Crytek: Xbox One eSram to provide phenomenal performance.

• 191 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Wasdie: Funny how it still looked great huh MR moderator cow?

Seriously , you don't always have to come running to the cows rescue even though you're a huge cow yourself. Try being a little impartial sometimes.

LOL System Wars is certainly an interesting place. Can't be truthful for a minute!

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@tormentos: dude shut the **** up them 120k polys is from a damn cut screens and infamous has 5 LODs Marius is 85k with ONE LOD is way more impressive. You talk about particles yes they pretty and the AA in the game is great but the textures, shadows, lighting (for the whole game and just not particles), cloth physics and destruction physics are way above infamous the only thing even close to the tech of RYSE is THE ORDER and you see thats 800p I really dont know what you be looking at but go play the games and talk to me.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Tighaman: Dude you have just officially proven to me you have never played the game. Do us a favor and stop the bullshit. Infamous uses identical assets in cut scenes as it does in game. There is no prerenderd scenes in the game.

1. The devs confirmed that

2. Anyone who played it can see that

3. The photomode makes it painfully obvious

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: dude shut the **** up them 120k polys is from a damn cut screens and infamous has 5 LODs Marius is 85k with ONE LOD is way more impressive. You talk about particles yes they pretty and the AA in the game is great but the textures, shadows, lighting (for the whole game and just not particles), cloth physics and destruction physics are way above infamous the only thing even close to the tech of RYSE is THE ORDER and you see thats 800p I really dont know what you be looking at but go play the games and talk to me.

You made so much sh**..

Infamous character just have 3 not 5 you compulsive liar,from Infamous port morten.

The textures look great the AA is describe by DF as the most impressive AA system they have seen in any platforms,the particle effect are second to non,.

Perhaps the most striking visual feature of Second Son stems from its advanced particle system. The engine appears capable of throwing around tens of thousands of individually lit particles at any one time - indeed, Delsin regularly breaks down into thousands of individual particles while tens of thousands of raindrops populate the same scene. In addition, alpha effects are rendered at full resolution and in large volume complete with full shadowing - typically a very demanding effect.

The combination of these elements helps produce some of the most detailed effects work seen in any console video game to date. What's incredible about this engine is that aside from some of the more stressful situations, the frame-rate typically remains above 30fps.The fact that the player so freely creates destruction without a severe performance penalty improves the overall game flow and feels empowering coming off of last-generation machines.

You should stop grasping,the game has some impressive visuals without cutting corners like Ryse did with resolution,frames and openess.

The sheer amount of geometry being rendered at any single time is quite impressive. Texture quality is also of extremely high quality with signs, billboards and surface textures alike all exhibiting extremely sharp, high-resolution textures throughout without any evidence of texture streaming issues.

hahahaa...........

What is that you were saying about textures.?

Stop your DC and to think this is Sucker Punch which hasn't been know for been a top graphics pusher,and already topped Crytek on xbox one,imagine what ND will do next..'

Image quality in Second Son is positively superb with certain scenarios producing lines so clean it almost appears super-sampled. Furthermore, sunlight has a direct effect on camera exposure bathing models in shadow when positioned correctly.

Image quality in Second Son is positively superb with certain scenarios producing lines so clean it almost appears super-sampled. Furthermore, sunlight has a direct effect on camera exposure bathing models in shadow when positioned correctly.

Destruction physics what the hell can you destroy in Ryse.? Infamous freaking Ryse when it comes to destruction you can create,they are not even comparable please read the first part i bold from DF,is one the things they highly how you can create destruction without penalty..hahaha

All you have done is pull bullsh** after bullsh** to try put Ryse on the same level as infamous,which you fail to do miserably.

Animation is another area where things aren't quite as polished as we might like. Ryse uses animation blending fairly effectively and lead character Marius is able to transition smoothly between enemies, but there is a sense that characters aren't always fully planted in the world with feet often sliding around the battlefield. The animation itself, which appears to be motion captured, is of excellent quality but it simply doesn't feel completely rooted in the environment.

The combat system works in a similar fashion to that of the Batman Arkham titles but the animation in Ryse never feels quite as refined. Perhaps we're simply running into an uncanny valley type of situation where highly realistic models don't quite move the way one would expect.

DF on Ryse animation...

While we were undoubtedly impressed with the visuals on display in Ryse, performance is one area where Crytek has fallen a bit short. Originally touted as a solid 30fps experience, Ryse misses the mark more often than we'd like with frame-rates often fluctuating between 26-28fps. The most challenging situations even see the frame-rate drop into the teens

DF on Ryse frames..

The only thing Ryse is abode Infamous is on level constriction,from particle to AA,from resolution to frames Infamous >>>>>>>>Ryse.

The order destroy Ryse even more and 800P on The order > 900p in Rise,unlike Ryse The order is 2.40:1 ratio without any upscaling,and look better to..

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lol Shittek and their tech demos.

Can't wait for stuff that looks even better than this.

Loading Video...

In motion it looks spectacular, seriously. Good to hear Crytek understands how to get the best out of the One, and I hope we get a Ryse 2. Ge has crazy potential to get better.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Time will tell.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#157  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@GravityX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

"Crysis can't run on consoles"

-> ports crysis to consoles

"Ryse is using an advanced new engine"

-> doesn't look better than Crysis 3

"Free to play is the future"

Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm having some trouble to believe these guys.

Any thing positive said about Xbox One or it's games by devs is always questioned. Why?

Time will tell and we'll see who is telling the truth all along.

Well the fact that it's crytek and they haven't had the best track of staying the track.

They flip flop so much.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@GravityX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Any thing positive said about Xbox One or it's games by devs is always questioned. Why?

Well the fact that it's crytek and they haven't had the best track of staying the track.

They flip flop so much.

Nah see. They just bring the goods when it comes to graphics. Money talks BS walks you can't touch my 3 lock box.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Animal-Mother

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@GravityX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

They flip flop so much.

Nah see. They just bring the goods when it comes to graphics. Money talks BS walks you can't touch my 3 lock box.

What you said absolutely makes no sense.

Crytek flips flops a lot. It's kinda been proven. Are their games aesthetically pleasing? Yeah but I wouldn't take cryteks word.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@silversix_ said:

@Guy_Brohski said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

In current news the order 1886 and second son exclusives on the ps4 destroy graphically any game including ryse on the xflop

The Order is 800p and doesn't even use deferred rendering. I wouldn't say it "destroys" Ryse, lol.

When you buy a bluray movie and it has black bars (as 90% of movies nowdays), are they sold for less and considered as a 800p movies? Yeaaaa thought so.

Dude, the mouth-breathing halfwits around here can barely wrap their tiny heads around the concept of resolution, and now you want them to understand how aspect ratio works, too? Let em be, bro. Let em be.

The game is sub-1080p, no matter what aspect ratio they're going for. Black bars = un-used screen real estate.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@GravityX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

They flip flop so much.

Crytek flips flops a lot. It's kinda been proven. Are their games aesthetically pleasing? Yeah but I wouldn't take cryteks word.

I'm talking about their skills. Nothing more nothing less. They deliver. All the way back to the first Far Cry, They bring the goods.

Do they lie? I don't really know why they would need to?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Animal-Mother

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@GravityX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

They flip flop so much.

I'm talking about their skills. Nothing more nothing less. They deliver. All the way back to the first Far Cry, They bring the goods.

Do they lie? I don't really know why they would need to?

Yeah they do.

They said Crysis can't be run on consoles

Ports Crysis to consoles.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I think Crytec are basicly saying what we already know, that the eSRAM will give the X1 a performance boost. Phenomonel performance is just exageration and paid PR from Microsoft. eSRAM is just cache memory on hardware that is limited compared to the competition, it's not some secret processor that will add 1 Tflops of processing power.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Indicud said:

Also let's put Ryse into perspective,

Do you think if it was 1080p, open world, and a locked 30 fps the Xbox One could run it?

Infamous has all of those qualities whilst having on par graphical fidelity.

The better question is... Who knows?

We know because Sunset Overdrive is sub-1080p. A game built strictly for Xbox One so no excuses.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By tormentos
@Guy_Brohski said:

The game is sub-1080p, no matter what aspect ratio they're going for. Black bars = un-used screen real estate.

A 2.40:1 game without black bars require more than 1920x1080 pixels so it would not be 1080p in any way either,which is what people don't understand most Blu-ray movies are 1080p this way and still are call 1080p.

@StrongBlackVine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Indicud said:

Do you think if it was 1080p, open world, and a locked 30 fps the Xbox One could run it?

We know because Sunset Overdrive is sub-1080p. A game built strictly for Xbox One so no excuses.

Lundy owned..hahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Indicud said:

It looks miles ahead of infamous SS, a game built for the PS4 so no excuses. I mean seriously the internet exploded when the game was displayed, and that hasn't happened since Ryse.

I still cannot believe its gameplay with :

• Open world(dev confirmed)
  • Awesome textures
  • Up to 100 enemy AI on screen (dev confirmed)
  • AI that are smarter than cannon fodder.
  • No Pop in when you could see the entire city.
  • Crazy particle effects (the explosions could be better).

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@ttboy: Miles ahead of inFAMOUS? You are delusional...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ttboy said:

Citation needed

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#169  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ttboy said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Indicud said:

It looks miles ahead of infamous SS,

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@lostrib said:

can it make Crytek's games not suck?

Thread/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

@misterpmedia said:

@ttboy said:

Citation needed

Go look at the footage. I slowed it down because it seemed too good to be true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

@StrongBlackVine said:

Am I? The fact that they are aiming for up to 100 enemies on screen makes it miles ahead. If we are to assert open game vs open game. I'm not sure what infamous does better technically.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@lostrib said:

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ttboy said:

@misterpmedia said:

@ttboy said:

Citation needed

I have, there was a tonne of shimmer on top of pop-in. Shimmer might be down to what AA they're using, or to because of the sub-HD res. idk. It suffers from the same problems. Not to mention the blur in the background that was highlighted vigorously on Infamous.

edit: Is there even any direct feed of it yet?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

@misterpmedia said:

@ttboy said:

@misterpmedia said:

@ttboy said:

Citation needed

I have, there was a tonne of shimmer on top of pop-in. Shimmer might be down to what AA they're using, or to because of the sub-HD res. idk. It suffers from the same problems. Not to mention the blur in the background that was highlighted vigorously on Infamous.

edit: Is there even any direct feed of it yet?

No I was looking for direct feed but did not find any. I was honestly expecting to see buildings pop in when he climbed that structure but I didn't see any. Nor when he was battling the huge boss at the end.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

the far cry series is pretty dam good. Crysis 1 and 2 were good. and ryse was really fun. Most of their games have been enjoyable to me

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

the far cry series is pretty dam good. Crysis 1 and 2 were good. and ryse was really fun. Most of their games have been enjoyable to me

Crytek only made Far Cry.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

Crytek only made Far Cry.

still the original one made by crytek was pretty dam good. I just checked its MC and it got an 89% crysis 1 netted a 91 on MC on PC (81 on consoles) and crysis 2 an 86 on PC (84 on consoles) 3 got a 76 but i didn't care for it. ryse bombed with like a 60 but i personally enjoyed it. was just too short, but the co-op mode made it worth the buy. They average a 76 even with some poor scores from warface (f2p crap) and some crappy iOS game weighing down the score. on worse you could say they make decent games. But saying far cry, crysis and ryse all suck is probably an exaggeration. Even if you didn't personally like them

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@ttboy: Yes you are truly delusional. Dead Rising 3 had tons of enemies on-screen and it was open world and wacky weapons. Not impressed by that or SO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ttboy: Yes you are truly delusional. Dead Rising 3 had tons of enemies on-screen and it was open world and wacky weapons. Not impressed by that or SO.

Really are you saying that with a straight face? We have yet to see an open world game (or any game on the PS4) with ~100 enemies. I find that disturbing to be honest. If you think Second Son is technically superior to SO then please enlighten us to how specifically. Second Son is a hot looking game but clearly its found wanting.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 StrongBlackVine

@ttboy: Yes I say it with a straight face because a hundred brain-dead, weak enemies is not impressive to me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Too little is known. It could be a failing on the developer's part, rather than the system. You remember the "lazy dev's" excuse. Apt that that excuse is no longer viable, as Cows are on the opposite side of the fence this time around.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@tormentos said:

Lundy owned..hahaha

You really need to brush up on your definition of the word "owned."

@AM-Gamer: Thanks. I'll give it a look over. I really didn't keep up-to-date regarding the development cycle. It reminds me that I need to finish the game.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

All would be easier for X1 to achieve what PS4 does if MS didn't have their heads up their butts when designing it.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#185 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@ttboy said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Am I? The fact that they are aiming for up to 100 enemies on screen makes it miles ahead. If we are to assert open game vs open game. I'm not sure what infamous does better technically.

It's a good point. Most people overrated infamous, it's nothing special it's gameplay plays almost the same as the others. It's graphics are not that far ahead considering it's on the amazing god almighty PS4.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 StrongBlackVine

@hehe101 said:

@ttboy said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

It's a good point. Most people overrated infamous, it's nothing special it's gameplay plays almost the same as the others. It's graphics are not that far ahead considering it's on the amazing god almighty PS4.

Enemies on screen that are fodder means nothing. I would rather have 10 smart enemies than 100 dumb ones.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

The Xbox One is going to have the superior Tile resources thanks to the ESram. The PS4 is never going to match it but Eltoroment thinks it is. Hahahhahahahaa

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By tormentos

@xhawk27:

You are not trying hard enough.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox One is going to have the superior Tile resources thanks to the ESram. The PS4 is never going to match it but Eltoroment thinks it is. Hahahhahahahaa

yeah teh tiles resources will make up for the xbone shitty hardware, LOL-

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#190  Edited By CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@CleanPlayer said:

I'll believe it when I see it

You won't see it, nor will lems but they'll believe illusions and illusions is all they'll receive this generation.

I agree with you 100%, the lems will be massacred this generation. The Year of Luigi did it's job

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 has it's own equivalent of tiled resources so how is that going to give the X1 an advantage?

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#192 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Too little is known. It could be a failing on the developer's part, rather than the system. You remember the "lazy dev's" excuse. Apt that that excuse is no longer viable, as Cows are on the opposite side of the fence this time around.

Oh please it has weaker hardware nothing can change that... And much like he stated when an exclusive open world game can't achieve 1080p, then you know you are in trouble.

Last time around it was supposed be equal hardware just different architectures and it showed by the end of the gen.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

Crytek is irrelevant in 2014.