Convince me which handheld to get please!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

Ok i am buying a new handheld system but both the DS and PSP intrest me which is where you guys come in. Please try to convince me to buy which ever one you want by telling me whats good about it and why. Under this i put my thoughts on both so anyone who is helping me these are my current thoughts on them.

PSP

1. I like sony more than nintendo, 2. I own a PS3, 3. games look better but loading times annoy 4. more expensive than DS 5. scared of a redesign after i buy one 6. I hear about problems with controls

DS

1. Less expensive all around, 2 smaller, faster load times, 3. I dont own a wii 4. games not as apealing 5. I would feel safer with DS cause its less likely to fail 6. not a huge mario fan but i would probobly get a mario game

if you recommend me with a system please list good system games also i prefer action games

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

PSP.

All those PS games you love to go.

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
You already wrote down the pros and cons for each system. Why dont you make the decission. Other people will just tell you what system suits them best.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

PSP

1. I like sony more than nintendo,

-PS360-
I think you just answered your own question. If you like sony then i doubt you will like the quirky nintendo games.
111v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 111v
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
i have both but i find myself playing the psp much more, there are alot of great games that i play on it frequently and the online is very good. you get a good amount of multimedia options and some pretty decent graphics.
beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
get a DS -.-.. although i wanted a psp for some games but no amount of games is gonna make me feel good about the price of a psp $250. you dont need a wii or ps3 to enjoy your handheld. if you want to play safe go DS since its selling good. theirs plenty of action/adventure games on DS - kirby, mario, castlevania.. thats just the ones im interest in but plenty more.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
Seems like you want a PSP... the DS doesn't seem like your type of handheld.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
DS by about 8.234 miles.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Well, do you like playing games, or do you like multimedia? If you must have multimedia get the PSP. If you want a easy to carry system with a lot of innovative games get a DS. Its all preference.
mercenar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mercenar3
Member since 2006 • 2238 Posts
psp would be better for you imagine a ps/ps2 on the go. Now ds is more of a n64/snes on the go except with mostly mario and other games. i wouldnt really reccomend using psp for music but it is fun to download vids of the rss channel.
-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -PS360-
see thats the thing i do like sony more but that doesnt mean i want their handheld. For homeconsoles to me its one thing for handheld its soemthign else, im just really not sure if i will like playing ps2 type games on the go (PSP) or somethign like nintendo unique type games (DS). This is just an example but you should get what I mean.
FlashMan2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlashMan2006
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts
Just get a DS, its cheap. $200 for a PSP? Please... Or wait until December for a DS Lite price drop, hopefully.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts
DS for games! PSP for multimedia! DS for games like Jump Ultimate Stars(import), Mario Kart, and other games! PSP for games like uh...Metal Gear Solid!
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

it really depends how you are going to be playing your handheld.

If you're going to be in a stationary spot for a long time (w/ power supply) and you need something portable to pass the time go w/ the psp.

If you need a handheld randomly, and really weird places while running errands (like at the DMV, waiting for food, on the bus) you're better off with the DS. 

caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts

From your reasons, get a PSP. The loading times aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -PS360-
what ds games can go online?
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts
see thats the thing i do like sony more but that doesnt mean i want their handheld. For homeconsoles to me its one thing for handheld its soemthign else, im just really not sure if i will like playing ps2 type games on the go (PSP) or somethign like nintendo unique type games (DS). This is just an example but you should get what I mean.-PS360-
Try it out then, ask your friends to borrow the psp and ds and see for yourself which on is good for you and ask them which one is better....hey...your friends opinion is much better than fanboys in system wars.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
what ds games can go online?-PS360-
Mario Kart : DS Animal Crossing Metroid Prime : Hunters Diddy Kong Racing Tony Hawks Tetris DS Custom Robo Arena To name a few.
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
I would wait and see what happens with the PSP this fall. There is suppose to be a redesign coming and I am sure a price drop will happen too.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Instead of getting a PSP or DS, why not get the good ol' GBA? It can play both GBA and GBC games, something the DS cannot do. ;D

Get the handheld with the games you want the most. It appears as though you want the PSP, but you should look at a list of games for both to make sure.

dackchaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 dackchaar
Member since 2005 • 3668 Posts

PSP.

All those PS games you love to go.

Blinblingthing

That's exactly what's wrong with psp. 

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
You just said the games on the DS aren't as appealing...so the choice is obviously a PSP.
xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xboxdevil
Member since 2006 • 1170 Posts
Would definatley recommend the DS, but it sounds like you've already made your mind up on the PSP. I own both, but I've found that the only enjoyable games on the PSP tend to be racing games. Controls are rather screwy and not suited for a lot of the games on the PSP, IMO.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
do yourself a favor and get a ds. i went the psp way 2 years ago and i totally regret it.
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts
I suggest the DS
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Get a DS, there's no reason to get a PSP if you have a PS3.
Jubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jubedube
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts

From your reasons, get a PSP. The loading times aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

caje47
I once tried to play Dynasty Warriors on a psp. I remember that I saw the loading screens more then actual gameplay.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
DS. It plays DS and GBA games. Two full libraries of games to choose from.
driverlhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 driverlhere
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
I think the DS is alot better, but seeing how you are a sony fan, maybe you should go with the PSP.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I own a psp and my brother owns a ds, we both personally prefer the more mature and traditional games that the psp has to offer while certain games on the ds can be entertaining for a bit before the novelty whereas off. If you want multimedia (don't believe the guy that said don't use your psp for music bc if you get a 2gb card you should have plenty of room for it and games) then psp is the way to go. Yes psp is full of crappy ps2 ports, but 2006 was a very good year for ps3 games.good games on the psp are: MGS: Portable ops, syphon filter: dark mirror, ratchet and clank, tekken dark ressurrection, daxter, killzone: liberation, lumines, monster hunter, and gta:lcs/ vcs.  If you like those games more than something like brain age or mario then i suggest psp. It all depends on your taste for games.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

get the DS,  why ?? many many games to choose from, some are kiddy games, but there are also many action/RPG games like FF's series, plus the one that are comming this months, Brain Age's, Advance Wars... etc and many other ones......

Its a lot cheaper than the PSP, you dont have to buy alot of accesiories, new way to play, longer battery life, easier to carry...

its selling 2x times more than the PSP, so that means it will succed in the handheld war..... it also plays some GBSP games, so you have more choices, also theres an incoming web browser ( not as good as the PSP one, but you can surf on it ) well, those are just a few things that made me choose to get one over a PSP, i'll wait for this fall an see if theres a price drop to...99.99 :P

skyvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skyvader
Member since 2003 • 946 Posts

I have both and can say they are both great. I like playing metal slug on the psp but also advance wars dual strike on the ds. I just recently picked up the datel max media dock and a 2gb cf card for the ds and can actually play movies on it. It plays them pretty good. Not as good as the psp but I can use the same movie files and music files on both with no problems. I guess if you are in the market, try and find a used one. Don't look down on the previously owned market as you could get lucky and get both for what you would pay for the more expensive of the two (psp) new in stores.  I don't have a ps3 but I would like to try out that ps1 dl service.