Da cloud is such a Bullshit together with all those PR crap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

SCAM ALERT!

i have seen so many titanfall videos and the AI is so freaking dumb omfg bots just running around into open fire even duckhunt had better AI. This is just pure lying MS shame on you

Cloud will enhance AI 20 times more powerfull than X360 my ass MS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NSnOp6hZVV8

and other BS claims

"The next-gen mech shooter Titanfall would not be possible without Microsoft’s Xbox One cloud services, according to Respawn Entertainment engineer Jon Shiring."

"Microsoft’s dedicated cloud servers allow Respawn to implement more and better AI, physics, and environments, eliminate the “host advantage” that plagues many online games, thwart some forms of cheating, boost matchmaking speeds, eliminate the need to pause the game when the host player quits, and improve visuals and audio by taking full advantage of the console hardware and leaving other tasks to the cloud processors."

http://digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-developers-spell-out-benefits-of-xbox-one-cloud/

explain yourself respawn!

da cloud is the undisputed winner of marketing dogshit speech in the last century!

those that believed this crap you got scammed!

#2 Posted by lostrib (42190 posts) -

this thread is just shit

#3 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@lostrib: you again! you are always on page 1 when i create a thread

waiting for monsieuX...

#4 Posted by lostrib (42190 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

waiting for monsieuX...

cool story bro

#5 Posted by silversix_ (15909 posts) -

But everyone with half a brain knew this since the day all the cloud bs started rolling out. Only ultra fanboys of the system could've believed this kind of garbage. At the end you're stuck with an underpowered system and not "the cloud will make your Xbox One three times as powerful".

#6 Posted by finalstar2007 (25888 posts) -

Well this way everyone can get 30+ kills.. even a game like CoD that everyone say is a game made for casuals dosent do that.

#7 Edited by Evo_nine (2093 posts) -

Cows be jelly

#8 Posted by lostrib (42190 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Well this way everyone can get 30+ kills.. even a game like CoD that everyone say is a game made for casuals dosent do that.

pretty sure pilot kills and bot kills are separate

#9 Posted by delta3074 (18814 posts) -

Watching gaming video=Expert on Games AI?

#10 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

Cmon guys

#11 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16061 posts) -

The AI is insanely stupid, supposedly they're supposed to be that way. A rather convenient excuse.

#12 Posted by Snugenz (12767 posts) -

Not to try and defend the cloud or anything, but the ai is shit on the PC version aswell, so this may seem way out there i know but it might just be the games fault...

#13 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17342 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The AI is insanely stupid, supposedly they're supposed to be that way. A rather convenient excuse.

The ai in moba games are stupid, but you don't see people complain about them.

#14 Posted by HitmanActual (420 posts) -

Teh clowd powah will save the Xbone, it's a technological marvel...in theory.

#15 Edited by sakaiXx (52 posts) -

well stupid A.I from the cloudz is the future

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16061 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

Not to try and defend the cloud or anything, but the ai is shit on the PC version aswell, so this may seem way out there i know but it might just be the games fault...

I'm pretty sure the servers are connected in some way via the cloud. Also the reason the service was down today for both xboners and PC users.

Yeah it's explained here in greater detail: http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (48414 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

pretty sure pilot kills and bot kills are separate

They are, so are Titan kills. The only real purpose I've seen for bots is weapon attachment unlocks and filling out the battlefield. If they were actually a threat matches would get boring because like CoD you die pretty quick.

#18 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Because they're just minions, like any other MOBA.

#19 Edited by trasherhead (3058 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Snugenz said:

I'm pretty sure the servers are connected in some way via the cloud. Also the reason the service was down today for both xboners and PC users.

Yeah it's explained here in greater detail: http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

The servers are the cloud... just marketing speech for servers...

#20 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

"cloud powwa" was just going to be an excuse for the always-online DRM they were going to implement. Unfortunately for Microsoft, people saw through that dumb wank on day one.

Makes me laugh that so far this vaunted "cloud powwa" is responsible only for copying your movements in a racing game and now providing dumb bots for you to mow down in an online shootybang,

#21 Posted by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

You mean.....like TEH CELL?

Come on now, we've all been there.

#22 Posted by sukraj (23884 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Cows be jelly

jello

#23 Posted by Snugenz (12767 posts) -

@lostrib said:

this thread is just shit

Just like all his threads.

#24 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5136 posts) -

ai is only as good as the developer can make it. I don't think it uses the cloud for ai. I think they mean they use the resources of the cloud for other things that free up the resources of the X1 to be used better for ai. I might be wrong.

But the quality of the ai is down to the developer. It's one of the least easy things to do in programming. Look at GT6, it's getting criticised for its horrible drone like ai, but we know the resources are there in the PS3, but it is down to the developer.

#25 Edited by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@Snugenz: say something positive about Xbone and suddenly i make the best threads lol

#26 Edited by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

waiting for monsieuX...

Sup.

#27 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

Cows are so jelly of this game.

#28 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@MonsieurX: lol

#29 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: why would we ? dell mini laptop will handle it wel better than xbone obviously

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@NFJSupreme: why would we ? dell mini laptop will handle it wel better than xbone obviously

On low at 480P settings?

#31 Edited by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@MonsieurX: no 792.5p lmao

#32 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

@lglz1337: you want peanut butter with you jelly. Why are you even watching Titanfall videos if you are a cow? You are jelly dude. It's painfully obvious. If you weren't so jelly this thread wouldn't exist. I don't see lems making the order or second son threads. Seems to me like the lems here are more satisfied with their games than the cows. You can deny your jelly all you want but your actions speak louder.

#33 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: no 792.5p lmao

was talking about your mini laptop

#34 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8856 posts) -

The cloud is so powerful that cows treat it as a mythical creature. It's mystery is only surpassed by its power.

#35 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: i'll be playing titanfall without owning a Xbone and without buying a new pc i win, but with this crappy AI i skip it the only thing i do is wait

#36 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

@lglz1337: so you want to play this game so bad that you are going to play it on your crappy laptop at 480p on low settings. That desperate to play what the lems are playing huh? Jelly confirmed.

#37 Edited by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: i wait for reviews sorry stay mad you bought a 500 dollar weak console just to play this source crap looking game @792p

stay mad!

i'll be playing infamous SS and titanfall if reviews are good..

again stay mad!

#38 Posted by NFJSupreme (5404 posts) -

@lglz1337: lol I don't even have an xbone nice try. But you are clearly jelly. Watching videos and making threads about a game that isn't coming to your system. Let the jelly continue to flow through you. I'm laughing hysterically at you right now.

#39 Edited by TheEroica (14411 posts) -

Sticky... please... for.... the....love.....of.......god. Keep your excitement for all things Titanfall in the sticky.