Dark Souls 2: The Lost Crowns announced * July 22

• 53 results
#51 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I'm sorry but this is total bullshit. Absolute total bullshit.

The devs were questioned about DLC way before the game came out and they said they had no plans but were open to the idea and now here's an episodic DLC a few months after release? That's messed up. If it were CoD or AC or any of those games you guys would be flocking to shit all over this but DS just gets a free pass for being DS.

I'm usually one to praise this series and lap up anything they give me but this is some real shit

#52 Edited by uninspiredcup (8028 posts) -

Surprised all these people are celebrating DLC and pay-to-win tactics.

You guys don't really want the best for your games, do you?

Or do you like being forced to buy DLC to compete in PvP?

In competitive games, most people sit in the same room because by default, hardware alone gives pc gamers an advantage over each other. If it is a competitive game, it will quite obvious have all the content.

And if people aren't buying the content, chances are they aren't a hardcore gamer to begin with. Obviously this doesn't include titles like Call Of Duty, as these are passive games designed for children.

#53 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: no, im certain its because demons souls is just the better game . Why so butthurt? :-\

#54 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17005 posts) -

Glad I waited. Will now wait for GOTY edition.

#55 Posted by SexyJazzCat (911 posts) -

It's going to be hard to top PTDE.

#56 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: no, im certain its because demons souls is just the better game . Why so butthurt? :-\

Lulu isn't butthurt. Just a souls detractor who thinks enjoying souls makes you a masochist.

#57 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10630 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Tell'em Lady ! :p

Also theres nothing wrong with Masochism. Its a lifestyle choice not an Illness.

#58 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10630 posts) -

so theres no need to be ashamed.... Theres a game for everyone ! :D

#59 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

Tell'em Lady ! :p

Also theres nothing wrong with Masochism. Its a lifestyle choice not an Illness.

Errday! ;P

Stop being so wrong.

so theres no need to be ashamed.... Theres a game for everyone ! :D

Whats your poison?

#60 Posted by texasgoldrush (9155 posts) -

• Crown of the Sunken King - July 22, 2014[2]
Crown of the Sunken King sends players on a quest to reclaim the Crown that King Vendrick once owned. With entirely new areas to explore within the Dark Souls II universe, players will find pyramids, underground caverns and unknown foes. It is said that the Ancient crown is buried deep below the surface, but it surely cannot sit unguarded.”
  • Crown of the Old Iron King - August 26, 2014
Crown of the Old Iron King is set in a massive tower engulfed by black mist where flames, smoke and sorcery lurk. Retrieve the crown of the Old Iron King, navigate paths that are not what they appear to be.”
  • Crown of the Ivory King - September 24, 2014
Crown of the Ivory King is set in an ancient temple wrung with freezing storms, towering walls and a hollowing emptiness. Challenged by forces that are one with the freezing elements, low visibility and esoteric abilities.”
#61 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10630 posts) -

@LadyBlue

I get very lonely very quickly so I am total sucker for local co-op games.... :(

and its definately not a choice for me.

#62 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

That's good news. Unfortunately I sold my copy a month ago so I won't get to play it until either a GotY edition comes out or the game is $20 or less.

#63 Posted by silversix_ (14130 posts) -

The devs were questioned about DLC way before the game came out and they said they had no plans but were open to the idea and now here's an episodic DLC a few months after release? That's messed up. If it were CoD or AC or any of those games you guys would be flocking to shit all over this but DS just gets a free pass for being DS.

I'm usually one to praise this series and lap up anything they give me but this is some real shit

well yes that's true but at the same time its not content that is actually missing from DkS2, content we have enough of it, sure as hell they didn't cut anything out to sell for $10/each dlc.

#64 Edited by aroxx_ab (9316 posts) -

Just another reason to wait with buy Darksouls 2, i want the complete "game of the year edition" with all DLC crap included so i can have my collection in physical form in my bookshelf.

I can accept this in games like Battle field and Call of duty but in singleplayer games this feels like crap

#65 Posted by PsychoLemons (2053 posts) -

My thoughts exactly.

#66 Posted by texasgoldrush (9155 posts) -

Please...not another anti-DLC rant. Be thankful for what you get, you'd rather have no DLC?

Nevermind if you want to paint FromSoft as the bad guy, they did release cut content for the first Dark Souls as DLC....but people worshipped them then.

#67 Edited by freedomfreak (39425 posts) -

Well, the Souls franchise is precious.

#68 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Please...not another anti-DLC rant. Be thankful for what you get, you'd rather have no DLC?

Nevermind if you want to paint FromSoft as the bad guy, they did release cut content for the first Dark Souls as DLC....but people worshipped them then.

I'm not "Anti-DLC", Some DLCs are great and I fully support them but I'm against shitty practices regarding DLC.

The DS1 DLC came 10 months after the original game and was most definitely worked on AFTER DS1 was completely finished. It was very much an afterthought and the DLC turned out amazing because of it and is the best DLC I've ever played.

DS2 devs said there was a possibility of DLC but they had no plans yet a few months before the game came out and yet here they are announcing and launching DLC a few months after release. It just doesn't look or sound good. Sure the DLC could end up being amazing but that's yet to be seen and it's not part of my complaint.

Couple all of this with fromsoft showing the old build of the game when it wasn't relevant to the current state of the game,mere weeks before release just doesn't look good for them. They keep looking as if they're lying or misleading people.

#69 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@LadyBlue

I get very lonely very quickly so I am total sucker for local co-op games.... :(

and its definately not a choice for me.

Nothing beats local co-op... but what about online co-op?

#70 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10630 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Nope.... I'm only 22 so my friends are with in reach....... I'm not sure whats gonna happen next year though.... But One thing you can count on is I sure as hell won't be paying to play online......

#71 Posted by CleanPlayer (9790 posts) -

I really hope they release Dark Souls 2 on the PS4 with all the DLC

#72 Posted by silversix_ (14130 posts) -

I really hope they release Dark Souls 2 on the PS4 with all the DLC

of course they will, i'd be ready to bet money on it and it'll be 1080p/60fps. Just look at how everyone is milking the HD ports and this is a popular game released on last gen when current gen was already released so be sure to see this on bone/ps4 by the end of 2014 or early 2015. Im already playing the game with a dualshock 4 on pc with mods so i don't want it for my ps4 as much as i did before the pc release but a Souls game is always the best on the system where hacking is the hardest.

#73 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@LadyBlue

Nope.... I'm only 22 so my friends are with in reach....... I'm not sure whats gonna happen next year though.... But One thing you can count on is I sure as hell won't be paying to play online......

It sucks that both companies charge for online.