D4 Interview: Xbox One’s Cloud, Exclusivity and More

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

IGN's D4 is Xbox One's Weirdest Game, and That's Awesome video:

D4 Interview Snippets:

Ravi Sinha: From a development perspective what are your thoughts on Microsoft’s claim about cloud making the Xbox One more powerful in the future? Do you think we can have better graphics and physics using the cloud?

SWERY: I think that as the infrastructure evolves, the time may come when most resources and processes can be handled by the cloud. Also, if we developers continue to update the cloud – as opposed to retail goods – then it should be possible for us to continue to provide users with new features. If that happens, then as a creator there would be more and more things I’d want to do… Uh-oh – I just don’t have enough time or hands to do it all! What do I do?!

Ravi Sinha: If there’s one thing you could tell players to NOT expect in D4, what would it be?

SWERY:

1: Please don’t expect to be able to play D4 on any platform besides the Xbox One.

2: Please understand that “D4 is not a sequel to Deadly Premonition”.

3: This is not what you think about with Kinect. This game is something the core will be able to enjoy and see why Kinect is a great enhancement to gaming as a whole.

Read more at: http://gamingbolt.com/d4-interview-premise-kinect-functionality-potential-of-xbox-ones-cloud-exclusivity-and-more

#2 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

D4 is the most interesting next-gen title I've come across so far.

Love all that I've seen of it.

#3 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

Like I said in previous posts, Kinect is a game changer for this generation. It is bringing a new level of interaction with your family room entertainment. Games, TV, Music, Movies, Pictures, Skype, you name it I can do it with The One.

#4 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I was one of those who wrote off Kinect 2.0, but I will have to eat my words, its awesome. Love it.

#5 Edited by sethman410 (2899 posts) -

I hate your avatar....

It's just plain creepy and weird.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (42552 posts) -

the time may come when most resources and processes can be handled by the cloud.

lol

SDC

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (38135 posts) -
@treedoor said:

That and Quantum Break make me want to get One. I wanna see more of SWERY's antics.

#8 Edited by stereointegrity (10668 posts) -

wow this looks dumb

#9 Edited by Phazevariance (10896 posts) -

Looks pretty boring and the voice acting is pretty bad.

#10 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@treedoor said:

That and Quantum Break make me want to get One. I wanna see more of SWERY's antics.

D4 and Quantum Break are really the only next-gen games that look legitimately "next-gen" to me.

#11 Posted by nervmeister (15132 posts) -

Apparently, these guys want to take some of Telltale Games's thunder.

#12 Posted by remiks00 (1528 posts) -

Looks interesting, I'm actually a fan of mystery/detective type games. But honestly, the Kinect movement gestures seems like it's going to feel awkward and unnecessary honestly. Nonetheless, will keep this one on the radar...