Consolites are too young to know it, BUT PC dominated since SNES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

And you wont provide proof for your stupid claims.  It's about the same

clyde46

Proof of what?

That console games routinely sell 5+ mil?

If you think that's not true then you're delusional. Nobody can help you.

To determine whether that claim is true, you have to provide evidence to back up your claim... Debating 101.

It's not my job to provide a baseline knowledge that everyone should already have.

Do your own homework.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#302 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Proof of what?

LazySloth718

To determine whether that claim is true, you have to provide evidence to back up your claim... Debating 101.

It's not my job to provide a baseline knowledge that everyone should already have.

Do your own homework.

Again, you have to back up claim up regardless of "how well known" you think it is. All you are doing currently use trying to use an opinion and pass it off as a fact. Its not my problem to dig up links to prove whether your claim is true or not as I see no evidence presented by yourself to support your claim.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Proof of what?

LazySloth718

Do your own homework.

Um actually it is, that's how arguments work

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 LazySloth718

Either way, he still needs to provide proof. And, please oh please, do not link VGChartz.

Primordialous

VGChartz is about as credible as "PC Gaming Alliance" to pretend PC gaming is growing.

Where's the Steam numbers?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Depends on what he's referring to- popular games like CoD, Battlefield, etc OR just console games in general.

Either way, he still needs to provide proof. And, please oh please, do not link VGChartz.

clyde46

Also, if we're talking exclusives then it's not routine either.  I think most PS3 exclusives struggle to  1 million +

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=3028

I think most PS3 exclusives sell well, its PS3 multiplats that bomb.

Yeah, but I dont think they're selling 5 million + routinely

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#306 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

Proof of what?

LazySloth718

Do your own homework.

Link.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Also, if we're talking exclusives then it's not routine either.  I think most PS3 exclusives struggle to  1 million +

lostrib

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=3028

I think most PS3 exclusives sell well, its PS3 multiplats that bomb.

Yeah, but I dont think they're selling 5 million + routinely

Some do, some don't.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] To determine whether that claim is true, you have to provide evidence to back up your claim... Debating 101. clyde46

Do your own homework.

Again, you have to back up claim up regardless of "how well known" you think it is. All you are doing currently use trying to use an opinion and pass it off as a fact. Its not my problem to dig up links to prove whether your claim is true or not as I see no evidence presented by yourself to support your claim.

Did Halo 4 sell over 5 mil?

Did UC 3 sell over 5 mil?

Did MW3 sell over 5 mil?

Did FIFA sell over 5 mil?

Did Gears 3 sell over 5 mil?

I'm not going to run down links for every argument, I might have to get those links again for the next jackass who needs "proof."

As I said, if you can't accept these basic facts then there is nothing to really talk about as you prefer to waste time instead of have a real argument.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 clyde46

Do your own homework.

LazySloth718

Did MW3 sell over 5 mil?

I'm not going to run down links for every argument, I might have to get those links again for the next jackass who needs "proof."

As I said, if you can't accept these basic facts then there is nothing to really talk about as you prefer to waste time instead of have a real argument.

They are baseless claims. What you are doing is passing off assumptions as facts. This is a real argument and in a real argument both sides have to provide evidence to support their claims.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Again, you have to back up claim up regardless of "how well known" you think it is. All you are doing currently use trying to use an opinion and pass it off as a fact. Its not my problem to dig up links to prove whether your claim is true or not as I see no evidence presented by yourself to support your claim. clyde46

Did MW3 sell over 5 mil?

They are baseless claims. What you are doing is passing off assumptions as facts. This is a real argument and in a real argument both sides have to provide evidence to support their claims.

Proof is provided daily.

And re-asked for daily.

I'm not playing the "waste your time" game.

Waste your own time.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 lostrib

Do your own homework.

LazySloth718

Did MW3 sell over 5 mil?

thats 5 games, how is that routine

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Lazysloth is trolling.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 clyde46

Did MW3 sell over 5 mil?

LazySloth718

Proof is provided daily.

And re-asked for daily.

Waste your own time.

Then you have not a leg to stand on in this argument. All your opinions in this and any future thread are null and void.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 LazySloth718

Show me proof that PC gaming is actually growing.

And don't use "PC Gaming Alliance" statistics.

Show numbers.

There, now we waste each others time.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] They are baseless claims. What you are doing is passing off assumptions as facts. This is a real argument and in a real argument both sides have to provide evidence to support their claims.clyde46

Proof is provided daily.

And re-asked for daily.

Waste your own time.

Then you have not a leg to stand on in this argument. All your opinions in this and any future thread are null and void.

My impact is already made.

See even Jangar is crying.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#316 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19376 Posts

Funny seeing how PC gamers demand proof, but refuse to give any proof themselves... Hypocrisy at its best.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 lundy86_4

Show numbers.

LazySloth718

Did anybody claim that here?

Learn what "burden of proof" is, and get out of your six year old mentality of, "No, you!"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 lundy86_4

Funny seeing how PC gamers demand proof, but refuse to give any proof themselves... Hypocrisy at its best.

Jag85

Stop generalizing. In this instance, proof is required, as Burden of Proof rest with Lazysloth.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 lostrib

Show numbers.

LazySloth718

the fact that steam concurrent useres continues to increase each year, and the number of steam accounts.  And that Steam continues to grow year over year: http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverchiang/2011/02/15/valve-and-steam-worth-billions/

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

lundy86_4

Stop generalizing. In this instance, proof is required, as Burden of Proof rest with Lazysloth.

Honestly, I've lost count how many times I've demanded proof for some of the outrageous claims made by PC gamers in this thread... yet not a single one of them ever provided any evidence. How disappointing.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 clyde46

Show numbers.

LazySloth718

Where do you see the PC gaming industry in five years?
I think PC gaming is going to explode. Battlefield was founded on PC, so we feel very close to the PC community. With Battlefield 3, we've chosen to make our main SKU the PC version. Not that we're giving any less love to the console version, but the PC version needs to be true to its PC roots, and that's why we have PC-specific features, like 64 players. That in combination with the rise of e-sport community is something that we strongly believe in as well. This is the future. We have e-sports on consoles as well. I'm not dissing that in any way, but PC is probably the major platform for the e-sports community. And this is just starting to grow from being a subculture to becoming something much, much bigger. That's definitely going to be a kick-starter for PC gaming.

There's also the fact that the PC gaming platform itself is getting so powerful that you can do a lot more on it than the consoles. I'm not saying the console cycle is ending in any way, but it's getting toward the end. We're getting close to the limit of what we can do. We know that there's more power to find when we do more optimizations and when we have smarter solutions. We know by the end of console cycles that the games that were shipped at that time looked a lot better than games that were launched at the beginning of the cycle, and we're going to see that here as well. The closer we get to the end of the cycle, the games are going to run smoother, look prettier, and sound better. The fact that the PC platform can do so much more nowin five to 10 years, it's hard to imagine what you can do on the PC.

I would also argue that Apple is a force to be reckoned with because of their platforms. We don't have such a big core following there because they sell a lot of machines, but not all of them are powerful iMacs or the higher-grade machines. But I definitely think they are really catching up here, and I think we're going to see increased sales of their powerful machines. And when they get into a state where people want to play not ported games but ones that are native to their platform, I think that's going to help diversify this kind of gaming. For us, as developers [working on] the PC and Apple platforms, the Apple platform is actually easier because you have the same input device. Naturally, it's going to be a big challenge for us to get it running on a different operating system, but that aside, it's the same input devices.

There's one other thing I will point out as well, and it's a reason why I believe in the PC's future, and it's what I like to call the rise of the indie developer. I work for DICE, and we're a part of EA, but I'm really happy to see that there are so many indie developers that grow from being in a garage with one to two guys into a proper developer. The power that they now have to self-publish and do all of these kinds of things means the diversity of games on the PC is going to grow exponentially. It's going to explode. You might even argue it already has exploded. And this goes for the PC and Apple's platform too. This will probably happen more on the console as well, but it's a bit harder for a new developer to get in there and start doing things. The rise of the indie developer on the PC is definitely going to lead the way for this as wellto gain more people and accumulate more players on the PC platform.

Dice

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/the-state-of-pc-gaming-6333387/

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

lundy86_4

I'll run down proof if you do.

Deal?

Show me proof that PC gaming is a viable platform.

I want to see sales numbers, including Digital Download, boxed, MMO, you name it.

If you do that, I will run down numbers for the last 20 console games that sold over 5 mil.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 lundy86_4

Honestly, I've lost count how many times I've demanded proof for some of the outrageous claims made by PC gamers in this thread... yet not a single one of them ever provided any evidence. How disappointing.

Jag85

Haven't seen it. Also, if it isn't the individuals asking for proof, it isn't your issue. They are in the right. Burden of proof lies with Lazysloth, end of story. 

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 lundy86_4

Deal?

I want to see sales numbers, including Digital Download, boxed, MMO, you name it.

If you do that, I will run down numbers for the last 20 console games that sold over 5 mil.

LazySloth718

I have nothing to run down proof for. I made no claims. Learn how the game is played, yo.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Deal?

lundy86_4

I have nothing to run down proof for. I made no claims. Learn how the game is played, yo.

Then you have nothing to say.

Go bark at cars.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Deal?

LazySloth718

Go bark at cars.

Lazysloth:

1. Makes claim.
  2. Can't provide evidence.
  3. Attempts to troll.

areyouseven.gif

----

Stop acting like a baby, yo.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

If PC wasn't a viable platforme, then why would there still be games on it...

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#328 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

Go bark at cars.

Lazysloth:

1. Makes claim.
  2. Can't provide evidence.
  3. Attempts to troll.

areyouseven.gif

----

Stop acting like a baby, yo.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I started gaming when consoles made PC games look and sound like crap. I am 36 BTW. Point is who cares.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Jag85

Based on Wikipedia's best-selling games list (which appears to be reliably sourced), the number of 5 million+ sellers on each system this gen are:

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

In other words, the Wii and 360 both had more 5 million+ sellers than the PC, while the PS3 appears to have had fewer 5 million+ sellers than the PC.

EDIT:

Slight correction... Change that to 5 for the PS3. The Wikipedia list doesn't take into account the total sales for MGS4 or Uncharted 2 (both of which exceeded 5 million), which was posted in this thread a few pages earlier. In other words, the PS3 and PC appear to be on par in terms of 5 million+ sellers.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Deal?

LazySloth718

Go bark at cars.

you can't make a claim when you yourself can't provide the proof to support it.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#332 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

Based on Wikipedia's best-selling games list (which appears to be reliably sourced), the number of 5 million+ sellers on each system this gen are:

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

In other words, the Wii and 360 both had more 5 million+ sellers than the PC, while the PS3 appears to have had fewer 5 million+ sellers than the PC.

EDIT:

Slight correction... Change that to 5 for the PS3. The Wikipedia list doesn't take into account the total sales for MGS4 or Uncharted 2 (both of which exceeded 5 million), which was posted in this thread a few pages earlier. In other words, the PS3 and PC appear to be on par in terms of 5 million+ sellers.

Jag85

And once again, sales =/= quality.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

EDIT:

Primordialous

And once again, sales =/= quality.

Then why make a big deal out of it?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 lundy86_4

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

EDIT:

Jag85

Whilst you are proving that it happens -- which wasn't contested -- you aren't proving that it happens routinely. Of the, nigh on thousands, of titles released this gen... 27 does not really convey a "routine" or "regular" occurrence.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

LazySloth718

Deal?

Why the top 10 and top 20 lists? Why don't we just see everything...

260pbu1.jpg

slide_03_2011.jpg

PC beats any single console.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 lostrib

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

EDIT:

Jag85

How did you only get 5 for PC? or did you only count exclusives?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#337 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Lazysloth is trolling.

Jankarcop

It's ZombieKiller's alt.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

This thread is cute.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

u have been a virgin since the snes?

sad.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#340 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

PC games sold worse than console games tho.

The only PC games of the era that sold well were Doom (shareware version was much more popular than the "full" one) and Myst.

Unreal Tournament sold, like, 500k copies only.

Compare that to Halo which sold about 8 million copies on Xbox alone.

Also, I liked the SNES kiddy games more than PC games, at the time. (still do if I'm completely honest)

jhonMalcovich

Counter Strike was the most played game in the world when Halo was released.

Besides Halo was on PC too.

Ugh and Halo SUCKED! It sucked so bad. All this hype around it and it was so bad compared to other PC FPS's. I remember the level design and the controls of the buggy being especially bad.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Settle down hermits.

You're supposed to entice people, not dry hump their leg.

"50 exclusives" and not one of them a system seller.

How sad.

LazySloth718
I don't think you know what a system seller is. Any game can be a system seller. alot of people upgraded to play Crysis, by NORMAL logical reasoning standards thats a system seller. MILLIONS have upgraded to keep up with world of warcraft's graphic enhancements, people have upgraded for guild wars 2, or even call of duties ect. You are comparing the standard definition of CONSOLEs to an OPEN SOURCE PLATFORM.... the fact that people are choosing PC over consoles means whatever game they are playing IS A SYSTEM SELLER. such a mis-used definition. 250k people currently playing DoTA 2 ... can't get that on consoles. or HoN or LoL, they are system sellers, people will play these religiously and in fact over the last 2-3 years HoN and DoTA's population has only INCREASED,.... yea, exactly, while everything except CoD on consoles dies off in 6 months. Those are system sellers. Those drag people away from call of consoles.
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

I have never ran into anyone that thought that their xbox or ps3 looked better than PC IRL, maybe they game on it because their friends do and because they cant see past the price of the hardware for PC gaming ( they dont understand gaming is a lot cheaper in the long run for it because of digital sales)

Many of my friends that game on consoles love gaming on PC as well.. they prefer it but they just dont want to dedicate themselves to it.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Jag85"] You serious? Ever heard of Nintendo before?Jag85

OK, NO X360 or PS3

In that case, why did you set the bar at 20 million for PS360 games but only 10 million for PC games?

You do know i did that for a reason? Stupid, The Sims 2 sold 20 Million, That's why.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

So these titles are not system sellers. Dear god, then what is a system seller according to you, Mario in the Land of Rainbows RPG ?:roll:

• Age of Wushu
  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Arma III
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • DayZ
  • Dont Starve
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Grim Dawn
  • Nuclear Union
  • Outlast
  • Path of Exile
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Scrolls
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
  • Survarium
  • Total War:
  • Trackmania 2 Valley
  • Wasteland 2

timbers_WSU

I'm more interested in The Last of Us and how Dust514 will work with Eve then any of those titles... PC is not the land of milk and honey yo make it out to be.

(This is coming from a HUGE starcraft fan who is kinda fed up with blizzard and as much as I want ESO to be good it dosnt look that way)

None of those titles are interesting to me either. I havent even heard of some of them. It is a bit flattering that Hermits care so much about console gaamers that we have to continuously check to see if they accidently inserted themselves directly into our butt canyons.

Jelly ? 

Amnesia and Slender are considered the scariest games of this gen. What horror games consoles have ? Resident Evil 6 ?:lol:

Rome Total War is considered by many as one the best games of all times. Many forecast the 2d installment to be immediate GOTY.

ARMA3 new engine will push PC graphics to the boundaries where Crysis 3 will look like an outdated game

Wasteland 2 is one of the most expected RPGs from which original Fallout took its inspiration.

The Elder Scrolls online. Who ever heard of Elder Scroll, right ? Totally unknown franchise.:lol: But I guess this is because consolites just don´t know what the word online means.:roll:

Nuclear Union, Fallout-style game but based on Moscow ruins. Doh, totally unexciting. ;)

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile, Diablo games made right, But, doh, Diablo is not system seller besides of those 10M who bought D3.

DayZ. Who likes Zombies anyway. 

I bet The Last of Us, 10-hour single player game, will totally make up for the lack of all those genres. :lol: 

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 jhonMalcovich

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

EDIT:

Jag85

Honestly you just have lost all credibility. I went to wikipedia to check and found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games

There are a bit more than 5 games there.  We have a liar over here.

EDIT: Sales from digital distribution outlets such as Steam are not taken into account. So probably PC oversold any phisical copies consoles sales. Especially Skyrim.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Crysis 3 will look like an outdated gamejhonMalcovich
Disagreed, As far as i know, Crysis 3 is the best looking vanilla game on earth
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]Crysis 3 will look like an outdated gamefaizan_faizan
Disagreed, As far as i know, Crysis 3 is the best looking vanilla game on earth

In comparison to ARMA3, I mean. ARMA3 will be the most PC resources hungry game I know. Nobody wil be able to max it at launch, barring 2XGTX680 owners :D

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Sales from digital distribution outlets such as Steam are not taken into account. So probably PC oversold any phisical copies consoles sales. Especially Skyrim.jhonMalcovich
Consoles have digital distribution too though
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]Sales from digital distribution outlets such as Steam are not taken into account. So probably PC oversold any phisical copies consoles sales. Especially Skyrim.p4s2p0
Consoles have digital distribution too though

Did they have Skyrim with 60% off discount ? Or bundles of games for 5-10 bucks ?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Wii - 15

360 - 9

PC - 5

PS3 - 3

EDIT:

jhonMalcovich

Honestly you just have lost all credibility. I went to wikipedia to check and found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games

There are a bit more than 5 games there.  We have a liar over here.

EDIT: Sales from digital distribution outlets such as Steam are not taken into account. So probably PC oversold any phisical copies consoles sales. Especially Skyrim.

We are obviously talking about the current generation, not every single generation combined. Stop lying to yourself, mate.

EDIT:

By the way, the list I was referring to is this one here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games