Console war will be decided tonight ( highlights )

  • 115 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

By Sheldon Cooper

http://news.yahoo.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-ultimate-showdown-takes-place-150113913.html

That's how serious this console war is, it's making it to prime time TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DExSQW2prGg&noredirect=1

The scenes are actually funny....and he does mention his bad choices with Beta-Max, HDDVD and the Zune lol

#2 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (30221 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

You are unrealistic.

#4 Posted by Kjranu (1006 posts) -

PC + PS4 for the ultimate gaming experience. Who cares about Halo or NSAect.

#5 Posted by Slashkice (13166 posts) -

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

#6 Edited by Heil68 (44504 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

#7 Posted by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

#8 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

He has my sword...

#9 Posted by clyde46 (46283 posts) -

Let me add this tool to my list of people that need to be skinned then dumped in salt.

#10 Posted by Jag85 (4475 posts) -

Sheldon Cooper always seemed like a "PC master race" kind of guy to me.

#11 Posted by Heil68 (44504 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

I was going more for the casual gamer :P

#12 Edited by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Let me add this tool to my list of people that need to be skinned then dumped in salt.

Why because he's an actor doing his job? I thought you were above stuff like this clyde...

#13 Edited by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

I was going more for the casual gamer :P

What do you mean gamers? The Xbone only does TV. Why would casual gamers be interested in it?

@Jag85 Pc master race? We're talking about sheldon cooper, the guy who switches between a macbook and an alienware computer right?

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (47135 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (46283 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

Let me add this tool to my list of people that need to be skinned then dumped in salt.

Why because he's an actor doing his job? I thought you were above stuff like this clyde...

I hate him for his acting, not what he's doing in this episode.

#16 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4781 posts) -

in earlier episodes sheldon was shown to incorrectly predict the zune edging out the ipod.

nobody wins the system war anyway.

#17 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Nonsense

#18 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And you since you bought one lol

#19 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

#20 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10559 posts) -

Big Bang Theory is a terrible show

#21 Edited by xhawk27 (7316 posts) -

I will decide on what next gen console to buy this summer from this. If Sheldon picks either the PS4 or Xbox One that is the system I will buy. Unless he picks the PU-U. :O

#22 Posted by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

Let me add this tool to my list of people that need to be skinned then dumped in salt.

Why because he's an actor doing his job? I thought you were above stuff like this clyde...

I hate him for his acting, not what he's doing in this episode.

Ohh :P

#24 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

Most things like this end up really with an anti-climax in a way that he'll probably pick a WiiU or PC just to not really give any of the big boxes a victory. Expecting neither to be picked.

#25 Edited by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

And here's lemming proving my point.

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34147 posts) -

#27 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

PS4 wins obviously.

#28 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

well if he picks an xbox then lemmings will finally have something to brag about.

#29 Posted by finalstar2007 (25185 posts) -

Sheldon have always been a PC kind of guy playing one MMO after another so i can see how this episode will play out miles before it even comes out, he'll just throw everything and go back to PC OR he'll buy both unless the episode itself is being sponsored by either Sony or Microsoft then the answer to that will be easier.

#30 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

I will decide on what next gen console to buy this summer from this. If Sheldon picks either the PS4 or Xbox One that is the system I will buy. Unless he picks the PU-U. :O

Seems like the perfect plan

#31 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Most things like this end up really with an anti-climax in a way that he'll probably pick a WiiU or PC just to not really give any of the big boxes a victory. Expecting neither to be picked.

Unless MS forked over some cash

#32 Posted by Heil68 (44504 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

I was going more for the casual gamer :P

What do you mean gamers? The Xbone only does TV. Why would casual gamers be interested in it?

@Jag85 Pc master race? We're talking about sheldon cooper, the guy who switches between a macbook and an alienware computer right?

Well there you go, when a console isn't focused on games like the Xbone isn't, it's perfect for those type of people.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (44504 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And you since you bought one lol

Well I needed to balance out my ultra core gamer PS4 made by SONY who is living by the by GAMERS for GAMERS mantra and the XBONE fits that bill.

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (47135 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

And here's lemming proving my point.

Actually, you're right. Its not just rednecks. I forgot about all the eurotrash and potheads. My mistake

#35 Posted by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

And here's lemming proving my point.

Actually, you're right. Its not just rednecks. I forgot about all the eurotrash and potheads. My mistake

I'm not sure how the PS4 being aimed at that demographic prevents the X1 from also being aimed at the demographic? :s

#36 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And you since you bought one lol

Well I needed to balance out my ultra core gamer PS4 made by SONY who is living by the by GAMERS for GAMERS mantra and the XBONE fits that bill.

Idk about you but I have been playing more core games on the X1 so far, but hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

#37 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8952 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

Basically this... It just doesn't make me laugh.

I bet anything they have to say about the "console war" topic will be lame and uninformed.

#38 Posted by silversix_ (14592 posts) -
@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

this. The show was made for soccer moms

#39 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6665 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

Definitely the Xbox owners.

#40 Posted by MonsieurX (30221 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Yup. Maybe Penny can get the Xbone since its marketed towards her.

And by that you mean people with low IQ's, no higher education, or red necks?

pretty sure thats just ps4 owners.

Definitely the Xbox owners.

Definitely the consoles owners

#41 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -
@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

You're comments are so unrealistic. More alien and anything else. If he's a true gamer, he would buy them both.

#42 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151051 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

True that.....

#43 Posted by Shewgenja (9263 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

#44 Edited by Prawephet (307 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: I was thinking the same thing. Of course Sheldon would pick the One. Sony wouldn't pay for this kind of advertising, Microsoft would dump a truck full of money at their feet.

So I guarantee he will pick the One on that basis alone.

#45 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7789 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol if that character is really as intelligent as he claims to be he wouldn't be agonizing over which one to get he would get the PS4 without even looking at the xbone. That show is so unrealistic.

Butthurt cow confirmed. Jelly of Xbox's world class gaming experiences, while staring at a console without games to play.

#46 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7393 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

The Big Bang Theory is an awful show.

#47 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10415 posts) -

@prawephet said:

@chikenfriedrice: I was thinking the same thing. Of course Sheldon would pick the One. Sony wouldn't pay for this kind of advertising, Microsoft would dump a truck full of money at their feet.

So I guarantee he will pick the One on that basis alone.

I love my X1 but yes this is the kind of thing MS would pay for lol

#48 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

He will pick a wiiu.

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7126 posts) -

Love the show and Sheldon always displays superior intelligence. It's obvious that he will pick THE ONE.

#50 Posted by inb4uall (5716 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Love the show and Sheldon always displays superior intelligence. It's obvious that he will pick THE ONE.

just like when he bought a alienware laptop, and a zune right?