Crytek Unhappy With Xbox One Sales

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

"Our goal always was for Ryse to be at the forefront of a next-generation console launch, which we have done," he said. "Ryse has received tremendous promotion and IP awareness. And Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important."

"We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up."

"For Ryse 2, we aren't saying it's cancelled. It's our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen."

SOURCE

Two things:

• If there is ever a Ryse 2, it is likely to not be exclusive
  • More and more publishers are now expressing dissatisfaction with Xbox One sales too. With publishers doing this for Xbox One and Wii U, pretty soon PS4 will be the only console left that third parties actually support.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Maybe if Ryse had been a better game the Xbone might have sold more,lol

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Maybe next time they should not release a game that get reviews with comments like "as fun as dialing phone numbers" and expect people to buy it. But even so Microsoft must have paid them some money for exclusivity?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

A few of the main gripes I keep coming across for Ryse is that the controls and combat system were clunky. That was paired with a very short campaign. If they can fix those things and present a better story I'm sure more people would be interested in a sequel. As far as sales go, I can imagine a lot of developers aren't pleased. That can lead to less games if people don't start coughing up money for a console.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@delta3074 said:

None of the launch titles sold well.

But you are right, it wasn't only the xboxone's fault. Ryse was a terrible game. No way that play-through was worth 60 dollars.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I was under the impression that the X1 is selling well. Well enough to be considered one of the fastest selling consoles. Is that incorrect? Am I missing something? Were they talking specifically about Ryse sales only or the sales of the system?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

All that "Console gaming is where the money is at" talk they did last gen really bit them in the butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Telekill said:

I was under the impression that the X1 is selling well. Well enough to be considered one of the fastest selling consoles. Is that incorrect? Am I missing something? Were they talking specifically about Ryse sales only or the sales of the system?

It was in the launch period, then its sales fell off a cliff.

Launch periods mean absolutely nothing. I want to remind you even Wii U sold 3 million units in its first 30 days on the market, that's a million units every ten days.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Anyone surprised why they didn't announce Ryse for the PS4? Obviously this would've made even more sense.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Makes 4/10 game bitches about sales.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@charizard1605: I suppose that makes sense.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Two things:

• If there is ever a Ryse 2, it is likely to not be exclusive
  • More and more publishers are now expressing dissatisfaction with Xbox One sales too. With publishers doing this for Xbox One and Wii U, pretty soon PS4 will be the only console left that third parties actually support.

the second point isnt oging to happen, x1 sales are still good enough that 3rd parties will still release their games ,all this means is its harder for ms to tie up 3rd party exclusives. this is good because i want ms to invest in their own studios more instead of money hatting

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Should've made a better game Crytek.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Well lemmings blew it and now it's multi plat, leaving SONY the clear winner of exclusives, not to mention gen 8 leader.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Poor crytek... you bet on the losing horse.

Ryse 2? How about no.... though to be fair the first game was a repurposed kinect game. Maybe they can make it better, get something like a 5 or 6

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By edwardecl

Also I guess Microsoft are now on Crytek's shit list and vice versa for making comments like this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghostwarrior786: Xbox One sales worldwide were around 400,000-500,000 last quarter... that's shockingly bad performance, as of right now, it's barely better than the Wii U.

The only thing Microsoft has going for it with Xbox One right now is a console more capable of handling third party ports than Wii U, and an ecosystem that actually engages with third party titles, but in terms of pure sales, the Xbox One is turning slowly toxic.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LadyBlue

@Heil68 said:

Well lemmings blew it and now it's multi plat, leaving SONY the clear winner of exclusives, not to mention gen 8 leader.

System sales are important after all... ms must be preparing another round of checks. Can't afford to lose Titanfall, & Ryse. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ladyblue: Like Nintendo and Sony, Microsoft will be best served by investing in first party diversification. It's more money upfront, but in the long run, the yields are more secure, consistent, and generally just higher. Halo is great, Halo is amazing, but it's still just one franchise in an increasingly crowded genre. Microsoft needs the kind of diversity in its portfolio that Sony and Nintendo exhibit.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By edwardecl

But Xbox One still has that EA subscription deal right :). That and Halo, Gears, Forza.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#21 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

err...duh?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

A bad developer and a bad console?

"Love and marriage...love and marriage....go together like a horse and carriage..."

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

Ryse was the worst game playthrough i've had in the past 3 years. The snoozefest combat and generic and predictable story. Is Crytek serious? MS has every right to express its disappointment in Ryse's sales and reviews. Let's not forget Ryse was the first X1 game to be discounted by MS.

The graphics are undeniably some of the best to be seen on a console to date, but that doesn't mean anything when the gameplay is so PS2 era butt juice.

Oh and Crytek needs to stop pretending like they'll even be around a year from now at this rate , so yes we can call Ryse 2 cancelled. Deal with it!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Best thing for the industry right now would be for the Xbox One and PS4 to completely go down the shitter Playstation Vita style, Nintendo take over the console market, have all these grimey sleeze ball execs take their dlc up the ass, and watch the pc market come back into form similar to how it enveloped game design in the early 2000s.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LadyBlue

@charizard1605 said:

@ladyblue: Like Nintendo and Sony, Microsoft will be best served by investing in first party diversification. It's more money upfront, but in the long run, the yields are more secure, consistent, and generally just higher. Halo is great, Halo is amazing, but it's still just one franchise in an increasingly crowded genre. Microsoft needs the kind of diversity in its portfolio that Sony and Nintendo exhibit.

Their "why build it, when you can buy it" philosophy always seemed shortsighted.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Crytek could have made a better game.....I bought Ryse at launch and while it is a treat for the eyes and I didn't mind the gameplay it could have been a lot better. I was annoyed killing the same fat guy with a beard over and over.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Poor crytek... you bet on the losing horse.

Ryse 2? How about no.... though to be fair the first game was a repurposed kinect game. Maybe they can make it better, get something like a 5 or 6

who the hell would even buy this crap on ps4 with the next god of war around the corner and bloodbourne.

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786: Xbox One sales worldwide were around 400,000-500,000 last quarter... that's shockingly bad performance, as of right now, it's barely better than the Wii U.

The only thing Microsoft has going for it with Xbox One right now is a console more capable of handling third party ports than Wii U, and an ecosystem that actually engages with third party titles, but in terms of pure sales, the Xbox One is turning slowly toxic.

x1 sales will defo pick up, its just a negative mindshare people have right now and its going to take time to turn it around but around christmas this year sales will be a lot better. also ms has money so no way do they allow the big 3rd party games to go exclusive to ps4 not to mention its easy porting to x1

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@edwardecl said:

But Xbox One still has that EA subscription deal right :). That and Halo, Gears, Forza.

X1

Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct S2, Quantum Break, Project Spark. Indies

PS4

Drive Club, The order, Bloodbourn, I:SS add-on, Killzone add-on.. Indies

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

"Ryse has received tremendous promotion and IP awareness."

Yea, everyone is aware its a garbage game. Maybe if it was actually good it would have moved some units.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ladyblue: Oh definitely. The sad thing, though, is that Microsoft actually invested in a fair bit of first party games and studios back in the days of the original Xbox... then shuttered and suspended all of that except for a few big tentpole franchises when Xbox 360 took off.

*sigh*

@ghostwarrior786: Yeah man, I definitely agree. I don't think Microsoft will just sit back and let this happen (particularly not with Spencer at the helm), hell even the original Xbox got a lot of third party support and even exclusives. I just think they have a pretty fight ahead of them on their hands.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Crytek could have made a better game.....I bought Ryse at launch and while it is a treat for the eyes and I didn't mind the gameplay it could have been a lot better. I was annoyed killing the same fat guy with a beard over and over.

Well I was sick and tired of yelling " fire volley" and nothing happening.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@vickissv2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Well I was sick and tired of yelling " fire volley" and nothing happening.

lol really?....that actually worked well for me, even with my surround sound up.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@delta3074 said:

That worked so well for Titanfall amirite?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

System sales are important after all... ms must be preparing another round of checks. Can't afford to lose Titanfall, & Ryse. :P

I predict TF2 will be on SONY platform.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

Does that really need to be a prediction?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By edwardecl

@b4x said:

@edwardecl said:

X1

Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct S2, Quantum Break, Project Spark. Indies

PS4

Drive Club, The order, Bloodbourn, I:SS add-on, Killzone add-on.. Indies

Sunset Overdrive is not owned my Microsoft so will become multi-plat at some point, Quantum Break... I'll give you that one Microsoft seems to own the trademark on that same with the others.

I think from now on when some company boasts exclusive, you are gonna have to check who registered the trademark.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Heil68 said:

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

Does that really need to be a prediction?

To some hoping lems, yes.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Considering that Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall all moved a million or more units, I'm not sure the Xbox One's 8 month tally of 5+ million sales is the issue as much as a lot of people simply didn't buy your game. And that's a shame to me because I'm a big fan of it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

TLHBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS4 domination continuation.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

yes crytek blame someone else lol

your game is a turd!!!!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

They backed the wrong horse and they fucked up... They don't get to be unhappy. They are however, more than welcome to make a console of their own and see how hard it is.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Third party won't drop Xbox One entirely. It just means if there are third party exclusives, it's going to be on PS4 rather than Xbox One or Wii U.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Ryse 2 was cancelled because MS was going to fund it but only if they could own the IP. Crytek was not down with that

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@b4x said:

Makes 4/10 game bitches about sales.

^^Srsly.

Crytek would do well to quit crying and handle their own mess.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

So we have other titles like forza, titanfall and DR3 that moved over 1 million copies each... and yet the problem is the install base of the system?

**** if the x1 had 10 million in sales by now ryse would have still sold like shit. Developers are almost as bad as the fan boy bitches on this forum now.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kjranu

@lostrib said:

Ryse 2 was cancelled because MS was going to fund it but only if they could own the IP. Crytek was not down with that

It's pretty desperate of Microsoft for wanting to acquire Ryse actually. Ryse is a below average title that's received poor reviews all around. Crytek should have just sold the IP for whatever billions of dollars Microsoft usually throws away.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Shame the Xbox fans don't support the system's exclusives.

:P

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kjranu

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Shame the Xbox fans don't support the system's exclusives.

:P

Most of them jumped ship for Playstation nation.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

All that "Console gaming is where the money is at" talk they did last gen really bit them in the butt

"free to play is the future" bit them even harder...