Dark Souls II dx11 wll be discounted on PC...

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

...for those who have the old version

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/27/8300373/dark-souls-2-scholar-sin-pc-steam-upgrade-price-directx11

Just like Deus Ex Human revolution and the Metro games, if you own the old version, you are discounted on the new one.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It's a decent deal if you never played the DLC. However, I bet for fans who bought the game and the season pass will end up feeling ripped off.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

So it should. I know the extra graphical work did cost the developers money, but there's no way it should go for anything more than $10.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the fact that they're charging is already a joke as is. and what's the point of DkS2 when everyone who cares about the franchise is playing BB?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

@JangoWuzHere said:

It's a decent deal if you never played the DLC. However, I bet for fans who bought the game and the season pass will end up feeling ripped off.

However, in the dx11 version, the levels have far different enemy placement and item placement.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 texasgoldrush

@silversix_ said:

the fact that they're charging is already a joke as is. and what's the point of DkS2 when everyone who cares about the franchise is playing BB?

Because people don't always have PS4's, and second, I do not want to be forced to play one build or playstyle like in Bloodborne.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@silversix_ said:

That's a pretty lame attitude to have. They're all great games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silversix_

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

they're excellent but dks2 is 1y old, i think that everyone who wanted to play it already played it enough.

Avatar image for popeanonymousxv
PopeAnonymousXV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 PopeAnonymousXV
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

they're excellent but dks2 is 1y old, i think that everyone who wanted to play it already played it enough.

Dark Souls is still being played heavily, and it's older than that. Dark Souls 2 plays very differently from Bloodborne, they both have their appeal.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

So one year old means no one can want to play it anymore? That makes no sense.

Now I'm not interested in Dark Souls, nor do I agree that what is pretty much just a graphical upgrade should be priced like this. I think it should've been free for existing season pass owners at the very least.

But there's no doubt that this is a good package for those who want to start now, and the idea that just one year old means it's too late is honestly laughable. People pick up games much, much later sometimes.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 texasgoldrush

@starjet905 said:

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

So one year old means no one can want to play it anymore? That makes no sense.

Now I'm not interested in Dark Souls, nor do I agree that what is pretty much just a graphical upgrade should be priced like this. I think it should've been free for existing season pass owners at the very least.

But there's no doubt that this is a good package for those who want to start now, and the idea that just one year old means it's too late is honestly laughable. People pick up games much, much later sometimes.

Once again, this new edition is not just a graphical update, but a game changer. Its level design is going to be very different.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

video games don't have an expiration date. Not everyone rushes to get a game when it releases..some wait afew months and others wait years.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

So is this update going to make the game look like the original trailers? Whatever the case, I'm not buying this until it's 5 bucks.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Paying money for a graphics update should at least entitle you to the original lighting engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well..... its something.

Can't say I'm happy though.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

JUST TELL ME THE PRICE SO I DON'T CLICK ON A POLYGON ARTICLE

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

video games don't have an expiration date. Not everyone rushes to get a game when it releases..some wait afew months and others wait years.

Dude calls Destiny a shit hole.............puts 500+ hours into it. Take it from where it comes.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

$50 for the DX11 version for a first time purchaser.

$30 for DX11 if you own DS2 and none of the DLC.

$20 for DX11 if you own DS2 and all of the DLC.

Seems like a ripoff for DLC owners as far as I'm concerned. Some small asset and game updates really aren't worth a full 20 dollars on their own. I could maybe see 5-10 as justifiable.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_

@cainetao11 said:

@lawlessx said:

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

Dude calls Destiny a shit hole.............puts 500+ hours into it. Take it from where it comes.

what's your point? you don't seem to understand that when there's nothing released worth buying and Destiny is all you have, you play what's available and stfu until a new game comes out. There's probably hundreds of thousands of people who've played/still playing Destiny out of boredom. About DkS2, even if you waited a year, the current version is perfectly fine with gedosato mod... The only good thing about this DX11 version is the fact that they're removing soul memory but if you aren't into pvp this is a useless change for you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cainetao11

@silversix_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@lawlessx said:

@silversix_ said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

what's your point? you don't seem to understand that when there's nothing released worth buying and Destiny is all you have, you play what's available and stfu until a new game comes out. There's probably hundreds of thousands of people who've played/still playing Destiny out of boredom. About DkS2, even if you waited a year, the current version is perfectly fine with gedosato mod... The only good thing about this DX11 version is the fact that they're removing soul memory but if you aren't into pvp this is a useless change for you.

To each his own, but.........gamers I speak to, even on this site say WTF? Just play something you love again or..............go outside!!! "Me thinks she dost protest too much"- Shakespeare

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_

@cainetao11: lol play something i like... what good game came out after September? Right about nothing. Going outside is not an answer when i normally play late night or am i supposed to go outside at 1am? Okay will do next time.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I don't understand why they made dx9 and dx11 separate games.

Do they not know what PC is?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Should be free.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cainetao11

@silversix_ said:

@cainetao11: lol play something i like... what good game came out after September? Right about nothing. Going outside is not an answer when i normally play late night or am i supposed to go outside at 1am? Okay will do next time.

Hey, I am a New Yorker. Plenty to do in this city at 1 AM. Why cant you go back and play games? Are graphics that important to you that you can't enjoy the medium's classics?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
@silversix_ said:

Lol, totally.

The original Dark Souls on PC still has a huge community.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_

@cainetao11 said:

@silversix_ said:

Hey, I am a New Yorker. Plenty to do in this city at 1 AM. Why cant you go back and play games? Are graphics that important to you that you can't enjoy the medium's classics?

YOU are a new yorker. I mostly play games every day and what you're suggesting is for me to go outside at 1am every day instead of playing Destiny. Makes a lot of sense. By going back, you mean old games? Old games that interested me are already beaten, i don't replay random games i've beaten a decade ago, i want new games, not old shit i know by heart.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cainetao11

@silversix_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@silversix_ said:

YOU are a new yorker. I mostly play games every day and what you're suggesting is for me to go outside at 1am every day instead of playing Destiny. Makes a lot of sense. By going back, you mean old games? Old games that interested me are already beaten, i don't replay random games i've beaten a decade ago, i want new games, not old shit i know by heart.

Well different strokes for different folks I guess. I am thankful I am not you or like you. I love this hobby and medium, and the day I cant enjoy a game from any era is when I am done playing.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Still charging people who already own the game.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

It's sort of a ripoff if you do own any of the DLC, but they're €10 (9.99) each, so considering the Season Pass is €25, it's a good deal if you don't.

@parkurtommo said:

Adblock and Ghostery makes it safe :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

...for those who have the old version

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/27/8300373/dark-souls-2-scholar-sin-pc-steam-upgrade-price-directx11

Just like Deus Ex Human revolution and the Metro games, if you own the old version, you are discounted on the new one.

This is how it should work. Steam knows if you have the game in your account, and so there should always be a discount for people who own the original version.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Sound like a cash grab. They should've offered free update to those who already own the game.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:

Sound like a cash grab. They should've offered free update to those who already own the game.

Its not free, they overhauled the game. In fact they have more cause to charge than SquareEnix did with Human Revolution.

Once again, the levels are going to be very different, with new enemies and items, and many areas are tweaked as well, some with added shortcuts.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Should be free.

Do you drive trucks or do you just like looking at them? Just asking here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Guess we'll just have to wait for the modding community to upscale the game for free.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Should be free.

I drive them. The one in my sig is the one I'm training with.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By clyde46

@foxhound_fox said:

@clyde46 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Should be free.

I drive them. The one in my sig is the one I'm training with.

Fellow trucker! *Fist bump*

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

Nice. Where/what do you drive?

EDIT: Picture didn't post.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#39 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@silversix_ said:

You're surprised silversix has that mood?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By clyde46

@foxhound_fox said:

@clyde46 said:

Nice. Where/what do you drive?

EDIT: Picture didn't post.

Shes got a fat ass too.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

that's a sweet deal because it is important to not pay full price for a game that you gush on about how great it is to everyone then never play like every single guy i know irl that ever bought any of the souls game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

Shes got a fat ass too.

You just run the truck, or do you pull a tandem trailer as well?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clyde46

@foxhound_fox: I don't have the license for a trailer yet. We have two classes here for large goods vehicles. Class 1 and Class 2. I have Class 2 which allows me to drive rigid vehicles up to a max gross weight of 32 tons or 70,000lbs. Class 1 allows you to drive either a Wagon and Drag which is like the truck I drive but has a trailer on the back.

Thats a wagon and drag.

Class 1 also allows you to drive what we call Artics or tractor and trailer units. Both can be up to 44 tons maximum gross weight or 97,000lbs.

This is an artic.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I find this an alright deal since I didn't touch any of the DLCs, and this may give me the incentive to dive into those, on top of a revamped game. However, I'm quite concerned just how much this will split the community.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

@foxhound_fox: I don't have the license for a trailer yet. We have two classes here for large goods vehicles. Class 1 and Class 2. I have Class 2 which allows me to drive rigid vehicles up to a max gross weight of 32 tons or 70,000lbs. Class 1 allows you to drive either a Wagon and Drag which is like the truck I drive but has a trailer on the back.

Thats a wagon and drag.

Class 1 also allows you to drive what we call Artics or tractor and trailer units. Both can be up to 44 tons maximum gross weight or 97,000lbs.

This is an artic.

Takes me back to Euro Truck Sim 2, lol. What country are you from?

We don't really have gross weight "limits" here per se (the DOT still enforces weights per axle though). So long as one has the axle, it's weight is added to the gross allowable total. In Alberta for instance, tri-drive tractor units are not uncommon (i.e 8x6). In the US, there are limits on number of axles without permits (I think the most they can have is a tandem drive tractor with a tri-axle trailer, anything more requires some kind of permit or special registration... but I could be wrong).

With the equipment my company has, the absolute maximum weight we can pull in Canada is 63,500 kg on a B-train setup (two trailers), 46,500 kg on the tri-axle trailer in my sig, or 39,500 kg on a tandem axle trailer. I delivered a load of 3/8" sheet steel yesterday that weighed about 34,000 kg. It was crazy heavy, and took up very little space on the trailer (maybe 3m W x 4m L x .75m H).You drive automatic or manual?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46

@foxhound_fox said:

@clyde46 said:

Thats a wagon and drag.

This is an artic.

Takes me back to Euro Truck Sim 2, lol. What country are you from?

We don't really have gross weight "limits" here per se (the DOT still enforces weights per axle though). So long as one has the axle, it's weight is added to the gross allowable total. In Alberta for instance, tri-drive tractor units are not uncommon (i.e 8x6). In the US, there are limits on number of axles without permits (I think the most they can have is a tandem drive tractor with a tri-axle trailer, anything more requires some kind of permit or special registration... but I could be wrong).

With the equipment my company has, the absolute maximum weight we can pull in Canada is 63,500 kg on a B-train setup (two trailers), 46,500 kg on the tri-axle trailer in my sig, or 39,500 kg on a tandem axle trailer. I delivered a load of 3/8" sheet steel yesterday that weighed about 34,000 kg. It was crazy heavy, and took up very little space on the trailer (maybe 3m W x 4m L x .75m H).You drive automatic or manual?

I'm from the UK but we follow EU rules. The total allowed weight for the truck is 44 tons. That is everything, the tractor, the trailer, the load and you the driver. It also depends on the number of axles you have as each axle can have a different load weight. You also have to think about positioning the load as our axles don't move, they are fixed to the chassis.

So for my truck, my front axle is rated at 7.5 tons (I think, I'm trying to remember off the top of my head) but 5 ton or so of that is taken by the engine and cab so I only have about a ton and a half for loading. The drive axle can take 11.5 tons and the tag axle can take 8.5 tons.

Steel is horrible to move. I'm on general haulage so i can pick up anything. I mostly do paper. The other day I took 5.5ton to a place near Manchester. The most I've had to take is 12 ton.

Ignore the back axles, I run air suspension with auto road sensing which will level the truck depending on weight. I took this before I did that.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

I'm from the UK but we follow EU rules. The total allowed weight for the truck is 44 tons. That is everything, the tractor, the trailer, the load and you the driver. It also depends on the number of axles you have as each axle can have a different load weight. You also have to think about positioning the load as our axles don't move, they are fixed to the chassis.

So for my truck, my front axle is rated at 7.5 tons (I think, I'm trying to remember off the top of my head) but 5 ton or so of that is taken by the engine and cab so I only have about a ton and a half for loading. The drive axle can take 11.5 tons and the tag axle can take 8.5 tons.

Steel is horrible to move. I'm on general haulage so i can pick up anything. I mostly do paper. The other day I took 5.5ton to a place near Manchester. The most I've had to take is 12 ton.

Ignore the back axles, I run air suspension with auto road sensing which will level the truck depending on weight. I took this before I did that.

Nice. I just started actually working, so I'm still learning so many things all at once. I'm glad my company wants me to spend a lot of time training.

Also, that's some good load securement. I was shown so many examples of bad and terrible load securement of "what not to do". It's a huge responsibility that nobody who doesn't drive truck really understands these days... and they just expect their goods to show up on time.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By clyde46

@foxhound_fox: If you are taking paper you always secure it, no matter what. The other day I was taking reels that weighed in at 1.5 tons each and they were taking in pairs. If one of those gets lose, your curtain anit going to stop it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 foxhound_fox

@clyde46 said:

@foxhound_fox: If you are taking paper you always secure it, no matter what. The other day I was taking reels that weighed in at 1.5 tons each and they were taking in pairs. If one of those gets lose, your curtain anit going to stop it.

Yeah, I was complimenting you on your dedication to making sure that it's secure. :P I've seen pictures of some pretty bad attempts to secure a load, and they usually end up hurting people, or the driver.

There was actually a situation here in my city several months ago where a driver was transporting some lengths of steel, and didn't properly secure them (I think there was a total of 4 straps, and no bulkhead) and ended up getting sliced in half by them and declared dead on scene. In North America, the DOT (Department of Transportation) fines both driver and their company if they inspect a load and it's not properly secured.

And then there are the countless people that complain that the DOT even exists and just "gets in their way".

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clyde46

@foxhound_fox said:

@clyde46 said:

Yeah, I was complimenting you on your dedication to making sure that it's secure. :P I've seen pictures of some pretty bad attempts to secure a load, and they usually end up hurting people, or the driver.

There was actually a situation here in my city several months ago where a driver was transporting some lengths of steel, and didn't properly secure them (I think there was a total of 4 straps, and no bulkhead) and ended up getting sliced in half by them and declared dead on scene. In North America, the DOT (Department of Transportation) fines both driver and their company if they inspect a load and it's not properly secured.

And then there are the countless people that complain that the DOT even exists and just "gets in their way".

Here, VOSA or the DVSA as they are called with fine you for every pallet not strapped and its you that gets fined. The instant you take that truck out on the road, you are responsible for everything on it, thats even before we start getting into daily running of the truck. I think the list for things VOSA doesn't fine you for is a lot shorter.

Going over your hours - Fine
Not enough daily or weekly rest - Fine
Not securing load - Fine
Having a light out - Fine
Having a bald tire - Fine
Being overweight - Fine

List goes on.

For steel here we use chains especially if its sheet steel, straps just get ripped.