Dark Souls II new final boss and ending (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCcR5Otm8Kk

To trigger it, meet him in one of the primal bonfires, Undead Crypt, and Dragon Shrine and exhaust his dialogue, kill Vendrick, and then kill Nashandra, you will fight him after and unlock the new ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Is this for real?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Is this for real?

probably one of the new bosses for the big update of sofs.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Was the hud always that big? Must be the biggest in the series. I don't remember it being that large.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Sweeeet

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 texasgoldrush

@Krelian-co said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Is this for real?

probably one of the new bosses for the big update of sofs.

Its a new NPC and boss

It is now possible to fight Throne Watcher and Defender, Nashandra, and Aldia: Scholar of the First Sin back to back to back.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mr-powers said:

Was the hud always that big? Must be the biggest in the series. I don't remember it being that large.

You are right the hud i very big maybe it's the console version, or he's playing it at low res.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Is it really possible to spoil the Story For Dark Souls..... its got a fuckton of gaps in it.....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@scottpsfan14:

I don't know.... maybe ?

If you don't believe I know what makes a game good then I'l just I know what makes a game bad..... infact that fits better since I do more bashing than I do praising....

Besides.... when did I give you the impression I'm hard to please ? I'm easily pleased by Local Co-Op.....

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: what story?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

crappy bullet sponge. that boss is all what's wrong with Dark Souls 2 compared to Dark Souls.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 texasgoldrush

@silversix_ said:

crappy bullet sponge. that boss is all what's wrong with Dark Souls 2 compared to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls 1 had some terrible bosses that were either complete jokes or cheap as hell.

While DS1 had better bosses than DS2, DS1 also had worse bosses.

Capra demon, Ceaseless discharge, Stray demon, Pinwheel, the first Seath encounter, Crossbreed Priscialla...DS1 has some very clunky bosses. At least DS2 bosses were all serviceable if not great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@silversix_ said:

Dark Souls 1 had some terrible bosses that were either complete jokes or cheap as hell.

Capra demon, Ceaseless discharge, Stray demon, Pinwheel, the first Seath encounter, Crossbreed Priscialla...DS1 has some very clunky bosses. At least DS2 bosses were all serviceable if not great.

Wait capra demon was a bad boss fight? To me it was pretty memorable.

As for this particular boss in ds2, it reminds me of the final boss in demon souls before the ending.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 texasgoldrush

@Gamerno6666 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@silversix_ said:

As for this particular boss in ds2, it reminds me of the final boss in demon souls before the ending.

horrible boss fight, its very poorly designed, no boss should kill you in 2 seconds after you enter the room, not only that the path to the boss room from the bonfire is infuriating. Its cheap more than challenge.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@_Matt_:

Exactly ! ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Gamerno6666:

Yeah it was memorable.... its very easy to remenber getting jumped by an instakill attack in 2 seconds as Texas already mentioned..... its also easy to remember the tedious retracking path back to the boss fight only to survive the opening attack and get killed by the dogs...... forcing another retracking through that same annoying path.... but ya know what the most memorable part is...... no its not killing the Capra Demon.... its the fucking shortcut leading back to firelink shrine that I didn't see in my 30 attempts at trying to kill that goat headed motherfucker !

To give you some idea about what my playthrough was like.... The Gaping Dragon was the 15th Boss I killed..... I almost finnished the game without ever stepping foot inside The Depths....

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_

@texasgoldrush said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@silversix_ said:

horrible boss fight, its very poorly designed, no boss should kill you in 2 seconds after you enter the room, not only that the path to the boss room from the bonfire is infuriating. Its cheap more than challenge.

git gud scrub

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 texasgoldrush

@silversix_ said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@silversix_ said:

git gud scrub

got gud, but that doesn't mean it wasn't poorly designed.

First its luck, it is all what the Capra demon does first and how and where the dogs stun lock you. Second, the boss is stupid, its easy to cheese him after the dogs are dead. It was a poorly designed fight

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silversix_

@texasgoldrush: lol i remember my first time on this boss using a Claymore. Trying to pull the dogs on the stairs to kill em but the Clay kept hitting and bouncing off walls, shit annoyed the f out of me back in 2011 haha.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

And why are all the Venders so god damn Far Away from The Bonfires..... I think Andre of Astora is the only vender who doesn't have a single enemy between him and his Bonfire.... I have kill to reach The Giant everytime I wana buy something..... I have to kill to reach Vamos.....

If Miyazaki really wanted to be an ass hole he'd should have just place all the venders on an tiny island sorrounded by lava in the Demon Ruins guarded by 11 Ghosts hidden underground so that they can hit you but you can't hit them........and then just to be an even Bigger Asshole you get Gravelorded everytime you enter the area.....