David Hayter vs Kiefer Sutherland

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lowkey254 (5906 posts) -

I'd prefer David.

#52 Posted by enzyme36 (1697 posts) -

Jack Bauer all the way!

#53 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6750 posts) -

While David Hayter had a 10/10 performance and will never be forgotten for his legendary work as Snake, I think Kief will do a great job as well. Maybe not the perfect Snake, but a 9/10 judging by the trailers. 

#54 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9444 posts) -
The main thing is keeping Kiefer sober. You do that and he'll be fine. I think Hayter IS Solid Snake so you cant replace that.
#55 Posted by MGS2007 (105 posts) -

I love Kiefer Sutherland  aka Jack Bauer (BTW S9 gonna be kick ass!) but i think it's rediculous having him voice BB ( but i understand why they did it) all i keep thinking is when is he gonna say damn it! lol. Kiefer sounds to much like Jack to me.

#56 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

its going to take me out of the game completely.

#57 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

The main thing is keeping Kiefer sober. You do that and he'll be fine. I think Hayter IS Solid Snake so you cant replace that. FoxbatAlpha
Kiefer has a drug/ alcohol problem?

#58 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid and love Snake's voice as portrayed by David Hayter. However, I must admit that David's rendition is quite unrealistic and cartoonish as it is excessively gravelly and doesn't convey much range of emotion. Hence, considering that Kiefer Sutherland is a professional actor, I think that he'll do a better job with Snake's voice. I've been rewatching the fifth season of 24 on Netflix and have become strongly convinced that he'll do a good job. What do you guys think?

BluRayHiDef
You know david hayter is a professional actor and writer to? Not saying i'm not excited for Sutherlands rendition. I am
#59 Posted by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

David's voice, got kinda old, and severley overplayed, in MGS4. Still, loved him throughout MGS1-3.

I'll be interested to see how Kiefer Sutherland, performs throughout, though I think he'll do the part justice.

#60 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

It would be awesome if Jack Bauer was somehow retconed into the game's story.

#61 Posted by MGS2007 (105 posts) -

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"]The main thing is keeping Kiefer sober. You do that and he'll be fine. I think Hayter IS Solid Snake so you cant replace that. BluRayHiDef

You must of never seen this    http:youtube.com/watch?v=PhB_3Jz0x_s         hes had some DUI's and done some time. Kiefer likes to drink.

#62 Posted by PcGamingRig (7185 posts) -

What I don't get is in the first trailer the bandaged guy and big boss both sounded like Kiefer Sutherland. :)

The only thing I find annoying about it is that kiefer sutherlands voice is so well known that you just think Jack Bauer when you hear it. So it is hard to put the voice with Snakes face when you are seeing or playing the game, I might get used to it after a while though.

David Hayters voice as Snake was great though.

#63 Posted by jg4xchamp (51366 posts) -
He can be Big Boss, he is not Solid Snake.
#64 Posted by heretrix (37636 posts) -

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"]The main thing is keeping Kiefer sober. You do that and he'll be fine. I think Hayter IS Solid Snake so you cant replace that. MGS2007

You must of never seen this    http:youtube.com/watch?v=PhB_3Jz0x_s         hes had some DUI's and done some time. Kiefer likes to drink.

He's got a pretty awesome tequila ad running on TV now.

#65 Posted by BigBoss154 (2956 posts) -

MGS1 Hayter was the best.