Crytek-authorised Timesplitters Rewind in development for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

Source

The Interview about the game here

"A Crytek-authorised TimeSplitters game is in development for PC, built using the publisher's sparkly CryEngine 3.

TimeSplitters Rewind is being worked on by a team of fans - including members of the original TimeSplitters staff at Free Radical Design.

Rewind will include multiplayer modes and challenges taken from the original three games, re-packaged in HD.

Classic TimeSplitters character Duckman Drake. The team plan to include over 300 familiar faces.

Online play for 8-16 players and bots are in, project manager Michael Hubicka told Cooking with Grenades. But split-screen is out - CryEngine 3 simply does not support it at the moment.

A demo is planned for December.

TimeSplitters Rewind is the latest effort by the game's fan community to get a new entry in the British cult shooter series made. Previous attempts by the 100,000 Strong for TimeSplitters 4 Facebook movement have included campaigns for the unfinished TimeSplitters 4 to be completed, or work to begin on an HD version of series highlight TimeSplitters 2.

Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has said he would love another TimeSplitters game to be made, although has pointed to the various struggling online petitions as indications that fan interest simply wasn't convincing enough.

Yerli eventually told fans that they could make a TimeSplitters CryEngine mod using assets from the original games without fear of being sued. Work on TimeSplitters Rewind began shortly after."

Here's an untextured high poly Duckman Drake~

[spoiler] sCon0Gg.jpg [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by locopatho (20798 posts) -
No splitscreen kills my interest.
#3 Posted by gameofthering (10459 posts) -

Praise the lord!

It's on PC! Woohoo :D 

#4 Posted by clyde46 (47473 posts) -
16 players only?
#5 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

No splitscreen kills my interest.locopatho

Pretty much this for me, its what made the serie great but yeah i still hope for this project to live on so people can actually experience how great the serie is.

#6 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

Hopefully this pleases some people who have been asking for a Timesplitters game. I never played any of them so I'd be interested in trying this out.

#7 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -
Well it´s a largely irrelevant feature in the eyes of the majority of the devs these days,so no wonder.
#8 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

Hopefully this pleases some people who have been asking for a Timesplitters game. I never played any of them so I'd be interested in trying this out.

BPoole96

You should try to get the original trilogy they're all affordable and easy to find.

#10 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -

Woooo! For the PC! No consolised crap.

Man, I can remember playing the series on PS2 and really loved it! Looking forward to it.

crippledmachine
"Consolised crap", "I can remember playing the series on PS2 and really loved it!" Do you ever make any sense?..
#11 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

it was a huge mistake when they killed off development for timesplitters 4 as a launch title for the ps4 and nextbox.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307242/xbox-720-reveal-within-a-year-timesplitters-4-coming-rumour/

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -

Woooo! For the PC! No consolised crapcrippledmachine

Uhm what?

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
True. Timesplitters=Local MP at its best.
#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

You know what will happen, people b!tched and moaned to get a new TS game. Now one is coming and they will all complain when it launches cos it doesn't have x,y and z

#15 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No splitscreen kills my interest.freedomfreak
True. Timesplitters=Local MP at its best.

What if you have no friends? :|...:cry:

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
What if you have no friends? :|...:cry:seanmcloughlin
Siblings :(
#17 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

You know what will happen, people b!tched and moaned to get a new TS game. Now one is coming and they will all complain when it launches cos it doesn't have x,y and z

seanmcloughlin

I'm just sad for no splitscreen but if i had the PC for it i'd get it in a heartbeat. :P

I played countless hours with one of my brother and still go nowaday. After playing many modern shooter i feel going back to TS feels...normal.

#18 Posted by locopatho (20798 posts) -

seanmcloughlin
People will b!tch because it's just a HD remake that cuts out the main thing that made the games fun in the first place (split screen).
#19 Posted by mitu123 (154609 posts) -

It had me at bots...

#20 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Well better than nothing, and I love timesplitters great to see we getting something, but still wheres my Timesplitters 4?

#21 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

Oh god yes. Give me Streets/Ice Station with Virus mode again and I'll be happy for ages.

#22 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19822 posts) -
It's on PC. Why would split screen matter to you?
#24 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

Oh god yes. Give me Streets/Ice Station with Virus mode again and I'll be happy for ages.

Crazyguy105

I remember Hangar + Virus. Its especially risky if you go inside that huge room with the plane in it, you see virus coming from both sides. :lol:

#25 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

Uhm what?

The article in the OP says hello. Read it.

They're pointing out the delicious irony that you're talking about avoiding consolitis in a remake of a game that you fondly remember playing on a console.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -

Uhm what?

The article in the OP says hello. Read it.

I did. I don't see how "consolised crap" comes into play seeing how this is Timesplitters. Is this another one of your typical 'hardcore gamur" comments? Sure looks like it. They don't apply in every single thread.
#28 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

Man, I can remember playing the series on PS2 and really loved it! Looking forward to it.

crippledmachine

"Consolised crap", "I can remember playing the series on PS2 and really loved it!" Do you ever make any sense?..

You're narrow-minded, I see.

Since the game will be exclusive to the PC, how much improvements do you think it's going to make?

oh mah oh mah oh mah lawd
#29 Posted by Silenthps (7282 posts) -

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]

crippledmachine

Since the game will be exclusive to the PC, how much improvements do you think it's going to make?

are you begging to get yourself quoted on someones sig?
#30 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Never cared for Timesplitters, and I don't see that changing now. Still, guess it's good news for the fans, if it turns out well...

#31 Posted by clyde46 (47473 posts) -
I loved playing TS2 on the PS2.
#32 Posted by NoodleFighter (7830 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]What if you have no friends? :|...:cry:freedomfreak
Siblings :(

my siblings suck it's like fighting an AFK person

#33 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
my siblings suck it's like fighting an AFK personNoodleFighter
Train them.
#35 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
Hmm, right. Let me make this simpler to understand.

At the time when I was playing TimeSplitters on PS2, I was a console gamer. Got it? Yep. I haven't had any interest in PC gaming back then.

Now, I play on PC and I have no interest in playing consolised games such as Call of Duty. Since the new TimeSplitters is a PC exclusive, I'm expecting a hell lot of improvements and wider options. Being a PC exclusive means a lot.

Jeez. Some people in here. -.-

crippledmachine
Wider options? Such as? Is this console game becoming a pc exclusive gonna get rid of those awful consolised features we had to deal with back in the day? D: You know, lots of maps, map editor, insane amount of characters, large arsenal of weapons, campaign which could be played coop, lots of mp modes(bots included), challenges and even online multiplayer, and let's not forget the biggest part of Timesplitters, Local Multiplayer! Being a pc exclusive means a lot? rofl I liked you more as a cow.
#36 Posted by clyde46 (47473 posts) -

crippledmachine

At the time when I was playing TimeSplitters on PS2, I was a console gamer. Got it? Yep. I haven't had any interest in PC gaming back then.

Now, I play on PC and I have no interest in playing consolised games such as Call of Duty. Since the new TimeSplitters is a PC exclusive, I'm expecting a hell lot of improvements and wider options. Being a PC exclusive means a lot.

You do know that this mod is going to be using original console assets right?
#37 Posted by kraken2109 (13211 posts) -

crippledmachine

Is English your 8th language?
#39 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
Urm, wat?crippledmachine
Yeah..
#40 Posted by clyde46 (47473 posts) -
[QUOTE="crippledmachine"]Urm, wat?freedomfreak
Yeah..

ITT : Willz has no idea what he's talking about.
#41 Posted by freedomfreak (43072 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]Urm, wat?clyde46
Yeah..

Seriously, bringing up the usual consolized bull doesn't work with every topic.
#42 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -
Not really interested in this because the only experience I have with the series was from an xbox demo and from what I played i thought it was pretty terrible(maybe the demo was really bad lol),still it´s cool to see they´re making something out of the franchise,though it´s still pretty funny it´s PC only,all things considered. :P
#43 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
awww wish it was on the consoles, mind you thats primarily nostalgia and the fact it was a console game back in the day *shakes fists and stamps feet on floor*.
#44 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="crippledmachine"]Urm, wat?clyde46
Yeah..

Is crippledmachine GamerWillz? I was wondering where he went
#45 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No splitscreen kills my interest.archvile_78

Pretty much this for me, its what made the serie great but yeah i still hope for this project to live on so people can actually experience how great the serie is.

well with PC's you can do LAN parties. Like splitscreen without the weird aspect ratios and screen cheating. Depending on how well optimized it is a decent laptop would do the job and its pretty easy to play with friends locally in that case. 

#46 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]No splitscreen kills my interest.with_teeth26

well with PC's you can do LAN parties. Like splitscreen without the weird aspect ratios and screen cheating. Depending on how well optimized it is a decent laptop would do the job and its pretty easy to play with friends locally in that case. 

True, true i forgot about this. But you know there's this "je ne sais quoi" that you can only get with splitscreen.

#47 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

True, true i forgot about this. But you know there's this "je ne sais quoi" that you can only get with splitscreen.

Well,there´s also that "je ne sais quoi" you can only get in a LAN.
#48 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

MrYaotubo

Heh i never really did any kind of LAN, back then i'd gather up with my friends and we'd play splitscreen but yeah i guess you're right too. :P

#49 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

Yea I miss the days of splitscreen multiplayer but It seems most devs are moving away from it. Lan parties are a good alternative and can be more versitile. For instance, playing a Shogun 2 co-op campaign would be impossible with split-screen. 

For shooters and racing games they were great fun though. 

#50 Posted by clyde46 (47473 posts) -
[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

MrYaotubo

Is that French for threesome?