Cows PS3: Sales don't matter!!! Cows PS4: SALLLEESSS!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Shut up with the sales threads already and be realistic.

It's not that the PS4 is that good. It's good and it's slightly better. But it's not that it's that good. The PS4 isn't what's killing the Xbone. Microsoft is. Stop acting like the PS4 is. Just stop making stupid sales threads!!!!

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (43207 posts) -

Sales of the PS3 definitely mattered in the latter part of the generation. I still remember the IDC forecast release...

That being said, yeah, the sales threads need to stop.

#3 Posted by stereointegrity (10706 posts) -

please damage control a little more

#4 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -
#5 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

Sales do matter.

More Sales = More customers. More games. Bigger online community.

#6 Edited by lglz1337 (3419 posts) -

TC butthurt confirmed

let me guess sales dont matter anymore ?

#7 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

PS3 will surpass 360 sales next year

PS3 will outsell the Xbox one (Already is)

I agree that the sales threads need to stop though. Simply avoid them

#8 Posted by farrell2k (5857 posts) -

Finally, a thread that makes sense.

#9 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

sales are back with a vengeance.

why?

because the biggest shock of last gen was the playstation losing after having 70% market share with the ps2.

people (who are dumb) equate sales with quality(when it comes to the playstation and not everything else in pop culture that they hate like preteen vampire books and music).

don't try to understand stupidity, it can't be reasoned with.

#10 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

LOL.

Asking for sales threads to stop on a forum where NPDs and international sales of hardware and software have been discussed for a DECADE.

You joined in August. Coming into a forum this old as a baby and making demands is the height of haughtiness. Who, exactly, do you think you are? Take it from someone who's been here since the Xbox was trying to be relevant in a world of PS2's and Gamecubes: sales threads aren't going anywhere. They are part of the discussion. Whether you like the numbers we're seeing or not is a matter of how big a role your insecurities play in your life and interaction with this web forum and are not our problem.

If you don't like it, I'm sure you can find a subforum here or another forum abroad that will be more suitable to your predilections.

#11 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5160 posts) -

Sony has always cared about sales. They were the ones who made up the rules of the metagame. This is from E3 2003.

#12 Posted by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

System Wars not fanboy wars ~

there's a lot of shit that does need to stop from everyone, this being one of them but not limited to.

#13 Posted by Chutebox (36996 posts) -

Lems and cows (for the most part) are all moronic hypocrites. This is nothing new

#14 Posted by Ghost120x (3800 posts) -

The sales wars will never cease. It is the only metric that fanboys cling to in their sad attempts of self preservation.

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (17336 posts) -

Come on TC, you know every faction is guilty of hypocrisy. They'll say lens and sheep did it last generation, comeback will be ps2 era cows did.

#16 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

there's a lot of shit that does need to stop from everyone, this being one of them but not limited to.

How, exactly, are sales not relevant in "System Wars"?

It baffles me that someone would suggest they aren't. I'd be like talking about the strength of television channels without talking about their monthly prime time ratings. Talking about Ford vs GM without mentioning the trends of car model sales monthly/annually.

Like...what? Sales aren't inherently fanboy related. They may or may not be posted by fanboys, but the numbers themselves are very relevant to analyzing the trajectory and velocity of hardware brands that are in direct competition with one another for your dollar. Which is of course, the essence of the "war" that these systems are in. It is the heart of the competition they have with one another. To suggest otherwise we should stop talking about them because fanboys sometimes use them as proverbial swords to stab the insecure in the chest for massive damage is hilariously near-sighted. It's true that sales are not an indicator of quality (see: Madden, CoD compared with Mario Galaxy WiiU or Tearaway), but that's not the only way to use these numbers. They paint a picture that is part of the larger narrative. A narrative that goes on for years.

Better to demand that System Wars posters figure out what makes them so insecure that discussing sales figures actually leads to them feeling angry/sad/frustrated/insecure...and get their fuckin lives together.

#17 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

LOL.

Asking for sales threads to stop on a forum where NPDs and international sales of hardware and software have been discussed for a DECADE.

You joined in August. Coming into a forum this old as a baby and making demands is the height of haughtiness. Who, exactly, do you think you are? Take it from someone who's been here since the Xbox was trying to be relevant in a world of PS2's and Gamecubes: sales threads aren't going anywhere. They are part of the discussion. Whether you like the numbers we're seeing or not is a matter of how big a role your insecurities play in your life and interaction with this web forum and are not our problem.

If you don't like it, I'm sure you can find a subforum here or another forum abroad that will be more suitable to your predilections.

Lmao it's so cute you said I joined in August. someone should fill you in.

please damage control a little more

You do realize I'm.a cow right?

#18 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Dat damage control. I remember when all that lems and sheep cared about was sales last gen. In fact, lems were still talking about sales well into this year lol. Now all of a sudden they only care about GS scores lol

#19 Posted by Zen_Light (1235 posts) -

Cows have always been sales whores, but had to deny their importance during the early PS3 years.

#20 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Come on TC, you know every faction is guilty of hypocrisy. They'll say lens and sheep did it last generation, comeback will be ps2 era cows did.

I'm just saying...we don't need five billion ps4 sales thread on the front page.

#21 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

#22 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Dat damage control. I remember when all that lems and sheep cared about was sales last gen. In fact, lems were still talking about sales well into this year lol. Now all of a sudden they only care about GS scores lol

LMAOOOO You guys think I'm a lemming. Lllllmmmmmmmaaaaaaoooooo

#23 Edited by Heil68 (43951 posts) -
#24 Edited by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

How, exactly, are sales not relevant in "System Wars"?

It baffles me that someone would suggest they aren't. I'd be like talking about the strength of television channels without talking about their monthly prime time ratings. Talking about Ford vs GM without mentioning the trends of car model sales monthly/annually.

Like...what? Sales aren't inherently fanboy related. They may or may not be posted by fanboys, but the numbers themselves are very relevant to analyzing the trajectory and velocity of hardware brands that are in direct competition with one another for your dollar. Which is of course, the essence of the "war" that these systems are in. It is the heart of the competition they have with one another. To suggest otherwise we should stop talking about them because fanboys sometimes use them as proverbial swords to stab the insecure in the chest for massive damage is hilariously near-sighted. It's true that sales are not an indicator of quality (see: Madden, CoD compared with Mario Galaxy WiiU or Tearaway), but that's not the only way to use these numbers. They paint a picture that is part of the larger narrative. A narrative that goes on for years.

Better to demand that System Wars posters figure out what makes them so insecure that discussing sales figures actually leads to them feeling angry/sad/frustrated/insecure...and get their fuckin lives together.

I'm not saying sales don't matter, I'm saying calling out Fanboys like that on the topic title isn't proper.
Sales do matter, I just think people are going over board with it lately. In which i was referring to them needing to chill a bit. But that's nothing new here, they always follow up on the newest trends. This time being sales I suppose.

And they do know what makes them insecure, it's the internet. It's always been about who's right and who's wrong. They just don't want to admit being wrong.

#25 Edited by RossRichard (2350 posts) -

Cows in 2006: Just wait!!!!!

Lems in 2013: Just wait!!!!!

See? I can do it too.

#26 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

Every one knew the Wii was a joke and the biggest fluke in gaming history.

#27 Posted by NFJSupreme (5295 posts) -

Lems last gen: haha we have the better multiplats

Lems this gen: mulplat quality doesn't matter.

We can go back and forward on this all day.

#28 Edited by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

Your point with what he said?

#29 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

"Hey internet strangers, stop talking about things because I say so!"

#30 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The lem classic quote, "Last place in sales."

The lem current quote, "It's about games, not sales."

#31 Edited by GearsOfWarLover (582 posts) -

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

And is he wrong?? wii has 1222 games and while x360 has 971 according to wikipedia, and wii's online is free so i would assume they also have a bigger online community

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

Cows don't have any good games to play now,so they play sales :(

#33 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@MonsieurX said:

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

Your point with what he said?

That I would use anything that happened with the Wii as a counterpoint to what he said.

#34 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

And is he wrong?? wii has 1222 games and while x360 has 971 according to wikipedia, and wii's online is free so i would assume they also have a bigger online community

Out of those,how many are worth while?

#35 Posted by RossRichard (2350 posts) -

Lems last gen: Our system is $400, yours is $500. Cows last gen: The extra $100 is for quality!!

Cows this gen: Our system is $400, yours is $500. Lems this gen: The extra $100 is for quality!!

Could do this all day.

#36 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Lems last gen: Our system is $400, yours is $500. Cows last gen: The extra $100 is for quality!!

Cows this gen: Our system is $400, yours is $500. Lems this gen: The extra $100 is for quality!!

Could do this all day.

Touche...welcome to Sys Wars.

I'm not saying sales aren't relevant or whatever stupid interpretation people in this thread have twisted the OP into.

I'm saying we don't need a billion threads about sales daily.

#37 Posted by GearsOfWarLover (582 posts) -

@GearsOfWarLover said:

@MonsieurX said:

@narutosup said:

Sales do matter.

*cough* Wii *cough*

Out of those,how many are worth while?

does he mention anything about quality?? all he said was more sales= more games and judging from past generations (wii, ps2,ps1, etc) hes right

#38 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1476 posts) -

Don't know why you wouldn't think cows would be talking about sales, pretty strong point really.

PS1 dominated, PS2 dominated, PS3 seems to be fighting for second, and PS4 is off to a better-than-expected start. The majority of cows' existence stems from talking about sales.

#39 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3539 posts) -

Why is System Wars so obsessed with sales?

#40 Posted by Gue1 (9764 posts) -

the PS4 was going to decimate TC, why you so butthurt? The domination can't be stopped.

#41 Posted by Stringerboy (6968 posts) -

Why is System Wars so obsessed with sales?

Didn't you know? Everyone here is a stockholder.

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (39997 posts) -

Fanboys are hypocrites.

#43 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

Could do this all day.

I'm not saying sales aren't relevant or whatever stupid interpretation people in this thread have twisted the OP into.

There will be new sales threads for new news.

Period.

Anything else you need clarified about System Wars?

#44 Edited by Wild_man_22 (590 posts) -
#45 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

@John_Matherson said:

@RossRichard said:

Could do this all day.

There will be new sales threads for new news.

Period.

Anything else you need clarified about System Wars?

LMAO I'm not liking your tone. Seems like you already had a pre-established grudge against me. All I did was say we don't need a billion sales thread. I've been here on Sys Wars either as long as you or longer.

New thread for new news. How many fucking new news do you need to make for people to understand that the PS4 is leading in sales. The PS4 was leading in sales before both consoles even launched so wtf is the news in that? Since you want to be a smartass, shouldn't these new news you're speaking of be actual news?

I made a thread simply saying we don't need to spam the boards with the same threads over and over again now I'm suddenly the bad guy?

#46 Posted by Zelda187 (757 posts) -

Sales DON'T matter.

How the hell do sales determine the quality of the product?

McDonald's has served more people than any other restaurant on Earth by far...does that mean they serve the best food?

Those shitty Twilight movies are always tops at the box office whenever they're released...does that mean they're great movies?

What matters for consoles are the exclusives. And in that department, both Sony and Nintendo shit all over Microsoft. Unless you're just totally batshit obsessed with shooters.

#47 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42713 posts) -

Expecting consistency with fanboys is ill-advised. Nevertheless, SystemWars... not fanboy wars.