Crusader: No Remorse now free thanks to Origin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT.

This is pretty cool. Crusader was one of my fav games in the 90's.

I'd like to think this was due to EA planning on rebooting/remaking the series. Alas I just presume they are running out of free games to offer their customers.

What say you, men and women of system wars? Ever play Crusader? Any desire to see the series return?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Oh shit! I love that game.

So downloading that. I only played the Ps1 version.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

That´s a great fucking game,I like No Regret a bit better but No Remorse is pretty legit.
I have no interest in a return for the Crusader games simply because they would be nothing like the originals,and for relatively generic TPS we have plenty already.
Unless the original devs got the license and made a kickstarter to revive the series in the style of the originals,then I´d be all over it.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Downloaded it yesterday. Good game back then, although I only played a bit of the sequel.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Downloaded it yesterday. Good game back then, although I only played a bit of the sequel. Still, having fun with it.

Damn GS is glitching right now. :x

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Arach666 said:

That´s a great fucking game,I like No Regret a bit better but No Remorse is pretty legit.

I have no interest in a return for the Crusader games simply because they would be nothing like the originals,and for relatively generic TPS we have plenty already.

Unless the original devs got the license and made a kickstarter to revive the series in the style of the originals,then I´d be all over it.

I meant a similar kind of game in an updated engine, kind of like the new Xcom's.

That Hatred game that was offending everyone a couple weeks back; that uses a similar view point. If they did another Crusader game in that vein, I'd buy it in a second

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@dommeus said:

@Arach666 said:

I meant a similar kind of game in an updated engine, kind of like the new Xcom's.

That Hatred game that was offending everyone a couple weeks back; that uses a similar view point. If they did another Crusader game in that vein, I'd buy it in a second

If they did that then I´d be interested but its EA that owns the license,they wouldn´t do a new Crusader game unless they thought they could modernise it making it into a franchise again,and a game in the style of the old ones wouldn´t be comercially viable for them.
There´s plenty of juicier IP´s they´re sitting on and they dont do anything with them so I imagine Crusader would be really low on their radar for revivals.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Crusader games were bitch to set up on modern PCs via DosBox. They're great games, though. Tony Zurovec is a legend! Do you know he's now working on Star Citizen?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

So many games for free* on PC:

Red Orchestra 2, Payday, Left For Dead 2, Battlefield 3, Dead Space, PvZ, ...

*Free as in costing zip, nadda, nothing. Not free as in you have to pay for a subscription and once you stop paying you lose every single game.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Origin huh? Guess I'm passing on this free game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I still have my original CNR CD from 1995. Still works too (via DOSBox). Ha Ha! Sweet game.

Origin....... What a coincidence. That was the name of Chris Robert's old company which developed CNR, among other games.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

So many games for free* on PC:

Red Orchestra 2, Payday, Left For Dead 2, Battlefield 3, Dead Space, PvZ, ...

*Free as in costing zip, nadda, nothing. Not free as in you have to pay for a subscription and once you stop paying you lose every single game.

At least Sony gives their customers free games when their identities get stolen.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@Salt_The_Fries said:

Crusader games were bitch to set up on modern PCs via DosBox. They're great games, though. Tony Zurovec is a legend! Do you know he's now working on Star Citizen?

Not that hard.

Copy the contents of the CNR CD to a folder on the hard drive.

Mount that folder as C: in DOSBox.

Switch to C: in DOSBox.

Run either the executable or batch file.

Works pretty good for me.

The Origin version suits me just fine though.