Could Bayonetta 2 become bigger then call of duty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Bayonetta 1 didn't exactly set the charts on fire, but that was mainly due to it being an unproven IP, now that everyone has witness how great it truly is, i think the sequel could not only revitalize the Wii U, but it could destroy call of duty

#2 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19845 posts) -

Just stop it.

#3 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3191 posts) -

New thread trend? New thread trend.

#4 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21181 posts) -

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3203 posts) -

lol bayonetta 2. the sooner ninty realise no one cares about 3rd party games on their console the better. only way to save wiiu is by offering it as a cheap nintendo box

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3191 posts) -

Could Sweenix become bigger than freedomfreak?

#7 Posted by Animal-Mother (26139 posts) -

Can the bad threads finally come to an end?

#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25682 posts) -

lol bayonetta 2. the sooner ninty realise no one cares about 3rd party games on their console the better. only way to save wiiu is by offering it as a cheap nintendo box

You mean those same third party games that, at the same time, gamers badger them for?

#9 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9139 posts) -

Uhhh no....that game does not appeal to the masses....hell I hated the first one.

#10 Posted by g0ddyX (3864 posts) -

lol. Bayonetta 2 is a cheap anime trash.
Story is crap, her hair and its attacking is crap, enemies are crap, levels are crap..etc etc.
It got plus on its fluid combat... thats it.

Nor will it save the Wii U either.

#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3191 posts) -
#12 Edited by Heil68 (42422 posts) -

if it sells 1 million copies, I'll be shocked...That would require roughly 1 out fo 4 people who own a WiiU to buy it.

#13 Posted by Stringerboy (6869 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

lol. Bayonetta 2 is a cheap anime trash.

Story is crap, her hair and its attacking is crap, enemies are crap, levels are crap..etc etc.

It got plus on its fluid combat... thats it.

Nor will it save the Wii U either.

The only good thing about Bayonetta is it's awesome combat.

Everything else is horrendous.

#14 Posted by g0ddyX (3864 posts) -
#15 Edited by TheEroica (12958 posts) -

Better? Sure... Lots of games are better than cod.

BIGGER? BAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAJA. no.

#16 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

If they put more tits and ass then.............................................

still no.

#17 Edited by lamprey263 (22247 posts) -

It might sell better than Ghosts did on Wii U but that's about it.

The first Bayonetta did excellent critically and due to good word of mouth was actually was actually able to sustain sales a bit longer, but it made like 2 million on two systems with a large install base, I think Nintendo will be damn lucky if it can even break 500K on Wii U, even if it's an excellent game.

I expect greatness though from the sequel. The first game was a solid beat em up. I don't know why it gets knocked for story though, it's about as nonsensical as its DMC predecessors. Then there's some people that rip on it for being a DMC knockoff, like they're unaware that it's made by the same creator as the DMC games, plus it's not like the Platinum heads could just take their IPs with them when they left Capcom.

#18 Posted by Vatusus (4177 posts) -

lolwat

are u serious?

#19 Posted by silversix_ (13390 posts) -

Will sell 100k at most so only missing 20+ million

#20 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

You are just talking about total sales on the WiiU?

If the answer to the above question is yes then quite likely.

If the answer to the above question is no then you are a dumb fuck wit who should examine your sense of reality.

#21 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

Well, different genres...

And not a lot of people played it, so not that many have seen its "greatness"

Very small install base..

I don't think it's going to do well.

#22 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6006 posts) -

Even by sweenix standards, this thread is awful.

#23 Posted by drekula2 (1872 posts) -

bayonetta 1 was average-at-best. combine a combat system with decent mechanics but no sense of reward with a horribly dumb character and what else could you expect

#24 Posted by Vaasman (11069 posts) -

Please don't waste threads on stupid questions.

#25 Edited by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Nintendo bought the game as an exclusive so if it fails then don't be surprised to see big losses in terms of revenue the company will be kicking themselves for making it only for Wii U.

#26 Edited by UevenLiftBro (70 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Bayonetta 1 didn't set the charts on fire, but that was mainly due to it being an unproven IP, now that everyone has witness how great it truly is, i think the squeal could not only revitalize the Wii U, but it could destroy call of duty

#27 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

Are you on crack?

#28 Posted by Speak_Low (685 posts) -

Nintendo bought the game as an exclusive so if it fails then don't be surprised to see big losses in terms of revenue the company will be kicking themselves for making it only for Wii U.

This.

Now is a bad time for dev partners be a Nintendo exclusive. SEGA now regrets that stupid deal they made with Nintendo.

#29 Posted by PsychoLemons (1877 posts) -

"Than"

#30 Edited by Gargus (2147 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Bayonetta 1 didn't set the charts on fire, but that was mainly due to it being an unproven IP, now that everyone has witness how great it truly is, i think the squeal could not only revitalize the Wii U, but it could destroy call of duty

#31 Posted by WallofTruth (928 posts) -
#32 Posted by trugs26 (5072 posts) -

This is almost as bad as the Knack vs Mario thread.

#33 Edited by BattleSpectre (5945 posts) -

I'm glad you have high expectations of the game and I'm sure it will be great, but you took it a little too far. It will not and could not destroy the amount of sales Call of Duty receives. In fact it being only on the Wii U will harm sales in a big way. Will it smash Call of Duty sales? Not in a million years. Will it get close to Call of Duty sales? I don't even have to answer that.... the answer is a very firm NO by the way.

#34 Posted by soulitane (13364 posts) -

If only your threads were even half as amusing as you think they are.

#35 Posted by nini200 (9295 posts) -

Yeah it could (anything could) but it's not going to.

#36 Edited by Zaire_nxtgen720 (75 posts) -

lol

#37 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25682 posts) -

@chocolate1325 said:

This.

Now is a bad time for dev partners be a Nintendo exclusive. SEGA now regrets that stupid deal they made with Nintendo.

Where is the link to SEGA saying that?

#38 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2048 posts) -

#39 Posted by Lostfool (5573 posts) -

Haha no

#40 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8129 posts) -

Not in sales, definately not in sales. Player Skill is a dying art in Video Games. Way too many people out there that fear a good challenge.

#41 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8129 posts) -

@ drekula2

Incentivising people to keep playing a game can have a few reprocussions. Challenge is the Ultimate incentive and I think Bayonetta has that in Spades.

#42 Posted by da_illest101 (7401 posts) -

Bayonettrash 2 isn't going to accomplish anything. It's going to sell a fraction of the first one and it's going to disappear and we'll never hear about that crappy series ever again

#43 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Sequels never outsell originals well majority of the time.