Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

"They also made a deal with the developer of the mod to finish it (the Xen levels are missing) and then they'll publish it into a retail game."

I thought you meant that Valve were helping development when you said "they made a deal to finish it"

Is Valve publishing a retail release or just publishing the game on steam ?

And yeah, it did go pretty dark. But the same thing happaned before the release of Black Mesa mod, everyone thought the mod was canceled or something.

The deal is that they can finish it and the Xen levels will be on steam. Valve won't help with the development outside of giving them direct support and the latest build of the Source engine which as modders they don't have.

I believe Valve will "publish" the Steam Release.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@Wasdie said:

The deal is that they can finish it and the Xen levels will be on steam. Valve won't help with the development outside of giving them direct support and the latest build of the Source engine which as modders they don't have.

I believe Valve will "publish" the Steam Release.

Ah, I see.

I thought they were buying or licensing the latest version of source (dota 2/Cs go).

Anyway, the game already looked great on the last version of source it used, and for basically using a bunch of assets created by different people with different experiences :)