DA: Inquisition vs D: Original Sin

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@padaporra said:

I played some 40 hours of DAI but I reckon I'm not very far as the story goes (just met Morrigan) and I have to say: DAI is already the best Dragon Age game by FAR. Its story telling is miles ahead of the other two games and the Frostbine engine finally allowed the DA universe to come to life.

As far as combat goes, it's to early to tell. I spent a couple of hours to kill the first Dragon and it was more fun that any dragon fight in previous games. But the combat is indeed very different from previous games with a new kind of balance.

I honestly would say the balance is much better in this game than DA:O, where it feels that each class is good with their strengths and weaknesses.. I managed to beat that game twice but what really stopped me from playing it any more was the fucking awful balance in the game.. Mages were entirely too overpowered compared to the warrior and rogues.. Furthermore if you did not have your main character as a mage you basically was forced to bring one or two of the only mages you could have your party.. Not to mention there were numerous broken or stupid abilities.. The entire shapeshifter specialization for the mage was AWFUL..

It's pretty amusing people like to draw similarities to Baldur's Gate 2, because that game had numerous broken abilities and classes.. (I'm looking at you shapeshifter druid).

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15559 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@padaporra said:

I played some 40 hours of DAI but I reckon I'm not very far as the story goes (just met Morrigan) and I have to say: DAI is already the best Dragon Age game by FAR. Its story telling is miles ahead of the other two games and the Frostbine engine finally allowed the DA universe to come to life.

As far as combat goes, it's to early to tell. I spent a couple of hours to kill the first Dragon and it was more fun that any dragon fight in previous games. But the combat is indeed very different from previous games with a new kind of balance.

I honestly would say the balance is much better in this game than DA:O, where it feels that each class is good with their strengths and weaknesses.. I managed to beat that game twice but what really stopped me from playing it any more was the fucking awful balance in the game.. Mages were entirely too overpowered compared to the warrior and rogues.. Furthermore if you did not have your main character as a mage you basically was forced to bring one or two of the only mages you could have your party.. Not to mention there were numerous broken or stupid abilities.. The entire shapeshifter specialization for the mage was AWFUL..

It's pretty amusing people like to draw similarities to Baldur's Gate 2, because that game had numerous broken abilities and classes.. (I'm looking at you shapeshifter druid).

Eh shapeshifters weren't that OP in my opinion. Cavalier and Wizard Slayer is where the real op shit is at. Cav is basically invincible and WS stacks spell failure on hit while also having passive MR. So OP against heavy spellcasters like the drow and vampires, even the dragons sometimes.

Cav + Carsomyr means you win the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Vaasman said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@padaporra said:

Eh shapeshifters weren't that OP in my opinion. Cavalier and Wizard Slayer is where the real op shit is at. Cav is basically invincible and WS stacks spell failure on hit while also having passive MR. So OP against heavy spellcasters like the drow and vampires, even the dragons sometimes.

Cav + Carsomyr means you win the game.

Oh I didn't mean the shapeshifter was OP.. More along the lines that it was a PIECE OF SHIT.. That the designers didn't properly balance it out.. Quite literally half the classes in BG2 were underpowered or worthless, compared to many of the overpowered classes..

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@sSubZerOo

Its them stats ! They ruining everything :(

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@bussinrounds said:

@texasgoldrush: And why should we care about some shitty mainstream video game award popularity contest again ??

And why should we care about some butthurt old school RPG elitist opinion?

Does anyone actually take the VGA's seriously, especially after last year?

Those elitsts are significantly more knowledgeable about the genre than the vast majority. I value the consensus of the educated/knowledgeable elite, not the ignorant masses. If I did I might have been a creationist or a homeopath. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a better game for the average joe, but for the enthusiast of the genre, especially of tactical RPGs, Divinity: Original Sin is the better game.

Anyways, my point is. You don't have to be "so hardcore" to prefer Divinity: Original Sin to Dragon Age: Inquisiiton or consider it the better game.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#156 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14889 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@bussinrounds said:

@texasgoldrush: And why should we care about some shitty mainstream video game award popularity contest again ??

Those elitsts are significantly more knowledgeable about the genre than the vast majority. I value the consensus of the educated/knowledgeable elite, not the ignorant masses. If I did I might have been a creationist or a homeopath. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a better game for the average joe, but for the enthusiast of the genre, especially of tactical RPGs, Divinity: Original Sin is the better game.

Anyways, my point is. You don't have to be "so hardcore" to prefer Divinity: Original Sin to Dragon Age: Inquisiiton or consider it the better game.

Or maybe because these enthusiasts of the genre is stuck in the past and refuse to accept the evolution of the genre. That they want the same old game that does the same things over and over. There like old grandpa, always trying to talk about the "good ol' days".

Maybe more people like DAI over DOS because perhaps it does a lot more things better. Ever get it through your head?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@bussinrounds said:

let me laugh at that, most of those elitist dumbasses haven't played dragon age for some moronic reason, they are far from "educated/knowledgeable" you just want to hear them repeat your own opinion. Very few people have actually played and finished both (myself included) and Dragon Age IS THE BETTER GAME, you may want to use any spin/excuse you want, now you may PREFER divinity, but that doesn't make it the better game, it is more complex, but i enjoyed more dragon age, your whole argument about divinity being a better game is based in the fact that is harder, not that it is more ntertaining, which should be the focus of games. So, nice "argument".

ps. you are making agree with texas, now i feel dirty, brb taking a shower.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

Maybe more people like DAI over DOS because

Nope:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-original-sin

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I got more into DAI on PC and it started to grow on me. I don't like ARPG style of play in contrast to DAO, I still don't like the camera, and I still don't like the controls, but it feels better every time I play it.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

It's a hell of a lot easier to play Divinity OS with a beer in your hand than it is to play Inquisition. Point Divinity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@sSubZerOo

Its them stats ! They ruining everything :(

Pretty much... In fact the shapeshifting was borked in Neverwinter Nights 1, and 2 AS WELL AS Dragon Age Origins.. IN Baldur's Gate 2 the highest your werewolf form got was +2, meaning you were worthless against the majority of larger bad guys in the game.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

It's a hell of a lot easier to play Divinity OS with a beer in your hand than it is to play Inquisition. Point Divinity.

Oh why, that's an excellent quality for a game to have. Might pick it up!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Maroxad

@texasgoldrush said:

Or maybe because these enthusiasts of the genre is stuck in the past and refuse to accept the evolution of the genre. That they want the same old game that does the same things over and over. There like old grandpa, always trying to talk about the "good ol' days".

Maybe more people like DAI over DOS because perhaps it does a lot more things better. Ever get it through your head?

Making up petty excuses I see.

Furthermore, I am not only referring to RPGcodex. I also include what one of the biggest and most powerful gaming communities out there, which from what I have seen, holds D:OS as THE best RPG. Dragon Age: Inquisiton does mass appeal better for sure. But D:OS, has better OST, better combat, better controls, no buggy cutscenes, less cringe worthy writing, less agenda shoehorned in, turn based combat.

What you need to get through your head is that your opinions are not facts. There are reasons to think of D:OS as the better game, just like there are reasons to think of DA:I as the better game.

@Krelian-co said:

let me laugh at that, most of those elitist dumbasses haven't played dragon age for some moronic reason, they are far from "educated/knowledgeable" you just want to hear them repeat your own opinion. Very few people have actually played and finished both (myself included) and Dragon Age IS THE BETTER GAME, you may want to use any spin/excuse you want, now you may PREFER divinity, but that doesn't make it the better game, it is more complex, but i enjoyed more dragon age, your whole argument about divinity being a better game is based in the fact that is harder, not that it is more ntertaining, which should be the focus of games. So, nice "argument".

Name calling and ad hominem in the first sentence, great start *rolls eyes*. I say those people there are significantly more knowledgeable because people on RPGcodex or a site that must not be namned are more knowledgeable because they have a significantly better idea of the games in the genre, both past, present and future. Likewise, their skill levels as a whole are significantly higher than that of your average gamer implying not only superior knowledge of the history and future of the genre, but also a superior mastery of the rpg mechanics that are in place.

"Very few people have actually played and finished both (myself included) and Dragon Age IS THE BETTER GAME"

What about those who played and finished both, and think that Divnity is the better game? Is your opinoin more valid than theirs?

Arrogance.

"your whole argument about divinity being a better game is based in the fact that is harder, not that it is more ntertaining, which should be the focus of games."

What part of better tactical controls, better side quests, better combat, better encounter design, better OST, lack of level scaling (punish people for levelling), better dialogue system, denser/more compact world, better PC version has anything to do with harder/hardcore/challenge/whatever? Or maybe you just fail at reading comprehension.

Furthermore, I dislike respecs in single player RPGs primarily because they rob your character of their identity. What separates characters now is their class and only their class, no longer build. Removal of long term planning of builds suck too, but the robbing of identity is the worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Just want to pick out 2 points...

1) The Level scaling does not punish you for levelling. its not a 1:1 power scale... e.g at level 6 vs a giant bear (lvl6) at its original level is much harder than me at lvl 12 against the same giant bear at lvl 12. It's mostly HP scaling.... with everything else lesser. A bad example though, seeing as the level scaling is limited. e.g the cap on most enemies in the first worlds is 11.

2) Character respecing... I find in games built around that (e.g Diablo) a better fit.... games like this which are SP and story driven ... not so much. I'm glad I could respec, especially considering you can't choose your "Advance Class" until midway through the game...

You say it removes identity... I disagree. Each companion has a fixed advanced class except the main.

That being said, im now 50 hours in, on normal.... the game has become pretty damn easy..... the first dragon fight was the best so far... and actually had some effort put into it... most of the dragon fights after are tank n spank... dissapointed.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Vaasman

@MBirdy88 said:

That being said, im now 50 hours in, on normal.... the game has become pretty damn easy..... the first dragon fight was the best so far... and actually had some effort put into it... most of the dragon fights after are tank n spank... dissapointed.

I'm playing on hard, maybe 20-22 hours in, and that's all every fight is really. Granted, I just ran away from the first dragon I found, but it's really not a tough game. Just avoid rifts and clumps of baddies 2-3 levels above you, and you can faceroll everything. The AI is pretty good mostly, so Cassandra just runs in with a taunt while vivienne varric and I chain CC, stealth any she missed, rinse repeat. Done a couple bosses and they weren't CC'ed but that didn't make them tough.

I assume nightmare would only be any tougher because Cassandra dies in 2 hits while enemies take a million, which honestly doesn't sound fun and I have NO interest in using the garbage tactical mode.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Maroxad

@MBirdy88 said:

Just want to pick out 2 points...

1) The Level scaling does not punish you for levelling. its not a 1:1 power scale... e.g at level 6 vs a giant bear (lvl6) at its original level is much harder than me at lvl 12 against the same giant bear at lvl 12. It's mostly HP scaling.... with everything else lesser. A bad example though, seeing as the level scaling is limited. e.g the cap on most enemies in the first worlds is 11.

2) Character respecing... I find in games built around that (e.g Diablo) a better fit.... games like this which are SP and story driven ... not so much. I'm glad I could respec, especially considering you can't choose your "Advance Class" until midway through the game...

You say it removes identity... I disagree. Each companion has a fixed advanced class except the main.

1. Punishing you was perhaps a bit too hard there. I was more referring to it in a general scale. Such as when it is used in an rpg designed by Todd Howard or FF8 where it punishes you for levelling. Thankfully, the level scaling in DA:I is far more lenient and forgiving than it it is in either of those games. Still, I don't like it when encounters are downright designed around my current character's abilities. This is one thing I really liked about Divinity: Original Sin. I didnt notice any level scaling whatsoever, and not only that, by clever use of tactics, I could take out enemy groups that were twice my level.

2. I was referring how my warrior inquisitor would be no different from your warrior inquisitor. It feels like my main character loses his identity in any of these games with respecing, SP or MP (though in games like WoW, I see it as mandatory due to constant balance patches, PvP/PvE segregration, ect). Liberal use of respeccing removes any permanency in character building, which in turn hurts a characters identity.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Lulu_Lulu

@sSubZerOo

I'm of the oppinion that the game would have been ruined regardless if the stats were tweaked properly. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@MBirdy88

Whats the point of level scaling ?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Name calling and ad hominem in the first sentence, great start *rolls eyes*. I say those people there are significantly more knowledgeable because people on RPGcodex or a site that must not be namned

ummm are you trying that site is so awsome it cant be named????? what kind of nonsense is this????

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@MBirdy88

Whats the point of level scaling ?

Because you are encouraged to revisit areas, it means you have to try harder than 1-2 hitting everything. I use to be against it too, but i find the soft-level scaling to be fine in any game... I'm still clearly far more powerful than them.... yet its better than 1-tap dead enemies. Especially the fed ex nature of the game going back n fore alot.... and when hunting for their materials.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Maroxad

@MBirdy88 That issue can be solved in 2 ways.

1. No enemy respawns. This also brings another benefit (for me at least), I prefer games that respect my time, and respawning trash to pad out the game is not really respecting my time.
  2. Lower the power curve. I find that the ideal power curve is that a character who reached level cap is somewhere between 50%-300% more powerful than a newly created character, depending on the game.
@finalfantasy94 said:

Name calling and ad hominem in the first sentence, great start *rolls eyes*. I say those people there are significantly more knowledgeable because people on RPGcodex or a site that must not be namned

ummm are you trying that site is so awsome it cant be named????? what kind of nonsense is this????

I am referring to THAT site.

You know, the one the gamergate movement originated from.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#172  Edited By DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Given I can play Da:I (pc) with a controller, DA:I is hands down is more enjoyable atm. Plus I always preferred action rpgs to turn-based ones. Divinity OS is still a great game tho imo.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Lulu_Lulu

@MBirdy88

Sounds like way to justify padding a game. I don't like it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Vaasman

@Maroxad said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

4chan.

I said it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Maroxad

@Vaasman said:

@Maroxad said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

4chan.

I said it.

Correct. Have a cookie

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#176 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

it's all about if you like action games or classic rpg \ if you're just casual gaming or looking for a real experience.

of course there's more to Inquisition than just simple casual action but it is more geared towards that type of adventure where you don't have to put much thought into the characters or the storyline. just follow the quest mark and keep slashing. it may be an awesome world with some great characters and animations but it does not take much effort to play and finish.

Original Sin every character is totally customizable to be whomever you wish in terms of ability. you have to actually pay attention to the dialog, hints, and innuendos to progress and actually remember who npcs are and where events took place. there is a lot more thought and work put into finishing Original Sin's campaign.

with ~100hrs into Original Sin and ~15 into Inquisition I would have to say they are very different options of the rpg genre and both are great games. i may choose Original Sin over Inquisition for the replay value but i'd rather have both.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Lulu_Lulu

@elessarGObonzo

Action =/= Casual.

Infact Casual doesn't even meaning anything.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 elessarGObonzo

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@elessarGObonzo

Action =/= Casual.

Infact Casual doesn't even meaning anything.

casual :

relaxed and unconcerned. "she regarded his affairs with a casual indulgence"

means exactly what the context i put it in insinuates

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Lulu_Lulu

@elessarGObonzo

Theres nothing Casual about action, its practically a paradox.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 elessarGObonzo
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@elessarGObonzo

Theres nothing Casual about action, its practically a paradox.

if it's simple action then it's casual. if it's easy, without much thought process, then it's casual.

the explicative even covers how Lulu's brain works

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Lulu_Lulu

@elessarGObonzo

And actually you are more likely to be relaxed if you do more thinking than actually doing.... Going by your definition.... Seems like the thinking game is more Casual.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

the more i play of this game, the more it reminds me of an Ubi game. Big open world with the map full of things to do but its so shallow and same, only thing's missing is climbing a fucking tower to unlock destinations,,,,,,,,oh wait, its already in the game, you do it with skulls, so original................................ only in the hinterlands so this may change but if it does, why fill Hinterlands with the same things? Dungeons/caves are another thing that are disappointing. You enter one and 2 minutes later its cleared... wth.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Maroxad said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@bussinrounds said:

That's one of the dumbest things I've read on here in a while.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#184 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@silversix_ said:

the more i play of this game, the more it reminds me of an Ubi game. Big open world with the map full of things to do but its so shallow and same, only thing's missing is climbing a fucking tower to unlock destinations,,,,,,,,oh wait, its already in the game, you do it with skulls, so original................................ only in the hinterlands so this may change but if it does, why fill Hinterlands with the same things? Dungeons/caves are another thing that are disappointing. You enter one and 2 minutes later its cleared... wth.

Hinterlands is meant to be a tutorial/beginner area. Once you finish the bits of the main quest you need to do there, you'll get access to a bunch of new zones that are totally different in scope and content.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By silversix_

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Hinterlands is meant to be a tutorial/beginner area. Once you finish the bits of the main quest you need to do there, you'll get access to a bunch of new zones that are totally different in scope and content.

i already have access to many other zones but im kinda of a completionist when it comes to rpg's so doing everything in every zone and that's the first on the list

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#186  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

i already have access to many other zones but im kinda of a completionist when it comes to rpg's so doing everything in every zone and that's the first on the list

Bad idea. By doing that you're going to come out of the Hinterlands overleveled and then breeze through the other 80 hours of gameplay like it's nothing. I understand why you'd want to complete everything in every zone once you first get there since that's how all recent Bioware games (KOTOR, Mass Effect, DA:O and 2) have been played, but Inquisition actively discourages you from doing that. You can do every sidequest in the game at any point later on in the game, even after you've beaten the main quest.

I'm not telling you how to play but I recommend doing the story stuff that's required in the Hinterlands, move on to other zones, do some main story, and travel freely between areas. If you have leftover quests you didn't complete you can come back later and do them. Of course, if you really, really want to you can stay in the Hinterlands forever you can, but it won't be fun.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By silversix_

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Bad idea. By doing that you're going to come out of the Hinterlands overleveled and then breeze through the other 80 hours of gameplay like it's nothing. I understand why you'd want to complete everything in every zone once you first get there since that's how all recent Bioware games (KOTOR, Mass Effect, DA:O and 2) have been played, but Inquisition actively discourages you from doing that. You can do every sidequest in the game at any point later on in the game, even after you've beaten the main quest.

I'm not telling you how to play but I recommend doing the story stuff that's required in the Hinterlands, move on to other zones, do some main story, and travel freely between areas. If you have leftover quests you didn't complete you can come back later and do them. Of course, if you really, really want to you can stay in the Hinterlands forever you can, but it won't be fun.

im playing on Nightmare, no such things as a breeze.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

Why would you torture yourself like that?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 silversix_

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would you torture yourself like that?

got used to playing on the hardest difficulty for achievements back on 360 days and now i just play everything (if the game is good of course) on the hardest as an habit. Im running triple mage all speced for barriers so its waaaaaaay easier than when i ran stupid Varric that can't kill **** and dies every 11.5 second lol

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 elessarGObonzo

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@elessarGObonzo

And actually you are more likely to be relaxed if you do more thinking than actually doing.... Going by your definition.... Seems like the thinking game is more Casual.

we can see by the little cognizance you have that it could appear that way to you. but repeated simple motor functions require less effort than planning and strategizing and actually developing a character.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Well it looks like Dragon Age won the silly mainstream contest.

Time to break out the doritos/mt. dew and celebrate, right Texas ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Lulu_Lulu

@elessarGObonzo

Depends on the individual, anyway, Who says you can't plan and Strategize in an Action game ?

Against AI, sure, but if you're playing an action game against another human then I assure you you will not be in a casual state of mind.... But a strategy game with all thought and minimal input.... Well I can still find that relaxing, especially in turn based games.

amioran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By amioran
Member since 2004 • 971 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

The Classes are a mess, as in they are bad. the leveling is not exactly good in any stretch, DA:O had by far the better ability to build the character as you wanted it. In DA:O I ha da Rogue, in fullplate, dual wielding long freaking blades, why? becuase the rogue was excellent dualwielding, and it worked, I could make such a character. In DA:I the rogue is so laughably bad that you should not pick it unless you simply want a challange for yourself, the classes in general is horribly ballanced, they were in DA: O aswell, but atleast yod have more fun.

Way to go with the idiocy, my compliments. Both DW and archer rogue are the two most powerful classes in the game, by far, it is neither a competition, really. Want a proof?

Loading Video...

Nightmare difficulty naturally, if you didn't notice. Archer Assassin is also comparably powerful.

Knight Enchanter is broken in the sense that's immortal, but it is not a powerful class per se. It has just a broken skill: Fade Shield. Apart that, it is a pretty mediocre class as far as damage potential. Rogues are the the most powerful class by far and yet you say that they are "so laughably bad that you should pick them only if you want a challenge for yourself". Good job: with just a sentence you have demonstrated clearly and without a doubt how much you really understand about the game.

Given the above, I cannot either care to reply to the rest as it is much to easy to understand that you really have no idea of what the hell you are talking about.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

The controls in Inquisition are insanely bad.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Vaasman

@amioran said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

The Classes are a mess, as in they are bad. the leveling is not exactly good in any stretch, DA:O had by far the better ability to build the character as you wanted it. In DA:O I ha da Rogue, in fullplate, dual wielding long freaking blades, why? becuase the rogue was excellent dualwielding, and it worked, I could make such a character. In DA:I the rogue is so laughably bad that you should not pick it unless you simply want a challange for yourself, the classes in general is horribly ballanced, they were in DA: O aswell, but atleast yod have more fun.

Way to go with the idiocy, my compliments. Both DW and archer rogue are the two most powerful classes in the game, by far, it is neither a competition, really. Want a proof?

Nightmare difficulty naturally, if you didn't notice. Archer Assassin is also comparably powerful.

Knight Enchanter is broken in the sense that's immortal, but it is not a powerful class per se. It has just a broken skill: Fade Shield. Apart that, it is a pretty mediocre class as far as damage potential. Rogues are the the most powerful class by far and yet you say that they are "so laughably bad that you should pick them only if you want a challenge for yourself". Good job: with just a sentence you have demonstrated clearly and without a doubt how much you really understand about the game.

Given the above, I cannot either care to reply to the rest as it is much to easy to understand that you really have no idea of what the hell you are talking about.

In the video you linked the guy was level 24 with 297 power... clearly this is a minmaxer exploiting broken spells, and not a proper representation of the classes. I hardly think it makes sense to say classes are properly balanced because they all break the game with super OP spells by the end.

I played a 2 dagger rogue and an archer rogue, and the damage in the early game is just pitiful, there isn't much arguing that. Until you hit specializations and branch into other tree passives, you won't do much of anything more than tickle the baddies, while mages and warriors both have far stronger damage and utility features.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Necromancy is fine for mage classes, not for forum topics ;)