DA: Inquisition vs FarCry 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Which would you recommend to get for PC? I'll probably end up getting both at some point, but money is tight this month with the holidays coming up.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'd get Dragon Age if I were you, I got FC4 for free, but it's not that great. It feels like they Assassin's Creed'd this one, as in it doesn't feel like a full-blown sequel with meaningful changes.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I'd get Dragon Age if I were you, I got FC4 for free, but it's not that great. It feels like they Assassin's Creed'd this one, as in it doesn't feel like a full-blown sequel with meaningful changes.

That's what I was kinda thinking.

Aside from elephants and some snow capped mountains in the background, it looks the same as FarCry 3 in just about every way.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Salt_The_Fries

@Zelda187 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

That's what I was kinda thinking.

Aside from elephants and some snow capped mountains in the background, it looks the same as FarCry 3 in just about every way.

And it's not very polished. I've played like 3 days but I've already got a sizeable gallery of bugs and glitches, they look so bad that I haven't ever encountered anything like it in the entire course of FC3.

What is different, there is lots of minor tweaks to the leveling system, like certain skills are useful from the get-go, like Death from Above, you auto-create syringes when you collect given amount of herbs, you can also use sidearms when travelling in a vehicle. Moreover, you also have an access to the repair tool at all times. There is also a small one-man helicopter without hull from new vehicles. There are also new additional types of quests, like three types of convoy quests, with you having to either hijack a truck and drive it to an outpost, destroy a convoy of three pick-up trucks or defend a truck. There is also a choice when doing main missions, you can side with one of the two main characters and you get different missions.

But that's about it. The environments are uglier, the fauna doesn't seem that interesting, water looks ugly, the races seem totally out of place with blue rings symbolizing checkpoints, at least flares in FC3 looked somewhat believable. I could go on...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Really? DA:I is awesome while FC4 is 'climb this shit to unlock 1 000 000 markers on your screen, do those 1 000 000 markers, climb on another tower to unlock 4 000 000 other copy/pasted markers of the same thing. When you're done, there's 20 more towers to climb each unlocking the same thing, AGAIN.' Its the most repetitive gameplay you can find.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Dragon Age. it's the better product overall, Far cry 4 it's FC3 with rideable elephants, not saying farcry 4 its bad. far from it. but if gonna spend full price for a new game, get the one that actually has a good worth of content, then wait for the other to drop on price a bit.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Other then big worlds they are not the same thing.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Far Cry 4

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

FPS or a Bioware RPG.

Do you want to shoot shoot bang bang things. Or do you want to talk talk bang bang things. Pick one.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I was in this exact same boat earlier this week, just know that you can't really make a bad decision. Both games are great Imo, Far Cry 4 offers a load of open world first person shooter gameplay, while Dragon Age offers open world RPG gameplay.

If you just want to mess around and have fun, FC4 is the obvious choice. The story isn't all that interesting so it's easy to pop into the world, take an outpost, do some crating, do an assassination, etc. Dragon Age is a more committed story telling experience, you really have to be in the mood to listen and pay attention. It really depends what you're in the mood for.

I ended up buying FC4 cause I just loved the 3rd game, and it definitely wasn't a bad choice. The game is a lot of fun, and imo loads better than FC3 (even if it is a little samey feeling). My girlfriend ended up surprising me with Dragon Age yesterday so I now have both, but not enough game time logged to tell you which game I like more overall.

They are both great and you can't lose. Think about what kind of mood you're in, and get that game. Do you want to shoot everything in the face and run around an open world, or have conversations, make choices, build relationships and level up your party? It's up to you bro.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries

@Crypt_mx said:

I was in this exact same boat earlier this week, just know that you can't really make a bad decision. Both games are great Imo, Far Cry 4 offers a load of open world first person shooter gameplay, while Dragon Age offers open world RPG gameplay.

If you just want to mess around and have fun, FC4 is the obvious choice. The story isn't all that interesting so it's easy to pop into the world, take an outpost, do some crating, do an assassination, etc. Dragon Age is a more committed story telling experience, you really have to be in the mood to listen and pay attention. It really depends what you're in the mood for.

I ended up buying FC4 cause I just loved the 3rd game, and it definitely wasn't a bad choice. The game is a lot of fun, and imo loads better than FC3 (even if it is a little samey feeling). My girlfriend ended up surprising me with Dragon Age yesterday so I now have both, but not enough game time logged to tell you which game I like more overall.

They are both great and you can't lose. Think about what kind of mood you're in, and get that game. Do you want to shoot everything in the face and run around an open world, or have conversations, make choices, build relationships and level up your party? It's up to you bro.

I suppose that in a way you're right, bro, but that's all meaningless since you now have best of both worlds. You got a really nice GF.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

If you have any sense, Dragon Age.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points