Curt schilling lost all his money.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by super600 (30100 posts) -
#2 Posted by arkephonic (6211 posts) -

Wow, what a moron. Who would invest their entire life savings into a studio like 38 Studios?

#3 Posted by parkurtommo (25945 posts) -

Wow, what a moron. Who would invest their entire life savings into a studio like 38 Studios?

arkephonic
I know right.
#4 Posted by super600 (30100 posts) -

arkephonic

He said that he was passionate about the project.

#5 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
Looks like the curse came back.
#6 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

Wow, that sucks for me i guess

#7 Posted by T_0_D (1123 posts) -
Ha! Justice for sweeping my Cardinals in the world series! It does suck for him but he is still making high six figures being a baseball commentator, so don't feel to bad for him.
#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

A shame, he tried following a dream that could make gamers happy, made a fun game, and lost it all.

Truthfully, if I had $50 million I'd probably retire early, or maybe make something that isn't $50 million (like a gaming website or nightclub). I gues not all big risks pay off.

#9 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3191 posts) -

Sadly ironic that they crashed and burned partly, because bad PR scared away investors.

#10 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9675 posts) -

that's too bad....he should have invested his money in the brainless games like COD

#11 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
This is Sony's future.
#12 Posted by super600 (30100 posts) -

This is Sony's future.JohnnyCageMK

I can't wait until your prediction fails.:lol:

#13 Posted by Spellingiscool (1450 posts) -
I think you mean your future.
#14 Posted by heretrix (37284 posts) -

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone that made millions in his career and somehow lost it all in a venture where someone else put up most of the money. I'm sure he's got some money laying around. I feel more sorry for the people who didn't get paid that didn't have millions to lose.

Rich people like to say they are broke when they still have millions lying around. "Oh, I had 50 million, now I only have 5 million..I'm BROKE!"

Don't worry about him, he won't be taking public transportation anytime soon.

#15 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
wth? what does this have anything to do with this thread
#16 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -
Good, the guy's a clown. Although, I admit to being biased as a liberal Yankees fan.
#17 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
I feel bad for Curt. He was an avid gamer.
#18 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

I feel bad for Curt. He was an avid gamer. NEWMAHAY

If this was true the game would have been good.

#19 Posted by inb4uall (5233 posts) -

LOL at baised, jelly, pathetic Lem

#20 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I think they took too much risk. If I remember correctly, Amalur needed to sell 3M units just to break even. Too big too soon, surely. Why not instead work on 4 smaller games simultaneously, you just need one of those four to be as good as Minecraft, Trials HD, Journey, Limbo, or any other similar game.

#21 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
Thanks for your contribution to the thread. /sarcasm
#22 Posted by Blackbond (24485 posts) -

Should have gone PC only Indy style. The console business scheme is near suicide for new comers.

#23 Posted by SRTtoZ (4800 posts) -

haha good what an idiot. He was so hate-able when he was on the red sox as well as when he became an analyst post career.

#24 Posted by getyeryayasout (7032 posts) -
He'll be okay, his broke isn't like our broke. Hopefully they had cameras rolling during the studio's move, game developement, and the studio's demise, it could make one hell of a documentary.
#25 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7249 posts) -

Feel sorry for Curt all that money he made just gone.

#26 Posted by Senor_Kami (8291 posts) -
Sucks to be him. He probably should have thought things out a bit more.
#27 Posted by Captain__Tripps (4521 posts) -
Amazes me someone who has more money than they could ever spend (outside of highly risky ventures like this) would do this. I mean if you wanna risk a few million on some fun venture thats one thing, but your whole savings? Not that i'd ever feel sorry for Curt Schilling either lol, and he probably has a pension from MLBPA anyway...
#28 Posted by santoron (7623 posts) -
Amazes me someone who has more money than they could ever spend (outside of highly risky ventures like this) would do this. I mean if you wanna risk a few million on some fun venture thats one thing, but your whole savings? Not that i'd ever feel sorry for Curt Schilling either lol, and he probably has a pension from MLBPA anyway...Captain__Tripps
Pension, health care, not to mention all of his property and belongings. And a sweet gig as a talking head for ESPN. We should all be so poor after such a failure. He's still doing better than just about anyone else involved in his business.
#29 Posted by majadamus (10205 posts) -

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]I feel bad for Curt. He was an avid gamer. Jankarcop

The game wasn't that bad at all. What are you talking about? It scored 7.5 here. It probably didn't sell well because of poor marketing.
#30 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22109 posts) -

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

parkurtommo

I know right.

the studio was his actually.

#31 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -
shows 1- that he doesn't really know how to invest, 2- that the industry is far from ready to make a technological leap.
#32 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]I feel bad for Curt. He was an avid gamer. majadamus

The game wasn't that bad at all. What are you talking about? It scored 7.5 here. It probably didn't sell well because of poor marketing.

It didn't sell well because of no good word of mouth, since it wasn't that good, which is why it got alot of 70%'s.

#33 Posted by clone01 (24330 posts) -

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone that made millions in his career and somehow lost it all in a venture where someone else put up most of the money. I'm sure he's got some money laying around. I feel more sorry for the people who didn't get paid that didn't have millions to lose.

Rich people like to say they are broke when they still have millions lying around. "Oh, I had 50 million, now I only have 5 million..I'm BROKE!"

Don't worry about him, he won't be taking public transportation anytime soon.

heretrix
QFT...a lot of people don't really know what "penniless" means.
#34 Posted by clone01 (24330 posts) -

[QUOTE="majadamus"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

It didn't sell well because of no good word of mouth, since it wasn't that good, which is why it got alot of 70%'s.

I played a bit of it at a friend's house. Good, not great.
#35 Posted by Mozuckint (786 posts) -

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone that made millions in his career and somehow lost it all in a venture where someone else put up most of the money..

heretrix
This is what made me lose all of my respect for Schilling period. As a man who was very vocal against quote on quote "handouts" of any type, the fact that he took it without question and threw over 300 people on the street and cost taxpayers millions, I don't care for the man anymore.
#36 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -

[QUOTE="majadamus"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

Have you played it?

It is a very enjoyable game.

#37 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

Curt is a PC gamer

heard something on buses or planes he be playing world of warcraft and other games