Crysis On PS3 And 360 Received a PEGI Rating

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

Source

This pretty much confirms a Crysis announcement tomorrow for PS3 and 360. EA said they'd have a lot of surprises, and Crysis going multiplat would have been a surprise.

#2 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -

600+ post thread incoming!

#3 Posted by MasonLovak (787 posts) -
thats cool. good for people who couldn't run it on pc, such as myself.
#4 Posted by gameofthering (10139 posts) -

Can't wait to see the comparisons.

#5 Posted by SecretPolice (21501 posts) -

I just don't see this going well, I mean, how in the world could this measure up to the PC version. :o I dunno, we shall see I guess but I'd say they should make it a launch title for the next gen consoles instead and then it would not just measure up to the PC but likely surpass it in almost every way, well, except for maybe the Wii U... :P

#6 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22114 posts) -

I wonder if they will run it on cryengine 3. would be nice to see a pc version running on cryengine 3

#7 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21562 posts) -
Sub HD, 28-30 FPS, Missing effects, lots of pop in, less foliage this is what i think.
#8 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3135 posts) -

I wonder if they will run it on cryengine 3. would be nice to see a pc version running on cryengine 3

TheShadowLord07
I would assume that they rebuilt Crysis using the CE3.
#9 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -
Better late then never i guess.
#10 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -

Sub HD, 28-30 FPS, Missing effects, lots of pop in, less foliage this is what i think.TheGuardian03
That was Crysis 2 with a pretty small scale. I'm very curious to see this. I wonder how it will be priced.

#11 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Sub HD, 28-30 FPS, lots of pop inTheGuardian03
Maybe not if they scaled down the graphics appropriately... but I doubt they did, so you're probably right :P
#12 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -
In an interview Cevat said that lack of ram would compromise the games original intent. Although with Crysis 2 not preforming the way they liked, i guess they don't have much choice , a new project or Crysis 3 would be too expensive.
#13 Posted by BigBoss154 (2956 posts) -

In an interview Cevat said that lack of ram would compromise the games original intent. Although with Crysis 2 not preforming the way they liked, i guess they don't have much choice , a new project or Crysis 3 would be too expensive.GeneralShowzer

It was probably EA's decision.

#14 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]In an interview Cevat said that lack of ram would compromise the games original intent. Although with Crysis 2 not preforming the way they liked, i guess they don't have much choice , a new project or Crysis 3 would be too expensive.BigBoss154

EA doesn't own Crytek, they can't make that decision.
#15 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -
Crytek figured since Crysis 2 didn't do as well as they wanted, they might as well try for a quick cash in port. I guess it's good for those that couldn't play it before. I can see many PC vs 360/PS3 screen shot spam threads in the future.
#16 Posted by BigBoss154 (2956 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]In an interview Cevat said that lack of ram would compromise the games original intent. Although with Crysis 2 not preforming the way they liked, i guess they don't have much choice , a new project or Crysis 3 would be too expensive.GeneralShowzer

I'm sure they have some say in what happens with the Crysis franchise, considering they are the publisher.

#17 Posted by Filthybastrd (7124 posts) -

It won't be the real Crysis but I'm sure there will be certain improvements.

Hopefully, it'll pave the way for a more completely Crysis moddding solution or Crysis PC in CE3.

#18 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

Heil68

I'm sure they have some say in what happens with the Crysis franchise, considering they are the publisher.

Well in some cases, but Crytek owns the IP they can do what they want with it.

#19 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -
Crytek figured since Crysis 2 didn't do as well as they wanted, they might as well try for a quick cash in port. I guess it's good for those that couldn't play it before. I can see many PC vs 360/PS3 screen shot spam threads in the future.Heil68
Exactly, they didn't want to risk the integrity of the franchise, they were going to create a brand new Crysis for consoles...Now it seems like they don't even care, they want to drain every cent out of the name.
#20 Posted by charizard1605 (56106 posts) -
Oh dear, I don't see this ending well at all.
#21 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5818 posts) -

If they can some how get better results and optimize the engine better it could work out really well for them. Crysis 2 for the most part played very well on the 360, It was just a few hectic parts that brought the experience down.

#22 Posted by BigBoss154 (2956 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"] EA doesn't own Crytek, they can't make that decision.GeneralShowzer

Well in some cases, but Crytek owns the IP they can do what they want with it.

I know that, but I'm just saying...maybe EA pitched in the idea considering Crysis 2's sales were less than stellar on consoles.

#23 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5818 posts) -

I bet it will be both Crysis and Crysis warhead.... for a budget price maybe :question:

#24 Posted by Masculus (2830 posts) -

Looks like it's the real deal. I wonder: will it be a Far Cry - Vengeance type of game? A port would be unlikely.

I, however, would like Crysis in CE3 (in the PC).

#25 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22114 posts) -

Oh dear, I don't see this ending well at all.charizard1605

I know. anyone have some popcorn? :D:P

#26 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

I bet it will be both Crysis and Crysis warhead.... for a budget price maybe :question:

GTSaiyanjin2
Crysis Warhead would work a little better than Crysis, though even Warhead has some really big areas.
#27 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

This is where certain console gamers start saying they can't wait for it, after saying it's nothing but graphics... right? :P

I will certainly be interested to see if it can be pulled off, and remain playable.

#28 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5818 posts) -

[QUOTE="GTSaiyanjin2"]

GeneralShowzer

Crysis Warhead would work a little better than Crysis, though even Warhead has some really big areas.

Yeah I really cant imagine the 1st Crysis, they would have to re work some of the more open ended levels. Still curious of what they can get on their 2nd attempt on the consoles.

#29 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Well that's good, just hope it has a $40 price tag.

#30 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
I wonder how many people skipped Crysis 2 on consoles because they hadn't played the first.
#31 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3169 posts) -
I played it to death on PC, but I won't mind giving it a go on 360! :D
#32 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

It could work with smaller island and low-medium graphics

#33 Posted by KingsMessenger (2570 posts) -
#34 Posted by MasonLovak (787 posts) -
#35 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22114 posts) -
#36 Posted by adam1808 (264 posts) -

doubt it'll be any good, Crysis was terribly optimised and it's likely going to be a slapdash port. At least with Crysis 2 Crytek put the effort in to make it run reasonably well on consoles

#37 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -
#38 Posted by CuRle_ (268 posts) -
Crysis on consoles? Haha, this should be good. Can't wait to see how bad it looks.
#39 Posted by CB4McGusto (2644 posts) -

It's been a loonngggggg, long time comin' and I knooooooowwwww

Herms am :cry: ?

Crytek trying to make up for the mediocre Crysis 2 sales?

Battlefield 3 becoming more and more consolized each day with new developer info on no mod kits and linear missions?

Now there's no need to build a rig for gaming because all the best PC exclusives am now teh multiplat?

#40 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -

Why didn't they just release the first Before Crysis 2 on consoles?

I bet a lot of people are skipping out on 2 since they haven't played the first, and a lot of people will probably skip out on 1 because 2 is out, and they would assume just play that one.

#41 Posted by TheEroica (13328 posts) -

600 posts coming from those who claim the game will look like crap and in the next breath claim gameplay > graphics.

#42 Posted by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

Yup lots of rumores are going on this week from crysis on ps3/360 to ps4 to new psn.. hope all are true

#43 Posted by Firebird-5 (2848 posts) -

600 posts coming from those who claim the game will look like crap and in the next breath claim gameplay > graphics.

TheEroica

or 600 posts incoming from consolites who have suddenly changed their mind about the gameplay

#44 Posted by lawlessx (46567 posts) -

TheEroica
more like 600+ posts of console fanboys now claiming they are interested in what Crysis has to offer while PC gamers are telling them they will never get the real experience
#45 Posted by navyguy21 (12751 posts) -
There is no way there will be the amount of environmental destruction like in the original. I seriously dont want a gimped, FarCry 2 esque open world where nothing is destructible. FC2 couldve made up for its flaws if everything in the world was destructible. Wouldve made the respawning checkpoints more fun :P
#46 Posted by bobbetybob (19186 posts) -
Be awesome to see it but on Cryengine 3.
#47 Posted by NoodleFighter (6990 posts) -

Didn't consolites say Crysis was nothing but graphics but since they here a chance of it coming to consoles they get all happy.

#48 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

well that is something. I wonder how they'll handle the ps3 version. Will they tweak it or just leave it at a level to be comparable to the 360. Will fanboys claim their console is the best knowing that they can never match a PCs version? How will this play out Batman?

#49 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

If they can some how get better results and optimize the engine better it could work out really well for them. Crysis 2 for the most part played very well on the 360, It was just a few hectic parts that brought the experience down.

GTSaiyanjin2

Crysis 2 was unoptimized in first couple of chapters,probably duo to timeconstraints,later on it was pretty smooth.

#50 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

I am looking forward to seeing that game absolutely butchered to run on consoles. Its gonna be a total joke.