Dark Things You Notice About E-Rated Games..

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

in grandia, its never explicitly stated sue was getting molested by her uncle but its inferred he goes up to her room at night while drunk,,,:shock:

#2 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Quite a few of the Pokedex entries don't seem like things a kid would want to read.

#3 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34234 posts) -

#5 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

Quite a few of the Pokedex entries don't seem like things a kid would want to read.

Thefatness16

So true.

clicky

#6 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

The Path.

#7 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22174 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

mysticstryk

So true.

clicky

ewww at the jynx one

speaking of pokemon, haunter was kinda scary at gen 1. just look at it:

Spr_1b_093.png

#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

DJ-Lafleur
you can post a let's play of that entire game and it would be just as accurate. i'm glad that most of the time, when i look at it, all i see is some screaming akuma-like face. then i keep staring at it until i see "the real deal". i should play the damn game already >.>
#9 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door comes to mind. Peach gets undressed a minimum of three times over the course of the game.
#10 Posted by clyde46 (47268 posts) -
Go watch a Disney movie.
#11 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door comes to mind. Peach gets undressed a minimum of three times over the course of the game.1PMrFister
and a robot falls in love with her because it was looking at her as she showered.
#12 Posted by funsohng (28820 posts) -

Thefatness16
There are so many stuff on Pokemon BW and BW2 that shouldn't be E-rated. 1. Lacunosa Town has this woman who, every night, hangs out with different men in her house "looking to learn different kinds of love". The men in question includes the police officer, an office clerk from different city, a married man, a kindergarten boy, a minccino, etc. 2. The dude that gives golden nuggets. In Japanese, the golden nuggets are kintama, which means your balls. So when he says "Let me give you my golden nuggets!" what he means is that he's giving you your balls. 3. There is a character during summer in front of Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City that alludes homosexual pedophilia. Also, there is a female breeder who is actually male cross-dressed to get the job as a breeder. 4. In Humilau City, there is a guy who gives you a quest to ring the bell on top of Celestial Tower for his girlfriend. On the way to the top, you face his ex-girlfriends in Pokemon battles, and in the end, the guy's girlfriend goes on to have crush on the main character.
#13 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

funsohng
There are so many stuff on Pokemon BW and BW2 that shouldn't be E-rated. 1. Lacunosa Town has this woman who, every night, hangs out with different men in her house "looking to learn different kinds of love". The men in question includes the police officer, an office clerk from different city, a married man, a kindergarten boy, a minccino, etc. 2. The dude that gives golden nuggets. In Japanese, the golden nuggets are kintama, which means your balls. So when he says "Let me give you my golden nuggets!" what he means is that he's giving you your balls. 3. There is a character during summer in front of Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City that alludes homosexual pedophilia. Also, there is a female breeder who is actually male cross-dressed to get the job as a breeder. 4. In Humilau City, there is a guy who gives you a quest to ring the bell on top of Celestial Tower for his girlfriend. On the way to the top, you face his ex-girlfriends in Pokemon battles, and in the end, the guy's girlfriend goes on to have crush on the main character.

#1 and #2 are kind of weird (in a hilarious way), but #3 (the poke breeder part) and #4 are fine. cross dressing is such a common comedy trope, and #4 sounds like "what if scott pilgrim was written for 10 year olds"
#14 Posted by funsohng (28820 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

BrunoBRS

#1 and #2 are kind of weird (in a hilarious way), but #3 (the poke breeder part) and #4 are fine. cross dressing is such a common comedy trope, and #4 sounds like "what if scott pilgrim was written for 10 year olds"

Still I don't think it's something you would expect from something like Pokemon.
#15 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

SMG2

[spoiler]  1 [/spoiler]

#16 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

tumblr_mcwvlhNQrK1rwo81vo1_500.jpg..

#17 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="funsohng"] There are so many stuff on Pokemon BW and BW2 that shouldn't be E-rated. 1. Lacunosa Town has this woman who, every night, hangs out with different men in her house "looking to learn different kinds of love". The men in question includes the police officer, an office clerk from different city, a married man, a kindergarten boy, a minccino, etc. 2. The dude that gives golden nuggets. In Japanese, the golden nuggets are kintama, which means your balls. So when he says "Let me give you my golden nuggets!" what he means is that he's giving you your balls. 3. There is a character during summer in front of Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City that alludes homosexual pedophilia. Also, there is a female breeder who is actually male cross-dressed to get the job as a breeder. 4. In Humilau City, there is a guy who gives you a quest to ring the bell on top of Celestial Tower for his girlfriend. On the way to the top, you face his ex-girlfriends in Pokemon battles, and in the end, the guy's girlfriend goes on to have crush on the main character.

Still I don't think it's something you would expect from something like Pokemon.

light hearted comedy is exactly what i'd expect from pokemon NPCs lol. much more interesting than every other NPC making a redundant point about how much they love pokemon, because nintendo doesn't understand the meaning of "drilling a topic through someone's head".
#18 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

SMG2

[spoiler]  1 [/spoiler]

tagyhag
just a creepy easter egg from whoever was drawing the background for that level, though i guess it does literally suit the "dark things you notice in E-rated games" :P
#19 Posted by funsohng (28820 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

SMG2

[spoiler]  1 [/spoiler]

BrunoBRS
just a creepy easter egg from whoever was drawing the background for that level, though i guess it does literally suit the "dark things you notice in E-rated games" :P

what is that anyway?
#20 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

SMG2

[spoiler]  1 [/spoiler]

tagyhag

some people on a cliff. okay..whats creepy/dark about it?

#21 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

SMG2

[spoiler]  1 [/spoiler]

black_chamber99

some people on a cliff. okay..whats creepy/dark about it?

they're "dark things", get it?
what is that anyway?funsohng
some crap an environment artist at nintendo felt like drawing at one specific spot of one specific level of SMG2 and nowhere else in the entire game.
#22 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2, on that fire/ice level there's things that look like aliens in the background.

Aww beaten to the punch.

#23 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

SMG2

funsohng

what is that anyway?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8-creepy-video-game-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26101 posts) -

final_fantasy_vi-snes-na.jpg

The box doesn't have a Label, but the GBA ReRelease does, which makes it E10+.

600px-FF6AdvanceBoxArt.jpg

This game has a LOT of Death in it and yet they some how manage to not even utter the word.

#26 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27701 posts) -
The Legend of Zelda (series, minus Twilight Princess) Ocarina of Time- Enemies bleeding, even multicolored blood. [spoiler] Ganon getting stabbed in the mouth [/spoiler] Majora's Mask- The apocalypse Wind Waker [spoiler] Link stabbing Ganon in the head [/spoiler]
#27 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26101 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda (series, minus Twilight Princess) Ocarina of Time- Enemies bleeding, even multicolored blood. [spoiler] Ganon getting stabbed in the mouth [/spoiler] Majora's Mask- The apocalypse

Wind Waker [spoiler] Link stabbing Ganon in the head [/spoiler] nintendoboy16

Depression.

#28 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]The Legend of Zelda (series, minus Twilight Princess) Ocarina of Time- Enemies bleeding, even multicolored blood. [spoiler] Ganon getting stabbed in the mouth [/spoiler] Majora's Mask- The apocalypse

Wind Waker [spoiler] Link stabbing Ganon in the head [/spoiler] LegatoSkyheart

Depression.

i'd say depression is a theme throughout most of that game, not just that specific part of it lol.
#29 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

some of you guys are reaching with this stuff

#30 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26101 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]The Legend of Zelda (series, minus Twilight Princess) Ocarina of Time- Enemies bleeding, even multicolored blood. [spoiler] Ganon getting stabbed in the mouth [/spoiler] Majora's Mask- The apocalypse

Wind Waker [spoiler] Link stabbing Ganon in the head [/spoiler] BrunoBRS

Depression.

i'd say depression is a theme throughout most of that game, not just that specific part of it lol.

Isn't that what the article says?

If not then I linked the wrong Article, because the Article stated that at the end of Ocarina of Time when kid Link comes back, he goes on the Adventure to find his lost friend (Navi) probably not because he misses Her, but wants answers. He just came back from a Life Threatening Adventure and Defeated a Dark King. 

Just because he gets to live his childhood doesn't mean he can. He may have very sleepless nights, still thinking he's in Dodongo Cavern or the Fire Temple or may still have nightmares of Morpha or the Shadow Temple.

He can't live his Childhood, and for that he must adventure on and probably has lots of Issues, Majora's Mask has him grow up.

Of course none of that is actually canon though. Both the Manga and Hyrule Historia say nothing about Depression in the Game. Link was just being Link.

#31 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]what is that anyway?BrunoBRS
some crap an environment artist at nintendo felt like drawing at one specific spot of one specific level of SMG2 and nowhere else in the entire game.

The weird part is that the texture is named "Hell Valley Sky Tree," and the background itself is called "Hell Valley." Rumors say there was a level in an early beta called Hell Valley, but I doubt Nintendo would ever have a level like that in a Mario game.
#32 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

mysticstryk

So true.

clicky

pokemon are scary

#33 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34234 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="funsohng"]what is that anyway?1PMrFister

The weird part is that the texture is named "Hell Valley Sky Tree," and the background itself is called "Hell Valley." Rumors say there was a level in an early beta called Hell Valley, but I doubt Nintendo would ever have a level like that in a Mario game.

Well, there was already a Hell level in Super Paper Mario. So there's that.

#34 Posted by GhoX (5221 posts) -
Scribblenauts Unlimited should probably be at the top of the list. It's surprising how many world problems can be solved by various forms and quantities of dead babies in that E-rated game.
#35 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] just a creepy easter egg from whoever was drawing the background for that level, though i guess it does literally suit the "dark things you notice in E-rated games" :Ptagyhag

what is that anyway?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8-creepy-video-game-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

The earthbound one is really messed up
#36 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9469 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

funsohng

The first one cracked me up :P
#37 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] some crap an environment artist at nintendo felt like drawing at one specific spot of one specific level of SMG2 and nowhere else in the entire game.DJ-Lafleur

Oh yeah, there was that, although it had the silly name of "The Underwhere." :P Also forgot something else from Paper Mario: TTYD that's dark. How about the fact that Rogueport has a gallows right in the middle of the town square? That's rather explicit for a Nintendo game.
#38 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"] The weird part is that the texture is named "Hell Valley Sky Tree," and the background itself is called "Hell Valley." Rumors say there was a level in an early beta called Hell Valley, but I doubt Nintendo would ever have a level like that in a Mario game.1PMrFister

Oh yeah, there was that, although it had the silly name of "The Underwhere." :P Also forgot something else from Paper Mario: TTYD that's dark. How about the fact that Rogueport has a gallows right in the middle of the town square? That's rather explicit for a Nintendo game.

you guys are a bit too sensitive lol, that kind of stuff is played for comedy as much as it's played for horrifying murder. same with the dead toad outline in one of the houses (though that got censored)
#39 Posted by Minishdriveby (10302 posts) -

Giygas_Fetus.png

This and the fact that Giygas was based off of a rape secene in a movie that the director saw as a child.

#40 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Giygas_Fetus.png

This and the fact that Giygas was based off of a rape secene in a movie that the director saw as a child.

Minishdriveby

He thought it was Rape because the women was murdered after that scene.

Giygas

#41 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -
Uuummm.. what?!? This probably should have been blogged.
#42 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Giygas_Fetus.png

Nintendo_Ownes7

Giygas

i swear to god, that piece of dialogue was creepy enough on its own, and should never be posted right after explaining the context that led to its creation.
#43 Posted by Minishdriveby (10302 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Giygas_Fetus.png

Nintendo_Ownes7

Giygas

Yeah I should have made it clear that it was a distorted memory of the director. Still the character is based off of rape because that's what the director thought it was. 

#44 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the only two that really come to mind. I generally don't play many E-rated games.
#45 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Giygas_Fetus.png

Minishdriveby
I don't get what I'm supposed to be looking at. Does this have to do with that whole "Giygas is a fetus" fan theory?
#46 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pokemonbackwards.jpg

#47 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Giygas_Fetus.png

1PMrFister
I don't get what I'm supposed to be looking at. Does this have to do with that whole "Giygas is a fetus" fan theory?

it's not really a fan theory. and it does look like a f*cked up ultrasound.
#48 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
I'm surprised so many are just finding out about gigyas and the last 1/4th of the game. It's why deadly premonition has been compared to earthbound - very charming but extremely creepy at the same time.
#49 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
I'm surprised so many are just finding out about gigyas and the last 1/4th of the game. It's why deadly premonition has been compared to earthbound - very charming but extremely creepy at the same time. Some-Mist
it's not as much "just now finding out" as it is "we're pointing it out because this topic is about pointing out that kind of stuff"
#50 Posted by Minishdriveby (10302 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Giygas_Fetus.png

1PMrFister

Whether or not Giygas is an actual fetus is up for debate, but there's no denying the overarching theme of Mother and Child in the games.