the game. ;)

#36 Posted by AcidTango (726 posts) -

Never cared for DayZ

#37 Posted by xhawk27 (7456 posts) -

Space Engineers isn't PC exclusive any longer either.

#38 Posted by jg4xchamp (49484 posts) -

DayZ on a gamepad? no thank you.

#39 Posted by Heil68 (46421 posts) -

Not much of a fan for the PC version, so I doubt I would get any console version.

#40 Posted by Masculus (2877 posts) -

Hopefully they'll finish the game some time in 2035. Seens to me that the development is quickly going nowhere.

#41 Posted by nutcrackr (12805 posts) -

The number of half-finished survival games is too damn high.

#42 Edited by ButDuuude (560 posts) -

#43 Posted by lawlessx (47071 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

DayZ on a gamepad? no thank you.

looting is gonna be a real nightmare

#44 Posted by -Unreal- (24548 posts) -

Why do people care if it is on another system? It's still on PC. You can continue enjoying it in all its mediocrity.

#45 Posted by hehe101 (624 posts) -

way to boring

#46 Posted by SkootlesMcGee (13 posts) -

Can't actually picture it translating all that well to a controller but eh, guess we'll see.

That said making it actually somewhat finished first would be nice.

#47 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@KHAndAnime: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

Actually, Day Z is nowhere to be found in both owned and played Steam data, so you can stop lying.

#48 Edited by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@KHAndAnime: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

Actually, Day Z is nowhere to be found in both owned and played Steam data, so you can stop lying.

Hey scrub, update your sig! There's 728,188 signatures now.

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (48101 posts) -

LOL at playing any form of Day Z with a controller. Sounds like a nightmare.

#50 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1579 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

PS4 is way too behind for this shitty trolling to matter.