Co-op survival games other than L4D???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kakanoucia (245 posts) -

I was wondering if there are any co-op survival horror games other than L4D or resident evil 5 available. It really seems like an interesting combo to me personally although the "horror" part is sort of taken away from the game but I was thinking of something like Dead Rising co-op or anything similar to that?

I also had this idea for a silent hill co-op game which sounds like a dull idea but i thought itd be pretty cool if its online co-op only and you and your partner are in two completely different versions of silent hill and are communicating to help each other move forward get through the story and the static noise which signals that an enemy is nearby can disturb your communication with your partner through the mic and keeps you guessing on which teammate has an enemy coming. I guess it still won't be as scary but it sounds pretty cool.

Anywho I was just wondering if there are any games like left 4 dead available, I really like that sense of survival with your team members.

#2 Posted by imelitenow (613 posts) -
l4d cuz its not on ps3
#3 Posted by wooooode (16665 posts) -
This may be a little off topic but Doom 3 had a great co-op online.
#4 Posted by kakanoucia (245 posts) -
Well I own all 3 consoles and yes i have tried L4D and its really ALOT of fun and at the same time still sort of kept this horror feel to it thanks to the music. I was just wondering if there are any games that offer that kind of feeling even with a friend or 2 playing with you.
#5 Posted by kakanoucia (245 posts) -

This may be a little off topic but Doom 3 had a great co-op online. wooooode

Oh I didn't know Doom 3 had co-op, never actually played the game honestly i've only seen my brother play it for the pc n it did look pretty freaky because of the light from the flashlight not really lighting up much it really had me thinking what could be around the next corner. But again my brother played it and i didn't so i never really experienced the jump-scare moments in the game but thanks for the recommendation:D.

#6 Posted by Lewisite (511 posts) -

l4d cuz its not on ps3imelitenow

lol wtf.:lol:

#7 Posted by FROMtheRED (26 posts) -

RE: Outbreak and RE: Outbreak Case File #2, but I've never played them or know if anyone still plays them.

Edit: I forgot HL2 mods like Zombie Panic and Zombie Master, but they're more two-team multiplayer.

#8 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Dead Rising 2 whenever it comes out (maybe 09, it was already announced) needs online + splitscreen coop, also halo 3 coop is fun tho not a SH game
#9 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="imelitenow"]l4d cuz its not on ps3Lewisite

lol wtf.:lol:

Didnt you get the memo , his 2nd in rank for lems , under cole protocol. surprised no1 has mentioned nazi zombies in cod:waw
#10 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
nazi zombies cannot compare to l4d
#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
nazi zombies cannot compare to l4dSAGE_OF_FIRE
he didnt say what are the best.. he clearly says what are other options other then l4d resident evil 5... Nazi zombies being one. (not a full game but still)
#12 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6561 posts) -
Aliens: Colonial marine, should fit in there neatly, its not out yet tho... they aim for a q1 release tho, so wouldnt be too far away. I have high hopes for this one.
#13 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]nazi zombies cannot compare to l4dcampzor
he didnt say what are the best.. he clearly says what are other options other then l4d resident evil 5... Nazi zombies being one. (not a full game but still)

If you could level in nazi zombies it would have been better
#14 Posted by kakanoucia (245 posts) -
Completely forgot about the nazi zombie mode looks like fun but I guess left 4 dead sorta had my mind made up at the time i may rent call of duty world at war for it though thanks for the recommendations guys:D. Also about resident evil outbreak i haven't heard good things about the online for the game and it is pretty old now so i doubt people play it online still but thanks for that anyway:).
#15 Posted by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -
fully patched SystemShock2 has a good co-op AFAIR
#16 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

Killing Floor UT2004 mod.

Does not get much better than that, as far as mods against bot hordes go folks

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/4/3828/25Shot1.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/4/3828/25Shot4.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/4/3828/25Shot5.jpg