Crysis turns 5 years old

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15590 posts) -

a

a

Time sure goes by quickly. [spoiler] Thanks consoles [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

The original has aged quite well, graphics-wise, but I guess that's simply because how slow graphics development has been this gen.

#3 Posted by RR360DD (13100 posts) -
Probably should've waited a day and then made the thread.
#4 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -
The most incredible thing is that if Crysis was released this year it would easily be the 2012 graphics king lol.
#5 Posted by Jebus213 (8926 posts) -
I guess I'll contribute with some Warhead pics: [spoiler]         [/spoiler]
#6 Posted by Cheleman (7891 posts) -

[spoiler] 23471605.jpg [/spoiler]

#7 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10895 posts) -
What a good game it was. After playing the alpha for Cry3, I'm not very interested in that game anymore.
#8 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Still looks better than 99% of games on the market, and is graphics king if mods are included.

I still say Crysis is in the top 2 or 3 best graphics.

I stll play this quite a bit too, the gameplay is awesome. I love going through the levels in different ways. sometimes i take a humvey and smash it through buildings, or ill get a sniper and snipe everyone. Or I can get a rocket launcher and blow EVERYTHING up.

#9 Posted by Jankarcop (10864 posts) -

Cheleman

You care, peasant. :lol:

#10 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Lol blaming consoles. How pathetic

Blame Crytek and EA for getting greedy and wanting that console market rather than staying true to the franchise.

#11 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

Cheleman
Seemingly enough, you do.
#12 Posted by m_machine024 (15233 posts) -

The first pic looks like artwork. Amazing!

#13 Posted by Jebus213 (8926 posts) -

The first pic looks like artwork. Amazing!

m_machine024
They're doctored up bullshots.
#14 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

And it still looks fvcking amazing

#15 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

it taught us that even the most prettiest games can be so generic

#16 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Meeeper282

Have you played it?

#17 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9540 posts) -
Crysis 2 had better visuals :P
#18 Posted by Jebus213 (8926 posts) -

Meeeper282
Crysis was generic?
#19 Posted by Jankarcop (10864 posts) -

Meeeper282

How is Crysis generic lmao, did u play it? oh and 9.5 u mad?

#20 Posted by Jebus213 (8926 posts) -
Crysis 2 had better visuals :PShadowsDemon
Can you prove this without downsampled pictures?
#21 Posted by Jebus213 (8926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Jankarcop

How is Crysis generic lmao, did u play it? oh and 9.5 u mad?

Guess the game wasn't scripted enough. Not enough scripted explosions.
#22 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

Awesome. Good news, kuraimen turned 5 today too!

#23 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

Meeeper282
Could you please be any more blatant?
#24 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17828 posts) -

Apart from the graphics..... Crysis is one of the few games that give a fairly accurate portrayal of cover and concealment using the foliage. I still keep going back to it from time to time.

Edit: Too bad there's no full-blown simulation (ala ARMA 2) based on CE2. It'd make a great training tool for the forested mountains of say, the Philippines and Colombia.

crysisfoliage5.jpg

#25 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15590 posts) -

Meeeper282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-y5KiJt9oxg#t=103s. "currently hyping Black Ops II"
#26 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

Thanks consoles

SAGE_OF_FIRE

They asked me to tell you, you're welcome

#27 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-y5KiJt9oxg#t=103s. "currently hyping Black Ops II"

He's one of the biggest trolls. Don't put in the effort

#28 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

Thanks consoles

Vatusus

Taking orders from inanimate objects now, are we?
#29 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

Thanks consoles

Another-World

He started by talking to them....

#30 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
And I have yet to play it on max settings. I look forward to doing that when I build my new rig. I intend to use whatever mod makes the game look the best.
#31 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

Cheleman
#32 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

Thanks consoles

Another-World

Yes, they pretty cool guys and doesnt afraid of anything

#33 Posted by Fizzman (9886 posts) -

Will probably look better than 90% of next gen console games.

#34 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9572 posts) -

Bad optimization.

Just replayed it a week after the whole free origin game thing happened. Maxed settings... Game didn't look as good as it once did.

Didn't get around to replaying crysis warhead again. But crysis 2 nano suit is far better then 1's and it runs many times better too.

#35 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Fizzman

It looks great but I highly doubt that

#36 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

Bad optimization.

Just replayed it a week after the whole free origin game thing happened. Maxed settings... Game didn't look as good as it once did.

Didn't get around to replaying crysis warhead again. But crysis 2 nano suit is far better then 1's and it runs many times better too.

Truth_Hurts_U
The beauty of Crysis, is that you can stick a mod on the game to make it look even better. When the game first came out, it looked like nothing we had seen. Now its got some challenges from other PC titles.
#37 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

OB-47

Well,looking at what the first next gen console has to offer so far,I don´t see anything there that beats Crysis.
#38 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17828 posts) -

Bad optimization.

Truth_Hurts_U

If you go by frame rate numbers alone, maybe. But, I found Crysis at 25-30 fps plays better than some games at 40-50 fps. Take Oblivion for example. I easily get 40-50 fps in that game while Crysis stays around the low-mid 30's. But, Crysis seemed way more playable.

#39 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

OB-47

Maxed out, I daresay it could at least be better than the first few titles that come out for the next gen consoles.
#40 Posted by ferret-gamer (17391 posts) -

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Bad optimization.

jun_aka_pekto

If you go by frame rate numbers alone, maybe. But, I found Crysis at 25-30 fps plays better than some games at 40-50 fps. Take Oblivion for example. I easily get 40-50 fps in that game while Crysis stays around the low-mid 30's. But, Crysis seemed way more playable.

That is mostly because Cyrsis has a bunch of decent motion blur
#41 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

Fizzman

Hum, it also looks better than 90% of current PC games aswell

#42 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

MrYaotubo

Well,looking at what the first next gen console has to offer so far,I don´t see anything there that beats Crysis.

Not counting WiiU what games exactly are you talking about? The only next gen games I've seen so far were Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 and Crysis doesnt look better then neither of those visually

#43 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17828 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Bad optimization.

ferret-gamer

That is mostly because Cyrsis has a bunch of decent motion blur

I thought that was it. But, I keep motion blur turned off most of the time (along with keeping sound quality at Low) and crysis still feels more playable. Perhaps the game doesn't really turn off all motion blur.

#44 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

Vatusus

Not counting WiiU what games exactly are you talking about? The only next gen games I've seen so far were Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 and Crysis doesnt look better then neither of those visually

Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 are current gen games, and Watch Dogs will only look that good(like the demo) on PC so that's ruled out. We haven't really seen any next gen games as of now, aside from what the wiiu has to offer.
#45 Posted by Basinboy (11490 posts) -

A fantastic shooter with regard to both visuals and gameplay. While Crysis 2 was a departure from a number of the elements that many adored about Crysis, I still feel Crysis 2 was a better game with several superior storytelling and environment elements.

Regardless, both games' cloak ability totally break the design, since you can literally sneak past practically everybody and everything. And some of the guns are very rote, not a lot of creativity in the shooting mechanics. If Crysis had the gun design of Resistance 3, it would be the top sci-fi FPS of this generation.

#46 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

Vatusus

Those two are current gen games,the footage you saw at E3 was from the PC versions,current gen console versions will look significantly worse.
#47 Posted by wiifan001 (18535 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Wow! That looked faaar from generic.
#48 Posted by Blue-Sky (10348 posts) -

It's not that Crysis was ahead of it's time, but that graphics development have lagged behind consoles.

Companies want money and consoles are what makes it. No point in making an expensive graphically beautiful PC game if it can't be ported to Xbox/PS3.

That's why I can't wait for the new consoles,

#49 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] Well,looking at what the first next gen console has to offer so far,I don´t see anything there that beats Crysis.Another-World

Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 are current gen games, and Watch Dogs will only look that good(like the demo) on PC so that's ruled out. We haven't really seen any next gen games as of now, aside from what the wiiu has to offer.

Something tells me we're gonna see both Watch Dogs and star wars looking like that in next gen consoles. The PS3 and 360 still received many last gen games with an HD treatment.

#50 Posted by Vatusus (5453 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] Well,looking at what the first next gen console has to offer so far,I don´t see anything there that beats Crysis.MrYaotubo

Those two are current gen games,the footage you saw at E3 was from the PC versions,current gen console versions will look significantly worse.

Again, what exactly makes you think they wont still be released looking like that on next gen consoles?

Anyway, you still didnt respond my question. What games were you talking about when you said Crysis looked better then what you've seen of next gen? Unless you were talking about the WiiU that is, that is no more then "current gen at 1080p"