Consoles still trump PC and I'll tell you why

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

did you just compare ps4 sales to steam/amazon sales?

Dat sony summer sale!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/summer-blast/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_SUMMERBLAST14

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

there are definitely some advantages to consoles:

1. Everyone is on the same level in terms of the performance. (visually)

2. Everyone uses pretty much the same controller.

3. plug and play and local multiplayer with your friends is much easier.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Some people in life like to put in just a little more effort for quality experiences. Some people in life are comfortable with settling.

TC obviously took the lazy way out. LAWL consoles.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

But at the same time, that also doubles up as a disadvantage. What if I like gaming way more than the other guy, who just got an Xbox as a Christmas present? We shouldn't be forced into the same category of gamer, but we are.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

This is why PC gamers call you "peasants". Because you reject evidence and vomit your opinion all over the place. You probably have never, ever owned a gaming PC. You just believe the 5 year old anti PC myths spread by MS and Sony and refuse to try something strange and new. If anything, you're the hermit.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Consoles are still more cost effective. For $400, you're not simply getting hardware. You're getting the ecosystem that comes with the console and console communities are just as good, if not better, than PC (modding is a nice idea, but that's pretty niche). You also get a controller which itself costs around $50 or such. Yes you do pay have to pay for online now but with PS+ you get an incredible deal with plenty of value (and let's face it, if you game on PC you're spending quite a bit of money on hardware and games anyway.)

Non debatable. The community of PC gamers you'll find around games like SC2 and DOTA are far far superior to your stereotypical 16 year old Mountain Dew and Dorrito's console community.

Price is also non debatable. From 06 to 2011, I gamed primarily on console. I spent

400(Xbox)+300(5 years of live)+50(Extra Controller)+1000(20 games averaging 50 dollars)

From 2012 to today, I gamed primarily on PC. I spent

1200( Powerful PC+ Peripherals)+ 50 (10 Humble Bundles, Indie Bundles, ect, at 5 dollars each. Let's assume that's 50 games) + 300 (30 Steam Sale/Origin Sale/GOG/GMG games at 10 dollars each (BF4, Titanfall, Skyrim, BL2, Bioshock, ect))+ 200 (4 AAA games right on release date (Witcher 3).

So on PC, we get a much more powerful rig and 84 games vs 20.

@SolidGame_basic said:

You're also guaranteed a system that can play the games that you buy. With PC, there's always that chance that a) it wasn't properly optimized for PC b) you're hardware can't handle it or your computer has some internal/software issues c) the game that you bought was not even complete to begin with (which happens way more often on PC than console).

a) Shit optimization is getting much more rare and the superior PC community patches it within a week.

b) Software issues? Is this 1980? And a 1200 dollar PC, will run any game right now better than consoles. As I said earlier, it's cheaper anyways.

c) So basically Early Access? You know they are advertised as "incomplete" right?

@SolidGame_basic said:

By far the greatest reason why consoles still trump PC is that you don't need to be online to play a game. I can play a campaign without needing an internet connection. How is that 95% of PC games now require steam/drm? I can't even access story mode unless I log into steam in most cases. Even when you buy a physical copy it still requires access to steam or some other platform like origin or uplay.

You realize you can play Steam games offline right? You're actually so stupid. All servers have offline modes. I was playing AC4 on Uplay today while my internet connection was under maintenance.... Also, don't bring up DRM. You can't even play your "free" PS4 games if you're not paying 60 a month...

@SolidGame_basic said:

There's also the whole "steam sales" thing. Consoles, especially PS4, have already come around to their own sales and many games can be found cheap about a month after release. PS+ also gives you an additional discount and you also get a couple a free games that are, for the most part, still pretty recent.

No. Stop. You think your puny sales even remotely compare to Steam/ GOG/ Humble Bundles?

Stop kidding yourself. It's not even debatable

@SolidGame_basic said:

And finally, console and console games are what typically drive the industry. When do most developers start shifting gears on new game development? Around console cycles, not PC. And with the success of PS4, and to some extent X1, you will have developers focusing on consoles first. I mean, look at what happened with Watch_Dogs. It'll be the same thing with other games as well. I bet Grand Theft Auto 5 will be very similar between PC and next gen consoles.

So there you have it, a pretty damn good reason to have faith in consoles because they still rock.

Not because consoles are good at all. Because there's more idiots on there to fuel the industry. Why do you think MT filled games like Dead Space 3 thrive on console but can't get a single sale on PC? Too many idiots like you to eat the shit up. Look at the PC communities reaction to various EA controversies as opposed to consoles, who just let EA and MS walk all over them.

And LOL GTA 5 will look the same? Just like GTA 4 looks the same right?

Loading Video...

/Thread

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Damn, the TC got wrecked ITT.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@Ribnarak said:

But at the same time, that also doubles up as a disadvantage. What if I like gaming way more than the other guy, who just got an Xbox as a Christmas present? We shouldn't be forced into the same category of gamer, but we are.

oh don't get me wrong, i agree with that 100%.

The main point is that in competitive play, for consoles no one is really at a disadvantage (not including internet connection).

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

More and more people are using m/kb and modded controllers and neither are detectable. Plus a consolite on a monitor is going to have a lot less input lag than the average tv user.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

lol @ herms claiming pc games just work great. ill be waiting for the link to the fix, community released or other, that makes the pc version of watchdogs something other than a stuttering mess. k thx.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Most games don't require login in on some client and all of those cliens also have offline mode.

Also..lol..among developers very few are console centric. Those days are long gone. Nowadays most devs put focus on PC and mobile. The console-first studios are a small portion of all developers' population.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Why are console gamers so oblivious that Steam and Origin both have offline modes, not to mentions games bought form GoG have no DRM whatsoever.

Yes, PC hardware is more expensive, but if play games a lot, why wouldn't you want the best experience possible?

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

consoles never trumped pc's and they never will... and anyone that thinks that just doesn't know better yet.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Well good thing for TC,

he might/should get his $ony check for trashing PC so more people favor his beloved PS4.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cloud_imperium

@AdrianWerner said:

Most games don't require login in on some client and all of those cliens also have offline mode.

Also..lol..among developers very few are console centric. Those days are long gone. Nowadays most devs put focus on PC and mobile. The console-first studios are a small portion of all developers' population.

Actually , console don't even have real exclusives . 95% single platform exclusives on consoles are from first party . No 3rd party is willing to make AAA game for single console . PC is the only platform , that have real exclusives from 3rd party studios . And they make games for PC as design choice , instead of being paid by Sony or M$ .

xdrjx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By xdrjx
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

This was not even an argument. Only the most delusional of people would think TC had valid points. I had never ever had a game that I could not run, the community has alwaqs come up with some kind of solution. And even if my PC would be like 10 years old, at least I could play the games with lower setting if I want to, not being forced to by a new system. Try to run your UC4 on a PS2.

Aquamarine_VGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Aquamarine_VGB
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm not gonna discriminate anyone though. The fact is many, many games' graphics quality were decreased because the developers want them to be able to run on consoles smoothly. One of the most recent example is Watch_Dogs. Consoles' hardware specs are not as good as PC. Consoles offer limited resources, smaller size of memory and storage and limited capability of graphics cards, so the developers need to manage these limited resources carefully. This is barely a case for PCs.

I tell you this as a matter of facts. I'm mostly PC gamers but I never mind playing games on consoles. I don't discriminate nor hate any specific platform.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@Wasdie said:

1) In the short run? Perhaps. In the long run? No. $60 standard for new games, mandatory $50-60 a year for multiplayer, and little to no backlog (little to no backwards compatibility), means you're stuck with a limited library of expensive games. That adds up fast. I once calculated the amount of money I saved using Steam alone and I came up with roughly $2000 of savings over a few years. So you are wrong there, end of story. I can play literally 10,000+ games on my PC. How many can you play on the PS4 or Xbox One? Yeah that's a bad argument.

2) This isn't 2001 anymore. Even the most unoptimized games are usually completely playable. Driver issue and hardware incompatibilities are basically a thing of the past. It's not 100% plug and play but it's damn near close.

3) Again, this isn't 2001 anymore. If you can afford video games you probably live in a nation with a pretty stable internet connection. This is a non-issue at this point. The consoles too suffer greatly from not having internet. Xbox Live and PS+ are basically required to get the most out of the consoles. You're getting less than half of the experience if you don't pay and keep the consoles online all of the time. Get with the times. We're connected now. Even mobile systems are connected.

4) Steam sales, Origin sales, Amazon DD sales, and Good Ol' Games trump anything the console marketplaces have ever done. Period. Why? There is zero competition on a console. When you buy one you are forced into their controlled ecosystem where they have the final say of prices. PS+ also costs yearly while all of the aforementioned services have no fees to use.

5) CoD? On PC. Watch_Dogs? On PC. Assassin's Creed? On PC. Battlefield? On PC. Mass Effect? On PC. Wolfenstein The New Order? On PC. Even GTA 5 is moving to the PC. There are very few "industry driving" games that aren't one the PC (and the big ones almost always end up on the PC). The biggest games in the world are either exclusive on the PC or started on the PC first (Minecraft, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Starcraft II).

All in all it doesn't sound like you know a damn thing about PC gaming given your opinions here.

Lastly I leave you something that you just can't do on the consoles...

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_call_of_juarez_gunslinger_gameplay-ugtLvMiXe0HP5VIo_en.html

Call of Juarez at 1080p60 (originally recorded at 1440p60) on my PC.

Consoles don't trump the PC. The only person you are hurting with that mentality is yourself. If you're a gamer you'll end up owning a PC. Simple as that.

1. Absolutely agree. The X360 gen was VERY expensive if I add up everything from beginning to end, just like this gen will be on consoles.

2. I've just gotten into PC gaming and I'm surprised at just how plug and play it is, if feels seemless from Windows 8.1 to games and back. And games with controller support, I don't even have to set up I just press 'A' on my controller (360 controller) and it feels the same as consoles. It's not nearly as complicated or fiddly as it used to be.

3. Not sure what he's getting at, the connection doesn't need to be there during play does it? Apart from that I want to be online anyway. Also if you're not online in consoles you're missing out on a lot. Current gen games get huge updates.

4. XBL has strong sales as well sometimes, but neither compare to the PC in cost and frequency and the cost console gamers pay for brand new games is huge and builds up. On top of having to pay for a subscription.

From what I've experienced my move to the PC has been a happy one. And it's nice not getting fucked in the wallet like you do on consoles. That's the difference, and it's the agenda of console manufacturers. The object for them is to make as much money off gamers as possible. On the PC no one owns it, so there is far less incentive to do this.

For me I didn't even get my PC for gaming, all I did was add a £120 graphics card and I'm good to go. So it's been cost effective all round for me.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lol @ herms claiming pc games just work great. ill be waiting for the link to the fix, community released or other, that makes the pc version of watchdogs something other than a stuttering mess. k thx.

It must suck for a die hard cow like your self to buy a PC version of game over a 900pStation version. Lets face it cow if and that's a BIG MOTHERFUCKING IF PC has all problems you bitch about it still shits all over your beloved sony's 900pStation. Deal with it.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

TC has committed suicide !

what a wildly world we're livin' in !

@melonfarmerz You made the TC to commit suicide! :D

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I can't really see any benefits of consoles over pc, aside from its slightly quicker to get into playing a game if you lazy.

Most of what console players describe as an advantage of their console of choice is a misconception.

So for example I've heard console players say they like to game on their 42 inch hdtv. ...so do I do that on my pc. ...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@shadowchronicle said:

>Consoles are still more cost effective. For $400, you're not simply getting hardware. You're getting the ecosystem that comes with the console and console communities are just as good, if not better, than PC (modding is a nice idea, but that's pretty niche). You also get a controller which itself costs around $50 or such. Yes you do pay have to pay for online now but with PS+ you get an incredible deal with plenty of value (and let's face it, if you game on PC you're spending quite a bit of money on hardware and games anyway.)

With that you also have a pc community and ecosystem. Also when you get a PC you can do more than just playing games so the price can be justified in multiple ways. You can build a better pc than a console for the same price, I think that implies something about a console's ranking versus a pc.

>You're also guaranteed a system that can play the games that you buy. With PC, there's always that chance that a) it wasn't properly optimized for PC b) you're hardware can't handle it or your computer has some internal/software issues c) the game that you bought was not even complete to begin with (which happens way more often on PC than console).

This is a good point though. With a Console you hardly ever have problems playing the game. But it can also be argued that if it doesn't work it is because you don't have enough knowledge to operate a PC. So the case would be that people like consoles better than PCs because they are simplified versions of a personal computer. Going in with the expectation that all personalized computers are the same is just wrong. There are things like different operating systems and drivers. So for people who don't like complex systems the console is a better choice.

>By far the greatest reason why consoles still trump PC is that you don't need to be online to play a game. I can play a campaign without needing an internet connection. How is that 95% of PC games now require steam/drm? I can't even access story mode unless I log into steam in most cases. Even when you buy a physical copy it still requires access to steam or some other platform like origin or uplay.

Actually, with Xbox One Games and PS4 games in order to update games and be able to play them you have to go online and download files when you first play them. There's also an offline version of steam. Sure it is a punishment but not all games are like that.

>There's also the whole "steam sales" thing. Consoles, especially PS4, have already come around to their own sales and many games can be found cheap about a month after release. PS+ also gives you an additional discount and you also get a couple a free games that are, for the most part, still pretty recent.

As long as used games exist there will never be any good psn sales like there is on steam. From what I've seen the sales on psn are not as impressive as the ones on steam.

>And finally, console and console games are what typically drive the industry. When do most developers start shifting gears on new game development? Around console cycles, not PC. And with the success of PS4, and to some extent X1, you will have developers focusing on consoles first. I mean, look at what happened with Watch_Dogs. It'll be the same thing with other games as well. I bet Grand Theft Auto 5 will be very similar between PC and next gen consoles.

That's true but that doesn't say anything about which platform can play a game better.

You made some pretty decent points, while I do love gaming on consoles, hand helds and even PC, gaming on a PC can be horrible at times with the tedious optimization issues that majority of PC games are starting to ship with or they eventually get to a point of being unplayable w/o patches. A prime example is older games like the Fallout games, Divinity 2, Vampire TMB need patches, then you got Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 that you need fix a certain file setting to play them now, then you got games that work better with older graphic drivers or work better with Dx9 than the newest versions of Dx and so forth.

If devs could spend more time smoothing out their games for PC I would cry with all of those games running smoothly so I can never google fixes or go down the list of possible fixes on the steam forums.

One can dream

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

You made some pretty decent points, while I do love gaming on consoles, hand helds and even PC, gaming on a PC can be horrible at times with the tedious optimization issues that majority of PC games are starting to ship with or they eventually get to a point of being unplayable w/o patches. A prime example is older games like the Fallout games, Divinity 2, Vampire TMB need patches, then you got Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 that you need fix a certain file setting to play them now, then you got games that work better with older graphic drivers or work better with Dx9 than the newest versions of Dx and so forth.

If devs could spend more time smoothing out their games for PC I would cry with all of those games running smoothly so I can never google fixes or go down the list of possible fixes on the steam forums.

One can dream

Patches isn't a PC-only thing. I can't remember how many times my PS3 was tied up because of all the patches required by the Uncharted games. Couple that with the PS3's glacially slow (compared to other WiFi G adapters) WiFi G, and patching a PC game doesn't seem too bad.

I just reinstalled Crysis 1 from my Crysis Maximum Edition. I don't see what you mean by it requiring a fix for a file to even play it. Crysis 1 plays fine even without the 1.1, 1.2, and 1.2.1 patches. I just got done playing it now.

As for different DX versions...... DX9 will naturally play better because it has less features than later versions of DX. But, forcing DX9 or DX10 is usually optional. I like the choice of being able to use it rather than being stuck with DX11-only. It's useful for those with weaker graphics cards.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR: @clyde46: That whole steam offline mode seems way too complicated https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555 Like even though you want to play offline, you still have to make sure the game is properly updated. With consoles I can still play offline no matter what. Also, with consoles, if I have a physical disk, I can lend to friends. How do you lend games on PC?

Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with your argument. I understand that some people simply have a preference for PC. But consoles have been unfairly targeted this year (by some) when they're actually pretty damn good for what you're paying for. I've had a PS4 and have enjoyed games like Battlefield 4 even though the framerate isn't 60fps. Would I go out and buy a PC just so I can get it at that performance or even better? Probably not.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#76 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I agree with everything the OP said.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

@Wasdie: PC games cost $60 too. Both console and PC games go on sale fairly quickly though so you don't really have to pay that much unless you really can't wait or just want to support the developer. As for games, they are coming, and in droves. The fall lineup is looking amazing and I don't know how I'll have time to even play those, let alone "10,000". Also, because of the console push for indies we'll be getting plenty of those too. I understand you like having such a huge backlog of games to play from previous generations, which is great. I've played pretty much what I've wanted to from those generations and am excited for what's to come.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Wasdie: PC games cost $60 too.

Sniper Elite 3 on PC for me is 45.99 euro. On PS4/Xbone it's 59.99 euro

Wolfenstein on PC for me is 47.99 euro. On PS4/xbone it's 59.99 euro.

Because there are 5-10 games on PC that are 59.99 (Watch_dogs, Witcher 3, Rome 2, Call of Duty) does not suddenly make ever game cost that much...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdrianWerner said:

Actually , console don't even have real exclusives . 95% single platform exclusives on consoles are from first party . No 3rd party is willing to make AAA game for single console . PC is the only platform , that have real exclusives from 3rd party studios . And they make games for PC as design choice , instead of being paid by Sony or M$ .

So Sony and MS payed Rockstart to let RDR on consoles.?

Exclusive is anything that can be play on a single platform,either be PC,Mac,PS4 or xbox one,if the game is Mac and PC is not exclusive just like if you can get it on PS4 and xbox one is not exclusive.

@xdrjx said:

This was not even an argument. Only the most delusional of people would think TC had valid points. I had never ever had a game that I could not run, the community has alwaqs come up with some kind of solution. And even if my PC would be like 10 years old, at least I could play the games with lower setting if I want to, not being forced to by a new system. Try to run your UC4 on a PS2.

Try to run Crysis 3 on a 7800GTX a $500 dollars 2005 card can't run a 2013 game which is less than 8 years since Crysis 3 came in early 2013 the 7800GTX in summer 2005,so basically a 7+ years GPU that was $500 can't play that game even on low.

So yeah 10 years is even worse,a 10 year old GPU will not play current games games on low,you are talking about a X800 or sh** like that.

Hell watchdogs require a 5770 minimum or a 460GTX many GPU below that are not 10 years old or close.

Loading Video...

This will give you something to think about,Watch Dogs running on PS3,can you find me a video of Watch Dogs running on a 8800GTX.?

Which is a 2006 GPU way stronger than the PS3.?

I am sure that if the PS3 run that game,a PC with a 8800TGX should be able to run it even batter,but since the game is DX11 only,yeah that goes compatibility flying out of the window,so no you can't play all games on 10 year old PC,you can even do that on 7 year old hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

First off, I was motivated to type this because of the numerous over-generalizations made about consoles mostly by some PC people as well as some websites. You see all these articles about how you can get a PC for not much money and it'll still run games better than consoles. And of course, there's all the bragging about steam sales and such. Yet, when you boil it down, many of these people miss a few key facts:

Consoles are still more cost effective. For $400, you're not simply getting hardware. You're getting the ecosystem that comes with the console and console communities are just as good, if not better, than PC (modding is a nice idea, but that's pretty niche). You also get a controller which itself costs around $50 or such. Yes you do pay have to pay for online now but with PS+ you get an incredible deal with plenty of value (and let's face it, if you game on PC you're spending quite a bit of money on hardware and games anyway.)

You're also guaranteed a system that can play the games that you buy. With PC, there's always that chance that a) it wasn't properly optimized for PC b) you're hardware can't handle it or your computer has some internal/software issues c) the game that you bought was not even complete to begin with (which happens way more often on PC than console).

By far the greatest reason why consoles still trump PC is that you don't need to be online to play a game. I can play a campaign without needing an internet connection. How is that 95% of PC games now require steam/drm? I can't even access story mode unless I log into steam in most cases. Even when you buy a physical copy it still requires access to steam or some other platform like origin or uplay.

There's also the whole "steam sales" thing. Consoles, especially PS4, have already come around to their own sales and many games can be found cheap about a month after release. PS+ also gives you an additional discount and you also get a couple a free games that are, for the most part, still pretty recent.

And finally, console and console games are what typically drive the industry. When do most developers start shifting gears on new game development? Around console cycles, not PC. And with the success of PS4, and to some extent X1, you will have developers focusing on consoles first. I mean, look at what happened with Watch_Dogs. It'll be the same thing with other games as well. I bet Grand Theft Auto 5 will be very similar between PC and next gen consoles.

So there you have it, a pretty damn good reason to have faith in consoles because they still rock.

Outside of old school sega, nintendo, and capcom, the pc format has generally been the platform for new development(with nintendo being the only ongoing current exception. When the pc platform really started hitting a stride in the eyes of gamers was when the mmx and 3dfx Voodoo stuff was going on. At this time it almost became the "neo geo" of sorts of the industry; an untouchable platform in ways, that wasn't worth comparing because of cost. Nintendo was still outputting outstanding game design, and Sonys platform was getting everything and everything--creating an image.

It was the following generation where things really started to change. The xbox and ps2 would get these dummied down pc ports because it was what gamers were after.

If a gamer glamours over consoles the only console to do so over is wiiu.

And, console gamers are driving the industry. And look where it is going--down the shitter.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@m3dude1 said:

It must suck for a die hard cow like your self to buy a PC version of game over a 900pStation version. Lets face it cow if and that's a BIG MOTHERFUCKING IF PC has all problems you bitch about it still shits all over your beloved sony's 900pStation. Deal with it.

i didnt buy watch dogs

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@melonfarmerz said:

This is why PC gamers call you "peasants". Because you reject evidence and vomit your opinion all over the place. You probably have never, ever owned a gaming PC. You just believe the 5 year old anti PC myths spread by MS and Sony and refuse to try something strange and new. If anything, you're the hermit.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Non debatable. The community of PC gamers you'll find around games like SC2 and DOTA are far far superior to your stereotypical 16 year old Mountain Dew and Dorrito's console community.

Price is also non debatable. From 06 to 2011, I gamed primarily on console. I spent

400(Xbox)+300(5 years of live)+50(Extra Controller)+1000(20 games averaging 50 dollars)

From 2012 to today, I gamed primarily on PC. I spent

1200( Powerful PC+ Peripherals)+ 50 (10 Humble Bundles, Indie Bundles, ect, at 5 dollars each. Let's assume that's 50 games) + 300 (30 Steam Sale/Origin Sale/GOG/GMG games at 10 dollars each (BF4, Titanfall, Skyrim, BL2, Bioshock, ect))+ 200 (4 AAA games right on release date (Witcher 3).

So on PC, we get a much more powerful rig and 84 games vs 20.

@SolidGame_basic said:

a) Shit optimization is getting much more rare and the superior PC community patches it within a week.

b) Software issues? Is this 1980? And a 1200 dollar PC, will run any game right now better than consoles. As I said earlier, it's cheaper anyways.

c) So basically Early Access? You know they are advertised as "incomplete" right?

@SolidGame_basic said:

You realize you can play Steam games offline right? You're actually so stupid. All servers have offline modes. I was playing AC4 on Uplay today while my internet connection was under maintenance.... Also, don't bring up DRM. You can't even play your "free" PS4 games if you're not paying 60 a month...

@SolidGame_basic said:

No. Stop. You think your puny sales even remotely compare to Steam/ GOG/ Humble Bundles?

Stop kidding yourself. It's not even debatable

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not because consoles are good at all. Because there's more idiots on there to fuel the industry. Why do you think MT filled games like Dead Space 3 thrive on console but can't get a single sale on PC? Too many idiots like you to eat the shit up. Look at the PC communities reaction to various EA controversies as opposed to consoles, who just let EA and MS walk all over them.

And LOL GTA 5 will look the same? Just like GTA 4 looks the same right?

Loading Video...

/Thread

lol....Okay now I go make Mario Kart 8 look like this by fiddling with the settings on my tv.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@Wasdie said:

2) This isn't 2001 anymore. Even the most unoptimized games are usually completely playable. Driver issue and hardware incompatibilities are basically a thing of the past. It's not 100% plug and play but it's damn near close.

Hahahaha..... sorry mate... most of your post i agree with.... however that is utter nonsense. A thing of the past... righto :)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

The myth that you need to be connected to the internet to play games is silly. There are ways to circumvent DRM. I think the fact that eventually all games make there way to the PC makes for a good argument for the platform; they may not show up right away, but it appears that almost every game shows up somewhere accessible by a PC, even the Marios.

xdrjx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87  Edited By xdrjx
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

@tormentos: ever heard of ulow cfg's? And should I take from your answer that you imply PCs backwards compatibility is as crap as a consoles one.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

You funny if you think I read that shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: stopped reading at the first paragraph... you mean you get an ecosystem where you have to pay forced prices... and how is the community better? an mods sir... are certainly not a niche....

ugh I kept on reading and its still the same old weak list.

Don;t kid yourself... I own both a PS4/Vita ... and the PS+ sales are crap.... nevermind the fact, that you are paying for that sale to begin with.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Myth of PC gaming being expensive can be easily debunked. i even seen lot of console gamers buy multiple consoles at lauch including plasma TV and it cost double than High end gaming PC

a Decent PC can run almost every game.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I would agree with everything you said if it was why consoles are better for some people(not that they trump PC because they obviously don't for people who can build their own and know what they're doing).

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Seems like everybody has basically answered everything already.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#93 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I can play games on Steam without an internet connection. Same thing for Origin. :\

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

oh yeah about the community

Why play with people who 8/10 of the time will play as a team or act respecful on the PC when I can have a little kid or a grown up scream death threats at me just because I killed them or "took their kill"

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: @clyde46: That whole steam offline mode seems way too complicated https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555 Like even though you want to play offline, you still have to make sure the game is properly updated. With consoles I can still play offline no matter what. Also, with consoles, if I have a physical disk, I can lend to friends. How do you lend games on PC?

Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with your argument. I understand that some people simply have a preference for PC. But consoles have been unfairly targeted this year (by some) when they're actually pretty damn good for what you're paying for. I've had a PS4 and have enjoyed games like Battlefield 4 even though the framerate isn't 60fps. Would I go out and buy a PC just so I can get it at that performance or even better? Probably not.

As complicated as properly linking a link? :P

Using Offline Mode on a PC.

Please follow the instructions below to configure Offline Mode on your PC:

1. Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
  2. Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
  3. Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
  4. Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
  5. From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
  6. Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

How is that complicated exactly? lol

Go to steam, select "offline mode", restart steam. "ZOMG HOW IS THIS IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?"

As for making sure your game is updated ... it updates automatically when you turn on steam. Should you not have updated it since the last time you were online and have been using steam offline since, guess what, still works.

Do you complain that you can't use apps/play games on your PS4 without it updating the system because its too confusing to update? My god.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdrianWerner said:

Exclusive is anything that can be play on a single platform,either be PC,Mac,PS4 or xbox one,if the game is Mac and PC is not exclusive just like if you can get it on PS4 and xbox one is not exclusive.

I said Single platform exclusive and I also said 95% , not 100% . Learn to read .

And that Mac and Windows being two platforms , argument is beyond stupid .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Cloud_imperium

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdrianWerner said:

I said Single platform exclusive and I also said 95% , not 100% . Learn to read .

And that Mac and Windows being two platforms , argument is beyond stupid .

So when you say PC, you mean Windows PC and Mac?

PC = Personal Computer

It can have any Operating System (Windows , Mac , Linux) . You can change OS or install multiple OS on single platform . You can also use same steam account for your different Machines/OS . Windows based computers are mostly called PCs by different people because it dominates entire PC market . Doesn't change the fact that it is just an operating system , running on PC .

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Buying one game a month on PC (at $50) over the course of a console generation (6 years) equals $720 in savings as compared with the $60 console game.

This is also not to mention the four times a year that Steam discounts it's nearly entire catalogue of over 4000 games up to 90% off... including brand new games.

Console gaming is swiftly becoming a bad investment for a budget savvy gamer.