Dark Souls 2: The Lost Crowns announced * July 22

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5522 posts) -

F*CK YEAH MORE DARK SOULS

Loading Video...

The season pass will cost $25 and will include "3 DLC packs unlocking 3 brand new areas, fearsome new bosses and hosts of new enemies and contents,".

The titles for each chapter, and their release dates, are:

  • The Crown of the Sunken King - July 22, 2014
  • The Crown of the Old Iron King - August 26, 2014
  • The Crown of the Ivory King - September 24, 2014

Publisher Bandai Namco says the first episode "sends players on a quest to reclaim the Crown that King Vendrick once owned. With an entirely new areas to explore within the Dark Souls II universe, players will find pyramids, underground caverns, and unknown foes. It is said that the Ancient Crown is buried deep below the surface, but surely it cannot sit unguarded?"

The second episode, The Crown of the Old Iron King, references one of the main game's bosses—a monarch-turned-demon who battles the cursed player in a massive lava pool. It'll be interesting to see what we discover about the Old Iron King in the DLC, as many fans have theorized about his relationship to other characters in the game.

#2 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#3 Posted by Blabadon (28968 posts) -

That was quick

But F*CK YEAH MORE DARK SOULS sounds correct TC. This trilogy idea sounds fucking excellent if they pull it off in an innovative fashion.

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

Masochists are stepping over their own children for more instadeaths ! :p

#5 Posted by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

Can't believe they are pulling this crap but screw it i'll bite. I just hope the level design is good. There were only a couple good levels in DS2, most of them were so short and lazy and I can't help but think they saved some good ones for DLC

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16683 posts) -

DS2 had some really shitty level design in most spots. Before you knew it you were through an area.

pretty cool anyway.

#8 Edited by Blabadon (28968 posts) -

Nice trailer too. Can you imagine if they pulled some MC Escher shit with that? So much hnnnnng

Also, "partial nudity?" Was that in Dark Souls 1 or 2?

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

Hangon ! Isn't there going to be a "Prepare To Die Again" Edition with all the DLC for much much less ?

I'm no Masochist but that sounds like a better deal.

#10 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

Next gen announcement. Or gtfo!

#11 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16683 posts) -

@b4x said:

Next gen announcement. Or gtfo!

Miyazaki takes back the reigns with a new franchise that mixes the best of the souls games with Kings quest, Shadow tower elements, makes it exclusive to Sony platforms.

Everyone else get's stuck with B team and their gimp souls :P.

#12 Posted by MillCityMadman (26 posts) -

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

#13 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Day one.

#14 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Nice trailer too. Can you imagine if they pulled some MC Escher shit with that? So much hnnnnng

Also, "partial nudity?" Was that in Dark Souls 1 or 2?

It had the biggest set of tits I've ever seen.

And then there's stuff like Quelaag, but I'm not into that.

#15 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5522 posts) -

@b4x said:

Next gen announcement. Or gtfo!

It's on PC, which is a next gen platform : P

#16 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

F*ck yeaaaaaaaaaaa

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (13602 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 is the Kickass 2 of video games. Not very good.

#18 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

#19 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5522 posts) -

@silversix_ said:
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

You mean like The Drangleic Sword (THE BEST SWORD IN THE GAME) or The Great Royal Sword.

Loading Video...

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@silversix_

Well.... Yes !

#21 Edited by Blabadon (28968 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Blabadon said:

Nice trailer too. Can you imagine if they pulled some MC Escher shit with that? So much hnnnnng

Also, "partial nudity?" Was that in Dark Souls 1 or 2?

It had the biggest set of tits I've ever seen.

And then there's stuff like Quelaag, but I'm not into that.

#22 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

You mean like The Drangleic Sword or The Great Royal Sword.

that is not clay's move set. I hate Drangleic GS. Flameberge looks sick and has awesome range, why does this thing have to apply stupid bleeds since demons souls? Wish flameberge was something like A scaling in Dex, same moveset as claymore/mastodon greatsword and had no bleeds.

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Oh God, not her.

BUT. She is fairly normal sized. The one in Dark Souls is kind of a giant, so hers are automatically bigger.

#24 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5522 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

You mean like The Drangleic Sword or The Great Royal Sword.

that is not clay's move set. I hate Drangleic GS. Flameberge looks sick and has awesome range, why does this thing have to apply stupid bleeds since demons souls? Wish flameberge was something like A scaling in Dex, same moveset as claymore/mastodon greatsword and had no bleeds.

Loading Video...

Honestly the Claymore moveset looks pretty similar to the Drangleic sword, but, in my opininion the Drangleic sword is faster, kinda have longer reach in thrusting and does insane damage when fully upgraded, 400 physical damage.

#25 Edited by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

You mean like The Drangleic Sword or The Great Royal Sword.

that is not clay's move set. I hate Drangleic GS. Flameberge looks sick and has awesome range, why does this thing have to apply stupid bleeds since demons souls? Wish flameberge was something like A scaling in Dex, same moveset as claymore/mastodon greatsword and had no bleeds.

Honestly the Claymore moveset looks pretty similar to the Drangleic sword, but, in my opininion the Drangleic sword is faster, kinda have longer reach in thrusting and does insane damage when fully upgraded, 400 physical.

the 360* swipes of the clay and mastodon GS are unbeatable and both of these have bigger range. 400 damage with 40dex? Because Clay does 411 damage with 40 Str and mastodon 453 with same str.

#26 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5522 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@silversix_ said:
@MillCityMadman said:

A must buy for me, great news. I hope there's a lot of new weapons to find too.

All im asking for is a greatsword with Claymore moveset that scales with Dex :(. Is this too much to ask, FROm????

You mean like The Drangleic Sword or The Great Royal Sword.

that is not clay's move set. I hate Drangleic GS. Flameberge looks sick and has awesome range, why does this thing have to apply stupid bleeds since demons souls? Wish flameberge was something like A scaling in Dex, same moveset as claymore/mastodon greatsword and had no bleeds.

Honestly the Claymore moveset looks pretty similar to the Drangleic sword, but, in my opininion the Drangleic sword is faster, kinda have longer reach in thrusting and does insane damage when fully upgraded, 400 physical.

the 360* swipes of the clay and mastodon GS are unbeatable and both of these have bigger range. 400 damage with 40dex? Because Clay does 411 damage with 40 Str and mastodon 453 with same str.

I was doing 400 damage with 40 strength and 25 dexterity, and as it's mainly a dexterity sword, If I had invested in dexterity, I would have easily delt over 500.

#27 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

Great.... They've already started with the Stat Talk..... Boring !

#28 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

This plus Beast Souls... From Software have really outdone their selves this time.

#29 Edited by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

Love it!

#30 Posted by Heil68 (48355 posts) -

I'll wait for complete edition with all DLC for under $10.

#31 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'll wait for complete edition with all DLC for under $10.

What if it was announced that the rolly cats from DS1 are back, would you buy it then?

#32 Posted by remiks00 (2629 posts) -

I definitely will be buying lol.

#33 Posted by cainetao11 (20208 posts) -

I read some hate for DS2 and wonder if its the beginning of the old usual. If its successful too long, people begin to hate.

#34 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@cainetao11

Ofcourse.... Nobody wants to see their favourite niche game succeed and outgrow them.

I think this type of unlhealthy attachment has a Psychological Term....

Whats it called when you'd rather kill your significant other than see them be happy without you (with someone else) ?

#35 Edited by dommeus (9433 posts) -

yep

#36 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I don't understand why people think DS2 is bad... in my opinion is is better than DS1, sure it would have been nice to have more interconnecting areas, and it would have been nice more rolly cats... but it was better overall.

I must admit the limited enemy respawns did make me cry a little to begin with, but then I found out there is more things to kill then you need to and you can clear out areas to difficult boss fights, or at least take the edge off it.

#37 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

Sorry for people wishing Project Beast is DLC. I wait for that instead, because Dark Soul 2 is huge letdown to me and dumb that they do not release all at one time.

#38 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Great.... They've already started with the Stat Talk..... Boring !

the only rpg around that actually has anything but spam attacks, beat the game in 12hours and be done with it

#39 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@silversix_

Yes instead of better or smarter enemy designs they opted for the Stamina Guage...... Its just easier

I actually Prefer Bayonettas Magic Gauge..... I'm in 100% control of it.

#40 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Meh. I stopped playing ds2 at the castle. Its just not capturing me like demons and ds1 did, although I do like the new combat system. Hoping project beast reignites my passion.

#41 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@AmazonAngry

You can start by doing a Post Mortem.... Find out what killed Dark Souls 2 for you.... Find out why you like Demon Souls in the 1st place.

Who knows... You might learn somthing about yourself...... Perhaps you like being punished for no reason.... :p

#42 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@silversix_

Yes instead of better or smarter enemy designs they opted for the Stamina Guage...... Its just easier

I actually Prefer Bayonettas Magic Gauge..... I'm in 100% control of it.

Don't you worry a hollowed zombie will be taking cover, flank you with his buddies and shoot you with his M1911 in Beast Souls. Bayo is a shallow game you beat in 10h and forget, not comparable.

#43 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@silversix_

".......you beat in 10h and forget....."

This is a Fallacy that comes from gaming back in the old days when beating the game and mastering it was the exact same thing, it also meant you had no reason to go back to it, it also was not fun.

Well...... welcome to the 21 Centuary.... Now developers understand the importance of Tutorials and Accessability. This has created something called a skill gap. Thats the difference between being good enough to finish a game and being good enough to master it. Dark Souls does not have it this.... You don't learn anything or improve once you finnish the game..... All you can do is just keep leveling up as enemies level in NG+.... Most people don't even recognize this arbitrary Cycle....

So to sum things up, Playing Bayonetta on Mommy Mode (Very Easy) just to claim you beat it is pretty pathetic. ;)

#44 Posted by silversix_ (16598 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@silversix_


So to sum things up, Playing Bayonetta on Mommy Mode (Very Easy) just to claim you beat it is pretty pathetic. ;)

presuming i play games aimed at 14y old boys :{

#45 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@silversix_

14 year old boys like games that demand more from Their Skills instead of the Skills of the character they're playing as.....

#46 Edited by KHAndAnime (14933 posts) -

Surprised all these people are celebrating DLC and pay-to-win tactics.

You guys don't really want the best for your games, do you?

Or do you like being forced to buy DLC to compete in PvP?

#47 Edited by Alcapello (1312 posts) -

I wish they would save it for DS3 and focus on getting that out asap.

#48 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19044 posts) -

@KHAndAnime

Why wouldn't they ?

They think Death = Challenge.... if they wana spend $25 Dollars on DLC instead of 3-5 complete games from a few years ago then I say let them.... Logic was never a factor in this territory.

#49 Posted by getyeryayasout (8690 posts) -

More Souls is good Souls, but since I still haven't picked up DSII yet, I'll hold off for the GOTY all inclusive bundle. Keep it coming!

#50 Posted by LadyBlue (4064 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

More Souls is good Souls, but since I still haven't picked up DSII yet, I'll hold off for the GOTY all inclusive bundle. Keep it coming!

Same. I'm sure the game is great, but I have no pressure to get this game right now. Who knows maybe they release it on next gen systems.