CounterSpy (PS3/Vita)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8785 posts) -
 Today, Sony has revealed an all-new game coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita: CounterSpy. CounterSpy comes by way of developer Dynamighty, a 10 person team of passionate game makers founded by ex-LucasArts and Pixar employees. This is their first game, and it will also eventually be coming to mobile platforms in addition to Sonys console and handheld. The game revolves around an organization called C.O.U.N.T.E.R., and the game itself takes place during the Cold War as two opposing Super Powers [are] embroiled in a frenetic Arms Race that threatens the existence of humanity. Interestingly, you work for neither side. Youre instead trying to sabotage both of their plans so that they dont ultimately bring about the end of the world with their powerful arsenals. CounterSpy is a side-scrolling game akin to Flashback, Out of This World, Impossible Mission, Metroid and Shadow Complex. Were inspired to deliver something that brings our own voice to this genre, Dynamightys David Nottingham notes. The game is entirely single-player focused, though youll be able to compete with your friends via high scores, and the studio promises to talk more about our cross-platform plans in future updates. Its unclear when CounterSpy will be released, though its safe to assume that its a 2013 title.  Link They had me at Flashback, Metroid, and Shadow Complex. :o
#2 Posted by Blabadon (26662 posts) -
More Metroidvania(esque) games are great on my Vita after Guacamelee.
#3 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

Sony just never stops bringing the games

#4 Posted by m_machine024 (15020 posts) -

Nice visuals. I'll check it out. 

#5 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Sony is releasing games at a rate only comparable to the rate at which M$ doesn't release any games. Thank you Sony!
#6 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

I like this new approach of Sony... cross platform games. Games you can play on both PS3/PS4  and  PS vita.
I think they're just trying to build a strong PS family... from now on most of the exclusives will be regarded as SONY family exclusive.

#7 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

Sony is releasing games at a rate only comparable to the rate at which M$ doesn't release any games. Thank you Sony!kuraimen

How can you not like Playstation after that? Next gen SONY will take the crown once again...... MONARCHY I say.

#8 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8785 posts) -

I like this new approach of Sony... cross platform games. Games you can play on both PS3/PS4  and  PS vita.
I think they're just trying to build a strong PS family... from now on most of the exclusives will be regarded as SONY family exclusive.

V3rciS
Umm, no. :|
#9 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

Xaero_Gravity

Umm, no. :|

Well obviously you won't have games as TLOU and Beyond on Vita but still their support for cross platform is growing steadily...

#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (25301 posts) -

They announced 2 other games for PS4, PS3 and Vita... sony on a roll today