Dark Souls II Announced! - New Info up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
#102 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

fromsoftware is probably my favorite dev this gen.

#103 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

The first game I will preorder for the Collector's Edition in 5+ years.I regret not getting the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls so much.

I am so hyped, and so ready for this.

#104 Posted by princeofshapeir (14688 posts) -
Amazing to see so much hype over one pre-rendered cinematic.
#105 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Amazing to see so much hype over one pre-rendered cinematic. princeofshapeir

Dark Souls is that good. Just spent the last 30 mins talking to BrunoBRS over lots of theories about what's in the trailer. The game sparks so much thinking.

#106 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -
I actually thought the trailer was quite underwhelming and didn't feel much like a demon/dark souls title all that much. I'm just excited to see another (hopefully) fantastic game coming for a series I love.
#107 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes. I just hope they put out a PC version that doesn't require modding just to get more than 720p and 30 fps.

#108 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

And wow, the last of us is looking pretty fantastic, did they shake the popcorn headed zombie Idea? They look different now.

#109 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Neat. Hopefully it won't just be a copy-paste retread of the first game.
#110 Posted by jg4xchamp (49319 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Amazing to see so much hype over one pre-rendered cinematic. seanmcloughlin

Dark Souls is that good. Just spent the last 30 mins talking to BrunoBRS over lots of theories about what's in the trailer. The game sparks so much thinking.

So well executed. Combat feels right, tons of depth and customization options, impressive boss fights, an interesting online component, and just an all around different mentality from the rest of the games on the market. My worry with this game though is that if it's this year, that's another 2 year dev cycle, and it's like ....are they even going to change a lot? Because there were definitely moments in Dark Souls where I was wondering if I was already done with this type of game.
#111 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Amazing to see so much hype over one pre-rendered cinematic. jg4xchamp

So well executed. Combat feels right, tons of depth and customization options, impressive boss fights, an interesting online component, and just an all around different mentality from the rest of the games on the market. My worry with this game though is that if it's this year, that's another 2 year dev cycle, and it's like ....are they even going to change a lot? Because there were definitely moments in Dark Souls where I was wondering if I was already done with this type of game.

If only Bethesda could take a page from that book, then maybe the games wouldn't feel like such a chore after a few hours, just maybe.
#112 Posted by tubbyc (3784 posts) -

I really couldn't care less about the trailer, except that it's confirmation of another Souls game. Then again, I probably would have been excited about whatever new RPG From Software was doing next.

#113 Posted by jg4xchamp (49319 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

ReadingRainbow4

If only Bethesda could take a page from that book, then maybe the games wouldn't feel like such a chore after a few hours, just maybe.

Morrowind I remember was pretty good in spite of some short comings in its combat. I'm not a fan of Oblivion. Still need to get SKyrim. One day.
#114 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] So well executed. Combat feels right, tons of depth and customization options, impressive boss fights, an interesting online component, and just an all around different mentality from the rest of the games on the market. My worry with this game though is that if it's this year, that's another 2 year dev cycle, and it's like ....are they even going to change a lot? Because there were definitely moments in Dark Souls where I was wondering if I was already done with this type of game.

Morrowind I remember was pretty good in spite of some short comings in its combat. I'm not a fan of Oblivion. Still need to get SKyrim. One day.

Oh yeah morrowind was great, it had crap combat also but back then it was more acceptable. There is really no excuse now for Bethesda to not improve it, they tried with skyrim but it was a drop in an ocean. The thing that made morrowind great was it's story, plus the setting was very fantastical.
#115 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

I hope they make some more sense of the story, not that it's the most important thing.

tubbyc

I wouldn't mind a codex or something. Lore seems like their strong suit.

Then again, the minimal exposition was part of the mystique of Demon's Souls, and I assume Dark Souls as well.

#116 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]Amazing to see so much hype over one pre-rendered cinematic. jg4xchamp

It will definitely disappoint on some level. Almost impossible not to, the hype will be huge. I just hope it expands well on the lore. The depth of story in DS1 alone is enough for a full trilogy so I'm interested to see how they go about it. Seems like they're travelling to the past more from what I've seen in the trailer. Can't wait

#117 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
Oh CGI trailer. Lemme know when they actually show the game.
#118 Posted by kickass1337 (149 posts) -

Im very interested in the painted world or ariamis parts shown, the bridge and the castle. The castle is ruined in Dark Souls but intact in Dark Souls 2. very curious

seanmcloughlin
maybe it's about an earlier story where u try to link the fire as an undead and fail
#119 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10711 posts) -
I'll be honest, I'm like a big Demon's/Dark Souls fan and I knew it was Dark Souls II when they said it was the sequel to last year's hard game.... anyways...as the trailer started playing, I really really really questioned if that was actually a Souls game. The pre-rendered stuff and so much action made me question if it was really a souls game. Why the need for sooo much fast-paced action? The souls games are much slower than that. Hopefully that doesn't mean any big changes in the gameplay formula. Still happy it got announced though.
#120 Posted by Dead-Memories (6586 posts) -

YlMDB.gif

almost made it to 1k GS on Dark Souls (840 on 360), an enthralling, majestic unrivaled gaming experience for this generation, truly. I'm finally looking forward to something more this generation!

#121 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

I'll be honest, I'm like a big Demon's/Dark Souls fan and I knew it was Dark Souls II when they said it was the sequel to last year's hard game.... anyways...as the trailer started playing, I really really really questioned if that was actually a Souls game. The pre-rendered stuff and so much action made me question if it was really a souls game. Why the need for sooo much fast-paced action? The souls games are much slower than that. Hopefully that doesn't mean any big changes in the gameplay formula. Still happy it got announced though.ShadowDeathX
The trailer really wasn't the best, It felt like more like something bioware would put out. I want a hopelessly dark world, swallowed in a blanket of despair. Make it obvious that any form of a kind god is either dead or has stopped caring, that's from software at it's best.

#122 Posted by tubbyc (3784 posts) -

[QUOTE="tubbyc"]

I hope they make some more sense of the story, not that it's the most important thing.

Cherokee_Jack

I wouldn't mind a codex or something. Lore seems like their strong suit.

Then again, the minimal exposition was part of the mystique of Demon's Souls, and I assume Dark Souls as well.

That's true too, plus I don't like to read a lot during games. I'm thinking it will make more sense with the new details this sequel will provide. It will be interesting anyway.

Edit: Oh, apparently there'll be a new story and new hero.

#123 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

The MP uses Servers again!

#124 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I hope they make some more sense of the story, not that it's the most important thing.tubbyc
Check out EpicNameBro on Youtube. He explains everything.
#125 Posted by charizard1605 (59726 posts) -

Dark SoulsIt's super cheap... Do I bite?

#126 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

charizard1605

Yes. Do it. Now.

or I'll be so disappointed in you Chaz!

#127 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

I'll be honest, I'm like a big Demon's/Dark Souls fan and I knew it was Dark Souls II when they said it was the sequel to last year's hard game.... anyways...as the trailer started playing, I really really really questioned if that was actually a Souls game. The pre-rendered stuff and so much action made me question if it was really a souls game. Why the need for sooo much fast-paced action? The souls games are much slower than that. Hopefully that doesn't mean any big changes in the gameplay formula. Still happy it got announced though.ShadowDeathX

It was a trailer revealed at the VGAs, you think they were gonna show slow stuff? They'd all stop paying attention :P

#128 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

charizard1605

Stupid question

#129 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It's super cheap... Do I bite?charizard1605
You haven't played it yet? Good god man!
#130 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="tubbyc"] I hope they make some more sense of the story, not that it's the most important thing.Zeviander

And I can't wait for him to talk about this trailer now. he likely caught a lot of sh!t I missed. Little hints. His videos are great

#131 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]It's super cheap... Do I bite?Zeviander
You haven't played it yet? Good god man!

You see chaz? you see how foolish you are?

#132 Posted by Vaasman (11687 posts) -

This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series. The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.Tomohiro Shibuya

Dragon Age 2 2 confirmed.

#133 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

http://i2.minus.com/isW7w2U6hvKJF.jpg

Background if anyone wants one.

#134 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

Thefatness16

!

#135 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

I sure it going to be another great game. I couldn't get into Demon's Souls however, so I passed on Dark Souls, and will pass on this as well, even through I really like the setting and atmosphere.

#136 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2179 posts) -

charizard1605

YES!!!!

#137 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

Praise the sun!

voary.gif

#138 Posted by Ballroompirate (23477 posts) -

Day 1 buy, same with TLOU.

#139 Posted by tonitorsi (8494 posts) -

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.Tomohiro Shibuya

Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series. FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.Tomohiro Shibuya

This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series. The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.Tomohiro Shibuya

New concept for multiplayer, servers are back, new hero, new story, new "innovative" twists made to the single player that will attract newcomers to the franchise and expanded world.

Sounds too good. Im just happy that servers are back.

#140 Posted by tubbyc (3784 posts) -

[QUOTE="tubbyc"] I hope they make some more sense of the story, not that it's the most important thing.Zeviander

Wow, that's full on, like he's obsessed. Interesting stuff in those videos.

I am glad there'll be a new story though.

#141 Posted by mitu123 (154494 posts) -

Thefatness16

Just amazing, the P2P in Dark Souls is awful!

#142 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -
Day fvcking one
#144 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11981 posts) -

I still need to play the first one :(

Which is weird considering how much I liked Demon's Souls.

#145 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
Horrible memories Blightown, Anor Londo (If there is one moment in the history of my gaming career where I thought I would chuck my controller out of my window, Anor Londo was it), and running around with tons of souls desperately trying to find a bonfire are flooding back to me. Yet, I'm so excited about a Dark Souls ll, I almost want to give it a second run through.
#146 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26762 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

It will definitely disappoint on some level. Almost impossible not to, the hype will be huge. I just hope it expands well on the lore. The depth of story in DS1 alone is enough for a full trilogy so I'm interested to see how they go about it. Seems like they're travelling to the past more from what I've seen in the trailer. Can't wait

story?

#147 Posted by theSADmafioso (482 posts) -

Best news in a long time for me! But the trailer is sadly a generic let down for me because it feels like something epic from Skyrim/Dragon Age, I hope this won't be the mood the actual game is going for, I expected despair, hardships etc from the gameplay trailer.

#148 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_xO_E4DDU&feature=youtu.be.
#149 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
dack soles
#150 Posted by nervmeister (15313 posts) -
I have to finish Dark Souls 1 as soon as possible now.