cows, lems, x1 and ps4 will have issues catching Wii u.

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Yo-SUP (235 posts) -

This is reality here many of you don't realize. The 360 and ps3 had strong launches and bad first years in sales.

The Wii u, it is at 4 or 5 million in sales, and with this low economy and higher expenses, x1 and ps4 will also have this problem

difference is the Wii u is a 1080p console that is already cheaper and getting a price drop with New bundles, and a library of over 120 games.

The most X1 and ps4 will sell at most next year is 2.5 million. The Wii u already has a foothold and is gaining increases.

#2 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

LOL

#3 Posted by aia89 (2247 posts) -

The Wii U revolves around its exclusive games, because 3rd party games will rarely see the light on it.

#4 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I think the Wii U is cool.

In the next gen sales war I see it losing it's lead by Q4 2014.

#5 Posted by Yo-SUP (235 posts) -

No, Wii u will end up having a similar to as the Wii.

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (26946 posts) -

Oh boy...

And here we go

#7 Posted by FinalFighters (1247 posts) -

im pretty sure the PS4/X1 will sell over 4 million unites (did the Wii U even hit the 4 mill mark?) by years end. Trust me, Sony and MS have nothing to worry about

#8 Posted by ButDuuude (294 posts) -

@Yo-SUP said:

This is reality here many of you don't realize. The 360 and ps3 had strong launches and bad first years in sales.

The Wii u, it is at 4 or 5 million in sales, and with this low economy and higher expenses, x1 and ps4 will also have this problem

difference is the Wii u is a 1080p console that is already cheaper and getting a price drop with New bundles, and a library of over 120 games.

The most X1 and ps4 will sell at most next year is 2.5 million. The Wii u already has a foothold and is gaining increases.

There's already over a million PS4 pre-ordered and this was back in August.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (40488 posts) -

Both PS4 and Xbone will pass Wiiu within a matter of months of their launch. Wiiu has 3 million units sold in a years time frame, that is not good.

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15951 posts) -
#11 Edited by jer_1 (7245 posts) -

Gonna be pretty hilar to see the PS4 blow the u out of the galaxy, gonna happen real fast that's almost a given. Right about now nintendo should have their heads down coming up with a next gen console, they're going to be pretty late to the party.

#12 Posted by Yo-SUP (235 posts) -

@ButDuuude: which proves nothing and does not disprove the op.

#13 Edited by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

WiiU hasn't even reached 4 million yet lolololol

Don't believe me? Here see the numbers by yourself :

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/wii-u-nintendo-sells-under-500000-in-six-months

And I quote:

Nintendo's target was to sell 9 million Wii U units by the end of the 2014 financial year(Editor's note: Nintendo's fiscal year ends in March 2014); a target which it now seems very unlikely to meet, seeing as lifetime sales of the console currently sit at 3.91 million units.

#14 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25052 posts) -

Did you just say PS3 had a strong launch? :?

#15 Posted by Yo-SUP (235 posts) -

@Desmonic: pretty sure the current finances are at 4 million. But the slow sales will hurt x1 and ps4 as well. Wii u Is on better ground, cheaper, getting exclusive bundles, and price cuts on games and hardware.

#16 Edited by Telekill (3939 posts) -

Did someone really make this thread? If I'm wrong and the OP is correct, I'll gladly eat crow, but I just don't see this scenario happening at all.

#17 Posted by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

@Yo-SUP said:

@Desmonic: pretty sure the current finances are at 4 million. But the slow sales will hurt x1 and ps4 as well. Wii u Is on better ground, cheaper, getting exclusive bundles, and price cuts on games and hardware.

And that's something to be proud of? 4 million in a year? With no next-gen competition? For comparison sakes, by the time the Wii and PS3 released the Xbox 360 had an 8 million or so lead.

Also, slight correction: price cuts on crappy games. Nintendo games (you know, the good ones) tend to not drop in price all that much. Heck I can still find plenty of copies of the first SMG @ 40 euros in stores. Which is a lot for a game from 2007.

Either way, I'm fairly confident both the PS4 and X1 have high chances of closing the gap before the end of the year.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

You guys care way too much about sales here. Just enjoy your games and let the game companies worry about that stuff.

#19 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (4883 posts) -

PS4 will pass Wiiu lifetime sales by the end of the month.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

You guys care way too much about sales here. Just enjoy your games and let the game companies worry about that stuff.

System Wars brah. Not "Enjoy your games....Wars" :P

#21 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@Yo-SUP said:

Normally I would make a joke and say something not nice. BUT, I am really feeling too sorry for you at this point.

#22 Posted by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

It's not "Sales Wars" either. That's just do dumb...

#23 Edited by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Sales are part of it though. They have always been, even in the Sega vs Ninty wars in the 90's. Games, sales, features, specs...System Wars implies all of that. Game enjoyment isn't one of those things though :P

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2564 posts) -

Wii U is gonna annihilate the competition. :drops:

#25 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25053 posts) -

No they won't. It'll be like swatting a fly.

#26 Edited by Suppaman100 (2871 posts) -
#27 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (2564 posts) -

Easy to get you butthurt.

#28 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (4883 posts) -
#29 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2564 posts) -
#30 Posted by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Sales are part of it though. They have always been, even in the Sega vs Ninty wars in the 90's. Games, sales, features, specs...System Wars implies all of that. Game enjoyment isn't one of those things though :P

Nobody gave a fuck when the Wii dominated PS3 and 360 in sales. Nobody gave a fuck when PS3 spent 90% of this generation dead last. Sales don't affect real gamers, just mindless fanboy trolls with no sense.

#31 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman falls on her Amazon ass, laughing hysterically.

#32 Edited by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Nobody gave a fuck when the Wii dominated PS3 and 360 in sales. Nobody gave a fuck when PS3 spent 90% of this generation dead last. Sales don't affect real gamers, just mindless fanboy trolls with no sense.

Like I said, SYSTEM WARS. This is not a place of real world reflection, and I'm pretty sure you know it by now. So I'm not getting the point of your posts really...

I mean if you want to talk about how much you enjoyed this or that game there are other forums for that. In here though you'll mostly see discussions why X system is better than Y system or Z system. To that effect games, sales, specs, ads, even the f*cking colour of the boxes themselves will be used. It's the whole point of this forum.

So yeah...kinda confused right now :P

#33 Edited by stuff238 (540 posts) -

PS4 will outsell it day one.

#34 Edited by Netret0120 (1521 posts) -

Lol no.

PS4 and X1 will sell more units than the wii u in 4-5months probably.

1million preorders alone.

#35 Edited by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Desmonic said:

Like I said, SYSTEM WARS. This is not a place of real world reflection, and I'm pretty sure you know it by now. So I'm not getting the point of your posts really...

I mean if you want to talk about how much you enjoyed this or that game there are other forums for that. In here though you'll mostly see discussions why X system is better than Y system or Z system. To that effect games, sales, specs, ads, even the f*cking colour of the boxes themselves will be used. It's the whole point of this forum.

How are sales "the whole point of the forum"? It's simply one aspect of a bunch of useless junk trolololed here.

You're discussing topic validity and I'm discussing how pathetically useless it is. I'm not saying it's not a valid discussion topic for poops and giggles, and you're probably not saying sales are overly important to gamers.

#36 Edited by Desmonic (10336 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

How are sales "the whole point of the forum"? It's simply one aspect of a bunch of useless junk trolololed here.

You're discussing topic validity and I'm discussing how pathetically useless it is. I'm not saying it's not a valid discussion topic for poops and giggles, and you're probably not saying sales are overly important to gamers.

Because that's not what I said :P I said they are just part of it, therefore valid "arguments" in this fanboy wars. Well techincally anything is valid in these discussions, but whatever XD

Sales are and aren't useless. Depends on the situation. For example, for Sony and Nintendo to have low sales with the Vita and WiiU in the ends doesn't make that much of huge dent since their other platforms are pretty healthy, but should they be in a situation where they are actually really dependant on those platforms, like Sega and Atari once were, then yeah it's a big problem.

Otherwise, it's mostly for sh!ts and giggles online really. Oh, and online bragging rights I suppose :P

#37 Posted by Bigboi500 (27902 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Desmonic said:

Because that's not what I said :P I said they are just part of it, therefore valid "arguments" in this fanboy wars. Well techincally anything is valid in these discussions, but whatever XD

Sales are and aren't useless. Depends on the situation. For example, for Sony and Nintendo to have low sales with the Vita and WiiU in the ends doesn't make that much of huge dent since their other platforms are pretty healthy, but should they be in a situation where they are actually really dependant on those platforms, like Sega and Atari once were, then yeah it's a big problem.

Otherwise, it's mostly for sh!ts and giggles online really. Oh, and online bragging rights I suppose :P

You can never tell on this forum because, believe it or not, there are pathetic people who take this stuff VERY SERIOUSLY!!!! :P

Probably under-dveloped children who think things like Call of Duty selling the most games makes it the best game series ever.

#38 Posted by MonsieurX (26946 posts) -

So,you're telling us that PS4 will sell over 5m in a month?

#39 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (4883 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Wiiu only shipped 3.91 million so far. Not very good at math are you?

#40 Edited by superclocked (5676 posts) -

The only way that this could happen is if Nintendo drops the tablet gimmick and lowers the price to $199 within the next month...

#41 Posted by Muffin2020 (492 posts) -

Even the 720 will sell more than 5 million within a year.

#42 Posted by MonsieurX (26946 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Wiiu only shipped 3.91 million so far. Not very good at math are you?

*Lifetime

Oh yeah,I remember. Wii U's already dead

#43 Posted by k2theswiss (16216 posts) -

Lol if ms/sony can produce enough systems. They will out sell the wii u. In the first month

#44 Posted by lundy86_4 (41641 posts) -

Ohmylol. I'm all for praising the WiiU when it's needed... But lol.

#45 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

What's with all the joke threads lately? There must be some actual news floating around to pick apart.

#46 Edited by DocSanchez (1102 posts) -

An asthmatic snail would have no problems catching the wii u.

At this stage the decent thing to do would be for all the sheep to gather round whilst they are all put in a coffin and buried underground. The UK are sending them back to Nintendo. I am sure the note included in the package was a sarcastic "have another go".

#47 Posted by OctavianZarda (491 posts) -

While I believe that the PS4 will end this gen with the most units sold, something tells me that the Wii U will outsell both the PS4 and Xbone this Holiday season. The true sales battle will be Holiday 2014.

#48 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

The Wii U is about to get swept under the damn rug. Both will overtake it by spring.

#49 Edited by Kingpin0114 (2497 posts) -

I could see the PS4 being ahead of the WiiU by the end of March and the Xbone ahead of it by the end of Spring.

#50 Edited by foxhound_fox (85279 posts) -

It all depends on how well Mario Kart and Smash Bros. take off. And what Nintendo has planned for Xmas 2014.

Good lord, it's almost 2014.