Cpt. Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U) coming December 5th (NA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Source: NOA's Twitter

Well, here it is for those interested. I'll be honest, I think this looks like EAD Tokyo's worst game. With Smash on the way (and releasing the same time), I expect this to perform worse than Bayonetta 2.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@nintendoboy16: @#&%! , it's coming that soon? I want this game and hope it's a AAAE title. I want Splatoon as well. May need to get a Wii U this year.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

And only $40 hell yeah. The best part of 3D world comes to life.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Hooray.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have zero interest in this product. I hated those Toad Tracker missions in Mario 3D World. A standalone version sounds terrible to me.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@nintendoboy16: You sound so bitter when it comes to Nintendo. Everything I've read so far today and days past sounds so... Bitter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Absolutely getting this.

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@nintendoboy16: You sound so bitter when it comes to Nintendo. Everything I've read so far today and days past sounds so... Bitter.

It's worse, he has a persecution complex when it comes to Nintendo. *shrug* Oh well

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I understand the holiday rush.... but man Nintendo likes to end load their games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Because I don't think this looks like one of EAD Tokyo's best works? I'm not always bitter when it comes to Nintendo, you know.

But I've been wrong before. Oh god, have I ever.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

That's great news. I had assumed the NA version was getting delayed along with the EU version. I will be getting this day 1. Smash can wait.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Because I don't think this looks like one of EAD Tokyo's best works? I'm not always bitter when it comes to Nintendo, you know.

But I've been wrong before. Oh god, have I ever.

Of course not. I specifically stated that I was commenting on posts I've read from you today and days past. I'm not saying you're trolling, or that you hate them, just that you sound bitter.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Of course not. I specifically stated that I was commenting on posts I've read from you today and days past. I'm not saying you're trolling, or that you hate them, just that you sound bitter.

Kind of hard not to be bitter due to their popularity and relevancy at this point.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Been looking forward to this! Probably the game of the holiday season and at a price point that doesn't make me scream and weep for my wallet. Wii U is the place to be for 2 holiday seasons straight.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Looks neat. I hope they make more $40 retail games for the system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Awesome. I'm going to wait on this though. Will be doing too much Smash.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

40 bucks is a solid price point. I'll be getting this sucker for sure.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@Raptor_Herc said:

Looks neat. I hope they make more $40 retail games for the system.

I wish Nintendo made $70 games... then maybe they would be good! :P

(...Im sure at least a few on this board probably think like this too lol)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Right for my birthday! :D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

And only $40 hell yeah. The best part of 3D world comes to life.

That's good to hear, I might of had an issue if this was going to be $60.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Kind of hard not to be bitter due to their popularity and relevancy at this point.

You're bitter because other people don't give enough of a shit about Nintendo, shallow much?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Still showing 64.99$ over amazon.ca
Wondering if I'll be able to get the price matched to 40$ and apply the 20% off E3 promo since I pre-ordered it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Awesome news!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nintendoboy16

@jg4xchamp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

You're bitter because other people don't give enough of a shit about Nintendo, shallow much?

To be fair, it's not like Nintendo hasn't done anything stupid. Going the "core" route is one of them.

I don't care if one likes Nintendo or not (not everything appeals to everyone). But how it's not worrisome that one of the (once) hugest gaming companies has gone down that far in both of those categories (plus reception) is beyond me.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Looks good but $40?! Damn, man. I assumed this would be a small little $15 downloadable game. $40 is a little steep.

Granted I said the same thing about Rayman Origins last generation and that game proved me wrong. *shrugs* Looks fun but I'm gonna wait on it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

To be fair, it's not like Nintendo hasn't done anything stupid. Going the "core" route is one of them.

I don't care if one likes Nintendo or not (not everything appeals to everyone). But how it's not worrisome that one of the (once) hugest gaming companies has gone down that far in both of those categories (plus reception) is beyond me.

Isn't this something the great Sean Malstrom had explain from time to time?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bigboi500

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

If I recall correctly, he originally said the casuals were the future, and that they'd be loyal to Nintendo (from the Wii) when they advanced their skill. Sales of the Wii U prove that didn't happen. Casuals usually stay casuals, and they lose interest in anything quickly.

Only core Nintendo fans have supported Wii U, so I don't blame Nintendo for not catering to casuals anymore because they're not reliable customers.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

I'll be there.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

That game is giving me a Zack & Wiki vibe, which is a good thing. :)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Great stuff, really looking forward to this! Will probably get it before Smash personally.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Wasn't a fan of the Toad missions in 3D world and don't expect much from this. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Bigboi500 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

If I recall correctly, he originally said the casuals were the future, and that they'd be loyal to Nintendo (from the Wii) when they advanced their skill. Sales of the Wii U prove that didn't happen. Casuals usually stay casuals, and they lose interest in anything quickly.

Only core Nintendo fans have supported Wii U, so I don't blame Nintendo for not catering to casuals anymore because they're not reliable customers.

Sean Malstrom was completely negative towards the Wii U (When it was unveiled) if you haven't payed attention to his current blog. The great one predicted that Nintendo was going nowhere with it, and he's right again as always.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

No, thanks. Bayonetta seems be the last WiiU game for me this year.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bigboi500

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Sean Malstrom was completely negative towards the Wii U (When it was unveiled) if you haven't payed attention to his current blog. The great one predicted that Nintendo was going nowhere with it, and he's right again as always.

Dude flips then he flops. First he says Nintendo's strategy is brilliant, and now it sucks. Bla bla bla. The Wii success was a fluke. Despite selling so much, it didn't help much at all in third party success. Nintendo consoles after SNES have always been without third party support.

They sell enough to appease their fans, and have a platform to release their games. That's good enough for Nintendo and their fans. Armchair analysts and economists can continue to cry "failure" all they want, but it doesn't matter to the ones who matter the most.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FireEmblem_Man

@Bigboi500 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Dude flips then he flops. First he says Nintendo's strategy is brilliant, and now it sucks. Bla bla bla. The Wii success was a fluke. Despite selling so much, it didn't help much at all in third party success. Nintendo consoles after SNES have always been without third party support.

They sell enough to appease their fans, and have a platform to release their games. That's good enough for Nintendo and their fans. Armchair analysts and economists can continue to cry "failure" all they want, but it doesn't matter to the ones who matter the most.

Nope, he doesn't flip and flops, he just does a better job figuring out how the market works