Daily Mail Uk: Is it game over for Xbox One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#2 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

You linked me to this...............

http:

#3 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12187 posts) -

The PS4 is indeed the fastest selling console in UK history.

However, try not to read the Daily Mail. For your own sake.

#4 Posted by Chutebox (36224 posts) -

Your link sucks.

#5 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -
#6 Posted by tormentos (16542 posts) -
#7 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#8 Posted by I_can_haz (6490 posts) -

Hmmm....they sold 100,000 more PS4's than MS sold Xbones, very impressive. TLHBO.

#9 Posted by shawn30 (4316 posts) -

I think this qoute sums it up.

"Similarly, IHS has predicted Sony will sell 2.4 million PS4 consoles by the end of 2013, with Microsoft managing a similar amount of 2.2 million Xbox One consoles."

If that comes to pass MS will be singing and dancing in the streets, lol. That alone invalidates the article, but oh well. Things look great for both systems and that's a win for gamers no matter what you prefer.

#10 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

You are seriously quoting that Nazi paper?

#11 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -
#12 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@clyde46: Referring anything to a Nazi, which isn't a Nazi, pretty much invalidates any further communication you may have on this site, including your opinions. Banning you now.

#13 Posted by Randolph (10360 posts) -

No matter what your choice in gaming consoles, you should never frequent the Daily Mail.

#14 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Randolph: Because your opinion differs. Right, my child? Oh no wait... because the are "nazis." Right?

#15 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

@clyde46: Referring anything to a Nazi, which isn't a Nazi, pretty much invalidates any further communication you may have on this site, including your opinions. Banning you now.

Lord Rothermere was a friend of Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, and directed the Mail's editorial stance towards them in the early 1930s.[33][34] Rothermere's 1933 leader "Youth Triumphant" praised the new Nazi regime's accomplishments, and was subsequently used as propaganda by them.[35] In it, Rothermere predicted that "The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing upon Germany". Journalist John Simpson, in a book on journalism, suggested that Rothermere was referring to the violence against Jews and Communists rather than the detention of political prisoners.[36]

Rothermere and the Mail were also editorially sympathetic to Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists.[37] Rothermere wrote an article entitled "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" in January 1934, praising Mosley for his "sound, commonsense, Conservative doctrine",[38] and pointing out that: "Young men may join the British Union of Fascists by writing to the Headquarters, King's Road, Chelsea, London, S.W."[39]

The Spectator condemned Rothermere's article commenting that, "..the Blackshirts, like the Daily Mail, appeal to people unaccustomed to thinking. The average Daily Mail reader is a potential Blackshirt ready made. When Lord Rothermere tells his clientele to go and join the Fascists some of them pretty certainly will."[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail#Early_history

Lawl.

#16 Edited by Randolph (10360 posts) -

@xboxdone74: Because they are the Fox News of the UK, they are just bad at journalism, and appeal exclusively to the absolute worst in people.

#17 Posted by I_can_haz (6490 posts) -

PS4 - 250,000 in 2 days

XB1 - 170,000 in 2 weeks

WiiU - 150,000 In 1 year

Yup, SDC confirmed. Time for Nintendo and MS to give up all hope in UK.

#18 Posted by Scipio8 (609 posts) -

LOL even the PSP sold like hot cakes at launch, how did that work out for Sony? PS4 has no long term vision, the sales will tail off quickly.

#19 Posted by 35cent (877 posts) -

Don't quote the Daily Mail. They suck.

#20 Posted by Dougy_No_1 (11 posts) -

It's just that the xbox one seems so media focused over gaming, which should be it's root and the fee for xbox live gold still is a slap in the face !!

#21 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

News just in!

So and So was snapped entering a gym - Daily Mail

#22 Posted by Heil68 (42724 posts) -

Brilliant sales in the UK. Nobel effort for Sony.

#23 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Scipio8: Uh..psp sold more than the 360 or the ps3. :-(

#24 Edited by I_can_haz (6490 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

LOL even the PSP sold like hot cakes at launch, how did that work out for Sony? PS4 has no long term vision, the sales will tail off quickly.

PSP outsold the PS3 and 360. WTF are you talking about?

#25 Posted by bezza2011 (2228 posts) -

People love to hate end of the day daily mail is a news paper it tells it how it is for the most part, you may think its important about gaming and will slag it and say everything but this fore them is little news and is not being biased towards ps4 just because most of you think so.

#26 Edited by I_can_haz (6490 posts) -

#27 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

PSP outsold the PS3 and 360. WTF are you talking about?

The PSP sold 170K in the UK within the first week I think.