David Jaffe's Top 10 Games of 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Pretty good list overall. I love the love Zelda is getting, finally.

SOURCE

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Nice to see Sonic & All Stars Racing get some love. I currently own it on PC and Vita. I had it on Wii U but between the frame rate and broken checkpoints I had to let that version go. Gone Home is still sort of a head scratcher to me. It seems like that game was made for the gaming journalism crowd.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Nice to see Sonic & All Stars Racing get some love. I currently own it on PC and Vita. I had it on Wii U but between the frame rate and broken checkpoints I had to let that version go. Gone Home is still sort of a head scratcher to me. It seems like that game was made for the gaming journalism crowd.

It's so people think they're deep.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

old and the thread by the same exact tittle is still on the top of the front page....

thats just laziness on your part TC

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Counting these as part of the OVER DREAMS.

Anyway I don't disagree with the notion that it very well enters the gaming territory of "oscar bait", but at the same time I would argue that game has been over looked/criticised for the wrong reasons. It's not a game that's going to entertain you in raw gameplay per square inch content, it's not even really a challenge. But speed running it misses the point of the game, and a lot of the appeal is that the game is fresh, different, and frankly unique. It takes style of story telling and a plot line that game rarely ever tries to tackle and makes a very good attempt at conveying in an interactive manner.

You're more of a participant in shaping Gone Home's experience then you are in a lot of these story games that pretend to give you choice. A lot of what makes it interesting is putting the story together all by yourself between exploring the house. Admittedly the plot isn't actually very good, but assuming one was willing to meet the game half way it's at the last an interesting game. Not necessarily "hands down game of the year of the forever", but that's sort of the point no? It's an individuals opinion.