Console sales mean absolutely nothing... You fight for nothing....

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

Through my Roku box, I often watch Inside Gaming Daily, on the Machinima channel. It's pretty informative and thankfully not laced in Dorito's and Mountain Dew (if you catch my drift). Anyway, last week they announced that the PS3 had passed the Xbox in global shipped (as we so famously trolled eachother about), but then, as the clip goes on, host Adam Kovic shotgun blasts fanboys to the face with a rather simplified and logical prioritization of what really matters in the business of video games... my question to you, System Wars... Have we been doing it wrong?

The clip in question... It's short and right to the point, so watch it before you troll :P

Wrong

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Holy sh!t that xray is brutal. I do not want to see what that actually looks like.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
They mean something and are pretty important. BUT to me, it really doesnt matter much and it really shouldnt be used as a tool for owange/claiming the game is better cuz it sold so many.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

Holy sh!t that xray is brutal. I do not want to see what that actually looks like.

the_bi99man
haha... yeah, I saw it on Google Images and i actually laughed and threw up in my mouth at the same time...
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I couldn't care less about it personally, but dem SW sales threads & damage controlling are absolutely hilarious.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Doesn't matter one bit. Also that pic is gross
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEroica  Moderator
They mean something and are pretty important. BUT to me, it really doesnt matter much and it really shouldnt be used as a tool for owange/claiming the game is better cuz it sold so many. Nengo_Flow
Of course they are a barometer of market saturation, but do we place way too much emphasis on them?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
I couldn't care less about it personally, but dem SW sales threads & damage controlling are absolutely hilarious.rjdofu
I hope you don't think I am in some way damage controlling... I personally couldn't give a flip. I thought it was just an interesting comment about the business side of games.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Pretty good watch. And they're right. Doesn't really mater how much you sell console wise if you don't have the games sales to back it up.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

Bad sales means less support which means less games which means death.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Doesn't matter one bit. Also that pic is gross

I made it just for you buddy... This is what happened to my hand while playing the St. Matthews Passion...
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

No.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEroica  Moderator

Pretty good watch. And they're right. Doesn't really mater how much you sell console wise if you don't have the games sales to back it up.

seanmcloughlin
It's a pretty good show actually... 3 minutes of all your gaming news every day. I dig it... no fluff and right to the point. I just think it's interesting how we fight over something that the console makers themselves probably don't hold as high as we do.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Floppy_Jim

The Wii has tremendous sales and yet it lacks a lot of support. Didn't you watch the video?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]I couldn't care less about it personally, but dem SW sales threads & damage controlling are absolutely hilarious.TheEroica
I hope you don't think I am in some way damage controlling... I personally couldn't give a flip. I thought it was just an interesting comment about the business side of games.

No, I didn't mean you, I wouldn't say being reasonable & using fact + logic = damage controlling lol (I assumed you meant the recently issue and how cows went batsh!t crazy over some speculation). Regardless, there're damage control & hypocrisy from all factions (mainly cows & lems) throughout the whole generation, not just recently when it comes to sales & claiming ownage over things like that. Just my observation anyway.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

They do mean a lot for the console companies but for me personally, I couldn't care less how much they sell unless that means worse support and shorter life span...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

seanmcloughlin

The Wii has tremendous sales and yet it lacks a lot of support. Didn't you watch the video?

I was speaking generally, the Wii was an anomaly.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]I couldn't care less about it personally, but dem SW sales threads & damage controlling are absolutely hilarious.rjdofu

No, I didn't mean you, I wouldn't say being reasonable & using fact + logic = damage controlling lol (I assumed you meant the recently issue and how cows went batsh!t crazy over some speculation). Regardless, there're damage control & hypocrisy from all factions (mainly cows & lems) throughout the whole generation, not just recently when it comes to sales & claiming ownage over things like that. Just my observation anyway.

oh I agree with that whole heartedly.... personally, and as stated in a post above, I think that console sales mean something, but like many aspects of the business side of gaming, don't mean as much as they used to... (you can toss exclusives in that list as well if you want). It was interesting to hear someone verbalize it I guess. As for system wars mentality, well... we sure know how to argue for some of the most childish of reasons, so I don't expect that we'll ever stop arguing about how many consoles someone sells. damage control and hypocrisy be damned!!! :P
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

One compnay made a crap ton of money, one company did not. Plus 120 million ps2, vs 70 million ps3. Who won the gen besides Nitendo, Micrsoft. Sales means nothing when you almost bankrupt your company, and fall way short of your previous gen numbers. Plus the ps3 failed in the NA market, which is the most importent market to do well in

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

the_bi99man
Agreed.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rjdofu

the_bi99man
I'm dealing with those things in daily basis, wanna see some real nasty sh!t? :P
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

rjdofu
I'm dealing with those things in daily basis, wanna see some real nasty sh!t? :P

kinda but dear god if you make me sick, Ill find you... :P
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

rjdofu

NO!

NO.

No.

no.

no

Yes.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

TheEroica

Gotta go check the TOU, I don't wanna get modded again lol (got modded once for posting a DmC gif :lol: )
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Ofc they don't matter, cows have been telling lems that all gen long, however, because lems choose to ignore cows and claim ownage, now they have to deal with the consequences.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] I'm dealing with those things in daily basis, wanna see some real nasty sh!t? :Prjdofu

Gotta go check the TOU, I don't wanna get modded again lol (got modded once for posting a DmC gif :lol: )

You could just post links to pictures, perhaps...

Wait, why am I encouraging this?:lol:

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts
Using logic here or anywhere else on teh internets s futile! Do agree though. This generation was unusual because so many Wii's shipped without any real pull through of games and many bought PS3's because it was the most economical Blu-ray player at the time and rrod...did I leave anything out? Ha!
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] kinda but dear god if you make me sick, Ill find you... :Pthe_bi99man

yes... this. haha
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

Ofc they don't matter, cows have been telling lems that all gen long, however, because lems choose to ignore cows and claim ownage, now they have to deal with the consequences.

Eddie-Vedder
so what youre saying is the cows in no way brought that on themselves last gen when they were acting like arrogant self entitled pricks about sales? you're suggesting that MS bro gamers, who scream on xbl and have nothing to play but shooter also started the fight about console sales? do I have all your assumptions correct?
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Was that hand in the OP put through a meat grinder or something?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] kinda but dear god if you make me sick, Ill find you... :Pthe_bi99man

lol you love it, just admit you sicko :P

Probably NSFW, i'll put it in a spoiler.

[spoiler] Here you go, this one hospitalized yesterday, and a dude got this when he slamed his hand on a table (on a knife to be more specific) while quarrelling with his wife (at least that what he said), poor guy [/spoiler]

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Gotta go check the TOU, I don't wanna get modded again lol (got modded once for posting a DmC gif :lol: )rjdofu

[spoiler] Here you go, this one hospitalized yesterday, and a dude got this when he slamed his hand on a table (on a knife to be more specific) while quarrelling with his wife (at least that what he said), poor guy [/spoiler]

So that's what finger tendons look like. *shudders*

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Gotta go check the TOU, I don't wanna get modded again lol (got modded once for posting a DmC gif :lol: )rjdofu

Please tell me where you;'re finding these screens so I can look for more of them! :lol:

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

TheFatPerson

Please tell me where you;'re finding these screens so I can look for more of them! :lol:

From my camera :lol:, i'm doing internship at an orthopedic hospital.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator

Was that hand in the OP put through a meat grinder or something?

TheFatPerson
I actually have no idea... I saw the image on google and started laughing.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

From my camera :lol:, i'm doing internship at an orthopedic hospital.

*shudders again*

Also, your sig is hilarious. I especially love the mortal kombat one. Hahaha. Scorpion vs 9 Year old with leukemia. And that it just cuts from that one when he launches the jump kick. Like, "you don't need to see this.. just.. winner".:lol:

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

That one was a gang fight, freaking case took like 3 hours to repair.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

They put it back together?! Will it ever work again? I mean, that was straight up split into two pieces, wasn't it? I'm assuming the finger half came in to the hospital carried in a box?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEroica  Moderator

the_bi99man

They put it back together?! Will it ever work again? I mean, that was straight up split into two pieces, wasn't it? I'm assuming the finger half came in to the hospital carried in a box?

I decided to play a game where you guys discuss it and I imagine how bad those pics look and never click the link... it... sounds.... so...... effin..... gross.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheFatPerson

While we're on the topic of horrific pictures...I always found this one to be pretty disturbing...

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/

I think this might have been referenced on 1000 Ways to Die, actually.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rjdofu

the_bi99man

Yeah, it was put back in 1 piece, it'd take him a few weeks to be able to move & sense again.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rjdofu

While we're on the topic of horrific pictures...I always found this one to be pretty disturbing...

http://poetry.rotten.com/weightlifter/

I think this might have been referenced on 1000 Ways to Die, actually.

TheFatPerson
Goddamn that's some nasty sh!t (literally). And sr Eroica, your thread's officially derailed lol.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] That one was a gang fight, freaking case took like 3 hours to repair.TheEroica

I decided to play a game where you guys discuss it and I imagine how bad those pics look and never click the link... it... sounds.... so...... effin..... gross.

It's pretty bad. Definitely a "what has been seen cannot be unseen" kind of thing. I certainly do not envy rjdofu, who was apparently there, in person, to take the picture.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] That one was a gang fight, freaking case took like 3 hours to repair.rjdofu

Yeah, it was put back in 1 piece, it'd take him a few weeks to be able to move & sense again.

Wow. Medical science FTW. I didn't realize recovery was possible from something like that. Do they do something surgically to reattach the tendons, or do they slowly regrow/heal themselves?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rjdofu

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

It's pretty bad. Definitely a "what has been seen cannot be unseen" kind of thing. I certainly do not envy rjdofu, who was apparently there, in person, to take the picture.

And was there to repair the sh!t as well (in a sense, I fixed some of the tendons & ligaments).
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rjdofu

the_bi99man

Wow. Medical science FTW. I didn't realize recovery was possible from something like that. Do they do something surgically to reattach the tendons, or do they slowly regrow/heal themselves?

It's very possible actually, as long as the separated parts are protected & preserved appropriately (to avoid contamination & necrosis). Bbout the tendons, they really depend on how severe the case is. In this case the tendons are completely ruptured, so we have to sew them back together, and they will heal themselves after that.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Eddie-Vedder
And here we go.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

"Offended"
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Oh dear, how did a thread about console sales got derailed, and went towards... those things? :o

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Yeah, it was put back in 1 piece, it'd take him a few weeks to be able to move & sense again.rjdofu

It's very possible actually, as long as the separated parts are protected & preserved appropriately (to avoid contamination & necrosis). Bbout the tendons, they really depend on how severe the case is. In this case the tendons are completely ruptured, so we have to sew them back together, and they will heal themselves after that.

This is very interesting, I never thought an amputation injury as bad as the first pic is treatable so well...

But what are the chances of the guy restoring full move and sense control of his hand?