Crysis 3 vs TLOU: Urban Jungle. Which is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yeah yeah, I know we haven't seen TLOU fully yet and it's kinda dumb to pit them against each other because of that, but since when was SW smart?

Anyway, from what we've seen which seems to do the "Urban Jungle" better? Crysis 3 or TLOU? I'm not pitting PC vs Consoles here, I'm talking about the console version of C3 too. For me I think Crysis 3 pulled it off way better than TLOU seems to be doing. The vegetation is so dense and it comes out of everywhere, it really looks like the city is completely taken over by it. TLOU still seems good in that regard but the foliage just doesn't look as good. 

Gameplay and story are a whoooole other topic though and TLOU will wipe the floor with Crysis 3 in that sense. 

Since people likely won't read I will post shots, but I know how this will end. Can't find a console shot of C3 so I will level the playing field. These are for reference, I'm comparing the style more than the actual technical graphics

Screen-Shot-2011-10-03-at-22.01.341.jpgijfthk0j4oucl.jpg

#2 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Crysis 3 probably looks better; Last of Us is Pittsburgh and I want to know if I could go anywhere in Pittsburgh and see what I recognize.

I voted Crysis 3 since it probably looks better.

#3 Posted by Xplode_games (527 posts) -

Pics or vids would be helpful. 

#4 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -
Since when will SW read the OP?
#5 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Crysis 3 jungle may look better, but TLOU has more than just urban jungle though, we don't know all the set pieces & location.
#6 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Pics or vids would be helpful. 

Xplode_games

I was going to but people will say im biased one way or another or using fake pics blah blah blah, you know how these things work

#7 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

Crysis...

The only thing good it has is graphics. 

#8 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

I like this comparison because they both take place 2 decades after everything broke out and I agree, Crysis 3 has a better looking urban jungle but TLoU has a more believable one, which is what I think ND were trying to achieve.

#9 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I was a big fan of Crysis 2 but Crysis 3 is a turd. And I honestly do not think it looks all that great either. Granted I have only payed the 360 version and some multiplayer on the PS3.

TLOU probably beats it pretty easy.

#10 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Crysis...

nitekids2004

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

#11 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

Crysis...

PCgameruk

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

Crysis 1? maybe. Crysis 2 and 3 have very very shallow and boring gameplay. 

#12 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I like this comparison because they both take place 2 decades after everything broke out and I agree, Crysis 3 has a better looking urban jungle but TLoU has a more believable one, which is what I think ND were trying to achieve.

TheEpicGoat

I can agree that the Last of Us is more believable.

I never played Crysis ever but wasn't it engineered to be a jungle?

The Last of Us is believable because it doesn't look like anything that actually manipulated it just looks like nobody did any maintenance on the city.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I can agree that the Last of Us is more believable.

I never played Crysis ever but wasn't it engineered to be a jungle?

The Last of Us is believable because it doesn't look like anything that actually manipulated it just looks like nobody did any maintenance on the city.

More or less yeah, Crysis 3 is in a Biodome that made sort of a greenhouse effect and psed things up a little. TLOU is just nature reclaiming the land. 

But they are very very similar when you think about it

#14 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

Which one looks better? Crysis3
Which one looks like the better game? TLOU

#15 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
GODSIS 3.
#16 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -
I'll wait for non-bullshots to decide ...
#17 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I think it's a bit of a shame they're making TLOU for the PS3 instead of PS4.

I mean, making a next-gen game on last-gen hardware, what a waste...

#18 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

one question...

Are those TLOU screens from actual gameplay?

#19 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
I'll wait for non-bullshots to decide ...blue_hazy_basic
crysis 3 screenshot isn't a bullshot.
#20 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]I'll wait for non-bullshots to decide ...Tessellation
crysis 3 screenshot isn't a bullshot.

Yea, wasn't talking about crysis ...
#21 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -
Against PC version of Crysis 3? That shouldn't be a question. It will be interesting to see the PS3 version compared to TLOU though and I have a feeling TLOU will be better because ND knows the hardware better.
#22 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -
the last of us
#23 Posted by Basinboy (11240 posts) -

Crysis 3 wins anything visual, but even without having played TLOU it's already the better game

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

one question...

rhazzy

Nope, it's a bullshot. But if I used a proper in game shot from the E3 demo cows would flock to attack me for it. Plus the Crysis 3 shot is from PC so it kind of balances everything out in a way. Console E3 TLOU vs Super high res PC Crysis 3 wouldn't have been fair

The thread isn't about how good they look though vs each other. More about which do you think will do the whole urban jungle thing better

#25 Posted by WiiMan21 (8185 posts) -

I can't say considering I haven't played The Last of Us yet.

We'll need to remake this thread when appropriate.

#26 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Against PC version of Crysis 3? That shouldn't be a question. It will be interesting to see the PS3 version compared to TLOU though and I have a feeling TLOU will be better because ND knows the hardware better. Heil68

Yeah I couldn't find any proper Console footage that wasn't in a different area with no grass or wasn't Multiplayer

#27 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

one question...

seanmcloughlin

Nope, it's a bullshot. But if I used a proper in game shot from the E3 demo cows would flock to attack me for it. Plus the Crysis 3 shot is from PC so it kind of balances everything out in a way. Console E3 TLOU vs Super high res PC Crysis 3 wouldn't have been fair

The thread isn't about how good they look though vs each other. More about which do you think will do the whole urban jungle thing better

Oh...
Well, i looked on youtube for TLOU gameplay footage(on E3 i think?) and trailers...and i have to say both games are good at the whole urban jungle theme...maybe the balance leans towards TLOU a bit but just 0000.1 bit :D

#28 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
My money is on ND, they're not called Naughty god for no reason. ;) :P
#29 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I was a big fan of Crysis 2 but Crysis 3 is a turd. And I honestly do not think it looks all that great either. Granted I have only payed the 360 version and some multiplayer on the PS3.

timbers_WSU

What was wrong with Crysis 3? Honest question. I'm a fan of Crysis 2 as well.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Against PC version of Crysis 3? That shouldn't be a question. It will be interesting to see the PS3 version compared to TLOU though and I have a feeling TLOU will be better because ND knows the hardware better. seanmcloughlin

Yeah I couldn't find any proper Console footage that wasn't in a different area with no grass or wasn't Multiplayer

Crysis 3 on PC looks fantastic, no current or future(Yes, PS4 included :P) console game will touch that.
#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Master_ShakeXXX

What was wrong with Crysis 3? Honest question. I'm a fan of Crysis 2 as well.

The gameplay is the exact same as C2 but even easier. Enemies are still dumb, the game is fvcking insultingly short, the story is terrible, characters are worse, environments are cool but you fly through them and a lot of them are forgettable, the leved esign towards the end is really poor and kind of confusing, vehicles segments are terrible too. There is a lto wrong with it, the first few levels are great but it falls apart after that and it resorts to ebing big for the sake of it and it doens't add much to the game. 

Multiplayer is great though

#32 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

Which one looks better? Crysis3
Which one looks like the better game? TLOU

Inconsistancy
#33 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9260 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Crysis 3 wins in graphics. But Last of US prob win in game play. :P