Crytek-authorised Timesplitters Rewind in development for PC

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] oh mah oh mah oh mah lawdclyde46

Hmm, right. Let me make this simpler to understand.

At the time when I was playing TimeSplitters on PS2, I was a console gamer. Got it? Yep. I haven't had any interest in PC gaming back then.

Now, I play on PC and I have no interest in playing consolised games such as Call of Duty. Since the new TimeSplitters is a PC exclusive, I'm expecting a hell lot of improvements and wider options. Being a PC exclusive means a lot.

Jeez. Some people in here. -.-

You do know that this mod is going to be using original console assets right?

except it isn't

"Although the development team received permission to use the original TimeSplitters assets theyll be recreating everything from the ground up using the original models for reference. That means all the best characters, maps and weapons will be faithfully realised in CryEngine 3!"

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

True, true i forgot about this. But you know there's this "je ne sais quoi" that you can only get with splitscreen.

clyde46

Well,there´s also that "je ne sais quoi" you can only get in a LAN.

Is that French for threesome?

"An intangible qualitythat makes something distinctive or attractive.

She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her."
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

Pretty much this for me, its what made the serie great but yeah i still hope for this project to live on so people can actually experience how great the serie is.

archvile_78

well with PC's you can do LAN parties. Like splitscreen without the weird aspect ratios and screen cheating. Depending on how well optimized it is a decent laptop would do the job and its pretty easy to play with friends locally in that case. 

True, true i forgot about this. But you know there's this "je ne sais quoi" that you can only get with splitscreen.

You mean screen watching and slowed framerates? "Je ne sais quoi" is usually considered a good thing.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

clyde46
Well,there´s also that "je ne sais quoi" you can only get in a LAN.

Is that French for threesome?

That's menage a trois. A Seinfeld classic. ;)
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
You mean screen watching and slowed framerates? "Je ne sais quoi" is usually considered a good thing.DragonfireXZ95
It might be he was having too much fun to care about that stuff, like every single human being that plays splitscreen. Not to mention TS ran smooth as butter in splitscreen.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Crytek has to be one of the most mentally inept developers out there. First they take Crysis, a great showcase of PC gaming and what the hardware can do, and then put it on consoles. Now they're taking Timesplitters, a consoles FPS series built around the controller and splitscreen, and making it PC exclusive. Lets just take away exactly what made those series what they are... I swear, they have no f*cking clue.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]You mean screen watching and slowed framerates? "Je ne sais quoi" is usually considered a good thing.freedomfreak
It might be he was having too much fun to care about that stuff, like every single human being that plays splitscreen. Not to mention TS ran smooth as butter in splitscreen.

Disagreed. Playing online L4D2 on the 360 in split screen mode is a chore. The frames are so bad that you can barely aim half the time.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 archvile_78

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]You mean screen watching and slowed framerates? "Je ne sais quoi" is usually considered a good thing.DragonfireXZ95

Disagreed. Playing online L4D2 on the 360 in split screen mode is a chore. The frames are so bad that you can barely aim half the time.

Yeah but thats left 4 dead. TS is far from "slowed framerate", you'd know if you played.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] It might be he was having too much fun to care about that stuff, like every single human being that plays splitscreen. Not to mention TS ran smooth as butter in splitscreen.archvile_78

Yeah but thats left 4 dead. TS is far from "slowed framerate", you'd know if you played.

We're not talking about just TS, fyi.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

Hmm, right. Let me make this simpler to understand.

At the time when I was playing TimeSplitters on PS2, I was a console gamer. Got it? Yep. I haven't had any interest in PC gaming back then.

Now, I play on PC and I have no interest in playing consolised games such as Call of Duty. Since the new TimeSplitters is a PC exclusive, I'm expecting a hell lot of improvements and wider options. Being a PC exclusive means a lot.

Jeez. Some people in here. -.-

NoodleFighter

You do know that this mod is going to be using original console assets right?

except it isn't

"Although the development team received permission to use the original TimeSplitters assets theyll be recreating everything from the ground up using the original models for reference. That means all the best characters, maps and weapons will be faithfully realised in CryEngine 3!"

Still using the original assets though. They are just recreating them in the new engine.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

DragonfireXZ95

Except i was talking about this game when you originally quoted me.

Maybe i should've been more specific. I know too well what you mean with L4D2.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Disagreed. Playing online L4D2 on the 360 in split screen mode is a chore. The frames are so bad that you can barely aim half the time.DragonfireXZ95
Hardly played that. I think. I don't remember, but TS2 is splitscreen at its best.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

I've never played TS, actually, which is why I meant split screen in general. Guess we just crossed the communication wires in the wrong direction. lol

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] We're not talking about just TS, fyi.DragonfireXZ95

I've never played TS, actually, which is why I meant split screen in general. Guess we just crossed the communication wires in the wrong direction. lol

Lol yeah, i know you're a PC player but you should try TS one way or another, or you could wait for Rewind and try it then.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]You mean screen watching and slowed framerates? "Je ne sais quoi" is usually considered a good thing.DragonfireXZ95

Online l4d2 on 360 sounds terrible in general

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(
naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(Mr_Cumberdale

So you think by making the game on PC it automaticly means it has to be a  competetive game and can't just be played for  fun?!?!?!?!?

Nonsense.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Once I can get the WiiMote usable on this, I'll be an extremely happy horsey. Right now, I'm just a happy horsey.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(Mr_Cumberdale
Though luck,the split screen couch thing is on it´s deathbed,on the way out,most devs no longer care about that and neither does the majority of gamers,even though some here on SW may make you think otherwise.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

Lol yeah, i know you're a PC player but you should try TS one way or another, or you could wait for Rewind and try it then.

Unfortunately, I never had a PS2, nor is my PS3 backwards compatible. I'll just have to wait until Rewind is released.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_Cumberdale"]Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(Nanomage
Though luck,the split screen couch thing is on it´s deathbed,on the way out,most devs no longer care about that and neither does the majority of gamers,even though some here on SW may make you think otherwise.

Yeah that's why by far the most popular shooters (Halo and COD) offer 4 player split screen :roll:
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Mr_Cumberdale"]Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(locopatho

Yeah that's why by far the most popular shooters (Halo and COD) offer 4 player split screen :roll:

Compare from the last two gens the games that supported split screen and those that do now,even franchises that used to have it like SSX no longer do,there´s obviously still asome but with the online around split screen is ever so dimming into obscurity,he/she has a point. And even with those that do,the online is clearly the focus of the communities.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 locopatho
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Though luck,the split screen couch thing is on it´s deathbed,on the way out,most devs no longer care about that and neither does the majority of gamers,even though some here on SW may make you think otherwise.

Compare from the last two gens the games that supported split screen and those that do now,even franchises that used to have it like SSX no longer do,there´s obviously still asome but with the online around split screen is ever so dimming into obscurity,he/she has a point. And even with those that do,the online is clearly the focus of the communities.

Some lesser games have stopped including it. Most great games still do. Halo, Gears, Cod, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, nearly all racers, sports, fighting games, arcade games like Bomberman, Worms, Castle Crashers, even Minecraft on 360 has 4 player split screen. To say nothing of Nintendo games like Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Smash Bros, etc, which are MADE for split screen. He's wrong.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Is this supposed to have a single player component?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#78 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Any TimeSplitters news is good news.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 archvile_78

Ly_the_Fairy

Thats a good question, i suppose you'll be able to play with bots only if you wish.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

archvile_78

Thats a good question, i suppose you'll be able to play with bots only if you wish.

I don't want to play with bots.

I want to play a campaign, and travel through time, and throw bricks through windows, and such.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 locopatho

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

I want to play a campaign, and travel through time, and throw bricks through windows, and such.

Ah the brick challenges. Annoying yet fun.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 freedomfreak
and throw bricks through windows, and such.Ly_the_Fairy
I remember that challenge.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Oh that, well if you've read the interview they mentionned inclusion of challenge mode but dont expect an actual campaign just yet.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Mr_Cumberdale"]Why put it on PC? This series was never meant for 'competetive' gaming, just playing on the couch with a few buddies and bots. :(locopatho

Hush now,I was just teasing cumberdale since he´s always bashing the PC and now seems to be all bummed out that one of his fav console series is going PC only,so I had to push it a bit. >.>
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 archvile_78

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

locopatho

That darn brick challenge in Chinese in TSFP. Those uppermost windows where you gotta ricochet a brick on the ceiling to break them properly. :lol:

Still not as bad as sniping bottle with a pistol in Disco.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 freedomfreak
I always played with the monkey in Virus. He was fast, and I scared the hell out of my brother if I got infected. Seeing that green ball of fire coming at you.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#87 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I remember playing a Timesplitters game on PS2. I thaught it was pretty weak to be honest and went back to playing Deus Ex and Thief 2, dont think I ever played the game again.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 archvile_78

I remember playing a Timesplitters game on PS2. I thaught it was pretty weak to be honest and went back to playing Deus Ex and Thief 2, dont think I ever played the game again.

pelvist

You must've played the original way back in 2000, its the weakest of the serie but still had frantic multiplayer like the 2 sequels.

What annoyed me though is bots back then didn't start with a weapon so you could destroy them before they reached one.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 locopatho
[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Though luck,the split screen couch thing is on it´s deathbed,on the way out,most devs no longer care about that and neither does the majority of gamers,even though some here on SW may make you think otherwise.

Hush now,I was just teasing cumberdale since he´s always bashing the PC and now seems to be all bummed out that one of his fav console series is going PC only,so I had to push it a bit. >.>

Fair dues, I'll hush :)
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

locopatho

If I had a time machine I'd just get a sack of bricks, and go to ancient places, and turn them into ancient ruins.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#91 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Yeah..

ITT : Willz has no idea what he's talking about.

Seriously, bringing up the usual consolized bull doesn't work with every topic.

That was Willz? :lol:
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Shame, hope it makes it too XBL and PSN.

Avatar image for crippledmachine
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 crippledmachine
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

A PC only release really sucks.

Stringerboy

It's good news actually. Making games as PC exclusive is always welcome.

We don't want the game to be dumbed down.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

crippledmachine

Did you really post the same nonsense you did earlier in this thread? You really don't get the idea behind this game, do you? Stop sporting that "hardcore" attitude, and speak for your own. It has tool written all over it.
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 crippledmachine

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

freedomfreak

Did you really post the same nonsense you did earlier in this thread? You really don't get the idea behind this game, do you? Stop sporting that "hardcore" attitude, and speak for your own. It has tool written all over it.

Don't be upset that your PC isn't capable enough for this game. Don't pour nonsense from your emotions into this.

I played the franchise on PS2, I loved it, yes, but making it a PC exclusive means a lot. It will add good things to the game such as more options, customisations and gameplay enhancements - FOV and more PC-specific settings. Having more controls leads to better gameplay.

If you are still confused by my logic, take a look at Crysis for example. Compare Crysis 2 and 3 with the original Crysis and Warhead. There you go.

I can remember you saying that you used to be PC gamer, right? I'm sorry but judging from your comments here, I think you're lying. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

freedomfreak

I see Willz hasn't changed at all, meaning he's still a complete fool.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

PC only?

R.I.P Timesplitters.

crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 crippledmachine

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

Michael0134567

Says the guy who plays COD on the Wii while sporting out girls in his avatar and signature with random numbers next to his own name. Lololololol.

The irony.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Did you really post the same nonsense you did earlier in this thread? You really don't get the idea behind this game, do you? Stop sporting that "hardcore" attitude, and speak for your own. It has tool written all over it.crippledmachine

Says the guy who plays COD on the Wii while sporting out girls in his avatar and signature with random numbers next to his own name. Lololololol.

The irony.

Because that makes me a complete fool? You don't think a whole lot, do you?
crippledmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 crippledmachine

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] I see Willz hasn't changed at all, meaning he's still a complete fool.Michael0134567

The irony.

Because that makes me a complete fool? You don't think a whole lot, do you?

Yep. You're a fool given by your track record on here.