Crytek is Back with New Funding! - Good or Bad?

• 60 results
Posted by WallofTruth (1532 posts) 1 month, 24 days ago

Poll: Crytek is Back with New Funding! - Good or Bad? (63 votes)

I'm glad Crytek is back! Le'ts hope their next games will be better than their last few. 41%
Nope, I hoped they'd close their studios, their games are just not good enough anymore. 13%
I really don't care at this point, their games are hit or miss anyway. 43%
What's a "Crytek"? (Sorry I'm a Sheep, we don't get their third party support) 3%

Seems like Far Cry and Crysis series developer isn't dead, yet. The studio just found a new way of income and will be able to work on more games in the future, yay or nay?

"In recent weeks, there have been repeated reports and rumors relating to financial problems at Crytek. Having already given an update to staff across all our studios, we are now in a position to share more details with members of the press and public.

Internally, we have acknowledged that the flow of information to employees has not been as good as it should have, however we hope you understand that communicating details of our plans publicly has not always been possible.

Like the games industry as a whole, Crytek has been in a transitional phase. Our evolution from a development studio to an Online-Publisher has required us to refocus our strategies. These challenges go along with an increased demand for capital which we have secured.

We can now concentrate on the long term strategic direction of Crytek and our core competencies. We kindly ask for your understanding, that we won't be communicating further details about our developments and progress.

Ultimately, with our organization, capitalization, portfolio and technologies we have now laid the foundations for securing Crytek's future - not just in the short term, but also long term.

Through this period of speculation, we are thankful for the support and encouragement we've received from our community and our partners, and for the contribution all of our staff have made. We remain committed to doing what we are best known for and trying to develop the best interactive experiences and technology possible for everyone who loves gaming.

We are confident that we will be able to share more positive news on Crytek's progress soon."

Source PCGamer
#1 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

They need to go back to PC roots. ditch crysis2/3, homefront 2, ryse and need to announce new ip exclusively for PC (later port to console).

otherwise crytek go F**k off.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

Well, we do need another Crysis game to stack up against console exclusives for the next few years.

#3 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Well, we do need another Crysis game to stack up against console exclusives for the next few years.

in order for them they need to stay away from Evil corporate empire known as EA.

EA force them to make dumbed down console games and now they are going bankrupt.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

EA force them to make dumbed down console games and now they are going bankrupt.

"Ultimately, with our organization, capitalization, portfolio and technologies we have now laid the foundations for securing Crytek's future - not just in the short term, but also long term."

Doesn't look like it.

#5 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

"Ultimately, with our organization, capitalization, portfolio and technologies we have now laid the foundations for securing Crytek's future - not just in the short term, but also long term."

Doesn't look like it.

before EA crytek was doing right. they ally themselve with ubisoft (when they dont suck) and create PC far cry. then Crysis 1 with EA however EA always want multiplatform. as a result crytek blame PC gamers for piracy.

now what happened later? crysis 2/3 failed so was Ryse (both commercially and critically) and now they are making sequel to Homefront a game that no one care about.

#6 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Any1 hoping they closed down are just a dick tbh. You don't have to buy their games or play them so piss off on that regard.

Crytek go back to your roots simple as that.

Cevat is the problem he's a money grabbing whore who put his company standards down to cater for more cash,, and its cost him.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

before EA crytek was doing right. they ally themselve with ubisoft (when they dont suck) and create PC far cry. than Crysis 1 with EA however EA always want multiplatform. as a result crytek blame PC gamers for piracy.

now what happened later? crysis 2/3 failed so was Ryse (both commercially and critically) and now they are making sequel to Homefront a game that no one care about.

I won't give away your identity, man.

But, it's me. freedomfreak. I've read your posts before. Many, many times. I know your stance on everything. It's cool.

#8 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2522 posts) -

Any1 hoping they closed down are just a dick tbh. You don't have to buy their games or play them so piss off on that regard.

Cevat is the problem he's a money grabbing whore who put his company standards down to cater for more cash,, and its cost him.

Well said .

I think they need someone else at Cevat's place . Sadly , they won't learn from mistakes and still follow their F2P dream .

#9 Posted by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

Crytek is going to crash and burn if their next projects are homefront 2 and another moba.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (7837 posts) -

Homefront will flop. Lulz will ensue.

#11 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Homefront will flop. Lulz will ensue.

i mean really. i was watching footage and fall a sleep how boring it was. waste of time

#12 Posted by nutcrackr (12465 posts) -

They don't specify what they are up to though. Could easily mean they are set to make mobile games in the future or more terrible F2P games.

#13 Edited by starwolf474 (552 posts) -

If they finally make TimeSplitters 4 then it is good. If they continue to not do anything with the TimeSplitters franchise then screw them.

#14 Posted by aroxx_ab (9272 posts) -

So getting more money to your company is what make close it down? I thought it was be PC exclusive there most gamers pirate was the bad choice...

#15 Posted by _Matt_ (8867 posts) -

If they finally make TimeSplitters 4 then it is good. If they continue to not do anything with the TimeSplitters franchise then screw them.

This this and more this.

#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6936 posts) -

They need to go back to PC roots. ditch crysis2/3, homefront 2, ryse and need to announce new ip exclusively for PC (later port to console).

Yeah, that's totally gonna happen.

LOL SNIPER Logic

#17 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8625 posts) -

You don't even know what you're talking about

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Its good... Its definately good. Don't get me wrong I'l never buy a single one of their products but I wouldn't deny anybody else from doing so.... Only only insecure people do that.

#19 Posted by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -

Cows/Lemmings = "Yay! Let's see what they can do with it."

Hermits = "You left the PC.. die... Die... DIE!"

Sheep = "Who needs 3rd parties when you've got Mario"

/Thread

#20 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

cant think of one game i liked made by them. yes even crysis 1 the buggy tech demo of a game what a disappointment.

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

Nice.

#22 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -
#23 Edited by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -
#24 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -
#25 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

hmm. I dont think so

A chap of the sausage?

I'm not judging. Everyone's a bit gay.

#26 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

hmm. I dont think so

A chap of the sausage?

I'm not judging. Everyone's a bit gay.

I mean not a relevant to this thread, its spam

#27 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

@system-reboot: Spam like fish?

#28 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

Oh pft. Nobody follows the rules here. Whether it be long quote chains, bandodging, flaming, disruptive posting, bandodging.

Nobody cares.

#29 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6936 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

You don't even know what you're talking about

10/10. Would bang.

#30 Posted by WallofTruth (1532 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Oh pft. Nobody follows the rules here. Whether it be long quote chains, bandodging, flaming, disruptive posting, bandodging.

Nobody cares.

So true. I've flagged some troll posts and got a warning for "false flagging". I guess following the rules is actually against the rules here.

#31 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4517 posts) -

They need to stop running behind consoles cash pot, it ruined many former PC developers at this point. So far, only Rockstar has been able to avoid this fate. But Rockstar is really putting huge quantities of money in consoles releases. Unless you are a billion company, you should stick to PC's stable and safe income.

#32 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -

This can only be good.

#33 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3784 posts) -

It's a good thing if the experience scared them. They will be on their toes far more this time around. Perhaps a new tropical island stealth shooter exclusive to PC? That's the way forward Crytek.

#34 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

before EA crytek was doing right. they ally themselve with ubisoft (when they dont suck) and create PC far cry. than Crysis 1 with EA however EA always want multiplatform. as a result crytek blame PC gamers for piracy.

I won't give away your identity, man.

But, it's me. freedomfreak. I've read your posts before. Many, many times. I know your stance on everything. It's cool.

in other words dance ALT PUPPET...ahhahahahah

#35 Posted by blackace (20282 posts) -

"Like the games industry as a whole, Crytek has been in a transitional phase. Our evolution from a development studio to an Online-Publisher has required us to refocus our strategies. These challenges go along with an increased demand for capital which we have secured."

Uuummm.. who funded them? I guess we'll find out at Gamescom maybe? I know there were several company offering them capital to them, so I'm wonder which big company provided that. The good news is, many of their employees can now keep their jobs. With alll the thousands and thousands of layoff that have occurred over the last 12 months, it always nice to hear when a company can keep paying their employees.

#36 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8625 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

what nice?

The picture FireEmblem_Man posted.

I liked your last sig better than your current one

#37 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -

Keep them around until Homefront is out and flops and then Crytek can go back to dying.

#38 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

I liked your last sig better than your current one

Haha, I bet.

I'll go back to something like that soon-ish.

#39 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

If they stick to the 'F2P is dah future !!!!' mentality that brought them so low (along with creating bad games like Ryse) than it's a bad thing

If they go back to what made them popular and successful in the first place, than it's a good thing

Let's give them a second chance and see what they come up with. But they seriously need to stop wasting resources on crap (Ryse, Warface, their play service that's so forgettable I even forgot the name)

#40 Posted by B4X (3619 posts) -

I never want to see a company and employees lose their livelihood. This is a GREAT thing.

#41 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

I am really glad for them because I like their games and their engine. I want to play more games coming from them. I recently completed Ryse and was stunned with visuals, story, and game play. Looking forward for more of their games to come out. They said that they are going to be an online publisher? I thought publishing games online wouldn't require any kind of payment am I correct?

#42 Posted by GamersJustGame (197 posts) -

They get a bad rep for there lack of enjoyable gameplay (Ryse). But they make the most beautiful games. If they can get a game with smooth gameplay, sky's the limit.

#43 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

@fgjnfgh said:

I am really glad for them because I like their games and their engine. I want to play more games coming from them. I recently completed Ryse and was stunned with visuals, story, and game play. Looking forward for more of their games to come out. They said that they are going to be an online publisher? I thought publishing games online wouldn't require any kind of payment am I correct?

I think they are talking about their g-face platform

#44 Posted by lglz1337 (3133 posts) -

no timesplitters = fuck off Crytek!

#45 Posted by DocSanchez (1564 posts) -

Always good to see a developer rescued. No need for anyone to go out of business and lose their jobs.

#46 Posted by foxhound_fox (87667 posts) -

I hope they go under, I honestly do. They bought Free Radical and the Timesplitters IP and have just relegated the team to making their multiplayer modes for Crysis. They also teased a HD compilation of TS1-3, but wanted a petition with 250,000 signatures before going through with it.

Crytek is a bunch of assholes.

#47 Posted by KBFloYd (13176 posts) -

Cows/Lemmings = "Yay! Let's see what they can do with it."

Hermits = "You left the PC.. die... Die... DIE!"

Sheep = "Who needs 3rd parties when you've got Mario"

/Thread

pretty much this

only console fanboys praying that their system isnt a weak ass wannabe PC are kissing cryteks butt.

#48 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I hope they go under, I honestly do. They bought Free Radical and the Timesplitters IP and have just relegated the team to making their multiplayer modes for Crysis. They also teased a HD compilation of TS1-3, but wanted a petition with 250,000 signatures before going through with it.

Crytek is a bunch of assholes.

Pretty much, if you buy an IP at least fucking use it.

Everything else they have i barely give a shit.

#49 Posted by IgGy621985 (4627 posts) -

I don't think that financial crisis at Crytek has much to do with their games. Not many people know this, but gaming is just one of Crytek businesses.

They made solutions for military and gas/oil companies, and I guess that's where their major amount of income came from.

So I believe that those contracts from Crytek's other businesses fell apart, and that's why they didn't have money left for staff paychecks.

#50 Posted by naz99 (1214 posts) -

It is still pretty laughable that Crysis 1 on the PC outsold Crysis 3 on 3 different platforms......that should have told them something about what they did to their own franchise but i really do think they are clueless to it :-/